PDA

View Full Version : Will my DS work fine?

Blaziquaza
July 31st, 2009, 08:09 PM
Today I just noticed a crack near my DS's touch screen.Will it work safely?Or do I need to get a new one..

Dogboy2709
July 31st, 2009, 08:22 PM
I think you have to be a little more detailed about the location of the crack. Where exactly is the crack? can you somehow put a picture of your DS here?

Blaziquaza
July 31st, 2009, 08:34 PM
I think you have to be a little more detailed about the location of the crack. Where exactly is the crack? can you somehow put a picture of your DS here?
Hmph.My dad won't let me.He just goes like:"OOH!THE DS IS GONNA FALL APART!"
It's about 1cm and a half away on the right of the start of the touch screen.

Dogboy2709
July 31st, 2009, 08:38 PM
Well, Is it a normal DS, a lite, or a DSi?

Well, no matter it should work just find as long as:

A) It' just a little crack
B) you don't play any games that require using the touch screen a lot.

However, you might want to wait for more people to respond to this thread. just to be on the safe side.

Look on the bright side, at least it isn't cracked in the middle...I had a normal DS and dropped it too many times and then a small crack in ths middle of the DS almost broke the thing in two.

Blaziquaza
July 31st, 2009, 09:00 PM
Well, Is it a normal DS, a lite, or a DSi?

Well, no matter it should work just find as long as:

A) It' just a little crack
B) you don't play any games that require using the touch screen a lot.

However, you might want to wait for more people to respond to this thread. just to be on the safe side.

Look on the bright side, at least it isn't cracked in the middle...I had a normal DS and dropped it too many times and then a small crack in ths middle of the DS almost broke the thing in two.
Really?Well,it's a DS Lite and I do play Pokemon Platinum often...

Blaziquaza
August 1st, 2009, 05:32 PM
Can somebody PLEASE help?

Kura
August 1st, 2009, 05:42 PM
Why don't you just bring it to a place that specializes. Like a game store or electronic store. They should know.

Also, don't doublepost. It's against the rules.

(I know, I know.. "screw the rules, I have money" right?)

Blaziquaza
August 1st, 2009, 07:13 PM
Why don't you just bring it to a place that specializes. Like a game store or electronic store. They should know.

Also, don't doublepost. It's against the rules.

(I know, I know.. "screw the rules, I have money" right?)
Guess what my dad thinks?No.Besides,he doesn't play a DS,how should he know?

Axєl
August 1st, 2009, 07:45 PM
I personally don't think you should worry too much about a small crack. Just because the plastic on the outside is a bit warn, doesn't mean that the actual inner workings will be harmed. o.o

Thats just my opinion, though.. my friend's old GBA used to have a fairly huge crack in it, but it worked just fine for a few years after that. o_O

Gary, the Magic Fairy
August 1st, 2009, 07:59 PM
Uh... I don't know wtf you're asking. If it still works, use it. If it doesn't, then get a new one. What can we do about it?

.Seth
August 1st, 2009, 08:25 PM
I've had cracks on the hinges and everything worked fine. :| I don't see why a small crack 1 1/2 cm away from the touch screen (a bit big, when you think about it) would cause any harm.

But, if it does, no matter what your dad says, take it to a Gamestop store. They specialize in Games, and Gaming Systems. They can help, believe me.

thorn96
August 1st, 2009, 08:32 PM
Just take it into a shop and get it fixed. Or don't. Either way, it isn't going to make much of a difference. My DS Lite has a crack on the hinges, and apart from a weird sqeaking noise it occasionally makes when opened, it works fine! But it wouldn't cost much to fix, either, so maybe just fix it in case of a fall onto concrete or something...

Hovo
August 1st, 2009, 11:10 PM
You can buy a replacement off dealextreme.com for like 3 bucks last time I checked. Replacing it will be hard. XD

I think it should work fine if you're gentle with it.

Blaziquaza
August 1st, 2009, 11:33 PM
I've had cracks on the hinges and everything worked fine. :| I don't see why a small crack 1 1/2 cm away from the touch screen (a bit big, when you think about it) would cause any harm.

But, if it does, no matter what your dad says, take it to a Gamestop store. They specialize in Games, and Gaming Systems. They can help, believe me.
I live in Australia,so you would mean EB Games.

Captain Hobo.
August 2nd, 2009, 06:56 PM
I don't think It will to anything to it.

Dixie Kong
August 2nd, 2009, 07:53 PM
Um, my top screen is close to falling off and it works fine. My sister has a few cracks on her touch screen, but it hasn't bothered gameplay. Just try not to use the touchscreen too much. It's not hard just selecting attacks with the D pad and A/B buttons. ;/

thorn96
August 2nd, 2009, 10:58 PM
I live in Australia,so you would mean EB Games.

Ur aussie too? Ok, I'll help...

One of my friends was going to find out how much it costs to repair touch screen and other things for DS lite if you take it to nintendo factory in scoresby, so I'll ask him and then post it up.

[off topic]200th post YAY!!![/off topic]