PDA

View Full Version : [8/1] "Noodles: Roamin' Off!" Review Thread [Spoilers]

Vernikova
July 31st, 2009, 03:04 PM
http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/961/main.png

English Title: Noodles: Roamin' Off!
Japanese Title: Team Rocket Disbands?!

EP585 / DP117(?)

S.Q.D: After meeting a former Team Rocket member, as well as a successful Noodle. Pasta.Ramen store owner, the Rocket Trio question their own positions with the syndicate. Will they disband? An alterate colored Metagross also appears.

Notes:

“Pokémon Diamond and Pearl: Battle Dimension” airs Monday thru Friday at 8 AM EST on Cartoon Network.
“Pokémon Diamond and Pearl: Galactic Battles” is airing at 7:30 AM and 8 AM EST on Sunday morning.
There's, like, no other airing of Pokémon unless Universal HD or The CW is airing anything that I don't know about.

I can't really be bothered to post episode discussions anymore so if Jorah or someone else wants to take my turns then you can have it.

Blue_Drifblim
July 31st, 2009, 03:11 PM
I can't really be bothered to post episode discussions anymore so if Jorah or someone else wants to take my turns then you can have it.

:D I'll gladly take your place... Heh. I'm always up in the morning anyway.

Jolene
July 31st, 2009, 04:42 PM
It sounds like a really fun episode. I love Team Rocket episodes.

Vernikova
July 31st, 2009, 05:36 PM
:D I'll gladly take your place... Heh. I'm always up in the morning anyway.

Thank you. With the things I have to do off the computer, it becomes a hassle. Especially since I'm not usually around on Saturday mornings.

It sounds like a really fun episode. I love Team Rocket episodes.

It really is a good episode like most Team Rocket episodes are. While I was looking through Serebii's pictures, I noticed a really old cameo of Meowzie from Kanto. I didn't think that I'd see Meowzie again since she's ancient.

Blue_Drifblim
August 1st, 2009, 05:51 AM
I love this episode. It was sad, but it was also funny (like Jessie spinning off the screen and her line about Metagross and a desktop). It was also cool how they actually called the noodles ramen. Jessie and Meowth both hurrying to save each other was nice, too. It shows they really care about their team... It also shows the fact that they can't manage to stay seperated for more than one episode. XD
I think my favortie part of the episode though was Ash mimicking Team Rocket's blast off. I lol'd.

CHG-Swampert
August 1st, 2009, 05:58 AM
It was actually kinda funny but they scared me for a sec there like splitting up. James really should've tried to think of a way to get them all back besides almost getting killed, heh. Didn't know that Meowth had uber noodle skills lol. He kind of got lucky when that guy dropped the ramen bread and he saw it coming.

Jorah
August 1st, 2009, 10:34 AM
Haha, this was quite a good episode. Episodes centering around Team Rocket are usually good ^^

- Team Rocket straight away?
- Jessie looks pretty with her hair down
- *Ramen* shop ~
- Oh yeah, 2 ribbons
- Aww, I feel sorry for James :(
- Why is Dawn smiling when talking about people getting seriously hurt?
- Shiny Metagross, cool
- Hahaha, James's scream when he almost falls of the cliff XD
- Kind of cool dub music when Meowth comes back
- So *that's* why Ash never says "we're blasting off"...XDD

Music kept:

Route 1
Does the celebrational music count when Team Rocket appear?
Team Rocket theme
Sinnoh Team Rocket Motto
Daian no Kimochi
Dawn talking about Metagross
After Meowth is chopping the noodles?
Metagross attacks
Megayanma attacks
Metagross attacks Jessie and James

I was unsure about 2 of them, Blue_Drifblim!

(like Jessie spinning off the screen and her line about Metagross and a desktop). It was also cool how they actually called the noodles ramen.
I think my favortie part of the episode though was Ash mimicking Team Rocket's blast off. I lol'd.

I love all of those parts, too XD And how they called it ramen.

Jolene
August 1st, 2009, 11:26 AM
That was a nice episode, but maybe it should have been a bit sadder.

Blue_Drifblim
August 1st, 2009, 01:31 PM
- Jessie looks pretty with her hair down

I forgot about that... I like her with her hair down, too. XD

Music kept:
Does the celebrational music count when Team Rocket appear?
After Meowth is chopping the noodles?

Yep, I'd count the TR celebrational music. As for the Meowth music, are you talking about that really weird music when he's talking about that time he sat in The Boss's lap? If it is, then yeah, I think that can be counted as a piece. It seems like something PCI could replace if they wanted to. I think there's a full version (well, it's only about ten seconds long...) that plays in "If the Scarf Fits, Wear It!".

mew²
August 1st, 2009, 03:52 PM
I didn't like the English DUB, maybe thats just me. But here are a few things I liked.

Shiny Metagross - Maybe it's mine? :D
Musashi's Hair - Looks better down, enough said.
Roamin Noodles/Noodles: Roamin' Off - The only thing I liked about the English DUB, the clever title. :D

lugiapkm611
August 2nd, 2009, 08:13 AM
Yup, Jesse's hair down was cool!
When I saw pictures online before "Noodles, Roamin' Off"
came out of her hair, I though it was somebody else!
Also, I lol'd when Ash *tried*
saying "we're blasting off again"!

Jorah
August 2nd, 2009, 09:54 AM
I forgot about that... I like her with her hair down, too. XD
Yep, I'd count the TR celebrational music. As for the Meowth music, are you talking about that really weird music when he's talking about that time he sat in The Boss's lap? If it is, then yeah, I think that can be counted as a piece. It seems like something PCI could replace if they wanted to. I think there's a full version (well, it's only about ten seconds long...) that plays in "If the Scarf Fits, Wear It!".

I was talking about the music just after Meowth chopped the noodles and all the customers were looking at him, amazed, I think. I don't know if that's the same scene you're talking about? XD

Azonic
August 2nd, 2009, 11:09 AM
Well, this is certainly different from the other episodes. I think they could have made it a bit more sad and touching than what they have already. Metagross was awesome though; especially the part where it shoots the Ancientpower off of the cliffs. 8D;

Blue_Drifblim
August 2nd, 2009, 11:32 AM
Yah, I know which scene you're talking about. Well, in the original, there's nothing playing at all when it shows the people standing amazed, but there's a weird sounding thing that plays (I don't know how to decribe it XD) in the background when Meowth is getting all teary eyed right after it. You can hear it in the dub, too. I'm stuck on if it should be called a piece or just a sound effect...

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
August 2nd, 2009, 03:18 PM
I <3 this episode :D TR is the best part of the show by far. My EloT:

- When AREN'T they hungry?
- Well, that kinda explains how they always survive the landings :P
- Jessie looks hawt cool with her hair down :D
- WHO?
- Ramen used Flash!
- Meowth has finally realised that Team Rocket sucks :D
- Oh, James, if you'd just kept your head up, you would have seen her change :P
- Some...creative constellations there.
- Metagross looks awesome :D
- I wouldn't have thought cat claws would be hygenic enough to make noodles with :P
- POISON TAIL WOULDN'T WORK!
- They SO should have caught the Metagross D:
- Ash's imitation sucks ASS.

Vernikova
August 3rd, 2009, 03:59 PM
A great episode like all Team Rocket-centric episdes are. Ash and Dawn were pretty funny as well. Dawn was smiling about people dying and Ash imitating Team Rocket. As always Brock does nothing of importance nor was he funny.

pokemonlover493
August 3rd, 2009, 04:02 PM
I <3 this episode :D TR is the best part of the show by far. My EloT:

- When AREN'T they hungry?
- Well, that kinda explains how they always survive the landings :P
- Jessie looks hawt cool with her hair down :D
- WHO?
- Ramen used Flash!
- Meowth has finally realised that Team Rocket sucks :D
- Oh, James, if you'd just kept your head up, you would have seen her change :P
- Some...creative constellations there.
- Metagross looks awesome :D
- I wouldn't have thought cat claws would be hygenic enough to make noodles with :P
- POISON TAIL WOULDN'T WORK!
- They SO should have caught the Metagross D:
- Ash's imitation sucks ASS.

Good point on some of those.
1. Cat claws are not hygenic.
2. Poison tail would not work.
3. After many many years meowth finally realized that TR sucks.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 8th, 2009, 08:15 AM
speaking of Poison tail, I was yelling at the television when it was being used

:t354:TG