PDA

View Full Version : What's The Stupidest Thing You Ever Did In RSE

koopacrazy
August 12th, 2009, 05:23 PM
For Me It Was The First Time I Played Ruby I Was Stuck After The 5th Gym For 3 Days

Ruphire
August 12th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Oh geez. For me, it was when I read that in the cave of Origin, that Celebi was in there.

I spent like a month, trying to find out how to get in there. >_<

Gleam Noiyam
August 12th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Using a master ball on a Poocheyena. (Last year.)
Most stupid thing I ever did. (At least I deleted that file.) The other stupid thing I did, was search for Chimecho, I finally found one. Same thing with searching for a Jigglypuff. (which I did.) And catching 6 Lotads.

thegeneticway
August 12th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Didn't know what to do after beating Brawly in Dewford Island

I kept wandering all over the place

Gary, the Magic Fairy
August 12th, 2009, 06:38 PM
I didn't get the master ball. D:

Sydian
August 12th, 2009, 06:48 PM
First time through on Sapphire, I missed the Master Ball. I don't understand what's so wrong with someone giving you the Master Ball. RBY: President of Silph gives it to you. GSC: Professor Elm gives it to you. What's wrong with someone not giving you one in RSE? Finding it in a warp panel infested hideout? That's a sure way to find it, and later when you find out it was there, the hideout's been closed up. What's that about?

That aside, I named a Crobat after my friend (it was on 45 or so) and bred it with a level 11 Zubat and when the Egg hatched, I told him he was the father. He asked for the levels of the parents and informed me it was rape. I guess that's more awkward than stupid, though.

mugenhavok
August 12th, 2009, 08:06 PM
i nicknamed my skitty balls lol

Maninho
August 12th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Hm...

i spent 3 months looking for the weather institute

xD

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 13th, 2009, 06:49 AM
In emerald I was going against a Steelix in the Battle Frontier, and I used Explosion by mistake at the time

:t354:TG

theDIRTYAVENGER
August 13th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Buying Pokemon Ruby.
Simple as that.

xxshiny_umbreonXX
August 13th, 2009, 07:44 AM
the stupidest thing i did was breed my two manetrics and make them have like twelve eggs. my boxes were halfway full with elektrikes.

Skaterzpenguin
August 13th, 2009, 08:03 AM
I was trying to get the regi's, but you have to try to read that weird dot language so I had nothing. I had to buy a nintendo pokemon guide for ruby/sapphire because it had the language in there and that was the only place/spot where I could figure the language out. lol Hated it lol

Kaisuki
August 13th, 2009, 08:21 AM
I accidently killed Kyogre and Groundon. -.-
I was trying to catch them but when I realized I didn't use false swipe on them it was earthquake.
After I went to Kyogre I went to Groundon the next day and the same mistake happened.
:S

Tox
August 13th, 2009, 08:33 AM
I couldn't find Captain Stern in Slateport so I just walked around for days.

Nyjil da Kid
August 13th, 2009, 09:15 AM
I had a busload of Pokes and a lot of traded ones from Emeralds Safari Zone [GSC] and I also caught a shiny Golbat and raised it into a Pink Crobat that became a permanent part of my team...the started getting boring after a while...so I restarted...and that's when DP came [ i found out about migration] and I havent stopped kicking myself about it yet...this was on Ruby...

Divine~Deoxys
August 13th, 2009, 12:43 PM
oh god me too. If i'd figured it out rather than restarting, i woulda had a team like this:

lv.40 blaziken
lv.40 gardevoir
lv.40 lotad

i got so bored i just started driving minuns to extinction. apparently, once you kill 100 of them, plusle become common as hell

elmocha
August 13th, 2009, 09:19 PM
in emerald i caught six`zigzagoons as my team i thought they would pick up good items like they did in ruby.

Arc
August 13th, 2009, 09:23 PM
The stupidest thing I did in emerald was, fight Steven with my highest level pokemon level 70 =D at least I won xP

enterteinor
August 14th, 2009, 07:39 AM
For Me It Was The First Time I Played Ruby I Was Stuck After The 5th Gym For 3 Days

Hahaha the smae happened to me thats hilarious, at laest im not he only one

NeonJellytot
August 15th, 2009, 08:56 AM
In emerald I used a master ball on a level 2 zigzagoon.

Epoxy
August 16th, 2009, 10:38 AM
1) Purchasing Ruby.
2) Using my masterball on Groudon.
3) Picking Treeko.
4) Walking around with that weather Pokemon in my team like it was useful.

Vorteld
August 16th, 2009, 11:30 AM
I forgot to save before taking on Rayquaza, and I critted it... before SAVING AFTER THE BATTLE!

Greene1516
August 16th, 2009, 02:44 PM
I'll have to think on this one,probably thinking Milotic was a Dragon type all through my first run of it.

P.S. Water Dragon Trainer, please respond to my VM, I know you are reading this thread. I am waiting in Wi-Fi.

Ryu Hoshi
August 16th, 2009, 03:47 PM
well it was 6 years ago but I remember

1.getting lost every 20 min(for some reason I have a horrible sense of direction in hoenn)

2.After finding my way to Kyogre I realized I only had poke balls on me.then I went into denial and thought i could get it done with just that knowing it wasn't going to fly with him

skorupoke
August 17th, 2009, 01:10 AM
Training a lot of Pokémon (I had a team of 10), because I didn't know a team of six Pokémon was the normal "size". They were all around lv43 when I went to the Pokémon League, so I never won the league and didn't play the game anymore. When I decided to play it 1 year later, the game said: "The save file was deleted...".

latios09
August 17th, 2009, 06:43 AM
I tried the Emerald Battle Tower Cloning Hack and accidentally deleted my Latios Level 72.

Juu-Chan
August 17th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Ooer
my copy of ruby was in french
so you can imagine i had some trouble thar~

probably
not being able to find the entrance to the cave because it was so dark
(i was playing it at night)
and then starting a new game

//shrug
heck, probably just 'Buying Ruby Version in French' in the first place

Megaman765
August 17th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Dumbest thing I did was use a master ball on groudon in ruby (Shoulda saved for latios)

The Gambling Gallade
August 17th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Oh God. Catching a male Gardevoir.

:'(

Biggest mistake of my Gallade life.

Saud-Blaziken
August 17th, 2009, 12:54 PM
It was when I reached the 6th gym and didn't even know that there was a bridge there so I got stuck 5 days there

Hassamu
August 17th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Picking Treecko for a starter was a bad idea, and I wasted the Master Ball on Groudon.

I also used an Action Replay so much that the game froze and I was unable to move anymore.
I was stuck next to the computer in a Pokemon Centre FOREVER.

Moltres111
August 18th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Dumbest thing I ever did?

A few years ago, maybe like 4 years ago, I was playing my FireRed, getting ready to start a new game, linking over all my dear Level 100 Pokemon to a friend of mine. After I had started a new game, I realized, my beloved Level 100 Latios that I had caught in Ruby was missing. It was not on my friend's game. I then realized, with a sinking feeling..

"Oh, no."

mew²
August 18th, 2009, 12:46 AM
Using my Master Ball on a Spheal. Enough said.
And using 257 Great Ball to capture a level 70 Groudon.

Yoshimi
August 18th, 2009, 01:18 AM
Probably buying emerald in the first place. I wasn't enlightened on the world of emulation then.
But other than that, I used my master ball on Rayquaza.

Hatenko
August 18th, 2009, 01:27 AM
Using the Master Ball on Groudon probably. In Colosseum, trying to save my Master Ball (before I knew the glitch) for Shuckle.

SquirtleGirl
August 18th, 2009, 04:33 AM
Dumbest thing I did was use a master ball on groudon in ruby (Shoulda saved for latios)

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how to catch Kyogre now without dying -.-

I did that the first time round and after I completed it and found out about Latias I was like really mad at myself.

Mine was using a master ball on a ratata, no idea how it happened :P

adi_balwani
August 19th, 2009, 08:58 AM
While trying to catch a sharpedo, I was about to select a great ball I by mistake selected my master ball.

Jad
August 19th, 2009, 09:36 AM
set my shiny pokemon which i worked hard on leveling free
but at least i was using a vba so i pressed F1 and restored it

Red1530
August 19th, 2009, 03:40 PM
The dumbest thing I ever did was knock out a wild shiny Pokémon.

Mattysaurus
August 19th, 2009, 03:59 PM
..Forgot to grab the Master Ball my first time.

ShinyZzZ18
August 19th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Supidest things: 1) Getting rid of my 2nd Diamond File with a shiny Forretress still on it, and getting Pearl for Christmas soon (a month) after xD
2) Even attempting the cloning glitch in Silver (That's how I lost my Shiny Donphan)

Teh Blazer
August 19th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Attempting to walk through Rock Tunnel (in Blue) without Flash. I had to restart all over because of that!

The Corrupt Plague
August 19th, 2009, 09:39 PM
I forgot to grab the masterball in team Aqua's hideout.

Hamako-chan
August 20th, 2009, 02:28 AM
I was wondering around looking for the 3rd gym.

Madsen
August 20th, 2009, 03:13 AM
I let my Charizard have Scratch and Ember till' round lvl76.
=D

D.xCharLx.B
August 20th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Not catching Feebas. >_>
25charlimit

dragon0fangz
August 20th, 2009, 02:06 PM
I was new to the pokemon world when i got a shiny feebas. I didnt know it was shiny, and i didnt know it would evolve in a milotic, so i traded it for a Zangoose. (i had sapphire)
GAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

Silhouette
August 20th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Lost a Gardevoir to the cloning glitch in Emerald. Dang, that Gardevoir's Smartness went beyond the chart. DX I've never had such a good contest Gardevoir (or Pokémon in general, in that case).

Also, my first run through of Sapphire, I found a Numel with a blue top (I had no idea it was shiny, as it was my first one I saw), and started a new game, losing it. DX

The Riddler
August 21st, 2009, 02:06 AM
I realeased my feebas, and my Blaziken.

mockingod
August 22nd, 2009, 02:15 PM
I caught rayquaza with a masterball -.-

Lith
August 22nd, 2009, 02:17 PM
Didnt know about the masterball.
Stupid Sapphire.
*Grumpy Face*

Cynic Kaka
August 22nd, 2009, 02:18 PM
I bought Pokemon Ruby

I suppose it was starting off with Treecko.

magrathean
August 22nd, 2009, 02:39 PM
Commonly, I couldn't figure out how to get to Mauville.

But I'm embarrassed because this was on the second Hoenn game I played, I had gotten to Mauville in Sapphire just fine....

endopker
August 23rd, 2009, 08:06 AM

LMAO exact same thing that happened to me....
other than that i happened to use a masterball on ralts... :S

PrismoStar
August 23rd, 2009, 08:09 AM
LMAO exact same thing that happened to me....
other than that i happened to use a masterball on ralts... :S

I used my Masterball on Groudon >_< Should have used on on Latias. At least it's better than using it on Ralts.

Johto's Best
August 23rd, 2009, 09:43 PM
Attempting to walk through Rock Tunnel (in Blue) without Flash. I had to restart all over because of that!

Really? I thought everyone (including myself) memorized it by now...oh well.

Back on topic: I forgot to heal after victory road and faced the league. They could've at least shown SOME mercy.

mervyn797
August 28th, 2009, 01:46 AM
for me it was throwing a masster ball on skarmory. i thought master ball was useless....

sabrina_diamond
August 28th, 2009, 03:54 AM
Knocked out all of my Elite Pokemon before facing champion Steven in the Elite 4, leaving a half-HP Rayquaza, only to accidentally save right before facing him -_- o.0 worst mistake ever.

Lady Gaga
August 28th, 2009, 05:34 AM
i played those horrid games >.<

uh, really, im good at Pokemon, so i dont make mistakes ;3

though, i did have a friend who gave me his ruby. he was older than me, but still, his swampert was lvl 80, and he didnt train anything else. all lvl 30s. also, he taught EVERY SINGLE pokemon he had HMs. it was sad, i could not import them. he was abouto face the E4. he failed xD

NatureKeeper
August 28th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Used MasterBall on Groudon.

SailorMuffins
August 28th, 2009, 09:22 AM
I remember in Sapphire I caught a Roselia and I insisted on using it all the time because I thought it was awesome.

Of course, this made the Fire gym ridiculously difficult. Then when I got it to level 67 or so I let it go by accident somehow. I was too upset to play it for days. XD

Gorgelightning
August 28th, 2009, 11:38 AM
KO'ing a black rayquaza,then saving it.

Jumps off bridge

Amore
August 28th, 2009, 11:56 AM
uh........deleting my save game that had lv.100 of just about everything obtainable without events or trading (i was rly, rly bored nd pissed)

michele
August 28th, 2009, 12:31 PM
I used my Masterball on Groudon >_<
i did the same. :( it took me AGES to catch latios.

560cool.
August 28th, 2009, 12:37 PM
1 Thinkin' There's only Electrodes in MB Hideout and leaving it ThERe >_<
2 1st time I played I ended up at Steven like this : Blaziken lv. 91 moves Blaze Kick Sky Uppercut Mirror Move Rock>_< Smash LoL I won geez Also othere wer Lv. 20 30 Pokemon ! This explains my loove to Blaziken eh ?
3 Turned off the game without purpose At the BatTow and lost 61 WinnStreak >>>>>>________<<<<<<<<

LoL I was 8 or 7 .... poor me

xxFrozenFlower
August 29th, 2009, 07:17 AM
In my Ruby, I totally forgot about the MB in the hideout... ):
But that's not even the stupidest thing I've ever did... -________-;;;
I spent DAYS (okay, it might not seem like a lot, but it's easier said than done!) trying to catch Groudon, and it never worked... and since I didn't have the master ball that I wanted to use on him anyways, I thought 'hey, at least I get the Pokedex entry, and it'll probably give me truckloads of EXP!' and knocked him out.
And he didn't even give out that much EXP! ;__;

But I got my friend who was playing alongside me with a Sapphire to get her Master Ball, and catch Kyogre with it, and trade it to me for a Tropius =P She had never encountered one and thought they were super rare, and I also thought it was pretty rare since I practically never run into them so it was a somewhat fair trade... but right after that, she kept bumping into a zillion of them and was like 'I thought they were rare! O__o'...
^^;

e4darthteej
August 29th, 2009, 07:29 AM
I first played Saphire when I was 10, and it was full of these moments. However my biggest one was having a team of Swellow Lvl. 70, and Kyogre Lvl. 63, yet still losing to Phoebe =.=

Demigod
August 29th, 2009, 08:05 AM
I've never did nothing wrong in RB/SP/EM ever. Except maybe buying Saphire and Ruby but only playing Ruby and leaving Saphire away after 40 min. But that is not ingame so.. Nothing, im 1337

shadowsoldier591
August 29th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Training my starter way more than my other pokes I learned why that was a bad idea when i fought Phoebe =(

KurlyFries
August 29th, 2009, 09:44 AM
I have something to top most of these.

In 2004, my knowledge of shinies (solely from the Red Gyarados encounter) was that
-they were different colored
-they were uber-rare
-you couldn't run away from them

So when I saw a shiny Tailow in that faraway place with the Jigglypuffs, I was like,
"Is this really a shiny? Hmm.. if it were I wouldn't be able to run away from it.
Got away safely!"

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
August 29th, 2009, 11:41 AM
I found a shiny elecktrike and I'd forgotten to buy any Pokeballs. To this day, it's still the only shiny I've ever seen.

Tudj
August 30th, 2009, 03:02 AM
Yer I didn't know about the Master Ball and they closed that stupid cove so I couldn't get it.

Pachireecko
August 30th, 2009, 04:50 AM
Using a luxury ball on a magicarp.

Outbreak
August 30th, 2009, 06:25 AM
finding the Sky Pillar....it took me three weeks :paranoid::tired:

Venusaur♣
August 30th, 2009, 08:04 AM
My Blaziken Hp was on red and it got killed by a wurmple lol xD

mama luigi
August 30th, 2009, 11:46 AM
first time I played emerald,I ONLY raised my swampert for beating the Elite Four...That was epic FAIL!

Firebird306
September 1st, 2009, 05:12 AM
I have something to top most of these.

In 2004, my knowledge of shinies (solely from the Red Gyarados encounter) was that
-they were different colored
-they were uber-rare
-you couldn't run away from them

So when I saw a shiny Tailow in that faraway place with the Jigglypuffs, I was like,
"Is this really a shiny? Hmm.. if it were I wouldn't be able to run away from it.
Got away safely!"

For some reason that epic fail is almost a win (unless it's just because of how you typed it out). =/ But this is a classic case of pwning oneself. XD Sorry for your loss. >.<

Anyways, mine would be saving in the middle of the E4. I ended up using all my items and had to start over with no money/items. XD My team was weak also because I never bothered to train. :S

Do not ask how I managed to achieve this because quite frankly, I have no clue either, ask my 13 year old self. o.O

DestinyBender
September 2nd, 2009, 02:21 AM
1. Not picking up the Master Ball.
2. Trading a Pokemon with a Masterball attatched to it, later then accidently using it on a level 5 Ralts.
3. Killing Kyogre, Rayquaza & Groudon.

I am intellectually challenged :\

Amore
September 2nd, 2009, 02:39 AM
Restarting my game and chooing Treecko to pwn May's Marshtomp because Blaziken couldn't beat it.

Chaostorm
September 2nd, 2009, 03:15 AM
That was before I joined PC , my friends are telling me that I need the Move Dig in order to battle the Regis , but I deleted it >.< , so I restarted the game knowing that theres no pokemon that learns dig except in TM ....

Thingula
September 3rd, 2009, 11:51 AM
Catch and keep a Bad Egg. Destroyed my Emerald

WolfWrath
September 3rd, 2009, 09:55 PM
On Sapphire (first file):

I killed Kyogre, killed Latias, I didn't get the Masterball on my first file 'cause I didn't know were it was, I tried to beat steven with a Delcatty, Blaziken, Mightyena, Swellow, Agron, and Tentacruel.

Emerald:

I thought Wallce was going to be an easy win...was I wrong, I spent 8 hours looking for Rayquaza...in Granite cave (I thought there would be a top called the spear pillar were Ray was since I couldn't find the real SP), I also attempted to beat Tate and Liza with level 30 - somethings......until I saw they had two extra pokemon.

I think that's about all.

FLORYN
September 4th, 2009, 12:14 AM
After i saved the Wingull from the cave i tryed to smash the boulders

Blaziquaza
September 5th, 2009, 01:57 AM
Using a MB on a Machop.That was when I didn't know about BW Cloning...>_<

Kanto_Johto
September 5th, 2009, 01:44 PM
I encountered a shiny Whismur, and thought my game was cursed. I was convinced that if I caught it, everything in the game would turn shiny, including all the characters, buildings, scenery etc, and annoy me for the rest of my playing days. So I ran from it.

I was only 10, but it's still worthy of a facepalm.

PokéToast
September 5th, 2009, 01:52 PM
I think the first time I played Ruby, my brother told me a rumor about catching Mew in the Safari Zone if you cut all the grass areas down. I spent 4 hours doing that to accomplish nothing.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
September 5th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Oh, when I was just a Poke'newb,
I kept trying to beat Brawly with weak, WEAK pokemon because apperantly, I didn't conceive the whole:
"Beat other pokemon you get EXP points so your pokemon get stronger." concept. :X

ShivaDF
September 5th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Losing to the Elite Four because i was underleveled, and then losing all my money, and then beating them finally due to fighting them over and over till I was strong enough, and I getting extra lucky with Minun's Thunder. Ugh.

Latiace
September 6th, 2009, 07:29 AM
On my Ruby version I taught my Linoone (nicknamed Kyuu) the Dig TM and then I deleted it! When I discovered the Sealed Chamber, I needed to use dig to open the door! (How stupid!) Here is the dialogue for your enjoyment: (With Blaze the Blaziken!)

Latiace:So this is the Sealed Chamber, eh?
Kyuu:Exactly!
Latiace:So how do you open the door?
Kyuu:I think you have to use Dig!
Latiace:*Twitch*
Kyuu:What's wrong, Latiace?
Latiace:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111ONETWOTHREEEEE

THE NEXT DAY:

Latiace:*Sigh* I guess I can't open the door of the Sealed Chamber...
Blaze:What!?
Kyuu:What do you mean, Blaze?
Blaze:Apparently that is the only way you can get access to the Three Regis!
Latiace:O_O;.............
Kyuu:*Sigh* here we go again...
Latiace:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!1111111ONETWOTHREEFOURFIVESIXSEVENEIGHTNINETEN

THE END! XD
I guess the Sinnoh Elite Four has the same problems...

Aaron:So this is the Sealed Chamber, eh?
Lucian:Exactly!
Flint:I'm really not sure, but I think I lost the Dig TM...
Aaron:OMGNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111NINETHOUSAND *Faints*
Lucian:I think you killed him...
Flint:*Sweatdrops* of course........... not.
Aaron:*Wakes up* Huh? What happened?
Flint:Apparently I can't get access to the Three Regis...
Aaron:AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!11111 *Faints again*
Lucian:*Facepalm*

AT SNOWPOINT TEMPLE

Flint:So this is Snowpoint Temple, eh?
Aaron:Of course it is! I can't wait to get Regigigas!
Lucian:I've heard that you have to catch the Three Regis first...
Aaron:Aw dang it!
Flint:OMGAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!11111 *Runs away*
Lucian:Hehe, they'll never know I caught the THREE REGIS! *Evil laugh*
Aaron:Huh what?
Lucian:Nothing! ^_^

THE END! (Again!)

I'm a born storyteller XD

shadowlinks99
September 6th, 2009, 09:20 AM
In my Ruby, I used my Master Ball on a wild Gloom, thinking that it was an ultra ball.

In my sapphire, I ran away from a shiny linoone, and I taught dig to my other linoone (non shiny) and deleted it. No regis for me. :(

In my emerald, I did the duplication glitch... And crashed my game.

Valen
September 6th, 2009, 10:42 AM
for me it was when ran away from catching kyogre in saphire

Bellasaur
September 6th, 2009, 11:14 PM
I encountered a shiny Whismur, and thought my game was cursed. I was convinced that if I caught it, everything in the game would turn shiny, including all the characters, buildings, scenery etc, and annoy me for the rest of my playing days. So I ran from it.

I was only 10, but it's still worthy of a facepalm.

Lol, that's what I did. My R/S cartridges must've been blessed, cause I ran into a shiny ralts, numel, and whismur on Ruby and a shiny golbat and electrike on Sapphire. And each time I ran. :/

Another dumb thing I did: caught a pokemon with pokerus and thought it was bad, so I put it in my pc and released it. >:U

Air Pichu
September 7th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Thinking that if you beat the Elite 4 50 Times you can go to the Kanto Region.

Pyrax
September 7th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Going up against Wallace (Emerald) with a lv.80 Swampert and 5 lv.35 pokémon.

§1
September 7th, 2009, 09:34 AM
1 kid in my class said he could unlock the event to goto the island with latias on it...like an idiot i belived him and lended him my game

next day he gave my game back, and all my good pokemon were gone...at least he gave the game back =/

AlphaMightyena
September 7th, 2009, 09:57 AM
back when i loved to read i thought kyogre was Moby Dick (famous book) so i ran from him.

and then i wondered why i don't read that mutch now.

Pikachukid
September 7th, 2009, 10:21 AM
I had a busload of Pokes and a lot of traded ones from Emeralds Safari Zone [GSC] and I also caught a shiny Golbat and raised it into a Pink Crobat that became a permanent part of my team...the started getting boring after a while...so I restarted...and that's when DP came [ i found out about migration] and I havent stopped kicking myself about it yet...this was on Ruby...

Lol. I sold my Sapphire version right before they announced Diamond/Pearl. I had Jirachi and Deoxys lvl 100 and now I can't get either one of them. T_T

Latiace
September 7th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Not to mention I've gone insane trying to catch a Sableye only to find out you can't find them in Ruby! *Is embarrassed*

シルバー
September 7th, 2009, 04:22 PM
It took me a year and a half to beat Steven.
I am ashamed of myself now XD

Kam the Narwhal
September 7th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Going up against Wallace (Emerald) with a lv.80 Swampert and 5 lv.35 pokémon.

That's a fairly accurate representation of what my Emerald team looked like, lol

(Besides, I was screwed if I didn't trade over Swampert since I chose Torchic as my starter.)

Cooltrainer_TOM
September 7th, 2009, 11:42 PM
my stupidest thing was the first time i played ruby i spent like 2 hours trying to find out how to like leave the first town and get my pokemon lol.

s0nido
September 8th, 2009, 12:58 AM
First time through on Sapphire, I missed the Master Ball. I don't understand what's so wrong with someone giving you the Master Ball. RBY: President of Silph gives it to you. GSC: Professor Elm gives it to you. What's wrong with someone not giving you one in RSE? Finding it in a warp panel infested hideout? That's a sure way to find it, and later when you find out it was there, the hideout's been closed up. What's that about?

That was annoyingly annoying for me in Sapphire. I couldn't understand why they couldn't just give it to me either. I didn't even know that they had a Master Ball up for grabs in the game until my friend told me about it. But by then it was too late, since I had already gotten to Kyogre and blew him up. :/

DrFuji
September 8th, 2009, 03:20 PM
While its not necessarily 'stupid' I missed the MasterBall in Team Aqua's Hideout during my first run through the game.

The funny thing was, I battled both Electrodes and then left the Nugget and MasterBall, thinking to myself "Geez, how stupid does this game think I am? Those are going to be even more Electrodes..."

Boy, is my face red.

Melaugh
September 9th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Beside missing the Masterball, I think it was selling all of the berries in Hoenn. I would always try to avoid trainers, constantly making me broke.

RockmanEXE
September 9th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Fishing on Route 209 for a Wailord when I suddenly found out that you needed to SURF to get them.

derozio
September 9th, 2009, 08:53 PM
While its not necessarily 'stupid' I missed the MasterBall in Team Aqua's Hideout during my first run through the game.

The funny thing was, I battled both Electrodes and then left the Nugget and MasterBall, thinking to myself "Geez, how stupid does this game think I am? Those are going to be even more Electrodes..."

Boy, is my face red.

That striked a funny note! XD

Even I did something that was not exactly stupid but it was..............I don't know what exactly. XD

I just went inside that shoal cave without knowing about the fact that the tides keep on changing there. I actually went in search of snorunt and searched nearly for 3-4 hours but I couldn't get anything. And as I was playing on an emulator I was not able to play the game with the clock based events(I had the Real time clock feature disabled XD.).
I was really frustrated and just quit the job of capturing it.

When I came to know about all what I didn't knew, I captured it. xDhttp://www.pokecommunity.com/images/icons/icon6.gif

Lunaby
September 10th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I missed the Masterball, and got stuck in the first 2 towns.
I couldn't figure out how to get past the guy who was looking at the 'footprints'. (I was 7 xD) So I just sat in the first few routes and trained.
Only good thing from that was that I had a lvl 25 Combusken for once I got past there. xD

Demigod
September 10th, 2009, 02:09 PM
I don't think ive done anything wrong ever.

GaryOGaryProductions
September 11th, 2009, 05:59 PM
when i traded my shiny beautifly25, groundon lvl 84, and other really rare pokemon in ruby to my other game and the other game getting erased a few days later.

Sydian
September 11th, 2009, 06:41 PM
I trained Sableye to a ridiculously high level in hopes he would evolve. Never happened.

ImmunityBow
September 11th, 2009, 06:43 PM
I restarted when my Pokedex was at 190-ish :/

Caliban
September 12th, 2009, 01:02 AM
Me? I released my Celebi. ;_;
And there was only one Celebi event in our town...

CyanideEspeon
September 12th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Using nothing but my Blaziken.

DeeJayFusion
September 16th, 2009, 05:55 AM
I don't think ive done anything wrong ever.
RIGHT, you are pokemon GOD :p

psychicboy
September 16th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Actually beating the game 36 times...

ScizorZ
September 19th, 2009, 09:33 AM
i made rayquaza an HM slave. :(

Sydian
September 19th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Here's something really stupid: I caught a Whismur. /thread

PKFL_531
September 22nd, 2009, 06:47 PM
so many stupid things i've done:

-Shiny Claydol killing-- the shiny claydol looks exactly like a normal claydol w/ the shiny mark, and back then, i never knew what a shiny pokemon was!
-Relicanth master -- used a master ball on a relicanth.
-Roselia transfer -- transferred my best roselia to my glitchy, laggy Pearl

747Jason747
September 23rd, 2009, 10:13 AM
Didn't catch a Shiny Aron because it looked funny......we truly are stupid when were young.

*Firestar*
September 23rd, 2009, 11:29 AM
I ran away from a shiny Swablu thinking it would blow up my game or something xD. Lol, when I found out that they were incredibly rare, I was kicking myself for days!

LyokoGirl5000
September 23rd, 2009, 11:41 AM
I started a new game with the default name "Kimmy" and completed the Hoenn Dex with it. I spent two years looking for a Feebas only to find out my friend had one all along. I've beaten the Elite Four fifty-nine times and counting.

Radon
September 23rd, 2009, 06:05 PM
The stupidest thing I did(which is also where Im still at) Is I defeated the Sootopolis gym leader and now I don't know where to go. >.<

abcde13
September 25th, 2009, 05:00 AM
Catching Rayquaza with Master Ball. Not that bad though, in my second try I used Ultra Balls and it was a torture. Lati@s are much much MUCH harder to catch.

JezzaRules
September 28th, 2009, 05:48 AM
Wasted like 6 hours trying to find a friggen Feebas =_=

nokyo-chan
September 28th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Not planting BERRIES!! I mean, I know there's some glitch to where you can't grow berries after about a year or so, but geez...I didn't plant any and used just about all of mine. A game without PokeBlock-making is a sad, sad game. =(

xXI JOE IXx
September 29th, 2009, 11:17 AM
My sister caught a magikarp in my masterball, oh the horror :(

Tackle!
September 29th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Bought About 400 Poke Balls ( Yes just normal Poke Balls ) And making me broke. I don't even think i used a single one before i realized how stupid that decision was....

Prof.Oak
September 29th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Me is umm.. Giving Rock Smash to my Torkoal .. -.- Gosh I cant wait to take it out!

Fire Wolf
September 30th, 2009, 03:00 AM
Spending 9 months in finding a way to Lavridge Town.
Using my MasterBall on Absol because by looks it looked one-off.
After Absol-gate, I quit playing Emerald on GBA. But I started 2 years later again on PSP and my team now is - Glalie, Rayquaza, Swampert, Kyogre, Salamence and Latios, which was caught in a state of shock by MasterBall. Also have all the 3 Regis and Groudon in the PC.

Orlando
September 30th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Lol I agree with you skorupoke. You should usually stick to training mostly your main pokemon. Thats what I did with my Torchic. I also caught other pokemon to use the HM's on so I could get through the game. When I reached the pokemon league my torchic was a lvl 70 Blaziken. :D So don't waste your time training all of those pokemon because you won't get a good return at the end. I would only start making a team when I beat the league. Lvl 40's won't beat the league.
You could also catch a legendary or catch pokemon in victory road. Legendaries will definitely give you a BIG boost. :)

Oh and the worst thing I have ever done in Emerald was when I spent a few hours searching for a god dang RALTS!!!!

kidpunk
October 1st, 2009, 01:17 PM
For 3 months I searched the safari zone for a shiny shuckle. Then, when I decide to go to the battle factory and take a break from hunting, I get a shiny Walrein to rent! That drove me nuts for days.

CRaTeR
October 1st, 2009, 01:53 PM
Back when I was eight or so, I thought the cave in Dewford was a tunnel to the next city.
I spent hours trying to find an exit.

Time Shift Dialga
October 2nd, 2009, 07:11 AM
I used my masterball on a level 47 (I think...) Altaria O_o

rndm.
October 2nd, 2009, 09:04 AM
I bought a pirated ruby. T_T Didn't know it was pirated, before I tried to trade with Colosseum. I couldn't. I did a little research and found out that you have to have hall of fame data in order to trade with it. I though: "Hey, I beat the champion!". I checked the "hall of fame"-option on my PC an this horrible phrase appeared on my screen:

"Hall of Fame data corrupt."

...Yeah. Nowadays it doesn't even remember my saves. Screw you, Bulgaria!

кιd
October 2nd, 2009, 09:11 AM
Found a shiny Zigzagoon in my Sapphire, then restarted it after I got to a certain point.
I had a tendency to restart Pokemon games, and I sure did forget that I had a shiny Zigzagoon. D:

Niprop
October 10th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Stupidest?

Searched frantically for the place that sells Porygon, only to find out there were none in Hoenn.

Oddest?

Filled Six of my boxes with Gulpins and Swalots! Yay for Gulpins!

♪♩♫:t316:

§1
October 12th, 2009, 08:12 PM
I couldn't figure out how to get past the guy who was looking at the 'footprints'. (I was 7 xD) So I just sat in the first few routes and trained.
Only good thing from that was that I had a lvl 25 Combusken for once I got past there. xD

i had this 1 friend that did somthin similar on his silver version. he couldn't figure out how to walk to morty through his gym...he thought he needed an hm or somethin, so he just trained and talked to everyone. he had a lvl 60 typhosion by the time i told him what he needed to do

StriK.eR
October 12th, 2009, 08:16 PM
In Emerald. Captured Rayquaza with Master Ball right before seeing a Wild "Shiny Spheal" And Accidentaly killed it..

JezzaRules
October 13th, 2009, 01:09 AM
Figuring out how to get an Azurill by breeding...
...ended up with like 15 Marills =.=

xxzyyzxx
October 13th, 2009, 05:11 AM
Started with Torchic/Treecko in Emerald. MASSIVE difficulty difference as opposed to choosing Mudkip. (See the third gym for what I mean).

I had to get Grovyle to low 30 and go catch an Aron to get past him.

skyluigi2
October 13th, 2009, 08:43 AM
accidentaly used a masterball on a tentacool =(

Klofkac
October 13th, 2009, 09:39 AM
I didn't catch hooked FEEBAS.

EvilMudkip
October 18th, 2009, 03:57 AM
1. Using MB on Kyogre
2. Testing MB on Tentacool
3. Missing MB
Sure alot of MB mistakes...

4. Kicking my little brother around after my pirated Sapphire had deleted my save. Quote: "Stupid! You destroyed my save! I had a Sceptile!". I was like 8 years old... Yes, most of all I was sad of the Sceptile.

This mistake isn't really mine, but when my friend was playing LeafGreen and I was sitting next to him, doing my nerdy stuff on a computer, I started talking something about shiny pokemon. He said he has seen lots funny colored pokemon but had just killed them. He hasn't found any after that. BTW, he was 12.

αѕн.
October 18th, 2009, 04:14 AM
I used My Masterball on A Tentacruel x3

Lokiman42
October 19th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Probably equipping Lileep with exp share and fighting like 50 trainers before realizing that I wanted to EV train Lileep. It was male, and I had already saved my game. =(

pokeman1122
October 19th, 2009, 11:29 PM
my cousin told me to release my starter so i could catch it in the wild

Demigod
October 20th, 2009, 07:43 AM
I've never did anything wrong in Pokemon.

AcidNight
October 20th, 2009, 01:25 PM
I tried to caught other trainers pokemons >.<

hi fi wi fi
October 30th, 2009, 09:46 PM
I killed the kyorge and my last save file was back like 3 gyms ago as i had been on for a while and i just decided to start over

Joey_951
November 1st, 2009, 08:22 PM
i nicknamed my skitty balls lol
lol hahahah o my gosh thats funny

ShinySilver
November 30th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Trying to find out how to launch the rocket in Mossdeep City

sfhenry
November 30th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Trying to find out how to launch the rocket in Mossdeep City

Same my friend said talk to the old man and if your lucky he'll take you out to space to catch Deoxys ....

I checked everyday

Daiko7
November 30th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Beat the whole of the Elite 4 then forgot to heal my Team and got destroyed by Wallace

AliceBlaze
November 30th, 2009, 10:15 AM
I was new to pokemon when I played Emerald and I overleveled my Sceptile because I used it a lot more than other pokemon. I filled the rest of my team with legendaries and an underleveled Aggron and Wailord.

B_button_member
November 30th, 2009, 06:37 PM
The first day I got the game I wasted the whole day trying to figure out how to fish for pokemon. LOL.

SceptileLVL100
November 30th, 2009, 09:31 PM
I'm not entirely sure how it happened, but I beat Wattson before
Brawly. Also I used my master ball on groudon. I also put two rhydons in the daycare center and I was unable to get them out because the horny punks wouldn't stop going at it! -.- I ended up with 3 boxes of eggs before I gave up.

GreenStorm
December 6th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Same thing with the space shuttle. I thought you could actually go to the moon and get Deoxys, but I then found out it was fake.

Psyrose
December 6th, 2009, 07:55 PM
I caught a shiny zigzagoon which i raised to a linoone. then made it to a contest master for fun. but, the sad thing is that i actually thought that i could catch a new one after i restarted the game file -.- . so, i lost it XD

5qwerty
December 7th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Stupidest thing I did?
You know the Cycling Path?
Well, I didn't know you could go under it, so I got stuck.
And I also didn't know what the PC was for, so I didn't know how to retrieve my Pokemon.

Nincada
December 7th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Only bought enough items for the elite 4, forgetting about the champion. I wasted so much time! T_T

Ancient J W
December 8th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Well.....

1. Using my Masterball on Groudon
2. Spening months trying to launch the rocket in Mossdeep city, I wanted a Deoxys!
3. Crying that I could never get to Mirage Island. (not because it's rare, I thought you had too do it when it was sunny before you catch Groudon, so the man could see it better!)

scootydd
December 8th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Forgetting to pick up the master ball is team aqua's lair the 3rd time round completeing the game. d'oh

Nikorasu
December 8th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Catching and training a Zigzagzoon thinking i would get an awesome pokemon.

I got it to level 69.

Deja Vu
December 8th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Trying to figure out what was behind that door in Mossdeep.
Trying to strike up a conversation with the TV freak in Lilycove.
Trying to Launch the rocket.
Spending hours trying to get through the Sky Pillar on foot.
Using my Master Ball on Groudon.

shinyraichu12
December 10th, 2009, 02:13 PM
in emerald i heard of this glitch cheat thing to get deoxsys (something to do with the mosdeep spaceport) and i spent soooooooo long trying to activate it...(like 2 months maybe?)
and in diamond I traded my dialga over the gts for a @#$%*& Abomosnow ( I was trying to get the cloning glitch working)

Medli
December 10th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Same my friend said talk to the old man and if your lucky he'll take you out to space to catch Deoxys ....

I checked everyday

Me too! I thought you could launch that rocket or whatever and go into space to catch Deoxys. I so wanted to go into space. It would have been sweet.

I was about 8 or so back then. Haha.

Dashi_sato
December 10th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Took my sapphire back after i got poisoned and i thought it was glitching up.....fail.......when i got to the gamestore they offered to fix it and thats how i figured out.

nui876
December 10th, 2009, 08:31 PM
i used explosion just to end a battle

Desman3000
December 13th, 2009, 08:07 PM
I picked Treeko... Enough said, :,(