View Full Version : ~*!*~MOST ANNOYING GYM LEADER OF RSE~*!*~

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 8th, 2009, 04:34 PM
As the title of the thread says

:t354:TG

Napalm
August 8th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Winona -.-

Especially when you got Treeko as a starter. Not to mention Altaria and it's very obscure weaknesses, it was only lucky I had a Golem at the time!

KitFox
August 8th, 2009, 07:58 PM
^agreed. That woman makes my outrage every time she defeats me. But i managed to defeat her

Cassino
August 9th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Norman's Slaking is the third generation equivalent to Whitney's Miltank. He's the only leader I had any trouble with, but even then it wasn't much.

magrathean
August 10th, 2009, 05:50 PM
I remember Winona giving me trouble the first time I played with Sceptile, and Tate & Liza were pretty hard when I had Blaziken...

Rokusasu
August 10th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Roxanne. I already fought Brock in Gen I, kthx. D:<

mew²
August 10th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Juan was a pain when your strongest Pokemon in your underpowered team is a Shedninja -.-

:t353: RickySlaughter

Chrono
August 10th, 2009, 06:20 PM
I thought all of them were easy as I remember.. Same as the pokemon league, But I guess the last Gym leader was the hardest >_< Ice pokemon can get annoying at times.

Hatenko
August 10th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Wallace is way too flamboyant for me.

flight
August 10th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Norman wasn't really that hard for me, but meh.

For this, I'd go with Wallace, when it came to RS. Juan, strangely, wasn't all that hard. o.o

Overall though, it's Liza and Tate. I almost always had some problem when facing them.

Saud-Blaziken
August 10th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Wattson Was A BIG! Pain!

and then came Tate and Liza

urgh! I remember how much trouble the gave me!

Greene1516
August 10th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Tate and Liza with their Cosmic Power spam.

Chloè
August 10th, 2009, 06:34 PM
WATSON...
My god, he just annoys me. I don't even know why anymore XD
I think it just pisses me off that he's so happy all the time... or maybe it's his mustache... I just don't know anymore...

Logiedan
August 10th, 2009, 07:02 PM
I kinda had trouble with Norman.
I forgot most parts but Vigoroth was the most annoying. >__>
Slaking was his easiest. Loafing around = Win for me.

Johnny590
August 10th, 2009, 07:21 PM
I'd say it's a tie between Tate and Liza and Winona. But more the latter, her freaking Altaria was a pain since it knew a lot of attacks with type coverage. xDD

xxxLatiasxxx
August 12th, 2009, 05:00 PM
I think Norman was the most annoying gym leader for me.

Treble Harble
August 12th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Wionna and Flannery. Flannery was the most annoying. Especially her Torkoal.
Wionna's Skarmory was pretty annoying.
Those two gyms are annoying if you choose Treecko. >.<

Divine~Deoxys
August 13th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Tate & Liza

coz if u hav two pokes that can take them out, you're bound to struggle against team magma and aqua, coz if u have dark STAB isn't effective, nd if u have ghost, ur screwed

Nyjil da Kid
August 13th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Wionna and Flannery. Flannery was the most annoying. Especially her Torkoal.
Wionna's Skarmory was pretty annoying.
Those two gyms are annoying if you choose Treecko. >.<

Winona wasn't too tough for me. I just swept her team with Manetric.
Altaria was a problem because I forgot it knew EQ when I used Swalot[knows Ice Beam] but Flannery took awhile, especially since I couldn't find a decent
place to train...

theDIRTYAVENGER
August 13th, 2009, 02:20 PM
I could not stand fighting Norman; It was like Chinese Water Torture.
But eventually my Double Team spamming Sandslash got the job done!

enterteinor
August 14th, 2009, 07:30 AM
No one is more Annoying than Roxanne D=<

SquirtleGirl
August 18th, 2009, 09:15 AM
The first time around the only leaders that really gave me trouble were Tate and Liza [I had no idea Tate was a boy til I read it on Wikipedia [Random fact for you there :P]]

But the second time around I've sailed through them all. I just took Gym 7 down with Grumpig [Confusion to protect Gyarados] and Gyarados [Surf and Dragon Rage just to finish them off]

The Sceptile King
August 18th, 2009, 10:11 AM
winona was such a pain in my emerald (the 1st gym i struggled with cause' it was my 1st game)
altaria was a pain untill i found out the miracle called hyper potions :)

Pichu_fan
August 18th, 2009, 11:04 AM
WINONA,I was SO underlev. when i when i got to her,and It took a week to get her out the door..

BTW why do you think Tate and Liza are hard?they are a sweap for me,i killed them in one hit:D

bdm
August 18th, 2009, 11:07 AM
I had trouble with Wattson this time because my party consisted of: Grovyle (lv20), Wingull (lv22), and Makuhita (lv22). I went and trained a bit and when my Makuhita was evolved it was cake.

Nuke
August 18th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Winona edges it.

Tate & Liza aren't far behind.

sasuneuchiha
August 18th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Flannery was my biggest problem. I had type advantage and she was difficult...overheat was way overpowerful (unless you threw out weak stuff first) and my Marshtomp kept getting infatuated (stupid attract) along the way, making it really hard. Winona was nothing after all that...

Musician of Literature
August 18th, 2009, 11:19 AM
I haven't played this generation of games in a while, but I remember Winona. She was very hard and a pain in the a--, especially since I love Grass types and she was a Flying type Gym leader. Her Skarmory was the toughest. A Grass against a Flying/Steel type is very weak.

I'll make sure I plan better this time around...

Apostrophe
August 18th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Wattson, although that's probably only because of the Pokemon that I chose. Steel/Electric is the only time the Wingull/Whimsur (and their evolutions) combo has ever failed me. Norman comes a close second, but all I needed for that was an X Defend and I was fine. Neither of those would have been any trouble at all if I had Surf by that point in the game.

I never had any trouble with Winnoa, but that's because her levels were too low. Surf'd the Skarmory, and wiped all the others out with Hyper Beam (Exploud :)).

SquirtleGirl
August 18th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Everyone thinks Winona's hardest pokemon was Altaria... but I hated Skarmory the most!

I just remembered something about defeating Winona actually. When I was battling her Altaria with Gloom, I used Sleep Powder and put it to sleep. She withdrew it and replaced it with Skarmory and she attacked for every move until I had fainted Skarmory [finally]
When she sent Altaria out again it was awake..
Hmm... [It's probably something simple that I've missed out on, but I'm no expert gamer :P]

Xtreme99
August 18th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Brawly easy as that its dark in there and treeko was somehow getting fainted easily but caught a makuhita lol and used it btw also an aron lol i won =)
Treeko lvl 15
Makuhita lvl 12
Aron lvl 13
Lombre or Lotad forgot lvl 16
Poochyena lvl 12
Thats my team after Brawly
Dewford Cave training

Divine~Deoxys
August 18th, 2009, 01:29 PM
woah.my team after brawly last time i beat him was this:
marshtomp lv.20
breloom lv.25 (lol i hyper-trained it to get mach punch, for no apparent reason)

sanny the hedgehog
August 18th, 2009, 01:35 PM
i chose seceret option q.! none of the above!!
none of the gyms were really hard in r/s/e
it was the elite 4 that i had problems with thats all
oh and i didn't have a blastoise!!

No, you fail
August 22nd, 2009, 10:09 AM
tate and liza i remember they took out my strongest pokemon swampert when they both got crits on him with psychic and then from there it was one small hit after another with them cosmic powering away

Velvex the Øverlørd
August 22nd, 2009, 11:26 AM
It was between Wallace and Watson for me, but if you start off with Mudkip, and have it evolve, Watson is super easy, so I went with Wallace.

Pokeyomom
August 22nd, 2009, 12:15 PM
Norman... Stupid Slaking with facade n' stuff:C

kevin19980609
August 22nd, 2009, 12:28 PM
Winona. It was mostly the gym that was annoying

Air Pichu
August 22nd, 2009, 01:06 PM
I couldn't stand Watson and Tate & Liza. At an early point at the game, Watson was pretty hard.

Tate & Liza were a PAIN! Pure pain!

mockingod
August 22nd, 2009, 02:42 PM
Winona she has Altaria and I had sceptile

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
August 22nd, 2009, 06:36 PM
Wallace/Juan because they always spam Double Team on their toughest Pokemon

ShadowDragon~
August 22nd, 2009, 06:47 PM
watson when i used treeko i couldn't touch the magnemites and i had to go out of my way to catch pokemon i'm never gonna use again and let them get experience XD
play with mudkip = gg

Sora267
August 22nd, 2009, 07:18 PM
I was stuck on Tate and Liza for aaaaaaaaaaaaages. And then I stopped playing for a couple of months, came back and just owned them with the same team. I wonder what I was doing wrong before?

Seadiga
August 22nd, 2009, 10:07 PM
Juan. I mean, seriously, you have to make a hard puzzle, and when you fall, have dozzens of those trainers down below waiting to battle you!

Wattson also. Pain in the backside if you haven't evolved your Marshtomp.

Leo7507
August 23rd, 2009, 12:42 AM
Tate and Liza, I had chosen Blaziken before and restarted my game because of those leaders, lol.. I restarted a while ago, got up to them and when I battled them even my Sharpedo fainted, I had to buy heaps of potions to win >_<

Inferno1
August 23rd, 2009, 12:50 AM
Tate and liza just piss me off lol i dont know why maybe it the finishing each other sentances or something or the double battle thing not to sure but they pisses me off

Sweet Smoochum
August 23rd, 2009, 01:05 AM
Let's see, I started off with Torchic.

Roxanne, I hate your big NOSEPASS!
Brawly, I had a tough time with until I figured out Swellow's flying moves were super effective against his fighting Pokemon.
Wattson. I hated his Magnemites and Manectric. So hard to beat him.
Flannery, was pretty easy. Never had difficulty with her.
Norman, never knew what to use. (Didn't know fighting moves were super effective against normal types back then.) Slaking was annoying.
Winona, trouble for me as well. Especially Altaria.
Tate and Liza, had no idea what to beat them with. Hardest time with them.
Wallace, not that bad. I had a Raichu by then.

Tate and Liza were the most annoying IMO.

endopker
August 23rd, 2009, 07:56 AM
LMAO I guess Ill do the same as Lily but only with my top hates
Wattson-would it have killed someone to tell me to get a geodude with magnitude?
Norman-Not that much only the first time was hard....
Winona-know that was hard, barely beat her with swellow...
Tate and Liz-pshycic and ridiculously powerful....

solopy567
August 23rd, 2009, 08:24 AM
Tate and Liza annoyed me to no end.

That's why I usually pick Mudkip as my starter and beat the living hell out of them with Swampert

PrismoStar
August 23rd, 2009, 08:39 AM
Definatley Norman. Both of his Slacking's Yawn attacks were so annoying, I had to buy like ten Awakenings. Beating him took me like, nine tries but it was worth it in the end because my Marshtomp evolved after I beat him :D

I also remember I was getting a haircut when I beat him. I was like 7 years old, okay? XD

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
August 23rd, 2009, 09:14 AM
Winona by far. I could never get past her without a Manectric, which, irritatingly, is a Pokemon that I hate.

Epoxy
August 23rd, 2009, 09:31 AM
Winona was annoying as hell

DialgaDiamond
August 23rd, 2009, 10:04 AM
Tate and Liza. Don't get me wrong, i love double battles, but just having two pokemon?? I mean really.

Tony Montana
August 23rd, 2009, 10:08 AM
For me the hardest leader is Tate and Liza in Emerald. THey are an annoying duo and it takes many tries to beat 'em

I also have trouble with Juan's Kingdra, it spams Double Team (Only I should be allowed to spam Double Team ;P)

Moltres111
August 23rd, 2009, 10:14 AM
Everyone thinks Winona's hardest pokemon was Altaria... but I hated Skarmory the most!

I just remembered something about defeating Winona actually. When I was battling her Altaria with Gloom, I used Sleep Powder and put it to sleep. She withdrew it and replaced it with Skarmory and she attacked for every move until I had fainted Skarmory [finally]
When she sent Altaria out again it was awake..
Hmm... [It's probably something simple that I've missed out on, but I'm no expert gamer :P]

Altaria's ability, "Natural Cure" fixed that sleep for Winona's Altaria.

For me? Norman. He is the only gym leader I've ever had problems with. He's bloody annoying, because his Pokemon are so powerful.

Butter
August 23rd, 2009, 10:31 AM
I have to say Wallace/Juan. That Milotic of his is a nightmare to faint! Everytime you get it even half hurt, it recovers.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
August 24th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Tate and Liza keeped beating the crap out oif my pokemon in Emerald.
It made me taker a hiatus from it for a long while.

When I cam back to it, I was able to beat them.

They're annoying, but i don't hate them. :X

ShinyGiratina
August 24th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Tate and Liza. They were always a problem for me. :(

DarkAbsolX
August 24th, 2009, 09:52 AM
If you raise your pokemon wisely, and if you catch more than one tipe of pokemon you should defeat all these gym leaders easely like me..no one of these last 5 turns against me..xD :P

Phoenix2389
August 24th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Brawly in Emerald, hes just an A-hole

Hamilton
August 24th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Tie Between Tate & Liza and Winona
Winona Took Me About a Week... sad right?
Tate And Liza Made Me Give Up For A Year- Pathetic, right?

morrison
August 24th, 2009, 10:30 AM
When I played saphire for the first time I found Winona quite hard to come by. Not did I take ages to finish the puzzles , but I also had quite some trouble against her Altaria which seemed to be stronger than I knew.

mattman324
August 26th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Chose "Bleh" fertehlulz.

In reality, Tate and Lisa are DEFINATELY hardest, since in Gfaq's "Underleveled playthrough" disscusion, they are THE ONLY ONES that people faint after fighting and winning.

Faux
August 26th, 2009, 04:03 PM
My team was impenetrable to any gym leader....until Tate and Liza.

Their psychic murdered my team many times...took me 5 trys to take them down. Other than that was the last gym leader and his milotic. Since i had blazikan most of the other pokeleaders were a cinch.

sab
August 26th, 2009, 04:51 PM
In ruby I over-trained tons. Meaning that when I got to tate and liza, my pokemon were all level 75. That is the only time I have ever over-trained. The most anoying one was wallace because I was A. young and couldn't figure out the last ice puzzle (i wasn't allowed to surf the net so I couldn't get a video) and B. I have clumsy fingers so even when I have the puzzle figuered out my finger slips and I have to start all over...

Amore
August 27th, 2009, 03:18 AM
Lol. Norman, coz he thinks he's so much better than you.i coulda beat him before i beat Wattson

560cool.
August 27th, 2009, 05:08 AM
TATE LIZA since I tried beating 'em w/ my Blaziken Powerhouse and they loved Psychic too much :\

mervyn797
August 28th, 2009, 01:47 AM
liza and tate. especially when u have blazicane

Tudj
August 28th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Tate and Lisa, as usually I don't get a water pokemon till mosdeep (sharpedo in most cases).

mooneye
August 31st, 2009, 08:03 AM
Probably Norman and his two Slakings, Tate and Liza were annoying until I taught Gardevoir Shadow Ball.

Johto's Best
August 31st, 2009, 08:53 AM
Tate and Liza! The only gym I had to put a whole day aside for training just to have a prayer, but that's what I get for always going with Torchic.

BlackRain
August 31st, 2009, 12:20 PM
wallace i can't ever seem to kill his milotic

Alli
August 31st, 2009, 06:34 PM
Brawly was an arse, especially if you started with Treecko.

Luck
August 31st, 2009, 07:29 PM
Bleh was definitely the winner for this one.

Brawly is at a close second though.
Bulk up>bulk up>potion>bulk up> vital throw>1HKO!
He did that for all 6 of my pokemon.

Arc
August 31st, 2009, 07:37 PM
In Emerald it was Tate and Liza since they had Claydol and Xatu,I was not expecting that! >:[
and in Ruby/Sapphire was Winona since her Altaria destroyed me T.T

Citrinin
August 31st, 2009, 08:49 PM
Tate and Liza, simply due to the fact that I needed to train to beat them. :P

M4CK_M4YN3
September 3rd, 2009, 03:31 PM
norman was a worthy opponent because of his connection to the story line and his well put together team

WolfWrath
September 3rd, 2009, 09:49 PM
Wattson

I swear, he got so many critical hits on me, it was unreal...I also lost to him 34 times to his Manectric 'cause of that reason.

Tate & Liza are runner-ups.

DawsonPhan
September 4th, 2009, 11:14 AM
i have no trouble with beating the in game gyms they are soooooooooo easy but if you disagree i dont care

Jweeson
September 4th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Winona is pretty annoying, but I can deal with her. I think Tate and Liza are the most annoying. It's quite difficult to beat them, especially considering I can never find a good place to train.

PoliStorm
September 5th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Tate and Liza were the hardest cuz of the double team. They both atack my best Pokemon until only the weak survive. Then they take out that one too......

thedestinedblade
September 5th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Wattson always took me awhile. There's really no pokemon with type advantages that early aside from the fire-starter (if you decide to choose it)

Valen
September 6th, 2009, 10:47 AM
norman.. the hardest gym leader i've ever faced it still wasnt that easy with a fighting type

Toshiro.
September 6th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Tate and Liza always gave me a hard time with that double battle >.<

Synaesthesia
September 6th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Definitely has to be Whitney. That Miltank was too much to handle so early.

toothfairy
September 6th, 2009, 12:02 PM
I HATED Norman! Especially when i tried to mudkip solo D: he was just too rape

Bellasaur
September 6th, 2009, 11:23 PM
The first time around the only leaders that really gave me trouble were Tate and Liza [I had no idea Tate was a boy til I read it on Wikipedia [Random fact for you there :P]]

But the second time around I've sailed through them all. I just took Gym 7 down with Grumpig [Confusion to protect Gyarados] and Gyarados [Surf and Dragon Rage just to finish them off]

Tate is a boy? OMGWTFMAN. D:

Winona and her flippin altaria. That thing destroyed my team. Tate and Liza were hard because I always insisted on using blaziken when I was battling them and I didn't have a dark type. Flannery's torkoal was a little hard to beat, too.

DrFuji
September 7th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Flannery.

I have no problems with dispatching her Slugmas - They're essentially there to provide EXP - But her beastly Torkoal always puts the brakes on what would otherwise be a full-blown sweep. Unless I started off with a Mudkip or caught a Marill/Numel/Geodude and trained it up some, there is no way in which I can confidently go up against her.

I believe that Liza and Tate deserve a mention, but only their Emerald recreation. The R/S version of Liza and Tate is nothing in comparrisson.

DestinyBender
September 7th, 2009, 02:50 AM
i think norman.

his 2 slakings are both very hard to destroy. imagine what it would be like with a magikarp :\

also, liza & tate were annoying. but i used keckleon for them. and swampert :D

Pikachukid
September 8th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Tate and Liz were the hardest for me. I got sick of my team so I got rid of the one pokemon that could probably take them both on his own and switched him for wailmer (which was always killed by solarbeam before he could do any real damage)

dash!
September 10th, 2009, 06:26 AM
ughhhhhh Tate and Liza. That stupid earthquake bird/levitate combo never fails to annoy the sh** out of me. >_<

emaj30
July 18th, 2011, 08:25 AM
the 7th gym can be beaten ny an absol...bleh...

Atomic Pirate
July 18th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Winona. Her Pokemon aren't much trouble, but her Altaria is impossible to beat. If I use a Rock type Pokemon to use a Rock type move, she 'Quakes me. This thing has never failed to annoy me. Honorable mention goes to Brawly, who I rarely have anything good against him that early in the game. In my most recent Sapphire playthrough, a Zubat just stalled it out (Fighting move on Zubat = divided by 4 resistance). I really haven't ever had trouble with Tate and Liza though. I usually have a Dark type on hand to beat her.

XJ55
July 21st, 2011, 01:28 PM
Tate and Liza D: In Emerald I had to repeat several times that battle!

DJClass
July 21st, 2011, 02:42 PM
Roxanne because of that damn nosemon. Not to mention Wattson and my extreme dislike of all Ground types, excluding GenV.

Blue
July 23rd, 2011, 03:27 PM
Tate & Liza, the duo of Solrock & Lunatone don't go down well :[

2Cool4Mewtwo
July 23rd, 2011, 04:26 PM
I remember Norman giving me a lot of trouble, though Tate&Liza does deserve a mention for being annoying with their well-worked combos.

Blue
July 23rd, 2011, 05:37 PM
They go well together, but when you're getting owned it aint too good D;

moonlightning
July 23rd, 2011, 07:43 PM
Hmm Winona annoyed me because of her haxy dragon dance boosts with Altaria. Especially when it has earthquake. I found tate and lisa annoying in R/S because they were easily beaten by fishing up two wailmer and spamming surf. Flannery was a little annoying because of attract. The gym leaders were done well in R/S/E I don't have many problems with them in terms of difficulty expect stupid Tate and Liza.

psyanic
July 26th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Sadly, Wattson. I always chose Mudkip as a starter and was sonicboom-ed by Magneton the whole time, it took me quite a while to realize that Magneton didn't have levitate. TT_TT

iRossy
July 26th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Wattson was sometimes an issue. Tate & Liza were a pain in the ass. And sometimes Flannery was too. Overall I'd say Tate & Liza were the hardest.

Alli
July 26th, 2011, 07:16 PM
This thread is from 2009. It's 2011. Please do not revive old threads. Thanks!

Locked.