PDA

View Full Version : Knock, Knock! Can I come in?

Vigilante
August 9th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Those door to door salespeople,what's your experience? I ask because we had one clean our futon recently. We didn't have to buy anything because he got paid for just cleaning something. The job seems nice, you get to travel places, and from what he was saying he makes big bucks. Also, the guy has a high level of trust with his boss, he called him and told him not to come and that he was cleaning a futon. The boss didn't come even though he was supposed to make sure they were actually doing it. The guy was nice, really nice.

Rokusasu
August 9th, 2009, 04:44 PM
We just make excuses for the ones who come to our door. They're usually selling things that we don't need or want, but will stand there for ages trying to convince us that we really must have this set of text books or double glazing before someone shuts the door on them. XD

Sakura Rain
August 9th, 2009, 04:58 PM
We haven't had one of those in a long time. Maybe cause I live in the middle of nowhere? Anyway, the last one we had took about twenty minutes to get rid of 'cause he was bein' a prick and trying to sell us some random thing. I don't even remember what it was. D:

Vigilante
August 9th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Our guy was cool, he didn't even try to sell us his stupid vacuum, he even said that it was a horrible thing and that he'd never buy one.[/color]

.Seth
August 9th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I never get those, but if I did, I'd say "GTFO MY YARD! /me grabs the hose. >:O"
Ahh, it would be so much fun. :D

Halcyon
August 9th, 2009, 05:53 PM
It is not often though, but most of them are ice-cream sellers. o_o
I would reject them though, the ice-cream they sell are too expensive! D:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 9th, 2009, 05:56 PM
I've always wanted one of those sale people to knock on my door so I can yell at them :laugh:

:t354:TG

Timbjerr
August 9th, 2009, 06:13 PM
I recently was one of those door-to-door salesmen. The job had crappy hours and I didn't get paid unless I made a sale every day. >_>

Oh, and I'm an antisocial nerd with no people skills. XD

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
August 9th, 2009, 06:20 PM
We bought fish from one of them once :D

Another time, one tried to sell us a television the day after our neighbour's got stolen XD

ShinjisLover
August 9th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Do flirty boy scouts count as door-to-door salesmen?

Alexithymia~
August 10th, 2009, 01:16 AM
It's better to be rude with door to door salesmen.
*opens door*
'Well, hello there miss, what do you think about this here item, right here, would you bu--'
No. *slams door*

It's the best way~

Wings Don't Cry
August 10th, 2009, 02:08 AM
I haven't had these in a while, in my new neighborhood if you go around carrying text books you ain't gonna be alive for long. They always try to sell random stuff, do you think a 15 year old boy wants a complete set of encyclopedias. Not to mention they're like $50 a volume, I'd rather spend my money on manga.

xxemeneminyxx
August 10th, 2009, 03:20 AM
We never really get them here, usually people who come knocking at doors are usually born-again-christians or jehovah's witness people, or politicians coming up to an election and maybe the odd avon catalogue person and maybe someone asking to mow your lawn. I wouldn't really answer the door to any of them except the politicians.

Graceful
August 10th, 2009, 03:48 AM
Most of them.......
People: Hello,Will you please join our religion?
Me:What is it?
People: Christianity
Me: Nah. I'm not Religious...
People: Please! God Needs us!
Me: I have Video Games To Play....SEPHIROTH WILL RULE YOU ALL!!! -Slams the door-

.little monster
August 10th, 2009, 04:49 AM
I usually just ignore them, unless I don't check before I open the door in which case I pretend to be deaf. Which is pretty funny because they believe me and I am obviously not deaf because I heard the door. :P

Cheesymitten
August 10th, 2009, 07:29 AM
We don't get much door to door people.
We get Bible Bashers a lot though... We got a gang of Jahova (however it's spelt) Witness' round (very scary people)
To which my parents just look at them, until they shut up.
I never answer the door. Sorrt to dissapoint you stalkers out there :(

Rokusasu
August 10th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Ironically, we had one of those call today, asking us if we'd had any accidents in the past two years and whether we wanted life insurance. I was all: I'm only nineteen. ;-;

Zorua
August 11th, 2009, 08:18 PM
It was very rare that these kinds of people actually visited my house(in fact, I haven't seen one in years, actually).

Whenever they do come, I'm usually the person that comes up and expresses disinterest in whatever they have to offer, and they go away as soon as that happens.

Jack O'Neill
August 11th, 2009, 08:32 PM
These days, I almost never encounter door-to-door salespeople. On the rare occasions that I do, I simply don't answer the door.

bit.trip void
August 11th, 2009, 08:38 PM
It's better to be rude with door to door salesmen.
*opens door*
'Well, hello there miss, what do you think about this here item, right here, would you bu--'
No. *slams door*

It's the best way~

Never do that with those ringing people

" Well hello, is mum or dad home?"
"I'm 19, I can talk, whaddaya want?"
" Uh, okay, can I sell yo-"
" No you [bleeeeeeeeep] can't. "

2AM the next morning:

" Hello there, would you like to bu"
"..."

*Hangs up*

True story, rofl.

No, I dislike them. a lot

Caelus
August 12th, 2009, 04:09 AM
Rarely does anyone ever bother coming here, but lately there's been someone that my parents let clean the home.

Usually when I do meet one I just either ignore them or tell them I'm not interested.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
August 12th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Only the occasional Jehovah's Witnesses that happen to stop by whenever the gate is broken and has to be left open.

We basically just tell them to leave, or don't open the door at all. We live about a mile out of town and another mile down a dirt road, and then we have an electric gate that you need to punch in numbers to get in, so... yeah, we don't get many unexpected visitors.

Ayselipera
August 12th, 2009, 10:17 AM
We usually just don't open the door.
I mean were not going to buy what hes selling anyways.

charizard_maa
August 12th, 2009, 04:24 PM
I never seen one come by our house. Maybe one came when I was younger but I must have forgotten. It been a very long time if so. Still I would try to derail them. It sounds like fun.

Jolene
August 12th, 2009, 04:40 PM
We don't get salespeople out in the middle of nowhere.

Venusaur♣
August 14th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Once I was in a bad mood and he came so I shut the door on his face xD. I felt bad though Dx

Soul Eater
August 14th, 2009, 10:43 PM
lol. My mom hates them. XD She like... curses at them and slams the door. Seriously. She gets pissed when they leave things on her door and trashes them... yeah. XD

I never answer the door because well... I'm not good with strangers. :x

s0nido
August 15th, 2009, 03:33 AM
We make an excuse for them to go away. There's no reason to chat with them, since they don't offer anything useful anyway. :/

The Corrupt Plague
August 15th, 2009, 02:38 PM
I live out in the sticks, so no one ever comes here.