PDA

View Full Version : Why Are...

Ash~The Purifying Prince~
August 11th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Heartbreaks so difficult to deal with? have you ever found yourself in a situation of having your heart broken and found it hard to deal with the emotions that come with it? But the real question is what makes a heartbreak hard? actually receiving the heartbreak or letting her go and moving on?. Personally for me; its the second one...I'm actually stuck in a situation like that myself at the moment.

I know I'm not the only one that has been put in a spot like this; I'm really not sure if this subject even belongs in "Other Chat" if not then it can be moved so its alright. But I thought I would share my thoughts with others anyway.

.little monster
August 11th, 2009, 08:36 PM
No, I have not.

What else to say..?

August 11th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Well it is good to see that you haven't. Its no fun at times thats for sure. xD

Lie Ren
August 11th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Oh, interesting..

Well, any sort of pain, mental or physical is never any fun to deal with. 'What makes a heartbreak hard?' actually seems like a trick question, because it answers itself in a way. It's the heartbreak itself that makes it difficult to deal with, because often times that's the worst sort of pain there is. Physical pain, like spraining a wrist, or getting a cut sure heals a lot faster. :/

I'd also say that letting someone go, goes hand-in-hand with heartbreak a lot of the time. Because that can be part of what triggers it, right? It can be hard to deal with it, but I think of it like.. if you can move on, and find someone else, it'll heal. Not to mention that sometimes, you don't have a choice. A lot of people think "Oh, I'll never find anyone else. ; ; " Which.. isn't true at all. >-> There's always someone out there.

..Now pardon me while I go kill my sudden serious mood, and stalk some pokeymanz threads. xD;

Esper
August 11th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Heartbreak is like death - sudden. Even if you know it's going to happen the moment it hits is still hard. You have to adjust a lot of things in your life: how you act around and speak to the person, how you talk about them to other people, and every place you go and thing you do that you associate with that person is going to remind you of them.

Finding someone else isn't always going to make it the pain go away, although it might help you focus on someone else until you can work through it. But that gives you another problem because no one likes being someone's rebound.

Wings Don't Cry
August 11th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Speaking of which, today a girl at my school, I don't know if she just got dumped but she was with a guy and he was trying to comfort her and she was crying and screaming really loud. Everyone was looking at her weird and she was a senior so that's like all the junior respect lost(not really) but it looked really painful.

August 11th, 2009, 10:39 PM
You know; you guys are right, I mean I don't believe that I won't ever be able to find someone else, its just at this moment I'm finding it really difficult to let go. I accepted and understood the reason for why she did it; distance between us just grew to be too much. It hurt her terribly knowing that she had to hurt me, since we both do love each other a lot. But I guess...sometimes no matter how much you love someone and they love you in return, its not always going to workout in the way you wished it to do so. I'm in the stage where I don't ever want to fall out of love with her and fall in love with someone else. Cause she is an amazing and brilliant person; But I know I shouldn't linger and keep holding on forever when there is a chance that things aren't ever going to be how they were for us to begin with.

I know in time that the both of us will be alright; its just hard to accept what is and what can't be, even if you very much wish it could be.

Judging by what you said rikudaman; it was more than likely she suffered a break up and perhaps a bad one at that. and believe me when I say a broken heart is a terrible thing to go through; it can make things difficult but don't ever let seeing people go through bad experiences with a break-up stop you from experiencing love one day.

22sa
August 12th, 2009, 09:42 AM
This is just a theory, but...

Because of the potential of true happiness a relationship can bring, its breakdown raises too many questions directly related to your heart at once and that's what keeps you down. The smarter you are the more those questions about the failure to have this true happiness can bite you.

You're going to have a hard time. I really don't have a solution how to not suffer [unless you're a sort of idiot whom to those questions never came up].

Rokusasu
August 12th, 2009, 11:42 AM
When I broke up with my ex, I was actually happy despite him being the (first) love of my life. We hadn't seen eachother for a while before, so it was on the cards, but the time between the last time we spoke to oneanother and when I finally realised we needed to break up was agonising. It basically felt like my life had ended, and it hurt so much whenever I thought about him, or what he was doing. But a few months on, I feel a lot better now. So whilst it feels like the most terrible thing in the world, it does get better. :3

Anxiety.
August 12th, 2009, 02:43 PM
I don't get heartbreaks. I'm a comitaphobe ;D

I don't like being in relationships, 'cause even when I have a crush on someone, I know I'm too shy in relationships to do anything anyway. I don't like being that close to people. Friends with benifits is much better in my opinion 8D

Hassamu
August 12th, 2009, 05:13 PM
I don't get heartbreaks. I'm a comitaphobe ;D

I don't like being in relationships, 'cause even when I have a crush on someone, I know I'm too shy in relationships to do anything anyway. I don't like being that close to people. Friends with benifits is much better in my opinion 8D

I'm somewhat the same..

Though one time I did make the effort to try and get with a girl only to find out she had a boyfriend..

That really sucked..

Guy
August 12th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Like most things, love and all that goes with it is really a temperary state. It can be with you at one moment, but the slightest change of things can alter your feeling of something or someone. So, when dealing with love issues and such things as a heartbroken cause, then yes it does hurt and most of the time it will hurt. However, that isn't to say something new will come along for you and maybe it'll be for the right reasons your last heartbreak happened. So, even though it is a hard crisis in life to deal with, it is just another obstacle, but you must not forget that things happen for a cause and what may happen next may be even better.

To tell you the truth I have been heartbroken before, and it did hurt. Though, when you really think about it, like I did, things like this happen to everyone but you've got to be strong and move on. However, it could take some time to do so, you can still do it if you at least try.

The Scientist
August 12th, 2009, 08:43 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y270/TristinCrow/Forum/Bill_Nye_Expert.jpg

"Love" causes steadily decreasing [but always elevated] levels of serotonin and oxytocin to be released into the cerebrospinal fluid. When the source of the "love" disappears, the no-longer-necessary neurotransmitters are released into the bloodstream where they wreak havoc on the body, specifically by causing inflammation to whatever tissues they touch.

Napalm
August 13th, 2009, 02:02 AM
Only too much, my life is based on rejection and emotional breakdowns, okay, maybe not that serious. But I can never, and will be able to take heartbreaks the easy way. It's just who I am, no one can change that.

Owl
August 13th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Its hard letting someone you love go. I remember crying (I never cried in 6 years but that made me cry T-T) after my GF of 1 year dumped me and said she never loved me (Even though she said she loved me a million times -_-").
The hardest part is hearing he/she say that we are through.

twocows
August 13th, 2009, 09:19 AM
My ex broke up with me the day after Christmas last year. Good times. I still kind of miss her, but it didn't really hurt after the first day or so.

"Love" causes steadily decreasing [but always elevated] levels of serotonin and oxytocin to be released into the cerebrospinal fluid. When the source of the "love" disappears, the no-longer-necessary neurotransmitters are released into the bloodstream where they wreak havoc on the body, specifically by causing inflammation to whatever tissues they touch.

I lol'd.

Eevee4Ever54
August 13th, 2009, 11:03 AM
I think I have... it was difficult, I had to hold my feelings in and I did a pretty good job at it, but I couldn't vent my feelings to anyone because no one could help me.

Idiot!
August 13th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Recieving the heartbreak hurts me more than letting it go, but I've never received a heartbreak involving humans.

poopnoodle
August 13th, 2009, 11:09 PM
I've faced circumstances where I could have let my heart be broken, but I move on quickly. I've got people to do and things to see.

Can't say I'm innocent in causing heartbreak, though.

XxDawnfanxX
August 13th, 2009, 11:09 PM
It's been very difficult for me since me and my girlfriend broke up about two years ago, I could just feel the connection between us and I know she was the one. We didn't break up under natural causes, her dad actually made us and because of the distance since she moved, he won that. I found it very difficult to move on and when I thought I found someone else, they blew me off so it was very hard as this was recent. It is just hard getting so close to someone then having to let them go because you don't want to. But we all have to go through it at some point, gives us something to learn from as life moves on.

Crimson Stardust
August 14th, 2009, 03:43 AM
I just broke up with my girlfren days ago and it really leaves me into a time of despair...:(

Co500
August 14th, 2009, 05:19 AM
I broke up with my girlfriend about 3 weeks ago now a month? it wasnt bad were still good friends we just didnt feel the same way any more so we just decided to stay friends as its better that way, even though there is this other girl i kinda like now :P

cerulean15
August 14th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Heartbreak can just be a simple hard thing to explain. Some it may feel like death...to others they just may not feel it at all. I for one have felt it once in my life and I have to say it wasn't like death...I just went into a depressed state for about a week but got over it. Plus if the two still care about each other, like my friend did, you can still end up being friends. Mine was only bad cause he ended up liking my best friend when I had just deliberately told her that week I liked the dude and she said she didn't...4 weeks later after he tells me and she learns, what happens? Heart in her eyes and I lose her trust..so I kind had a two for one deal..lose a guy and lost a friend...but thank you that irony happened and the two didn't work out so well. Of course me and her have grown apart, but the guy and I have grown closer. We're like best friends now with him always protecting me and junk but we could never be together, it'd just be too weird....but anyway back on the subject.

I have to say letting her go will have to take sometime. There will be days that she will end up coming back to mind, thinking about her, wondering what's she doing, what's she's wearing, how she feels, but there's nothing you can do about it at all. You'll just have to push on, throwing away the negativity and bringing out the positivity. There are many more Feebas in the sea and there's one pretty one out there that shall become your Milotic (Just don't get those Magikarp in disguised, they bad, they'll become Gyrados when you leave them! xD). Give it time and I'm sure that special, perfect, someone will finally appear in your life.

August 14th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Heartbreak can just be a simple hard thing to explain. Some it may feel like death...to others they just may not feel it at all. I for one have felt it once in my life and I have to say it wasn't like death...I just went into a depressed state for about a week but got over it. Plus if the two still care about each other, like my friend did, you can still end up being friends. Mine was only bad cause he ended up liking my best friend when I had just deliberately told her that week I liked the dude and she said she didn't...4 weeks later after he tells me and she learns, what happens? Heart in her eyes and I lose her trust..so I kind had a two for one deal..lose a guy and lost a friend...but thank you that irony happened and the two didn't work out so well. Of course me and her have grown apart, but the guy and I have grown closer. We're like best friends now with him always protecting me and junk but we could never be together, it'd just be too weird....but anyway back on the subject.

I have to say letting her go will have to take sometime. There will be days that she will end up coming back to mind, thinking about her, wondering what's she doing, what's she's wearing, how she feels, but there's nothing you can do about it at all. You'll just have to push on, throwing away the negativity and bringing out the positivity. There are many more Feebas in the sea and there's one pretty one out there that shall become your Milotic (Just don't get those Magikarp in disguised, they bad, they'll become Gyrados when you leave them! xD). Give it time and I'm sure that special, perfect, someone will finally appear in your life.

Aww I'm sorry things didn't work out the way you may have wanted them too then; but I guess as the saying goes, when it comes to matters of the heart, there is no garantees. Its ashame you and the girl you were friends with drifted apart, but it also wasn't a very nice thing she did either. Saying that she didn't like him and then later on she apparently did. But I'm glad you're still friends with the guy; I'm hoping I'll still be able to be friends with the girl I just broke up with; I mean shes absolutely brilliant and I hate how things turned out, but I guess even though we still love each other, distance makes it really hard to stay together. If I could change things and live closer then I'd do it in a heart beat but, theres nothing I can do I'm just going to have to accept whats happened and get on with my life. She still loves me and somehow I don't think she'd want my tears to fall for her forever after all.

Its just still a little frustrating for me at the moment; I haven't been able to get much donw on my next fanfic chapter because its hard to concentrate and the Role Play thread I want to get up so much is taking me forever. I don't blame her for breaking it off with me; really we didn't have much choice but letting her go is proving to be VERY difficult. We were extremely close, and I know its just as hard for her as it is for me. And I know i'm not the only one thats been in a situation like this, so really I'm not alone. Lol Feebas, Milotic and Magicarp huh? have no idea why but that made me laugh. But you're right, I need to keep pushing on and keep with the positive side. Otherwise I won't be able to move through life how I wish too, there is a Milotic out there for everyone somewhere. Its just a matter of finding her/him and more than likely they'll show up when you least expect it.

To everyone who shared their experiences; I thank you all for doing so, its nice to know we can all pass advice and comfort each other in someway. So no matter what happens everyone, keep moving forward and never EVER give up! ^^

>Feelings<
August 15th, 2009, 01:44 AM
I have never been that close to someone in terms of lovey dovey relationships, but I know the feeling that it would bring me if I ever broke up or something...
I really am the shy type, and even then I never really liked someone that deeply or something, but the more I would like a person, the more it would hurt.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 15th, 2009, 10:02 AM
I dont show when I'm heartbroken, I pretty much act the same, so its very hard for people to tell if something bad happen to me or not. But it is ruff, i think its better to let out your emotions or your going to feel even worse (thats what my friends tell me) but I don't believe it

cerulean15
August 16th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Lol Feebas, Milotic and Magicarp huh? have no idea why but that made me laugh. But you're right, I need to keep pushing on and keep with the positive side. Otherwise I won't be able to move through life how I wish too, there is a Milotic out there for everyone somewhere. Its just a matter of finding her/him and more than likely they'll show up when you least expect it.

To everyone who shared their experiences; I thank you all for doing so, its nice to know we can all pass advice and comfort each other in someway. So no matter what happens everyone, keep moving forward and never EVER give up! ^^

That's the spirit! :rambo: And yes, making you laugh must have cheered you up ^^ I'm sure of it. I just had to throw in some Pokemon terminology somehow....just changing the real words around to fit it. Can't believe it actually made sense xD But my friends do say I can be an expert when it comes to helping out with rocky relationships..(not exactly sure why) but I guess its a gift. Hope every thing goes well and yes, Never Give Up!

SmashBro
August 16th, 2009, 05:31 PM
It feels as if you where stabbed in the heart, the so unbareble pain, at the same time trying hide your sorrow from everyone. Well pretty much I'm a very timid person, especially around girls, but when I saw her face i was love struck, the first girl I ever fell in love with. I knew she would reject me but I went for it anyway. So when I asked her out she said no, it killed me. I didn't want to do anything, not even play video games or anything. But I got over it. The point is that you will get over it, eventually...

Dixie Kong
August 16th, 2009, 05:40 PM
I've had things so bad that I've literally tried to just turn them into dark, blank areas of my mind. That probably doesn't make sense...I mean that I've tried to forget, however suppressing the memories only makes it worse. The past hurts my present terribly. I can't be as free and trusting in my current relationship just because of the last one, however the person I'm with now isn't like the last. They're amazing and don't force anything on me. That's the thing with heartbreak at a young age: there's always someone better. You probably don't think it right then and there, but once you've moved on and you're with someone else, it hits you and you pretty much lie to yourself about even caring about the last person.