PDA

View Full Version : Do you enjoy the company of your parents?

digi-kun
August 1st, 2009, 10:34 PM
Pretty straightforward question. Do you enjoy the company of your parents? Of course, answers can differ depending on the situation, like "out with your friends" or "idling at home" and so on, so feel free to make up as many situations as you want XD

donavannj
August 1st, 2009, 10:36 PM
Well, it can be better than being completely alone sometimes. Though I'd rather socialize with people who I don't live with.

I probably can tolerate my parents a lot longer than most can, though.

Citrinin
August 1st, 2009, 10:38 PM
My mother, yes. For the most part, she's a cool person who respects me and my ideas. My dad... less so, mainly because we have little in common. Also, I get the idea that he's a bit intimidated by parenting a teenager, and I do happen to know that he wasn't all that keen on having children in the first place. :P

Vie
August 2nd, 2009, 12:11 AM
Sometimes I enjoy their company and...sometimes not. depends. xD

Wings Don't Cry
August 2nd, 2009, 12:13 AM
I enjoy talking to my mum but my dad, that doesn't work so well, he loves to talk to me and have me as company but it doesn't work both ways.

Mr.Kirby
August 2nd, 2009, 03:19 AM
Frankly I'm not too fond of the company of anyone. But to properly answer the poll, I prefer the company of my mum most of the time. At home, around town, around out-of-town, but with other folks I'm never sure. Sometimes she'll remain normal, but if she changes to the way she was last time she took my friend and I out to dinner... *shudder* I didn't even know what to say half the time that night. :d

Arago
August 2nd, 2009, 04:28 AM
When my dad's in a bad mood, definitely not. When he's in a good mood, he's too much of a dork to be around. :(

He's really good at being embarrassing, though, I'll give him that.

Gold warehouse
August 2nd, 2009, 04:37 AM
My dad can be funny, I'm usually laughing at him though. I see him as more of a friend, rather than as my father. I enjoy his company just as much as I would enjoy the company of any other friend.
My mum? No.

Signomi
August 2nd, 2009, 04:37 AM
Quite a lot. I consider my parents two very fun people and...well my dad's actually behind me right now telling jokes to my mum and she keeps brushing him off, which is giving me a laugh as I type this...XD

Anyway, both my parents can be rather amusing to be around. My dad especially since he likes to crack jokes and my mum would have very priceless reactions, and vice versa. Not to mention that they're great to go to whenever I'm feeling upset.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 2nd, 2009, 05:16 AM
I really don't like my family at all so I don't like their company

:t354:TG

TRIFORCE89
August 2nd, 2009, 05:18 AM
Yes I do. My family's very close. We spend lots of time together

Kazukii
August 2nd, 2009, 05:21 AM
Like eating chocolate; it's good for you in moderation.
XD, true.

Bear
August 2nd, 2009, 06:06 AM
Mostly not. I find irritations in both my parents' company. If I had to choose though I'd say my mother, merely because I have a little more in common with her. :/

Michii
August 2nd, 2009, 08:23 AM
I absolutely love being around my parents. My mother is easy to talk to and fun to just hang around with. We watch movies together some nights and just lay down watching House Hunters. My step father is fun to be around because he is blunt and funny. Like, he'll make the most hilarious jokes and then talk so seriously about his views on a very touchy subject. He's very interesting to listen to and he helps me with a lot of my problems.

Adding Grandma and Grandpa (who are like my other parents). They are a lot of fun to hang out with. They make really funny jokes. Grandpa usually makes the corny ones and Grandma makes the ones that are insulting to his jokes. I play cards with Grandma almost everytime I go over their house and talk to Grandpa about sports and grades and history (he was an S.S. teacher).

OokamiShipper
August 2nd, 2009, 08:39 AM
Sooometimes. ^^;
I like them, alot, but...sometimes...it gets dramatic, or annoying. So yeah. ^^;
But I learned to cope with it...so it's not that bad anymore. ^^

Ayselipera
August 2nd, 2009, 08:41 AM
My parents are fine to be around. I really don't have any problems with them so I enjoy the company.

Yamikarasu
August 2nd, 2009, 09:44 AM
I prefer being alone by far. My mom is alright in small doses.

.little monster
August 2nd, 2009, 11:06 AM
Yes, when they aren't being annoying/idiots.

My mom just yelled at me for coming upstairs to eat..while I was in the bathroom vomiting..

Pokepal17
August 2nd, 2009, 01:22 PM
Not really, my dad calls me upstairs for no reason and makes me watch vids I don't want to. And when I turn my back my mum steals the computer >:0

Aurafire
August 2nd, 2009, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I usually enjoy when my parents are around. But like most parents, they can be a bit bothersome sometimes.

Rokusasu
August 2nd, 2009, 01:45 PM
My mum and I are extremely close- we'll be sitting there in complete silence, and then we'll come out with the same thing, at the same time and then burst into hysterics. :3 I really like being in my parents' company, because I can be myself around them, and they won't judge me or put me down. ^_^

Caelus
August 2nd, 2009, 04:45 PM
Most of the time I enjoy their presence. My dad can be a lot less strict than my mom, though that's always when he's in a good mood. My mom can be annoying sometimes but its bearable.

Still, they're my parents so yes.

Azonic
August 2nd, 2009, 04:53 PM
I enjoy the company of my mom most of the time.

I dislike the company of both my dad and my mom together. I can tell that all of us are uncomfortable when we're all together.

I also dislike the company of just my dad; I really don't like him or his personality. If you had the details, he's a really horrible person.

If I'm with my friends, I prefer to have no adults around... XD

Fernando
August 2nd, 2009, 06:24 PM
My dad is okay to spend time with,but I never stay at his house,while I'm there I go out. My mom,well sometimes we don't get along but we do spend a good time of watching movies every month. I enjoy her company then.

Xairmo
August 2nd, 2009, 09:36 PM
Only when they aren't complaining about how horrible of a person I am and how nothing I ever do is good enough, ever. But yeah, we have some good laughs together. Especially me and my mom.

Haza
August 3rd, 2009, 12:01 AM
Only of my mother. My father tends to make things dreadful a lot of the time, even though I love him to death.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 3rd, 2009, 08:43 AM
Yes I do, I frequently talk with my mother about my day. Appreciate your parents while you still can.

Cazzicles
August 3rd, 2009, 08:44 AM
Yes, I love my parents.
What can you do without them, aye?

Suki
August 3rd, 2009, 10:33 AM
Yeah I don't mind their company - I relish it. :3 Expect when they're eating of course. Or watching some annoying Vietnamese music videos. Ha.

xxemeneminyxx
August 3rd, 2009, 11:52 AM
Yeah I get along great with them, we obviously fight sometimes but they are two cool people.

Anxiety.
August 3rd, 2009, 12:15 PM
Not really.
It's not that I don't love them, I do. It's just... they annoy me. It doesn't help knowing that they love my Sister more than me. Sucks really. They're pretending they love us equally, but I can tell they prefer her. They give her £20 a week, and only give me £10, and they say the can't afford to give me that much, I know they can, they just don't want to. She can have friends over every night, I can't. They brought her a hamster! They yelled at me for wanting to take in a Cat that had been kicked out of its home and was dying in the wild.

Man, I wish they'd just admit that they love her more and stop lying to me.

bit.trip void
August 4th, 2009, 01:07 PM
My Gran and Grandpa are okay, but rather annoying at times. It's not that I dont like their company, its just their constant " Do something good", "stop playing video games" rtc.

But overall, I still love theem, they raised me pretty much, so enh.

Jude Mathis
August 4th, 2009, 01:19 PM
I like the company of my mom, but of course, if I'm around her toooo much it can get annoying. xD

Inkpuddle
August 4th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Eh, I love my mom, but only because she's my last-resort security blanket. Otherwise, she's paranoid and manipulative. And won't stop smoking in the house. ): I've got a smoker's cough because of her, and I don't even dream of touching the stuff.
I haven't seen my father in... quite a while, so there's not much to say there. xD

A Real True Winner Is Me
August 5th, 2009, 11:49 AM
I love t he company of my mother. She is easy to talk to and very understanding. As for my dad, meh.

Hiidoran
August 5th, 2009, 12:02 PM
I typically enjoy the company of either of my parents, but my mom tends to get on my nerves much more quickly than my dad. Maybe it has to do with the fact that my father knows when to leave me alone while my mom will continue to stand there waaay past my breaking point. :x Still, I haven't really been living with my dad as long as I lived with my mom... perhaps there's still time for my opinion of him to change as well? >>

They're both pretty awesome people in their own right though; I wouldn't ever trade them for another pair of people. XD

Alexithymia~
August 5th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Not together, no. My mother is different around my stepfather, but I really enjoy her company when it's just me and her.

I loathe the company of my stepfather, he is not a very nice man to be around, and I try to be in his company as little as possible -.-

Sakura Rain
August 5th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Sometimes. When they're in good moods, which isn't often. I spend more time around my mom, yet I have more in common with my dad.

Klippy
August 5th, 2009, 09:45 PM
I love spending time with my parents. I've never felt the desire to be away from them like most teens do. Some I know can't wait to get away from their parents, but I wouldn't mind living with them for a few more years (at least right now I feel this way) XD

The Corrupt Plague
August 6th, 2009, 02:50 AM
For me, It really depends on the situation.

Cherrim
August 6th, 2009, 05:11 AM
Yes, definitely. I have a really good relationship with my parents. Sure there are rocky patches but everyone has those. I get along really well with both my parents because we're all very like-minded people with similar interests. :]

Zorua
August 7th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Admittedly, both of my parents have their downfalls. However, they have managed to fight for me one way or another. But if I had to be truthful, I would say that I wouldn't feel comfortable around the both of them, knowing how much drama goes on. x.x

vanna.
August 7th, 2009, 10:54 PM
I love my Dad's company, but my Mom's...eh, not so much.
My Dad and I are basically the same person;
We have the same sense of humor, he gives me great advice ♥
My Mom and I just argue and I end up feeling pressured to be someone
I'm not with her. Not funn.

Ruphire
August 7th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Ugh, no.

My parents and I have nothing in common whatsoever.

The main reason why, is because they don't like to accept that they're not always right about stuff.

But my grandparents on the other hand, they're awesome to be around. Especially because they know how my parents can be

and because they treat me like a person, and not just something they got stuck with.

And I wish they would just admit that they love my brother and sister than they do me. I know they do, and any member of my family,

Especially my grandparents, could tell you that. And because of that, they buy me nice stuff, and take me places, and not

my brother and sister, which in turn makes them hate me. But that's my family for you. :[

Forever
August 8th, 2009, 01:19 AM
I live with my grandparents, although... I only really enjoy their company when they're not telling me what to do (get off the computer, etc~), so really... when we reflect on the past, I enjoy them. :]

Idiot!
August 8th, 2009, 07:25 AM
I like being with my parents. With anyone actually, so long as no silly questions asked, nor comments given

jon50005
August 8th, 2009, 03:38 PM
i hate any company i like to be alone all the time

>Feelings<
August 8th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Pretty straightforward question. Do you enjoy the company of your parents?

No. There's your pretty straightforward answer.

Hyper Chibi Absol
August 8th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Not really... I never even spend time in the same room as them. Or... with any one of my family for that matter. During most of the time, I'm in the den when everyone else is watching TV in the living room.

It seems akward to actually spend time with them since I get so little of that time.

Vigilante
August 9th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Well, I am close to my mom, seeing as my dad doesn't live with us and I barely ever get to see him. And then because of that when I do get to see him, I am super shy and don't like talking so I scurry back off to my room. So, yeah.

Graceful
August 11th, 2009, 05:27 AM
I enjoy the company of them but when i feel like it I stay out of their path! XD

Netto Azure
August 11th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Not really. It's been very bad for the past 3 Years IMO.

Just the recent days have been crappy itself. D: