PDA

View Full Version : CPU Cooler

liketoys0000
August 4th, 2009, 11:49 PM
It is a hot day, i want to get a CPU Cooler for my pc, when i search online, i found this Corsair CWCH50 Hydro Series, what do you think of it?

.little monster
August 5th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Not the best you can get for that price, you can find cheaper and better ones. Try Tigerdirect or Newegg. They have great deals sometimes.

twocows
August 5th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Pretty good, considering the price tag. Most water cooling systems I've seen in that price range are pure trash.

Bianca Paragon
August 5th, 2009, 12:34 PM
If you're running stock speeds; then the Intel and AMD Stock Coolers that ship with the units at the moment are perfectly ample :3

Archer
August 8th, 2009, 07:41 AM
If you're running stock speeds; then the Intel and AMD Stock Coolers that ship with the units at the moment are perfectly ample :3

It confuses me as to why people overclock processors and then spend more on cooling for them, rather than just spending the money on a better processor. Am I missing something?

My Desktop just has the case open with a desk fan blowing in. :cer_nod: This is the same desktop I usually attempt to fix with a hammer, mind you.

twocows
August 8th, 2009, 10:17 AM
It confuses me as to why people overclock processors and then spend more on cooling for them, rather than just spending the money on a better processor. Am I missing something?

My Desktop just has the case open with a desk fan blowing in. :cer_nod: This is the same desktop I usually attempt to fix with a hammer, mind you.
If I had the money, I'd get the highest clocked Core 2 Duo I could find, get some water cooling, then overclock it. A "better processor" would have more cores, and a lot of games still can't utilize more than two cores efficiently.

Bianca Paragon
August 8th, 2009, 03:57 PM

Overclocking doesn't just increase the processor speed; often you'll bring up the memory speed also; or the FSB/HTT bus speed which leads to an overall faster system~