PDA

View Full Version : Partridge in a pear tree!

Michii
August 2nd, 2009, 09:51 AM
There are many illusions in our world. Whether they be of sound, sight, or smell, they're always around us. Maybe the tree outside is in the shape of a dog. Maybe a fantastic tasting dinner smells like the backside of a hippo. Or maybe you hear someone saying something that's completely and utterly different from what was really said. So how often are you tricked by a sight or sound or smell? How often are you plagued by illusions?

Starly sounds like the title

Fox♠
August 2nd, 2009, 10:34 AM
Clouds, clouds always get me. And shadows, like when something is at an angle and it casts a funny shadow.

.little monster
August 2nd, 2009, 11:10 AM
Shadows always trick me. ;o; I always think someone's there.

Mitchman
August 2nd, 2009, 11:13 AM
All the time at night. I see stuff in the dark like solid entities.

Ayselipera
August 2nd, 2009, 11:49 AM
When the house is completely dark I swear I see things move!

Yamikarasu
August 2nd, 2009, 12:37 PM
I hate it when I think I see something moving when I'm asleep. Because if it wasn't an illusion it must have been an alien (obviously) or my cat.

Also when there's a glare of light from outside it sometimes looks like something else.

Pokepal17
August 2nd, 2009, 01:20 PM
I hear my dad calling me when I listen to music, even if he's not at home.

Rokusasu
August 2nd, 2009, 01:43 PM
I could have sworn I saw something move in the closet of the hotel room I stayed in last night. It was slightly ajar, I saw something white fall down; when I opened it up, there was nothing. D:

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
August 2nd, 2009, 02:00 PM
sometimes, I hear music playing very faintly and I'll check my MP3 or GBA, thinking I've left one of them on....but I never have D:

Vie
August 3rd, 2009, 12:14 PM
Clouds, clouds always get me. And shadows, like when something is at an angle and it casts a funny shadow.

this.

I always watch the clouds when I'm out with my dog.

Also, stars show many many pictures to me. funny. ^.^

Citrinin
August 3rd, 2009, 04:31 PM
Clouds, mainly. I can watch those things for ages. :3

Wings Don't Cry
August 4th, 2009, 01:26 AM
Sometimes I'm watching some videos and I swear the phone goes off but it never does. I can hear it so clearly but it never actually rings maybe it's my neighbor's phone.

Swift!
August 4th, 2009, 02:54 AM
sometimes, I hear music playing very faintly and I'll check my MP3 or GBA, thinking I've left one of them on....but I never have D:

Yeah...

I sometimes hear faint tunes coming from no-where.

BakingBluePotatoe
August 4th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Ah, pareidolia, is it?

Hm... clouds?

Gunn
August 5th, 2009, 11:52 AM
I once smelled something, like food was cooking and it smelled really good. I was really hungry because I hadn't eaten breakfast that day. It turned out to be a vacuum burning. My entire morning was ruined.

jolteon.
August 5th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Sometimes I hear my parents yelling my name so I run over to their room and they just look at me like I'm crazy.
And the faint tunes from nowhere-- I get that with pokemon.. D8 I can hear the bg music playing and the sound effects happening when I press buttons, but I put my DS closer to my ears and the sound's not even on.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 5th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Clouds, Shadows and my Black Cat

:t354:TG

Anxiety.
August 5th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Well, I hallucinate, so I'm never sure if something is really there.
I also hear music very very faintly, even when none is playing anywhere near me.

Zorua
August 11th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Illusions happen quite often for me, strangely. I would think that I saw some tiny bit of movement, then when I look, nothing's there. It's sorta creepy; or it could've been just me. o.o