PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas on what tattoo to get?

tonyar109
August 3rd, 2009, 08:48 PM
So I looking forward to getting a tattoo soon but I need help.
Its for my boyfriend who is a recovering addict.
I want to get something from the bible or a really inspirtational quote/saying to represent this everyday struggle to overcome temptation. Any ideas? anything at all, I'll appreciate. XOXOhttp://www.prisontalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

.little monster
August 3rd, 2009, 08:56 PM
Don't get a tattoo, get something else that wont end up looking like Dracula when you're 50.

Get a golden cross (jewelry..not tattoo) or something if you want it to be religious.

Gunn
August 3rd, 2009, 09:38 PM
Most people would come on in this thread to tell you not to get a tattoo because of this and that, yadda yadda. Now, I'm all for tattoos and I don't see anything wrong with them, but don't do it for a boy/girlfriend or spouse; that's one of the worst kind of reasons to get a tattoo. I will give you credit for not considering his name though.

My friend has a cross on her left shoulder blade and another has a few inspirational words across her ankle. Maybe an image will be a better choice? Not sure I can picture a phrase being tattooed.

Mariah Carey
August 3rd, 2009, 09:49 PM
Jesus wasted after drinking the Holy Grail

THIRTY-SIX
August 3rd, 2009, 10:19 PM
I agree with mechaniKill do not get a tattoo for someone else, if you get a tattoo make sure it's for yourself.

Cassino
August 4th, 2009, 06:40 AM
If you can't decide I don't think you should even consider getting one; because unless you definitely know what you want, you'll regret it at some point.
Still, there are a lot of quote listing websites, just search for 'inspirational quotes' or what have you and you ought to find something soon enough, but definitely avoid something typical like "a journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step".

The Scientist
August 4th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Get the Hylian Crest.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g113/Saccitysaleen/1173957646_l.jpg

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 9th, 2009, 06:08 PM
or get Jesus on your arm (even though I think thats kinda weird but oh well)

:t354:TG

Feign
August 9th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Never get a tattoo of or for someone else, especially a boyfriend/girlfriend. I have a tattoo myself, but it was something I wanted.

To add, take one year to think of that tattoo. If you still want that tattoo from 1 year later, then definitely get it, if not, it was not meant to be.

Also, instead of going to the closest tattoo parlour, go to a few, and ask to view their portfolio (they should have one, if they don't, don't go there). Also research care instructions, the tattooist might give you instructions, but sometimes I find them to be wrong.

1. Never ever ever use vaseline to moisturize or otherwise clean the tattoo, this only kills the colours.
2. I recommend a moisturizer that also acts as a disinfectant (put this on at least 4 times a day). You don't want the tattoo to scab immediately but it will happen eventually. The more moisturized it is and longer, the better the finishing product will look.
3. Never keep the saran rap on longer than 2 hours.

And lastly remember it's permanent.

PS Once you get one, you'll want more.

sanny the hedgehog
August 9th, 2009, 06:49 PM
just putting this out there.
when you get a barbed wire fence tattoo today 50 years later it'll be a picket fence.
moral of the joke
DONT GET A TATTOO!!!

Feign
August 9th, 2009, 06:53 PM
just putting this out there.
when you get a barbed wire fence tattoo today 50 years later it'll be a picket fence.
moral of the joke
DONT GET A TATTOO!!!

The common barbed wire, tribal and Asiatic character tattoos is indeed very disconcerting.

That is why I recommend people get a custom tattoo as opposed to choosing one from a book.

Myself, I wanted a custom font for the Latin quote I had written. The font is the matrix font akin to that found on the posters.

EDIT: I also recommend that you get the tattoo placed in a more conspicuous area, like the shoulder or chest or something. Not something along the arm or near the ankle. This is merely only for profesionalism. Of course, if you know what career path you'd like to take, and know if and where tattoos are appropriate, remember to keep that in mind.

My own tattoo can easily be covered by a t-shirt.