PDA

View Full Version : Directions

Snivi
August 10th, 2009, 09:39 PM
When you ask someone for directions, can you remember everything they tell you?

I know I can't! I usually ask my sister for directions and she will start and after so many - I am so lost at what she is even saying anymore lol. She usually gives up on me and gives me something that is much simpler and says call me back when you get to this intersection. lol

And a little comedy on the subject lol
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wLhVolgFLX0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wLhVolgFLX0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

ShinjisLover
August 10th, 2009, 09:45 PM
It depends. . Do they name a lot of streets and whatnot? If so, hell no. . XD If they just tell me left, right, et cetera, then I have no issues.

Zorua
August 10th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Even though I never did(or probably can't remember when), with my horrible memory, I most likely will not remember for long. :(

Anxiety.
August 11th, 2009, 02:38 AM
Nope. I have a very bad memory, so I never remember the directions.

Alexithymia~
August 11th, 2009, 02:53 AM
.. I asked somewhere where a shop was once.
and seriously, it took me half an hour to get to it, while following THEIR directions.

Though I didn't exactly hear what they were saying, so I was just following an edited script of what I thought they said. I forgot most of it anyway.

Hiidoran
August 11th, 2009, 02:56 AM
I'm terrible at remembering directions. ._.

I usually have to look things up on Google Maps or Yahoo Maps and print out step-by-step directions before I'm able to get anywhere. Verbal directions will be out of my empty shell of a head within minutes. >:

Guillermo
August 11th, 2009, 03:22 AM
I've.. never asked for directions so I wouldn't know.

>Feelings<
August 11th, 2009, 04:24 AM
Well, I've never had to ask for directions chained with one another, and the ones I ever needed to ask were short.
So yeah, I remember them until I get to that place. It's better to ask a few people on the way rather than just one.

Cheesymitten
August 11th, 2009, 04:28 AM
Under pressure i will always remember the directions they give me.
If i'm not I end up in completly the wrong place...
So i've got to be under pressure-maybe i have a very small brain.

.little monster
August 11th, 2009, 04:36 AM
I am good at directions if I have been in there before, if not I guess I am just average at them. I am good at finding streets. I usually just find my way in a place I have been before by looking at the houses and other buildings.

Rokusasu
August 11th, 2009, 05:42 AM
I'm very good with directions, but only if I know the place I'm in. o:

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
August 11th, 2009, 06:00 AM
Depends. If they give me distances and turnings, I'm hopeless. If they give a location in reference to landmarks, I'm fine.

Aurafire
August 11th, 2009, 06:33 AM
It depends on the amount of directions :O

But usually, I can remember most of it.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 11th, 2009, 09:14 AM
If its more then 5 directions I'm going to forget it.........lol

:t354:TG

Gary, the Magic Fairy
August 11th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Nope. Hell, I can't find things in my own house most of the time.

Wings Don't Cry
August 11th, 2009, 12:12 PM
I've only asked for directions once and that was to my friend's house. He told me to go to the house on the left and there were 3 houses on the left and they only had his mailbox at in front of the driveway along with 8 other houses so I had to knock on each house until I found his.

After that I just couldn't be bothered asking for directions.

Timbjerr
August 11th, 2009, 12:27 PM
I have an amazingly sharp memory, so usually yes, especially if I have a half-competent copilot with me. XD

Yamikarasu
August 11th, 2009, 12:31 PM
I usually have to ask again, even if I'm pretty sure I know what they are. I'd rather look annoying than stupid. :P

Camisado
August 11th, 2009, 12:38 PM
I have no real sense of direction but am very good with maps. I've never asked for directions before because I know if I ask, I'll forget.

This whole thing is the reason I bought a Tom Tom as soon as I passed my driving test. xD;

Citrinin
August 11th, 2009, 09:38 PM
If they're directional instructions, then I can remember them quite well. However, if they use a lot of names, unless I write them down, I tend to forget them. XD;;

Cherrim
August 12th, 2009, 06:05 AM
I am horrible with directions. I need them written down for me (though I'll do just as well with a basic map). I think my issue is that when someone gives me directions, even simple ones with only a few steps, I get so paranoid about not understanding them and getting lost that I end up jumbling them up in my head. So if someone startes rattling off directions I always tell them to wait until I have a pen and paper.

On that note I'm equally horrible at giving directions unless I'm actually there pointing out where to go. XD;

xxemeneminyxx
August 12th, 2009, 01:28 PM
I am a disgrace when it comes to directions. Seriously I am pathetic lol. xD

PlatinumSkye
August 12th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Easily if it's highway directions. Anything else I would have to process for a little bit.

Sora
August 12th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Pffft. Only if it's like... simple directions. XD; Otherwise, I fail at it. -has the directional sense as her mom. hopes her driving won't be the same-

Naruto Uzumaki
August 14th, 2009, 07:10 AM
I can't I forgot things quickly lol >.<

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 14th, 2009, 09:37 AM
I don't get lost easily because I pick up on visual clues. But then, my memory isn't that good either.

Graceful
August 14th, 2009, 09:54 AM
If it's something like going to school I can do that. I can't understand and remember complicated directions though.....