PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Myers-Briggs Typology Results

The Scientist
August 1st, 2009, 09:04 PM
The Jung Typology test is pretty interesting in that its one of very, very few online tests that are psychologically accurate (if you disagree, take it up with my Psychopathology professor, Ms. O'Donnell). If you haven't heard of it, the 72-question test takes your answers and gives you a four-letter code, each letter reperesenting a trait category. You also get percentages indicating the degree to which each trait is expressed.

Take the test here (http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp) and post your results (and some basic information for those who can't be arsed to look up a bunch of four-letter codes). When the thread dies, I'll compile the data and present a graph of Other Chat's demographics.

I'm an INTJ [78% Introverted, 75% Intuitive, 88% Thinking, 22% Judging]
-Often called Strategist or Mastermind
-Doesn't like being in charge, but will take over if the current leader is incompetent.
-Is not impressed with tradition and authority, and will defy them if they don't make sense.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
August 8th, 2009, 08:25 AM
I'm ISFP (89% introverted, 12%, sensing, 12% feelind and 22% perceiving)

- Called a Composer, a sub-type of Artisan
- The most difficult type to assign a certain occupation :D
- looking at the anlyses of my type though, I'd say I'm more of an INFP :P

Rokusasu
August 8th, 2009, 08:36 AM
I'm an ISFJ (56% introverted, 62% sensing, 38% feeling, 1% judging).
- Called a Guardian -> Protector.
- Shyness is often mistaken for coldness or aloofness.
- Values tradition in family and culture.
- Does not like squandering money.

There's also stuff about diligence and working the jobs no-one else wants to- that's probably the only part that doesn't pertain to me. XD The 1% judging result is me to a T though. XD;;

Yamikarasu
August 8th, 2009, 08:51 AM
I'm an INTJ (56% introverted, 38% intuitive, 38% thinking, 22% judging)

But I already knew that.

Classical Insect
August 8th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Sounds fun enough, I'll do it.

I'm ESFJ (44% Extraverted, 25% Sensing, 38% Feeling, 1% Judging)

moderately expressed extravert
moderately expressed sensing personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed judging personality
I don't get what they mean by " moderately expressed sensing personality" but the rest sounds like me.

Alexithymia~
August 8th, 2009, 09:42 AM
ITSJ:
Introverted: 89 Sensing: 62 Thinking: 38 Judging: 11

You are:

very expressed introvert
distinctively expressed sensing personality
moderately expressed thinking personality
Who got the waffle iron out?

Cassino
August 8th, 2009, 09:44 AM
I don't get what they mean by " moderately expressed sensing personality" but the rest sounds like me.
Sensing would be, unless I'm mistaken, how easily you can sympathise with others.

Josephine
August 8th, 2009, 11:21 AM
isfp

And to be honest, certain parts sound a great deal like me.

"Organized education is difficult for the majority of ISFPs, and many drop out before finishing secondary education."

"Their interest can be held better through experiential learning, at which many excel."

"ISFPs may be quite charming and ingratiating on first acquaintance, flowing with compliments which may (or may not) be deserved. On other occasions, the same individual may be aloof and detached."

EmeraldSky
August 8th, 2009, 12:19 PM
ENFJ (Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging), the Teacher Idealist

twocows
August 8th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Psychology is a rather sketchy field. It's moving in the right direction, but we're learning slowly. We really don't know that much about the human brain right now, so making assumptions about it with our limited knowledge is, at best, estimation.

Another problem with tests like these is that they make assumptions about you. You may have specific reasons for doing something that the test can't take into account, or the question is a near-hit (I'm not usually late for appointments, but I'm usually almost late). Or perhaps the question simply doesn't apply (I don't read books unless I'm required to, but I'd gladly play a good game over going to a party). The best you can do is try to guess the general idea behind the question and assume what they're looking for. Even then, the test won't likely be a good metric of who you are. Simply put, human behavior can't be measured so easily. At best, things like this are a fun pass-time.

Anyway, here are my results. I don't feel they're inaccurate, but they're not perfect, either.

INFJ: Introverted 44 Intuitive 38 Feeling 12 Judging 33

* moderately expressed introvert
* moderately expressed intuitive personality
* slightly expressed feeling personality
* moderately expressed judging personality

Description 1 (http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=3&c=counselor)
Description 2 (http://typelogic.com/infj.html)

The second one seems the more accurate of the two, though there are a lot of buzzwords and feel-good talk. It's not often I get compared to Gandhi or MLK, Jr.

Freestyle Farfetch'd
August 8th, 2009, 01:06 PM
I'm not a great one for psychological analysis, and I've always had what I believe to be a healthy skeptisism of psychiatrists, but what the heck, I took the test and got INTP. Introverted was 11%, iNtuition was 62%, Thinking was 12% and Percieving 44%. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INTP There's a description there, which partly matches up, I guess! (If you're really that interested.)

Vanilla Kitsune
August 8th, 2009, 02:34 PM
INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
11% Introverted, 38% Intuitive, 12% Feeling, 33% Judging

You are:
* slightly expressed introvert
* moderately expressed intuitive personality
* slightly expressed feeling personality

Sounds like me!

Nemaru
August 8th, 2009, 02:55 PM
I'm apparantly an ENFP:

Extraverted intuitive Feeling Perceiving
33% 25% 38% 22%

You are:
moderately expressed intuitive personality
slightly expressed perceiving personality

o.O doesn't really sound like me lmao.

It said I was like Oprah Winfrey and Bill Cosby, beat that betch!!

Tamaki
August 8th, 2009, 03:42 PM
I'm INFP (44% introverted, 12% intuitive, 12% feeling, 33% perceiving.)

:3

Vigilante
August 8th, 2009, 04:01 PM
INFP
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
Strength of the preferences % 89 62 38 22

-Suited to be an Author/Philosopher
-I see good in almost anybody and anything.
-I am an idealist healer
-I know the difference between right and wrong
-Aware of people and their feelings.

Idealists are enthusiastic, they trust their intuition, yearn for romance, seek their true self, prize meaningful relationships, and dream of attaining wisdom.
Idealists pride themselves on being loving, kindhearted, and authentic.
Idealists tend to be giving, trusting, spiritual, and they are focused on personal journeys and human potentials.
Idealists make intense mates, nurturing parents, and inspirational leaders.

That does seem like me, in all honesty, philosophy is something I enjoy, that and writing. I believe that no matter how cruel a person is, they are good.

Yoshimi
August 8th, 2009, 04:11 PM
I'm ISTP
Introverted 67%, sensing 1%, thinking 38%, perceiving 33%
- distinctively expressed introvert
- slightly expressed sensing personality
- moderately expressed thinking personality
- moderately expressed perceiving personality

I don't think it sounds like me, but that is just me.

Bianca Paragon
August 8th, 2009, 04:41 PM
ENFJ
Extraverted 78% / Intuitive 25% / Feeling 62% / Judging 22%

ENFJs are the benevolent 'pedãgogues' of humanity. They have tremendous charisma by which many are drawn into their nurturant tutelage and/or grand schemes. Many ENFJs have tremendous power to manipulate others with their phenomenal interpersonal skills and unique salesmanship. But it's usually not meant as manipulation -- ENFJs generally believe in their dreams, and see themselves as helpers and enablers, which they usually are.

ENFJs are global learners. They see the big picture. The ENFJs focus is expansive. Some can juggle an amazing number of responsibilities or projects simultaneously. Many ENFJs have tremendous entrepreneurial ability.

ENFJs are, by definition, Js, with whom we associate organization and decisiveness. But they don't resemble the SJs or even the NTJs in organization of the environment nor occasional recalcitrance. ENFJs are organized in the arena of interpersonal affairs. Their offices may or may not be cluttered, but their conclusions (reached through feelings) about people and motives are drawn much more quickly and are more resilient than those of their NFP counterparts.

ENFJs know and appreciate people. Like most NFs, (and Feelers in general), they are apt to neglect themselves and their own needs for the needs of others. They have thinner psychological boundaries than most, and are at risk for being hurt or even abused by less sensitive people. ENFJs often take on more of the burdens of others than they can bear.

Mikhail Gorbachev, Oprah Winfrey, Pope John Paul II, Ralph Nader, John Wooden, and Margaret Mead are examples of Teacher Idealists.

Tinhead Bruce
August 8th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Your Type is ENFP
Extraverted 11% / Intuitive 62% / Feeling 12% / Perceiving 22%

Idealist Portrait of the Champion (ENFP)
Like the other Idealists, Champions are rather rare, say two or three percent of the population, but even more than the others they consider intense emotional experiences as being vital to a full life. Champions have a wide range and variety of emotions, and a great passion for novelty. They see life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil, and they want to experience all the meaningful events and fascinating people in the world. The most outgoing of the Idealists, Champions often can't wait to tell others of their extraordinary experiences. Champions can be tireless in talking with others, like fountains that bubble and splash, spilling over their own words to get it all out. And usually this is not simple storytelling; Champions often speak (or write) in the hope of revealing some truth about human experience, or of motivating others with their powerful convictions. Their strong drive to speak out on issues and events, along with their boundless enthusiasm and natural talent with language, makes them the most vivacious and inspiring of all the types.

Fiercely individualistic, Champions strive toward a kind of personal authenticity, and this intention always to be themselves is usually quite attractive to others. At the same time, Champions have outstanding intuitive powers and can tell what is going on inside of others, reading hidden emotions and giving special significance to words or actions. In fact, Champions are constantly scanning the social environment, and no intriguing character or silent motive is likely to escape their attention. Far more than the other Idealists, Champions are keen and probing observers of the people around them, and are capable of intense concentration on another individual. Their attention is rarely passive or casual. On the contrary, Champions tend to be extra sensitive and alert, always ready for emergencies, always on the lookout for what's possible.

Champions are good with people and usually have a wide range of personal relationships. They are warm and full of energy with their friends. They are likable and at ease with colleagues, and handle their employees or students with great skill. They are good in public and on the telephone, and are so spontaneous and dramatic that others love to be in their company. Champions are positive, exuberant people, and often their confidence in the goodness of life and of human nature makes good things happen.

Joan Baez, Phil Donahue, Paul Robeson, Bill Moyer, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Joeseph Campbell, Edith Wharton, Sargent Shriver, Charles Dickens, and Upton Sinclair are examples of Idealist Champions

Citrinin
August 8th, 2009, 05:08 PM
INTJ "Mastermind"
[67% Introverted, 75% Intuitive, 88% Thinking, 78% Judging]

You are:

distinctively expressed introvert
distinctively expressed intuitive personality
very expressed thinking personality
very expressed judging personality

Shem
August 8th, 2009, 06:47 PM
ISTJ
Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
44 75 75 1

* moderately expressed introvert
* distinctively expressed sensing personality
* distinctively expressed thinking personality
* slightly expressed judging personality

Guardian™ Portrait of the Inspector (ISTJ)

The one word that best describes Inspectors is superdependable. Whether at home or at work, Inspectors are extraordinarily persevering and dutiful, particularly when it comes to keeping an eye on the people and products they are responsible for. In their quiet way, Inspectors see to it that rules are followed, laws are respected, and standards are upheld.

Inspectors (as much as ten percent of the general population) are the true guardians of institutions. They are patient with their work and with the procedures within an institution, although not always with the unauthorized behavior of some people in that institution. Responsible to the core, Inspectors like it when people know their duties, follow the guidelines, and operate within the rules. For their part, Inspectors will see to it that goods are examined and schedules are kept, that resources will be up to standards and delivered when and where they are supposed to be. And they would prefer that everyone be this dependable. Inspectors can be hard-nosed about the need for following the rules in the workplace, and do not hesitate to report irregularities to the proper authorities. Because of this they are often misjudged as being hard-hearted, or as having ice in their veins, for people fail to see their good intentions and their vulnerability to criticism. Also, because Inspectors usually make their inspections without much flourish or fanfare, the dedication they bring to their work can go unnoticed and unappreciated.

While not as talkative as Supervisor Guardians [ESTJs], Inspectors are still highly sociable, and are likely to be involved in community service organizations, such as Sunday School, Little League, or Boy and Girl Scouting, that transmit traditional values to the young. Like all Guardians, Inspectors hold dear their family social ceremonies-weddings, birthdays, and anniversaries - although they tend to be shy if the occasion becomes too large or too public. Generally speaking, Inspectors are not comfortable with anything that gets too fancy. Their words tend to be plain and down-to-earth, not showy or high-flown; their clothes are often simple and conservative rather than of the latest fashion; and their home and work environments are usually neat, orderly, and traditional, rather than trendy or ostentatious. As for personal property, they usually choose standard items over models loaded with features, and they often try to find classics and antiques - Inspectors prefer the old-fashioned to the newfangled every time.

Queen Elizabeth II, Harry S. Truman, Warren Buffet, Queen Victoria, James K. Polk, and J.D. Rockefeller are examples of Inspector Guardians.

I don't think mine is totally accurate, I didn't understand some of the questions.

The first paragraph nails my personality, but the second is way off =/

Gymnotide
August 8th, 2009, 07:19 PM
I didn't take the test now.
I took it for a college thing at school.

I think I'm an ENFP.

Caelus
August 8th, 2009, 07:19 PM
ENFJ
Extraverted %33
Intuitive %25
Feeling %38
Judging %22

You are:

Even more than the other Idealists, Teachers have a natural talent for leading students or trainees toward learning, or as Idealists like to think of it, they are capable of calling forth each learner's potentials. Teachers (around two percent of the population) are able - effortlessly, it seems, and almost endlessly-to dream up fascinating learning activities for their students to engage in. In some Teachers, this ability to fire the imagination can amount to a kind of genius which other types find hard to emulate. But perhaps their greatest strength lies in their belief in their students. Teachers look for the best in their students, and communicate clearly that each one has untold potential, and this confidence can inspire their students to grow and develop more than they ever thought possible.
In whatever field they choose, Teachers consider people their highest priority, and they instinctively communicate personal concern and a willingness to become involved. Warmly outgoing, and perhaps the most expressive of all the types, Teachers are remarkably good with language, especially when communicating in speech, face to face. And they do not hesitate to speak out and let their feelings be known. Bubbling with enthusiasm, Teachers will voice their passions with dramatic flourish, and can, with practice, become charismatic public speakers. This verbal ability gives Teachers a good deal of influence in groups, and they are often asked to take a leadership role.
Teachers like things settled and organized, and will schedule their work hours and social engagements well ahead of time-and they are absolutely trustworthy in honoring these commitments. Valuing as they do interpersonal cooperation and harmonious relations, Teachers are extraordinarily tolerant of others, are easy to get along with, and are usually popular wherever they are.
Teachers are highly sensitive to others, which is to say their intuition tends to be well developed. Certainly their insight into themselves and others is unparalleled. Without a doubt, they know what is going on inside themselves, and they can read other people with uncanny accuracy. Teachers also identify with others quite easily, and will actually find themselves picking up the characteristics, emotions, and beliefs of those around them. Because they slip almost unconsciously into other people's skin in this way, Teachers feel closely connected with those around them, and thus show a sincere interest in the joys and problems of their employees, colleagues, students, clients, and loved ones.

A lot of it seems accurate, but some of them I'm not sure of.

Gymnotide
August 8th, 2009, 07:24 PM
I didn't take the test now.
I took it for a college thing at school.

I think I'm an ENFP.

Here we go. I dug up the results.

Understanding you
People like you are very outgoing, enthusiastic, and spontaneous. You love meeting new people and probably have a large circle of friends and acquaintances. Since you are always on the go and seem to have boundless energy, you are usually up for any new experience and especially love surprises! You are very curious, ask a lot of questions, and are fascinated by people or things that are out of the ordinary. Because of your vivid imagination, you have many ideas a day and are great at finding creative ways of solving problems or overcoming obstacles. You love to talk - especially about fun or interesting possibilities. People enjoy your unusual sense of humor and find you fun to be around. You pride yourself on your uniqueness.

You are also a sensitive and empathetic person who often has accurate insights about others. Your friends know you are devoted and affectionate and that you feel things very deeply, even if you don't always show it. But you may also take criticism personally and find your feelings are easily hurt. When you have a lot of details to remember or projects to manage, you may become overwhelmed or discouraged. In fact, your curiosity often distracts you from the more routine parts of projects and you probably find that staying organized is one of the hardest things for you to do. Making decisions is also a struggle because there are so many interesting options calling to you at once. Whatever career you choose, it has to be something you believe in or you won't be able to stick with it for very long.

Note: Based on our assessment, your personality type is "ENFP."

Your Strengths and Blindspots:
Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. The key to finding the best path for all people is by using their natural strengths and becoming aware of their natural blindspots.

Your strengths may include:

Impressing people with your quickness and creativity
Anticipating the "right" answers people are looking for
Developing rapport easily, and changing gears quickly
Thinking quickly on your feet and articulating your strengths effectively
Networking effectively to create helpful relationships

Your blindspots may include:

Not following through on important details and deadlines
Having difficulty committing before you have checked out all your options
Being too idealistic and setting unrealistic goals
Not being very organized and not using your time well
Exaggerating or not being completely accurate with facts

For a career to be satisfying for you, it should:

Let you work with lots of interesting creative people.
Allow you to use your creativity to solve problems.
Involve work that is fun, challenging, and always varied.
Let you work at your own pace and schedule, with a minimum of rules or supervision.
Be consistent with your personal values.
Be done in an environment that is friendly, relaxed, and appreciates humor.
Rarely requires you to be responsible for lots of details.
Use your imagination to create products or services that help people.

Your Preferred Learning Style:
While ALL individuals are unique, people of the same type often learn best in similar ways. The following summarizes what you need in order to maximize learning.

Provide a wide variety of activities and a varied schedule.
Allow plenty of opportunity for interaction and collaboration.
Provide a friendly, casual, stimulating, and flexible learning environment.
Appreciates your need to "think out loud" and perform in front of classmates.
Encourages you to develop alternative ways of completing assignments.
Rewards you for your imagination and creativity.

Fallujah
August 8th, 2009, 07:27 PM
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
44 25 25 1

# moderately expressed introvert
# moderately expressed intuitive personality
# moderately expressed thinking personality
# slightly expressed judging personality

What's an introvert?

Feign
August 8th, 2009, 07:51 PM
IntrovertedIntuitiveThinkingJudging Strength of the preferences % 11122533
I know I am less introvert then I used to be.

Well that didn't turn out well, needless to say I apparently am a Mastermind.

Yuoaman
August 8th, 2009, 08:14 PM
INTJ
Introverted: 67
Intuitive: 75
Thinking: 25
Judging:56

You are:

* distinctively expressed introvert
* distinctively expressed intuitive personality
* moderately expressed thinking personality
* moderately expressed judging personality

Whatever that means...

Spinor
August 8th, 2009, 08:27 PM
ISTP
Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving
67 50 62 56

Is that normal? Apparently I am as Techy as I though :\

Wings Don't Cry
August 8th, 2009, 10:25 PM
The thinking percent makes me sound like an idiot.

ISTP
Introverted - 44
Sensing - 38
Thinking - 1
Perceiving - 33

You are:

moderately expressed introvert
slightly expressed thinking personality
moderately expressed perceiving personality

Cassino
August 9th, 2009, 01:27 AM
The thinking percent makes me sound like an idiot.
The numbers are on a continuum.
That is to say: it goes 100%-thinking to 0% to 100%-feeling (likewise: introverted to extraverted, judging to perceiving, sensing to intuitive; though I've probably got some of these wrong)
A small amount either way pretty much makes you both, so very much less of an idiot.

THIRTY-SIX
August 9th, 2009, 01:57 AM
Your Type is
INTP
Introverted 67
Intuitive 12
Thinking 25
Perceiving 11
INTP type description by D.Keirsey (http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=5&c=architect)
INTP Identify Your Career with Jung Career Indicator™ (http://www.humanmetrics.com/vocation/JCI.asp?EI=-67&SN=-12&TF=25&JP=-11) http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/cap.gif (http://www.humanmetrics.com/vocation/JCI.asp?EI=-67&SN=-12&TF=25&JP=-11) INTP Famous Personalities (http://www.humanmetrics.com/vocation/JCI.asp?EI=-67&SN=-12&TF=25&JP=-11)
INTP type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss (http://typelogic.com/intp.html)

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

* distinctively expressed introvert
* slightly expressed intuitive personality
* moderately expressed thinking personality
* slightly expressed perceiving personality

Mitchman
August 9th, 2009, 06:01 AM
I am EFNP:
Extraverted-56%
Intiuitive-38%
Feeling-25%
Perceiving-33%
I am usually:

My type is:
Like the other Idealists, Champions are rather rare, say two or three percent of the population, but even more than the others they consider intense emotional experiences as being vital to a full life. Champions have a wide range and variety of emotions, and a great passion for novelty. They see life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil, and they want to experience all the meaningful events and fascinating people in the world. The most outgoing of the Idealists, Champions often can't wait to tell others of their extraordinary experiences. Champions can be tireless in talking with others, like fountains that bubble and splash, spilling over their own words to get it all out. And usually this is not simple storytelling; Champions often speak (or write) in the hope of revealing some truth about human experience, or of motivating others with their powerful convictions. Their strong drive to speak out on issues and events, along with their boundless enthusiasm and natural talent with language, makes them the most vivacious and inspiring of all the types.
Fiercely individualistic, Champions strive toward a kind of personal authenticity, and this intention always to be themselves is usually quite attractive to others. At the same time, Champions have outstanding intuitive powers and can tell what is going on inside of others, reading hidden emotions and giving special significance to words or actions. In fact, Champions are constantly scanning the social environment, and no intriguing character or silent motive is likely to escape their attention. Far more than the other Idealists, Champions are keen and probing observers of the people around them, and are capable of intense concentration on another individual. Their attention is rarely passive or casual. On the contrary, Champions tend to be extra sensitive and alert, always ready for emergencies, always on the lookout for what's possible.
Champions are good with people and usually have a wide range of personal relationships. They are warm and full of energy with their friends. They are likable and at ease with colleagues, and handle their employees or students with great skill. They are good in public and on the telephone, and are so spontaneous and dramatic that others love to be in their company. Champions are positive, exuberant people, and often their confidence in the goodness of life and of human nature makes good things happen.
Joan Baez, Phil Donahue, Paul Robeson, Bill Moyer, Elizibeth Cady Stanton, Joeseph Campbell, Edith Wharton, Sargent Shriver, Charles Dickens, and Upton Sinclair are examples of Idealist Champions
Apparently my career is not on the list. Oh well I was always the black sheep of sorts.
So yeah. We are very rare. That kick's ass!

vanna.
August 9th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Your Type is ENTJ [Extraverted 22%, Intuitive 50%, Thinking 1%, Judging 44%]

I Am:

slightly expressed extravert

moderately expressed judging personality

The Scientist
August 15th, 2009, 06:21 PM
What's her degree in? Many high school teachers end up teaching something completely different than what they studied. If she were a professor, I might be more trustworthy, but not much. Psychology is a rather sketchy field. It's moving in the right direction, but we're learning slowly. We really don't know that much about the human brain right now, so making assumptions about it with our limited knowledge is, at best, estimation.

She is a university professor. Got her Master's in criminal psychology, which falls under Psychopathology at the University of Leiden.

Wait, did you not know I was a university student?

Timbjerr
August 15th, 2009, 06:34 PM
INTJ [56% Introverted, 38% Intuitive, 1% Thinking, 22% Judging]

I am..
-moderately expressed introvert
-moderately expressed intuitive personality
-slightly expressed thinking personality
-slightly expressed judging personality

yeah...

Samme!
August 15th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Your Type is
ISFJ
Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging
22% 75% 25% 11%

We are lucky that Protectors make up as much as ten percent the population, because their primary interest is in the safety and security of those they care about - their family, their circle of friends, their students, their patients, their boss, their fellow-workers, or their employees. Protectors have an extraordinary sense of loyalty and responsibility in their makeup, and seem fulfilled in the degree they can shield others from the dirt and dangers of the world. Speculating and experimenting do not intrigue Protectors, who prefer to make do with time-honored and time-tested products and procedures rather than change to new. At work Protectors are seldom happy in situations where the rules are constantly changing, or where long-established ways of doing things are not respected. For their part, Protectors value tradition, both in the culture and in their family. Protectors believe deeply in the stability of social ranking conferred by birth, titles, offices, and credentials. And they cherish family history and enjoy caring for family property, from houses to heirlooms.

Wanting to be of service to others, Protectors find great satisfaction in assisting the downtrodden, and can deal with disability and neediness in others better than any other type. They are not as outgoing and talkative as the Provider Guardians [ESFJs], and their shyness is often misjudged as stiffness, even coldness, when in truth Protectors are warm-hearted and sympathetic, giving happily of themselves to those in need.

Their reserve ought really to be seen as an expression of their sincerity and seriousness of purpose. The most diligent of all the types, Protectors are willing to work long, hard hours quietly doing all the thankless jobs that others manage to avoid. Protectors are quite happy working alone; in fact, in positions of authority they may try to do everything themselves rather than direct others to get the job done. Thoroughness and frugality are also virtues for them. When Protectors undertake a task, they will complete it if humanly possible. They also know better than any other type the value of a dollar, and they abhor the squandering or misuse of money. To save, to put something aside against an unpredictable future, to prepare for emergencies-these are actions near and dear to the Protector's heart. For all these reasons, Protectors are frequently overworked, just as they are frequently misunderstood and undervalued. Their contributions, and also their economies, are often taken for granted, and they rarely get the gratitude they deserve.

Okay? Maybe I am too young to take this as I don't really understand.

sabapple
August 15th, 2009, 07:20 PM
My type is INTJ

Introverted: 89
Intuitive:12
Thinking: 75
Judging: 33

You are:

very expressed introvert
slightly expressed intuitive personality
distinctively expressed thinking personality

>Feelings<
August 16th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Psychology is a rather sketchy field. It's moving in the right direction, but we're learning slowly. We really don't know that much about the human brain right now, so making assumptions about it with our limited knowledge is, at best, estimation.

Another problem with tests like these is that they make assumptions about you. You may have specific reasons for doing something that the test can't take into account, or the question is a near-hit (I'm not usually late for appointments, but I'm usually almost late). Or perhaps the question simply doesn't apply (I don't read books unless I'm required to, but I'd gladly play a good game over going to a party). The best you can do is try to guess the general idea behind the question and assume what they're looking for. Even then, the test won't likely be a good metric of who you are. Simply put, human behavior can't be measured so easily. At best, things like this are a fun pass-time.

This is very true.

I'm an ISFJ (56% introverted, 62% sensing, 38% feeling, 1% judging).
- Called a Guardian -> Protector.
- Shyness is often mistaken for coldness or aloofness.
- Values tradition in family and culture.
- Does not like squandering money.

There's also stuff about diligence and working the jobs no-one else wants to- that's probably the only part that doesn't pertain to me. XD The 1% judging result is me to a T though. XD;;

Your Type is
ISFJ
Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging
22% 75% 25% 11%

We are lucky that Protectors make up as much as ten percent the population, because their primary interest is in the safety and security of those they care about - their family, their circle of friends, their students, their patients, their boss, their fellow-workers, or their employees. Protectors have an extraordinary sense of loyalty and responsibility in their makeup, and seem fulfilled in the degree they can shield others from the dirt and dangers of the world. Speculating and experimenting do not intrigue Protectors, who prefer to make do with time-honored and time-tested products and procedures rather than change to new. At work Protectors are seldom happy in situations where the rules are constantly changing, or where long-established ways of doing things are not respected. For their part, Protectors value tradition, both in the culture and in their family. Protectors believe deeply in the stability of social ranking conferred by birth, titles, offices, and credentials. And they cherish family history and enjoy caring for family property, from houses to heirlooms.

Wanting to be of service to others, Protectors find great satisfaction in assisting the downtrodden, and can deal with disability and neediness in others better than any other type. They are not as outgoing and talkative as the Provider Guardians [ESFJs], and their shyness is often misjudged as stiffness, even coldness, when in truth Protectors are warm-hearted and sympathetic, giving happily of themselves to those in need.

Their reserve ought really to be seen as an expression of their sincerity and seriousness of purpose. The most diligent of all the types, Protectors are willing to work long, hard hours quietly doing all the thankless jobs that others manage to avoid. Protectors are quite happy working alone; in fact, in positions of authority they may try to do everything themselves rather than direct others to get the job done. Thoroughness and frugality are also virtues for them. When Protectors undertake a task, they will complete it if humanly possible. They also know better than any other type the value of a dollar, and they abhor the squandering or misuse of money. To save, to put something aside against an unpredictable future, to prepare for emergencies-these are actions near and dear to the Protector's heart. For all these reasons, Protectors are frequently overworked, just as they are frequently misunderstood and undervalued. Their contributions, and also their economies, are often taken for granted, and they rarely get the gratitude they deserve.

Okay? Maybe I am too young to take this as I don't really understand.

There are only two people in this thread until now who has gotten the same type as me in this game, as I would call it rather than something that can judge my personality type.

Here are my details:

ISFJ
Introverted - 11%
Sensing - 1%
Feeling - 75%
Judging - 1%

I – Introversion preferred to Extraversion: ISFJs tend to be quiet and reserved. They generally prefer interacting with a few close friends rather than a wide circle of acquaintances, and they expend energy in social situations (whereas extraverts gain energy).
S – Sensing preferred to iNtuition: ISFJs tend to be more concrete than abstract. They focus their attention on the details rather than the big picture, and on immediate realities rather than future possibilities.
F – Feeling preferred to Thinking: ISFJs tend to value personal considerations above objective criteria. When making decisions, they often give more weight to social implications than to logic.
J – Judgment preferred to Perception: ISFJs tend to plan their activities and make decisions early. They derive a sense of control through predictability.

That's about it...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 16th, 2009, 07:44 AM
your type is ESTJ
Extraverted: 44%
Sensing 1%
Thinking 12%
Judging 22%

You are:

* moderately expressed extravert
* slightly expressed sensing personality
* slightly expressed thinking personality
* slightly expressed judging personality

I think a lot what are they talking about

:t354:TG

sleepingsun
August 16th, 2009, 05:12 PM
INFJ- "The Counselor"
56% Introverted
38% Intuitive
25% Feeling
1% Judging

Beneath the quiet exterior, INFJs hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life. Those who are activists -- INFJs gravitate toward such a role -- are there for the cause, not for personal glory or political power.

INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden. They often are found in the wake of an emergency, rescuing those who are in acute distress. INFJs may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenseless. The concept of 'poetic justice' is appealing to the INFJ.

"There's something rotten in Denmark." Accurately suspicious about others' motives, INFJs are not easily led. These are the people that you can rarely fool any of the time. Though affable and sympathetic to most, INFJs are selective about their friends. Such a friendship is a symbiotic bond that transcends mere words.

INFJs have a knack for fluency in language and facility in communication. In addition, nonverbal sensitivity enables the INFJ to know and be known by others intimately.

Writing, counseling, public service and even politics are areas where INFJs frequently find their niche.

Huh. Well how about that.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 16th, 2009, 06:23 PM
I'm reasonably happy with my results. :D
---------------------------------------------------------------
My Type is: I am an Architect.
INTP

Introverted- 89%
Intuitive - 50%
Thinking - 88%
Perceiving - 22%

I am a:

very expressed introvert
very expressed thinking personality

Rational Portrait of the Architect(INTP)

Architects need not be thought of as only interested in drawing blueprints for buildings or roads or bridges. They are the master designers of all kinds of theoretical systems, including school curricula, corporate strategies, and new technologies. For Architects, the world exists primarily to be analyzed, understood, explained - and re-designed. External reality in itself is unimportant, little more than raw material to be organized into structural models. What is important for Architects is that they grasp fundamental principles and natural laws, and that their designs are elegant, that is, efficient and coherent.

Architects are rare - maybe one percent of the population - and show the greatest precision in thought and speech of all the types. They tend to see distinctions and inconsistencies instantaneously, and can detect contradictions no matter when or where they were made. It is difficult for an Architect to listen to nonsense, even in a casual conversation, without pointing out the speaker's error. And in any serious discussion or debate Architects are devastating, their skill in framing arguments giving them an enormous advantage. Architects regard all discussions as a search for understanding, and believe their function is to eliminate inconsistencies, which can make communication with them an uncomfortable experience for many.

Ruthless pragmatists about ideas, and insatiably curious, Architects are driven to find the most efficient means to their ends, and they will learn in any manner and degree they can. They will listen to amateurs if their ideas are useful, and will ignore the experts if theirs are not. Authority derived from office, credential, or celebrity does not impress them. Architects are interested only in what make sense, and thus only statements that are consistent and coherent carry any weight with them.

Architects often seem difficult to know. They are inclined to be shy except with close friends, and their reserve is difficult to penetrate. Able to concentrate better than any other type, they prefer to work quietly at their computers or drafting tables, and often alone. Architects also become obsessed with analysis, and this can seem to shut others out. Once caught up in a thought process, Architects close off and persevere until they comprehend the issue in all its complexity. Architects prize intelligence, and with their grand desire to grasp the structure of the universe, they can seem arrogant and may show impatience with others who have less ability, or who are less driven.
Albert Einstein (http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=5&c=einstein) as the iconic Rational is an Architect

Dr. David Keirsey, Robert Rosen, George Soros, Gregory Peck, James Madison, Ludwig Boltzman, Charles Darwin, Adam Smith, and Thomas Jefferson (http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=5&c=jefferson)" /> are examples of the Architect Rationals
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hooray for architects!

Zet
August 16th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Your Type is
INTP
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
78 38 1 22

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
very expressed introvert

yay me, I guess

Esper
August 16th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Like the two above me, I got INTP: "The Architect"
(Introverted 89%, Intuitive 12%, Thinking 38%, Perceiving 33%)

Although I think of psychological tests as only a small step up from astrology and palm reading (they're generic enough to get something that relates to you) I did like this tidbit:

INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to almost anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 17th, 2009, 05:32 AM
Although I think of psychological tests as only a small step up from astrology and palm reading (they're generic enough to get something that relates to you) I did like this tidbit:
Actually, the test was pretty accurate because I am really like that in real life. Although, I'm not a super genius like Einstein, I do spend most of my time thinking which leads to a glazed look in my eye while i stare at the wall.

INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to almost anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves. This is also true. Having scientific debates is something I do in real life.

I don't know about you guys but it was pretty accurate for me. :D

Side note: The fact that you chose your 'nature' to be as 'calm'.
Nature: Calm

Leads me to think that the test was accurate when you took it. It's my opinion so don't get offended for saying this. XD

Lynnx
August 17th, 2009, 05:44 AM
Your Type is INTJ
Introverted - Intuitive - Thinking - Judging
33 - 25 - 38 - 33

You are:
moderately expressed introvert
moderately expressed thinking personality

"The Mastermind?" XD

All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.

Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders,
Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency-any waste of human and material resources-they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel.
Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.

In their careers, Masterminds usually rise to positions of responsibility, for they work long and hard and are dedicated in their pursuit of goals, sparing neither their own time and effort nor that of their colleagues and employees. Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. Ordinarily, they verbalize the positive and avoid comments of a negative nature; they are more interested in moving an organization forward than dwelling on mistakes of the past.

Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality.

Huh, moderate pretty much everything.

Esper
August 17th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Actually, the test was pretty accurate because I am really like that in real life. Although, I'm not a super genius like Einstein, I do spend most of my time thinking which leads to a glazed look in my eye while i stare at the wall.

This is also true. Having scientific debates is something I do in real life.

I don't know about you guys but it was pretty accurate for me. :D

Side note: The fact that you chose your 'nature' to be as 'calm'.

Leads me to think that the test was accurate when you took it. It's my opinion so don't get offended for saying this. XD

Haha. Of course I won't get offended. I'm calm, remember?

I'm not saying it's completely off, just that people are complex and these descriptions aren't. And this, taken from INTP:
They may venture so deeply into thought as to seem detached, and often actually are oblivious to the world around them.is not me at all so I can only doubt how accurate these things really are.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 17th, 2009, 08:20 AM
They may venture so deeply into thought as to seem detached, and often actually are oblivious to the world around them. But it sure is me. XD

I'm not saying it's completely off, just that people are complex and these descriptions aren't. And this, taken from INTP:Yes. It is a bit vague because people are all unique thus you cannot say that everyone is the same. Out of a certain classification, you may only fit some of the criteria but then again you may fit all of them. All online personality tests are sort of vague. Maybe if you went for an actual Psychological profiling session with a qualified Psychiatrist you might get an accurate result.

Then again, psychologists are expensive....

The Scientist
August 17th, 2009, 11:09 AM
ISFJ
Introverted - 11%
Sensing - 1%
Feeling - 75%
Judging - 1%

Anyone else catch this?

Also, here are the current PC stats:

INTJ-(9)
INFJ-(3)
INTP-(5)
INFP-(2)

ISFP-(2)
ISFJ-(3)
ISTP-(3)
ISTJ-(2)

ESFJ-(1)
ESTJ-(1)

ENFJ-(3)
ENTJ-(1)
ENFP-(4)

Us INTJs just seem to be drawn here. Any ideas why?

Raseri
August 17th, 2009, 02:40 PM
I got ENTP ( Extroverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving)

Also known as The Inventor, I think it describes me fairly well

Medaka
August 18th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Your Type is
ISTP
Introverted 78
Sensing 38
Thinking 75
Perceiving 44

You are:

very expressed introvert
distinctively expressed thinking personality

Azonic
August 19th, 2009, 10:38 AM
ENFJ

Extraverted: 78
Intuitive: 50
Feeling: 38
Judging: 22

very expressed extravert

What does that mean? lol Time to look up words. I think I'm more judging though.

Omg it said I should be a teacher. ;__; Ugggh.

ENFJs are the benevolent 'pe****gues' of humanity. They have tremendous charisma by which many are drawn into their nurturant tutelage and/or grand schemes. Many ENFJs have tremendous power to manipulate others with their phenomenal interpersonal skills and unique salesmanship. But it's usually not meant as manipulation -- ENFJs generally believe in their dreams, and see themselves as helpers and enablers, which they usually are.
ENFJs are global learners. They see the big picture. The ENFJs focus is expansive. Some can juggle an amazing number of responsibilities or projects simultaneously. Many ENFJs have tremendous entrepreneurial ability.
ENFJs are, by definition, Js, with whom we associate organization and decisiveness. But they don't resemble the SJs or even the NTJs in organization of the environment nor occasional recalcitrance. ENFJs are organized in the arena of interpersonal affairs. Their offices may or may not be cluttered, but their conclusions (reached through feelings) about people and motives are drawn much more quickly and are more resilient than those of their NFP counterparts.
ENFJs know and appreciate people. Like most NFs, (and Feelers in general), they are apt to neglect themselves and their own needs for the needs of others. They have thinner psychological boundaries than most, and are at risk for being hurt or even abused by less sensitive people. ENFJs often take on more of the burdens of others than they can bear.
/google translate

Also, the person who wrote this article is named Joe Butt... olol.

brb gonna sob and waste my life over why I'm meant to be a teacher

Eucliffe
August 19th, 2009, 11:00 AM
ISFP - Introverted (67), Sensing (1), Feeling (62), Perceiving (11).

-distinctively expressed introvert
-slightly expressed sensing personality
-distinctively expressed feeling personality
-slightly expressed perceiving personality

---

Huh, interesting...

Otter Mii-kun
August 19th, 2009, 07:04 PM
ISTP
Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving
67 12 12 33

# distinctively expressed introvert
# slightly expressed sensing personality
# slightly expressed thinking personality
# moderately expressed perceiving personality

There were some questions that didn't really apply to me.

TwilightBlade
August 25th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Great post; I studied this in Psychology. :>

ISFJ, The Nurturer, The Guardian
Introverted: 11%
Sensing: 1%
Feeling: 38%
Judging: 22%

You can find summaries of my personality type, but I'll post what's actually true.

ISFJs are sympathetic, loyal, considerate and conscientious. They will go to any amount of trouble, when it makes sense to them, to help those in need. ISFJs operate most comfortably in situations where the rules are well defined and where traditions are to be upheld. I'm too nice and I like routine/order.

ISFJs learn best by doing, rather than by reading about something in a book, or applying theory. For this reason, they are not likely to be found in fields which require a lot of conceptual analysis or theory. They value practical application. I HATE ANALYZING. Honestly, will I ever analyze literature again after school?

Once the task is learned, and its practical importance is understood, the ISFJ will faithfully and tirelessly carry through the task to completion. The ISFJ is extremely dependable. I catch on real fast and I'm dedicated to my work.

They do not usually express their own feelings, keeping things inside. If they are negative feelings, they may build up inside the ISFJ until they turn into firm judgments against individuals which are difficult to unseed, once set. Many ISFJs learn to express themselves, and find outlets for their powerful emotions. Outlet is Pokemon. Cmon, beat up that Bidoof! >:D

Just as the ISFJ is not likely to express their feelings, they are also not likely to let on that they know how others are feeling. However, they will speak up when they feel another individual really needs help, and in such cases they can truly help others become aware of their feelings. I'm quiet until I have to say something. I think it's rude to be a big mouth for no reason.

The ISFJ feels a strong sense of responsibility and duty. They take their responsibilities very seriously, and can be counted on to follow through. For this reason, people naturally tend to rely on them. The ISFJ has a difficult time saying "no" when asked to do something, and may become over-burdened ...The ISFJ needs to learn to identify, value, and express their own needs, if they wish to avoid becoming over-worked and taken for granted. I'm gonna be old and broken at age 25.

ISFJs need positive feedback from others. In the absence of positive feedback, or in the face of criticism, the ISFJ gets discouraged, and may even become depressed. Basically, I love sugar coated attention.