PDA

View Full Version : I need Virus Protection!

Falcon Wing
August 5th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Hey guys! My computer has been acting up lately and I really need a good Virus removal program, Fast! So if anyone know a good one that they use that they want to recommend, just tell me!

Thanks~

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
August 5th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Avira Antiviris.

German software, one super-scan should find the viris, move to quarintine at your command, and it will pluck it out and neutralize it.

And the best part is, it's free, and downloadable from thier website.

Hope it helps.

.little monster
August 5th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Get the following:

Avira Free Antivirus
Malwarebytes
Comodo Firewall

All. : 3

Falcon Wing
August 5th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Get the following:

Avira Free Antivirus
Malwarebytes
Comodo Firewall

All. : 3

Thank you my friend! I'm glad you guys helped cause my comp. has been acting up all day, I had to use System Recovery and Re-Boot it and all of that annoying stuff.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
August 5th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Really, no problem.

Unless you're some sort of Viris-planter-ebil-person,
you shouldn't have to have complications in your computer. :D

Falcon Wing
August 6th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I have another question and I don't want to start another thread, but I d/l malwarebytes and Comodo but when I click the install icon It wont open, almost like something is stopping it from opening! I NEED HELP!

.little monster
August 6th, 2009, 02:38 PM
I have another question and I don't want to start another thread, but I d/l malwarebytes and Comodo but when I click the install icon It wont open, almost like something is stopping it from opening! I NEED HELP!

If you installed Avira already, scan the computer with it.

Melody
August 6th, 2009, 03:12 PM
It is also helpful to note that some antivirus products will refuse to install on an already infected system due to the fact that the core anti-virus executable itself could become infected, especially if the virus is an executable infector.

.little monster
August 6th, 2009, 03:15 PM
It is also helpful to note that some antivirus products will refuse to install on an already infected system due to the fact that the core anti-virus executable itself could become infected, especially if the virus is an executable infector.

I have Avira, Malwarebytes and Comodo Firewall installed on my computer, Avira was installed first too.

Zet
August 6th, 2009, 04:36 PM
must be one hell of a smart virus for it to know what to search and infect, however you could just get a portable anti-virus and put it on a usb and run it to look for viruses etc

Falcon Wing
August 6th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks you guys for all your help, now, I have all three programs recommended to me for Virus Protection, but sadly, I have one more problem. Okay here goes,

I downloaded COMODO, Malware, and Avira, they all are doing their job. A Virus of some sort called "System Security" (I'm sure you all heard of this) Was the main cause of all of my problems, at first, it was a small problem. You know the kind of problem you would'nt really pay attention to if you did'nt know how dangerous it really was, but anyways, First I used Malware to destroy the Virus, then I was going to use Avira to scan Viruses, but my comp was acting laggy so I got fustrated and clicked "Scan For Viruses' about 5-6 times, then they all popped up, I managed to close 1-2 but then out of nowhere my COMPUTER SHUTS DOWN ALL BY ITSELF! So I was like "WTF!F**CKAHH!" And when it turned back on the "System Security" seemed to reappear, thats when I decided to use Malware to destroy it again but when I was trying to scan, it SHUT OFF AGAIN! So I was like, "AHH!" So it restarted and I kind of upped my COMODO security and all of that stuff and the "Virus" semmed to dissapear, but I am worried that It will reappear.

Just now I finished my second scan on Malware and it has somekind of "Rootkit" thing in the list so I am about to re-boot and delete it, if anyone can give me any tips on what might be going on with the whole restarting computer thing, then please help!

twocows
August 6th, 2009, 09:43 PM
List the name of the rootkit here and I'll try and provide specific removal instructions for you (or a link to some). AVs are better used as diagnostics, as they cannot restore the settings a virus may have messed up (and sometimes they can't clean out the entire virus anyway). The rootkit probably has some sort of removal protection if it's forcing restarts when you try to clean it; removing it with an antivirus might mess your computer up further.

Falcon Wing
August 6th, 2009, 10:44 PM
List the name of the rootkit here and I'll try and provide specific removal instructions for you (or a link to some). AVs are better used as diagnostics, as they cannot restore the settings a virus may have messed up (and sometimes they can't clean out the entire virus anyway). The rootkit probably has some sort of removal protection if it's forcing restarts when you try to clean it; removing it with an antivirus might mess your computer up further.

Is there a way to fix this? And if so tell me specifically what I have to do to provide you the Rootkit?

twocows
August 6th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Is there a way to fix this? And if so tell me specifically what I have to do to provide you the Rootkit?
The antivirus scan results page should list the name of the virus it found. Just list the name of it here and I can probably help you from there.

FreakyLocz14
August 7th, 2009, 12:29 AM
ZoneAlarm is a great anti-virus