PDA

View Full Version : Skateboarding, anyone?

-DarK-
August 9th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Any skateboarders around here, or am I the only one left? :D
Anyway, for whoever does skate... mind telling how long you've been skateboarding, what your favorite tricks are, etc etc, you know the drill :)

Cheers

chevelleROCKER
August 9th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Yeah man, I skateboard xD I just learned in about March, or april of this year xD I have a friend who teaches me a lot of stuff, but so far I can only do an ollie (as far as tricks go). I haven't really skated at all much this summer though... There used to be 2 different skateparks in my town, but they both got tore down a few years ago... Now the closest skatepark is about an hour away.

I'm street/goofy, what are you? ^

ReyRey-Pyon
August 9th, 2009, 12:19 PM
I used to have a skateboard <u>
i never rode it because i discovered i was accident prone and klutzy <,n>

I COULD DIEEEE /overreacting

chevelleROCKER
August 9th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Haha, falling down is half the fun =D Aahh, the scars of my first vert ramp... Good times, good times.

Chronø
August 9th, 2009, 12:31 PM
XD I don't think I"ll ever would skateboard but, my older bro had one and Id play around with it and ride it sometime XD and we had some small ramp in the front yard

ReyRey-Pyon
August 9th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Haha, falling down is half the fun =D Aahh, the scars of my first vert ramp... Good times, good times.

not if you do it every single day it isn't
and knowing me, i'd end up falling in some sort of really ridiculous way D8

or maybe im just paranoid :D

.Seth
August 9th, 2009, 12:43 PM
No I don't skateboard. I should learn though, it looks like fun. :D

Rokusasu
August 9th, 2009, 02:06 PM
I can only skateboard in video games, due to the fact that I'm very accident prone and therefore avoid such means of transport. :(

IceSage
August 9th, 2009, 03:09 PM
What's this... Skateboarding, you speak of?

It seems to remind me of something of that sort. Something people did in the early 90's... with boards on wheels.

chevelleROCKER
August 9th, 2009, 04:02 PM
^Yup, but now it's better =P

not if you do it every single day it isn't
and knowing me, i'd end up falling in some sort of really ridiculous way D8

or maybe im just paranoid :D

Yeah, that's sorta how I was, but practice makes perfect :P And once you get it, most likely, you'll never "lose it".... Unless you don't skate for like a year, then you might, haha.

IceSage
August 9th, 2009, 06:04 PM
^Yup, but now it's better =P

Skateboarding is only cool when you say words like "bodacious" and "excellent." -- And you occasionally say words like, "Woah!"

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 9th, 2009, 06:06 PM
I use to skateboard, but it got too common where I lived so stopped (I'll rather not talk about it). But I'm a Snowboarder instead of skateboarding

:t354:TG

bit.trip void
August 9th, 2009, 06:10 PM
I like to skatr, quite fun.

Uh, about a year, no particular faves.

IceSage
August 9th, 2009, 06:24 PM
I use to skateboard, but it got too common where I lived so stopped (I'll rather not talk about it). But I'm a Snowboarder instead of skateboarding

:t354:TG

Snowboarding. Now that's cool!

Kyle Black
August 9th, 2009, 06:46 PM
i do used to skateboard, but i have quit skateboarding 7 months ago,
while i was learning a new trick i broke my right knee,
but there are 3 skateboard parks near my house 2 of them are small
and one is big, it takes me 14 minutes to goto the small skateboard parks
and it takes me 23 minutes to goto the big one, the big one is little far from
my house. i have been skateboarding from 3 years now, but like i said, i
quit skateboarding 7 months ago. i used to know alot of tricks. kick flip,
heel flip, caveman and so on..

-DarK-
August 10th, 2009, 02:15 AM
Yeah man, I skateboard xD I just learned in about March, or april of this year xD I have a friend who teaches me a lot of stuff, but so far I can only do an ollie (as far as tricks go). I haven't really skated at all much this summer though... There used to be 2 different skateparks in my town, but they both got tore down a few years ago... Now the closest skatepark is about an hour away.

I'm street/goofy, what are you? ^

I'm street/regular, though some mini-vert sessions can be quitte fun too :D Closest skatepark here is about 10 - 15 mins away. My faves (and currently best ones as well) are Hardflip, Fakie Hardflip and Impossible :D I've been skating since... Uh, I think january 2008... Makes 1 year and about 8 months :P Skating this summer is a pain in the butt though, cause the weather here can get so hot that you're tired in no time, even when doing easy stuff. :/

Cheesymitten
August 10th, 2009, 02:34 AM
Hah,
This thread brings back good memories.
I did do it once before...When i was 10, and me and my friend did it until we realised we was rubbish, we figured if we couldn't do an Ollie then we couldn't skateboard, yeah we could happily ride around on it but then we couldn't do any "tricks". We also used to make movies with skateboards (God that was embarassing) where we used to try to do "tricks".
I'd like to maybe try again seeing as i have developed some wait but my skateboard is left in the garage untouched with dust and spider webs on it.

♣Gawain♣
August 10th, 2009, 02:57 AM
Last time I skateboard is when I practiced my 360 on a ramp, but I tripped and injured myself. O.O

Since then, I quit skateboarding in real life. I skateboard on my DS. lol

-DarK-
August 10th, 2009, 03:26 AM
Last time I skateboard is when I practiced my 360 on a ramp, but I tripped and injured myself. O.O

Since then, I quit skateboarding in real life. I skateboard on my DS. lol

360... Pretty hard trick :/ Tried it alot but can't get over 270 :(

Hah,
This thread brings back good memories.
I did do it once before...When i was 10, and me and my friend did it until we realised we was rubbish, we figured if we couldn't do an Ollie then we couldn't skateboard, yeah we could happily ride around on it but then we couldn't do any "tricks". We also used to make movies with skateboards (God that was embarassing) where we used to try to do "tricks".
I'd like to maybe try again seeing as i have developed some wait but my skateboard is left in the garage untouched with dust and spider webs on it.

Well, it's never too late to start :P I started pretty late myself (I was mid 15), but that doesn't matter that much. Starting early does give you the advantage of having more time to learn new tricks 'n such, more chances of getting sponsered, etc. But it's not that important. Look at me :P

Anxiety.
August 10th, 2009, 03:33 AM
I used too. I don't any more.
I was never great at it though :/
If my skateboard wasn't wrecked, I would start again.

-DarK-
August 10th, 2009, 03:37 AM
I used too. I don't any more.
I was never great at it though :/
If my skateboard wasn't wrecked, I would start again.

You can always buy a new one though... A full-set here costs approx. 180€ (depening on what you buy, how much it costs, etc). In usa that will probably be around 150$.

♣Gawain♣
August 10th, 2009, 03:39 AM
360... Pretty hard trick :/ Tried it alot but can't get over 270 :(

I almost mastered it, took me 4 months of trying. :)

-DarK-
August 10th, 2009, 03:42 AM
I almost mastered it, took me 4 months of trying. :)

Oh well, it is worth the time though. :P For me, it took around 6 months to master Hardflip, and the results are... Great :D Impossible however, took me less than an hour to get down too o_O :D

chevelleROCKER
August 10th, 2009, 10:28 AM
I'm street/regular, though some mini-vert sessions can be quitte fun too :D Closest skatepark here is about 10 - 15 mins away. My faves (and currently best ones as well) are Hardflip, Fakie Hardflip and Impossible :D I've been skating since... Uh, I think january 2008... Makes 1 year and about 8 months :P Skating this summer is a pain in the butt though, cause the weather here can get so hot that you're tired in no time, even when doing easy stuff. :/

It seems everyone I know who skates is street/regular.

Speaking of skatepark (well.. I guess no one was, but still) I always found it weird that most of the people at the skatepark are really nice.

-DarK-
August 11th, 2009, 12:49 AM
It seems everyone I know who skates is street/regular.

Speaking of skatepark (well.. I guess no one was, but still) I always found it weird that most of the people at the skatepark are really nice.

Well, that's simply the nature of pretty much all skaters. We help each other out without actually thinking about it.

Ausaudriel
August 11th, 2009, 01:47 AM
Booting this thread over into OVP~

-DarK-, take a look at the sticky thread here in Other Voting Polls, it'll help you decide where to put this kind of thing in the future. :3

-DarK-
August 11th, 2009, 01:58 AM
Booting this thread over into OVP~

-DarK-, take a look at the sticky thread here in Other Voting Polls, it'll help you decide where to put this kind of thing in the future. :3

Aye, thanks. Still pretty confusing though...

Gary, the Magic Fairy
August 11th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Nope. I can barely walk without tripping. I would be dead within a week.

Besides, there really isn't any place around here to do it.

mew²
August 11th, 2009, 10:53 AM
I skate. I've skated a good 3 years, on and off really. Some info...

I skate mongo/goofy
I can do a Pop Shov-it
I can do a Kickflip
I can Heelflip
I can get in and out of a Primo
I can Manual (who can't :D)
I can Nose Manual
I can One Wheel Manual
I can One Wheel Nose Manual
I can boardslide
I can 5 0
I can 50 - 50
And a lot more

I consider myself good.

-DarK-
August 11th, 2009, 11:37 AM
I skate. I've skated a good 3 years, on and off really. Some info...

I skate mongo/goofy
I can do a Pop Shov-it
I can do a Kickflip
I can Heelflip
I can get in and out of a Primo
I can Manual (who can't :D)
I can Nose Manual
I can One Wheel Manual
I can One Wheel Nose Manual
I can boardslide
I can 5 0
I can 50 - 50
And a lot more

I consider myself good.

That's pretty good. I don't like manuals that much tho :P
Seeing you post some stuff, I guess I wanna do so too...

Here goes..

I can do:
Kickflip
Heelflip
Hardflip
360-flip (though I seem to have lost it a few days ago, but I'll get it back eventually)
Impossible (Yar!! :D)
Fakie Hardflip
Boardslide
50-50
5-0
Ollie Late Frontside Shuvit
Backside 180 Heelflip
Fakie Frontside Bigspin
And a whole lot more, but the ones I listed are my best ones.

Randall Raichu
August 11th, 2009, 12:12 PM
I haven't been able to skate much as of late, but I enjoy skating quite a bit.

I'm more of a manual kinda guy. I'm best at manualing because I have sick balance.

My favorite trick is probably the handstand. It's hard to do, I've busted my head a few times, but it's flashy and fun.

My favorite skater is a tie between Rodney Mullen/Chad Muska.

-DarK-
August 14th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Hehe... Almost landed 360 Hardflip and Double Hardflip today :D

chevelleROCKER
August 14th, 2009, 11:56 AM
^Nice, man.... I still haven't skated in quite some time xP But I'm positive that I can still land an Ollie.

Ru
August 14th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Me + Skateboard would definitely = Hospital. So no. I don't skate at all despite the fact that I have actually never been to the hospital. I think it's really because I'm a coward to such things -shrugs-

chevelleROCKER
August 14th, 2009, 12:03 PM
^I thought that too, when I first started. But I started to practice more and it became less... "scary" I guess you could say... Idk

Ru
August 14th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Well. If I ever did try skating, I certainly wouldn't be able to do any tricks. I'm a slow learned to those things. I would do simple skating down a street (or rather down the long driveway I have, since the street isn't skateable.)

chevelleROCKER
August 14th, 2009, 12:20 PM
^Well I'd be just happy to do that aswell... But my driveway is all rock =[ My road is very long and has a lot of hills, so I don't exactly know how fun it would be.

Venusaur♣
August 14th, 2009, 01:25 PM
I used to but now it seems like people in my hood don't skate anymore lol xD

.little monster
August 14th, 2009, 08:14 PM
In my opinion, I'd rather roller blade than skateboard..maybe that's because I like my face intact..so I don't.

Citrinin
August 14th, 2009, 08:16 PM
I once tried to skateboard.

I failed miserably. XD;

jaimelectric
August 14th, 2009, 10:02 PM
I skate sometimes. I've been doing it off and on for about seven years, so I'm pretty good. I've got a couple of different boards and a huge kit of parts for hybriding, but I usually stick with 'Klondike'. Klondike is my Baker, and has my favorite trucks on her. (:

We have one of the best skate parks here, too.
Skatepark of Tampa ftw.

chevelleROCKER
August 15th, 2009, 09:51 AM
^Powell ftw! =P

Ur lucky to have at least ONE skatepark around you. I have nuttin.