PDA

View Full Version : how many of you will be getting the Nintendo DS?

Alex_
October 4th, 2004, 02:10 PM
how many of you will be getting the new GBA DS??ill try their a little pricy ( 150.00) ill porlly sell sum old games and get the money and get one ....iunno though

Cherrim
October 4th, 2004, 02:21 PM
This goes in Other Games. *moves*

!Dragonite!
October 4th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Mmm, I did not know that were making a new one, when is it coming out?
Yea I will probably get one.

Alex_
October 4th, 2004, 02:27 PM
ok thanx lightning....it comes out november 21...ill prolly get it 4 christmas

Brittany
October 4th, 2004, 02:51 PM
GBA DS? It's called DS.

I won't be getting it unless my uncle gives me one. Most of my stuff is given or stolen from my uncle, lol

Kairi
October 4th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Ahh, the good old thread. Anyways, I intend to get it along with the PSP, since, well…I’m spoiled and all. Since it comes out this fall (right?) I’ll have my parents get me one, at least before I move. XP *giggle*

ryan
October 4th, 2004, 03:39 PM
um... i doubt if i'll get one. at least for a while. as soon as they make a pokemon game for it i'll have to buy it though.

Geometric-sama
October 4th, 2004, 07:25 PM
My parents never let me get a Gameboy, but since I'm almost finished school now my mum said I can get a DS when it comes out in Australia next year. But she wants me to wait for a sale, and it's like "when it gets to the price she wants, the next version will be out!" o_O I have a weird mum.

Zapchu
October 5th, 2004, 01:35 AM
I'm happy with my GBA SP and Gamecube already, so unless they release some game I am dying to play on DS, I am not getting it. I am saving up my money for the PS3. *drools*

Arcanine
October 5th, 2004, 12:58 PM
I'm going to get the Nintendo DS on the 21st and open it for my birthday gift.

seraphim
October 5th, 2004, 01:05 PM
i'll buy one...i thought it was gonna be like, 200$ tho... it looks like a great system either way...better graphics than the N64, online thingy, animal crossing, what more could one ask for in a portable game system?

Brittany
October 5th, 2004, 01:46 PM
i'll buy one...i thought it was gonna be like, 200$ tho... it looks like a great system either way...better graphics than the N64, online thingy, animal crossing, what more could one ask for in a portable game system?
What more could you ask for? XD, I'm not even going to get started with the specs and games for PSP

Lucifer
October 7th, 2004, 01:35 PM
Seeing as the sought-after Final Fantasy III remake has just been confirmed for the DS, I'm even more geared up to buy it than before.

aaaaaa
October 7th, 2004, 01:45 PM
I'll no doubt get given one from work.
But I doubt I'll even open it >_> cause gimmicky machines don't do anything for me.
Though good for Abby, will give her something to play on the flight.

Brittany
October 7th, 2004, 02:03 PM
I'll no doubt get given one from work.
But I doubt I'll even open it >_> cause gimmicky machines don't do anything for me.
Though good for Abby, will give her something to play on the flight.
Abby is going on a flight?

pokejungle
October 7th, 2004, 03:14 PM
I'm getting the DS when It comes out! All I need is $70 more bucks! YAY!

Ya....it will be killer....

And FLP, if you even mention PSP here again...*onimous silence*

XP

aaaaaa
October 7th, 2004, 11:12 PM
She could be ^_^

And no-one elses gender-sign~heart~gender-sign is as cute as mine >_>

Toothache
October 7th, 2004, 11:38 PM
um... i doubt if i'll get one. at least for a while. as soon as they make a pokemon game for it i'll have to buy it though.

There are 3 confirmed Pokemon titles for DS already. Pokemon Dash - some sort of racing game, and the details are unknown about Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl, but this could be the 4th generation of Pokemon games

rampage333
October 8th, 2004, 01:45 AM
yeah soon i'll get GBA DS lol
its cool lol

Brittany
October 8th, 2004, 02:35 PM
Seeing as the sought-after Final Fantasy III remake has just been confirmed for the DS, I'm even more geared up to buy it than before.
And we can probably expect FFVII-VIII-IX remakes for PSP.
Me wants one so badly...

DS looks like the new-age sex toy... *Gasp* (http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=19132) <Just incase you're stupid, CLICK THERE XD

pokejungle
October 8th, 2004, 02:47 PM
I now need only $50!

I'm gaining money fast...since my birthday is tomorrow! THANK YOU RELATIVES!

!Dragonite!
October 8th, 2004, 03:18 PM
There are 3 confirmed Pokemon titles for DS already. Pokemon Dash - some sort of racing game, and the details are unknown about Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl, but this could be the 4th generation of Pokemon games

Will those game be like ruby/sapphire/fire red/leaf green ect, ect.??

Does any one have a screen shot of a DS?
And does any on know about how much they will when they are first released?

Lucifer
October 9th, 2004, 02:46 AM
And we can probably expect FFVII-VIII-IX remakes for PSP.

All three of which could also be handled on the DS.

I doubt that'll happen anyway.

aaaaaa
October 9th, 2004, 04:18 AM
Yes, of course they could be handled by a system that's based on an arcitecture that was so bad it's graphics looked like they were smeered with KY Jelly.

Ryoutarou
October 9th, 2004, 04:35 AM
Yes, of course they could be handled by a system that's based on an arcitecture that was so bad it's graphics looked like they were smeered with KY Jelly.
...I really don't think that many people here acutally got that,lol. Anyways...of course I'm getting me one.

Lucifer
October 9th, 2004, 06:30 AM

*architecture

*smeared

Sorry.

The DS could easily handle FFVII/VIII/IX graphics. Whether that was sarcasm or not, I don't actually see the point you were trying to make. Expliquez?

pokejungle
October 9th, 2004, 07:30 AM
I can't believe there's only going to be ten launch games. None of them particularly stand out, so what am I supposed to buy??? The GT one maybe, but 64x4 looks OK.

Brittany
October 9th, 2004, 07:43 AM
*architecture

*smeared

Sorry.

The DS could easily handle FFVII/VIII/IX graphics. Whether that was sarcasm or not, I don't actually see the point you were trying to make. Expliquez?
Sorry but even if it could handle the graphics, it wouldn't be any longer than a 10 minute game.

The DS cart can only hold less than 1/10 of a UMD could.

And those games would barely make it to UMDs, much less DS cartridges. Unless you're expecting a 20 cartridge game XD

pokejungle
October 9th, 2004, 07:50 AM
UMD's suck. I would rather the DS carts. =/

I'd rather have a new FF anyway, better than replaying a game.

Brittany
October 9th, 2004, 07:54 AM
UMD's suck. I would rather the DS carts. =/

I'd rather have a new FF anyway, better than replaying a game.
How do UMDs suck?
Over 12x the space of a DS cart. My point is made.
I love the UMD.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/Brittany15/j.jpg
*hugs the UMD*

aaaaaa
October 9th, 2004, 01:09 PM
*architecture

*smeared

Sorry.

Now make an actually rebuttle to my point that the NDS couldn't possible handle 1.8GB of FMV on one of it's carts. Make a point, don't try and be smart - because you're not, and learn to debate.
kthx/

Brittany
October 9th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Now make an actually rebuttle to my point that the NDS couldn't possible handle 1.8GB of FMV on one of it's carts. Make a point, don't try and be smart - because you're not, and learn to debate.
kthx/
Exactly what I was thinking. The fact that you spelt a word wrong, has nothing to do with the point you were trying to make. It reminds me of the old debate threads where everyone would debate us using information that didn't apply to the subject. It's a waste of time to debate these kinds of people.

TRIFORCE89
October 9th, 2004, 01:31 PM
*nods* I will be getting the Nintendo DS. I have to. They're making Zelda for it, and I need no better reason than that.

I don't know where I stand with the DS. It's graphics appear to be better than the N64 (compare Super Mario 64 to Super Mario 64 DS), but then you see things like that new Mario Kart title where the backgrounds look like they were ripped straight from the original SuperNES game. O_o I don't care about who has better graphics, or specs or anything. I've always been playing Nintendo and only Nintendo, and it's going to continue that way for me. And that doesn't mean that I think the DS is better (I'm really upset that the second screen is only being used for maps at the moment), it's just the one I like better.

Plus, I need my Zelda fix.

pokejungle
October 12th, 2004, 01:19 PM
kthx/

I think Lucifer directly put what he was responding to. He even put "*" next to them.

Can I say take thinks IN CONTEXT?

kthx/

[Looks like the mods took out my fanboi babbling XD]

Timbjerr
October 12th, 2004, 01:50 PM
I will definitely get a DS...probably a year after its release (I'm always that way with video games and accesories). I'm looking forward to games like: Super Mario 64x4, Metroid Prime Hunters, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, and the online non-game features (pictochat etc.)

BigBoss
October 12th, 2004, 02:06 PM
I'm getting a DS, for sure, Zelda or Metroid games are enough for me. I will be getting a PSP also, when it comes out.

Kyosuke
October 12th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Eventully I will get the DS, there would be no way I could afford it at launch, but maybe a few months later or something.

As for the PSP, it would be cool to have it as a portable, as well as a device for music etc.

MetalGearX
October 15th, 2004, 09:49 AM
Yo i got a imported DS from japan wit the metroid game and its pretty cool. theres like a top and bottom screen where its like your piloting the metroid ship. Im gettin a PSP too but i think itll b to complicated for me to read that manual since its more complex so ill get it in the US i think. I heard their going to release the FF7AC movie on the PSP so yayy i can see it anywhere i go hehehe!!!

cranium
October 15th, 2004, 11:06 AM
ill buy the DS because its the only way to obtain the 4the gen of pokemon games
what it the graphics on this thing anyway
32-bit?

pokejungle
October 15th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Ok......$20 more bucks until I can afford it at launch! =S

I want it for lots of reasons, pretty much everything about it says. "BUY ME!! I'M WORTH IT!"

I listen to inanimate objects pretty often XP

Timbjerr
October 15th, 2004, 01:17 PM
ill buy the DS because its the only way to obtain the 4the gen of pokemon games
what it the graphics on this thing anyway
32-bit?graphics are somewhere between N64's and the GCN's

Kaiorga8929
October 15th, 2004, 03:39 PM
well, maybe i'm getting DS next year like march or something when prices drop a little :D

Zootster
October 16th, 2004, 10:58 AM
I'm definatly gettin a DS. Im gonna try to get 1 Nov. 21 (I have ~ $230), but im gettin Prime 2 on Nov. 11, so i don't no if i can get a game for DS.

And DS OWNS PSP!!! The only thing i c that's better about PSP is that it has better graphics. On the DS, better graphics were sacrificed for touch-screen graphics, voice recignition, and a roughly 3,000 MILE WIRELESS NETWORK!!!!!!

Brittany
October 16th, 2004, 01:57 PM
And DS OWNS PSP!!! The only thing i c that's better about PSP is that it has better graphics. On the DS, better graphics were sacrificed for touch-screen graphics, voice recignition, and a roughly 3,000 MILE WIRELESS NETWORK!!!!!!
Don't turn this into another debate. And even so, please use some real reasoning when you debate. By just listing the features of one of the devices(and not paying attention to the features of the other), your opinion is usually ignored by most members.

AdamHays
October 16th, 2004, 03:50 PM
I might get it,im not sure.More then likely i will.

pokejungle
October 16th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Hey everyone one! I'm getting a game with the DS XP

I have a $30 giftcard to BestBuy! YAY! [I still can't believe DS games are that cheap!]

Muffin Man
October 21st, 2004, 11:58 AM
... I don't know... the DS looks quite lame and cliched, in my opinion. I mean, two screens? Sounds like the idea of a 5 year old.
I might buy it if the games are any good, though.

Lucifer
November 14th, 2004, 07:12 AM
Fairly old thread that's sunk since I've been away, but I have a right to defend my corner.

kthx/

*rebuttal. -_-

I didn't want a debate. You were the one trying to be smart in the first place, which was why I felt the need to point out the fact that you'd misspelled two basic words in your post.

This one's probably worse though, since it doesn't actually fit together even though you've spelt everything correctly. Learn to string a coherent sentence together, and lose the condescending attitude. You've no right to patronise anyone.

kthx

THIRTY-SIX
November 14th, 2004, 07:19 AM
ill be getting a ds during christmas and i live in uk
my cousin lives in new york soo :P hahahahahah

Carlito-san
November 14th, 2004, 07:59 AM
metalgearx is lying...the DS comes to japan the dec.2nd...and yes ill get it with the 64x4 mario game....

BigBoss
November 14th, 2004, 09:41 AM
Yo i got a imported DS from japan wit the metroid game and its pretty cool. theres like a top and bottom screen where its like your piloting the metroid ship. Im gettin a PSP too but i think itll b to complicated for me to read that manual since its more complex so ill get it in the US i think. I heard their going to release the FF7AC movie on the PSP so yayy i can see it anywhere i go hehehe!!!

DS has not even come out in Japan yet. OO; before you lie, look up on your info.

Arcanine
November 14th, 2004, 11:38 AM
The DS does come out in Japan. It comes out the 21st of November for the US and the 2nd of December for Japan.
The US is getting the DS before Japan.
So MetalGearX don't have a clue what he/she is talking about.

John Denver
November 14th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Ugh

Brittany, Sarah...Can anyone have a thread about the DS without you two coming in and gloating about how much the PSP is better? This thread is about whether or not your getting a DS, you can say no and give your reasons why...but this is NOT a debate thread.

And Everyone else, don't encourage em! Geez...

Brittany
November 14th, 2004, 12:03 PM
Ugh

Brittany, Sarah...Can anyone have a thread about the DS without you two coming in and gloating about how much the PSP is better? This thread is about whether or not your getting a DS, you can say no and give your reasons why...but this is NOT a debate thread.

And Everyone else, don't encourage em! Geez...
*reads thread name*
DOH!

I replied to the question. "Will you get a DS?"
My answer was "No, but I'll get the PSP"
Darnit, what did I do wrong? XDD

BigBoss
November 14th, 2004, 12:07 PM
The DS does come out in Japan. It comes out the 21st of November for the US and the 2nd of December for Japan.
The US is getting the DS before Japan.
So MetalGearX don't have a clue what he/she is talking about.

I meant to say "the DS has not even come out in Japan yet". *edits*

aaaaaa
November 14th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Okay Dakota, this is where you learn to do your job properly.
Firstly, this thread was dead and buried until Lucifer decided to ressurect it to FLAME. Now, I'll explain to you the difference between debating and flaming.
Debating is where you attack the opinion, with your own opinion backed by fact.
Flaming is where you just insult the poster.
Now, guess which one is okay and which is against PC rules?
So now, Dakota, instead of coming in here to blast Brittany and I, and 'warn' other posts not to talk to us, when we haven't even posted here in like a month, how about you do your darn job and send a warning PM to lucifer for breaking rules?
kthx

Lucifer
November 14th, 2004, 12:24 PM
You drew first blood. All I did was correct your spelling, which isn't a violation of anything as far as I know. ^o)

John Denver
November 14th, 2004, 12:40 PM
Okay Dakota, this is where you learn to do your job properly.
Firstly, this thread was dead and buried until Lucifer decided to ressurect it to FLAME. Now, I'll explain to you the difference between debating and flaming.
Debating is where you attack the opinion, with your own opinion backed by fact.
Flaming is where you just insult the poster.
Now, guess which one is okay and which is against PC rules?
So now, Dakota, instead of coming in here to blast Brittany and I, and 'warn' other posts not to talk to us, when we haven't even posted here in like a month, how about you do your darn job and send a warning PM to lucifer for breaking rules?
kthx

I guess I can blame that on Norton, for giving me the innability to see Aves, Reps, and basically anything outside of text. So I never have any idea how old a thread is...ever...

But admittedly, you and Brit do in fact imply your opinions on any DS threads...look at all of em! Every DS thread in this entire forum has both of you, in there, somewhere, stabbing the DS and saying how much better the PSP is...

But also admittedly, the weight goes more on Brit's shoulders than yours by just a lil bit

aaaaaa
November 14th, 2004, 12:46 PM
Well if it wasn't true, surely we'd be proven wrong by a whole bunch of DS fans?
When I post about the DS, I post my honest opinion on the unit. I follow this up with facts usually, and past occurances, which help to back my opinion. This is all within the realms of PC rules, and it's quite irriating that when DS Fanboiz realise that we've just proved a point against their precious system, they beg for the thread to be closed. Grow up, boys.

When someone posts that don't like the DS, for any reason, don't whine about the fact that not everyone likes Nintendo's Retarded Stepson, instead, convince people why they want it. But remember, if they think something like the touchscreen is a gimmick, obviously using the touchscreen as a positive point isn't going to help your cause.

John Denver
November 14th, 2004, 12:53 PM
Well if it wasn't true, surely we'd be proven wrong by a whole bunch of DS fans?
When I post about the DS, I post my honest opinion on the unit. I follow this up with facts usually, and past occurances, which help to back my opinion. This is all within the realms of PC rules, and it's quite irriating that when DS Fanboiz realise that we've just proved a point against their precious system, they beg for the thread to be closed. Grow up, boys.

When someone posts that don't like the DS, for any reason, don't whine about the fact that not everyone likes Nintendo's Retarded Stepson, instead, convince people why they want it. But remember, if they think something like the touchscreen is a gimmick, obviously using the touchscreen as a positive point isn't going to help your cause.

Your making a huge generalization...and your attacking the debater more than you are the system, which is not debating...it's ad hominem, which is 2 steps away from flaming.

But I guess were all guilty of that. And yes, we are all guilty of that, you just as much as anyone else.

winnie
November 14th, 2004, 01:29 PM
DS....*drools*...
I'm definitely getting a DS when it comes out, though the UK doesn't get it till next year... [lucky america] ...
DS is gonna be a hit when there out in stocks with all the new stuff they've put in.

Kairi
November 14th, 2004, 01:30 PM
http://members.cox.net/celes/refuted.jpgThis is what PC looks like without images. (Read as: Owned)

That point made, yeah there was no need to revive this. =\ Debates, if left to die down will do no good if flared up again. Not to mention there’s a bout a dozen other active topics on the matter.

As for the actual argument, it’s understandable. If you’re putting out well-backed opinions and getting nothing back, it’s understandable to get a little peeved. You don’t have to call the debate a flame cause of one mean comment about the system. People here are SO frail whining for a mod as soon as their wittle feelings have a boo-boo.

Also harping on one spelling error proves you've really got nothing else to defend your claims, and that ish sad for the DS.