PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when you are depressed/angry?

Napalm
August 13th, 2009, 02:06 AM
These situations are hard to deal with, depending on what caused it, but no matter what, I don't go psycho about it. Normally, I play guitar or listen to music. That normally takes the anger out of me.

What do you tend to do normally?

Graceful
August 13th, 2009, 06:45 AM
I just storm to my room,cry because life's not fair and then listen to Green Day to calm myself down.....On the 21st Century Breakdown disc,I tend to avoid to listen to track 14....

Cassino
August 13th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Embrace the emotions for what they are and enjoy it, is what I do.

Zorua
August 13th, 2009, 07:21 AM
I try to calm my emotions down with a bit of meditating. Sleep will probably take care of some other part of my emotions afterwards. Resolving the situation in which caused me to feel angry/depressed is the biggest part to making me feel better. :D

Venusaur♣
August 13th, 2009, 07:36 AM
I usually just keep it in. I know its not good for me but I don't really like to show emotion. My friends always told me if you do you show your weak points.

Rokusasu
August 13th, 2009, 07:40 AM
I beat the crap outta X enemy on a video game, or I go up to the fish pond in my back garden and sit there for a while. ^_^ Going to my room and punching pillows also helps, as does sleeping. When I wake up, I don't feel so bad. 8D

Anxiety.
August 13th, 2009, 08:16 AM
I shout at people and fight. Not the best thing to do, but it sure as hell works.

IceSage
August 13th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Nothing. I've become so numb to those emotions they don't even bother me anymore. The feeling feels like "*Shrug*"

twocows
August 13th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Frustrated: usually, I go back to what I was doing. I tend to only get frustrated if I'm interrupted while doing something I feel is important. And then, it only lasts for the duration of the interruption.

Depressed: I haven't gotten seriously depressed for years, since back when I was being (falsely) medicated for it (funny story; turns out anti-depressants have the opposite effect on children and that doctors aren't even supposed to prescribe them for kids, not to mention that I didn't need them to begin with). I'd usually just lay in bed if I was depressed and go to sleep; by the time I woke up, I was usually over it.

Edit: oh, come to think of it, I was depressed when my ex broke up with me. Yeah, I just kind of slept it off, now that I think about it.

Cherrim
August 13th, 2009, 09:21 AM
For both I tend to just pick up a video game and play, taking breaks to check email or something, but for the most part I just hole myself up in my room for a bit until I calm down or feel better. As with all negative emotions I just kind of ignore them till they go away. Probably not healthy but it seems to work! :D

So yes, video games are great distractions 'cause you can immerse yourself in something else entirely and take your mind off things for a while and sometimes, when you go back to think about it, it's not nearly as upsetting as it was at first.

poopnoodle
August 13th, 2009, 09:49 AM
I'm a pretty passive person. If I'm genuinely upset, I'll run to the DVD player and pop in Arrested Development.

jaimelectric
August 13th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Like Noodle, I'm a pretty passive person. When I'm upset enough to actually be crying, I usually hide my face in a pillow and then fall asleep or start wailing on my best friend Dan until he stops me and makes that face he does that just... makes everything better.

Kung Fu Quagsire!
August 13th, 2009, 10:02 AM
When I'm depressed, I just continue life. Often I'll start talking to someone on MSN and forget all about it. As for angry, I go and play Call of Duty. xD

Fox♠
August 13th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Crack open a few cold beers, sling on some Johnny cash and just sit it out.

Devil's Guitarist
August 13th, 2009, 11:34 AM
well i used to just sit down in a quiet place for a sec,take a deep breath,think about it for a while and that's it.
now i talk with my girlfriend...she makes my day! or if i can't,then it's youtube>scrubs LOL

Kura
August 13th, 2009, 12:10 PM
I used to draw and cook or just do something with my hands and bottle it inside..
But recently I've been talking to Corey and I still do a bit of doodling to let everything flow out~

Hiidoran
August 13th, 2009, 12:28 PM
When I'm depressed or angry, I try to get as far away from whatever is upsetting me as possible. Whether that entails taking a walk, taking a drive, or just locking myself in my room, I do whatever it takes to be alone with my thoughts. It's funny how most people suggest talking things out, but I think that would just enrage me even more in most situations. :x

Good thing it usually takes quite a bit before I'm truly angry or depressed. I'm generally an easy-going guy.

Timbjerr
August 13th, 2009, 03:02 PM
For anger, I either go to the gym and punch the **** out of the punching bags or take it out in a violent video game.

For depression, I usually come here or watch random crap on YouTube in order to get my mind off of it. ^_^

Azonic
August 13th, 2009, 04:16 PM
I go to my room and have a very violent pillow fight with myself. :(

ReyRey-Pyon
August 13th, 2009, 04:49 PM
I blast my tunes eue
really loudly, and sing to myself when im down

when im angry
i just get all pissery at people :D

dotKarma
August 13th, 2009, 05:14 PM
I cause pain to other things (mainly inanimate). Not to sound sadistic or anything...

.little monster
August 13th, 2009, 05:20 PM
When I am depressed:

Talk about it.

When I am mad:

Punch soft stuff and curse at them because it makes me feel better.

Captain Hobo.
August 13th, 2009, 05:30 PM
I punch i wall as hard as i can and it doesn't even hurt lol.

Aizuke
August 13th, 2009, 05:46 PM
I have a habit of pushing people away when I get angry or upset. Hahah, I should learn how to stop doing that. :[

I like cleaning when I'm upset for some reason, and listening to music helps the mood.

I rarely get angry or upset, unless it's been built up from other incidents that have upsetted me and then all exploding in one go.. Which isn't... a very good thing to do.

Charliezard
August 13th, 2009, 06:41 PM
If I'm angry with my family, I tend to go over the top and become aggresive. I don't react at all like this when I'm angry with other people, I tend to just leave. When I'm feeling depressed, I tend to just leave as well.

Vintage Arachnid
August 13th, 2009, 06:58 PM
I usually just listen to depressing music (and cry.) when I'm depressed, and angry/mad songs (i.e "Gives You Hell" AAR.) when I'm mad. Then I write out my thoughts, all of this while I'm alone. Plus I tend to lash out at people when I'm angry, or shut myself away from people when I'm not in the happiness of moods.

altaria221
August 13th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Depressed: just lock it away and try not to show it, and talk, hang out, and laugh, it works pretty well
Angry: Cross Country practice takes care of that, after a good practice i'm too tired to be angry, plus it gives me some peaceful, quiet time to calm down and cool off

Peaceful CC:
"Fifer, get your lazy butt in gear and start running." lol, like i said, peaceful

Ricky429
August 13th, 2009, 10:59 PM
I like to play racing games like burnout paradise when im angry.
When im dpressed i just shut my self off from the world until i cheer back up again.

XxDawnfanxX
August 13th, 2009, 11:01 PM
I usually need to be alone and I listen to music, song of course depending on my situation and mood. Most recently I got blown off by a girl I really was getting close to and I listened to music and dragged on for a few days. I usually don't see my friends for quite a while as I want to be alone but they offer their support. If I am mad, I feel like there is a storm inside of me breaking out and sometimes it's hard to control and I feel the need to punch something or throw something (mainly being my xbox 360 controller).

Idiot!
August 13th, 2009, 11:11 PM
I usually keep it to myself, until I overload and explode

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 14th, 2009, 12:54 AM
I leave the room. Avoid the person I'm pissed with. Pray. Lie down.

And, if it's really bad, I'll punch or kick the wall. I once scraped my skin from kicking the wall. I was just so pissed.

Crimson Stardust
August 14th, 2009, 01:09 AM
I will just listen to music to make myself happy again..

The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
August 14th, 2009, 02:57 AM
I will just listen to music to make myself happy again..

Pardon me? You're never angry, Ace! =D
I do some weird things when i'm angry. I usually kick my dog thats not true XD
When i'm angry, i play Brawl. Why? Its obvious. =P

Freestyle Farfetch'd
August 14th, 2009, 03:52 AM
I try not to get too angry about anything, but when I do, I just go and play some Super Castlevania IV. For some reason, I find that game really good for letting off steam. Don't ask me why, I couldn't explain!

.Wolfie-kun.
August 14th, 2009, 04:09 AM
After secluding myself in my room, I do one (or two) of three things.

1. Listen to music (Any other than upbeat ones)
2. Write about something (Something I've started doing lately)
3. Play any shooter on my Xbox. (Works for me :3)

beauty. proletariat
August 14th, 2009, 05:07 AM
I loathe myself for as long as possible before falling asleep and getting over it.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 14th, 2009, 07:46 AM
I keep to myself, listen to music or take long walks outside

Druid
August 14th, 2009, 10:03 AM
I usually just lock myself in my room for a while and read or something. I've figured out that, whenever I'm really mad, the longer I stay near the person I'm angry at, or other people in general, the worse the situation becomes. Also, comedy shows (arrested development, the office, etc.) usually keep my mind off things.

Guy
August 14th, 2009, 11:50 AM
It takes a lot to get me angry, as I'm normally a gentle kind of guy who sits back, relax, and enjoys doing what I favor. However, when the time does come in which I'm either depressed or angry I like to stay alone and avoid the reason in which I'm angry about. I don't like to confront something, unless knowing what I'm going to do, as I have a tendency to try and not make the boiling point rise in a situation that gets me depressed or angry in a way. Although, like I said, I simply try to stay by myself, avoid the problem, and do something I enjoy. Whether it include writing, drawing, singing, dancing, surfing the web, or reading I clear my mind of the problem until I'm roughly over it.

AtomicoExploda
August 14th, 2009, 11:54 AM
I'm not really angry a lot, usually I just don't care, but when I am angry, I don't really do much at all, because it doesn't really take long for me to get over it, well I just get on with what I always do while listening to music, go to sleep at night, and in the morning I don't care about it anymore.

Oh, The Places You'll Go.
August 14th, 2009, 07:34 PM
When i'm angry,
I cry in my pillow, to release my built up anger.
I slam the door, when i want to be noticed.
I run for miles, to clear my mind.
I blast my music, the distract my problem.
and hun, I even write in my diary, just because I can.

Ruphire
August 14th, 2009, 07:37 PM
I tend to either go listen to some music,
or walk away from the people that makes me mad.

Blue Nocturne
August 15th, 2009, 12:17 AM
I tend to not show much emotion and im quite a passive person. But when i get angry i tend to become rather quiet and ive been told i have a look in my eye that makes me look like im about to kill someone. Usually i will repress it but if im really pushed over the edge i will go beserk and insult the culprit until they apologise. When im mildly depressed or i am in a mild anger i listen to some utada, usually works. I will also mask the anger like most emotions. If im in quite down then i usually just remain really withdrawn and eat.

RYOUKI
August 15th, 2009, 01:48 AM
I fool myself. When I have bad grades, I'll say "Oh, I'm pretty sure a goodthing's gonna happen now." When I've been embarassed, My thoughts would go "Oh, maybe they'll get amnesia when a meteor detonates the world." It's pretty stupid, but it lightens the load.

k1ng0fh3artz
August 15th, 2009, 01:51 AM
i slice my wrist open with plastic spoons and watch the purdy red color roll out as i pass out fromt he loss of blood and wake up in a strange place lonely and scared and then i repeat this from the top :D

lol anyways i like to punch holes in my wall and not sleep cuz insomnia haha :D

>Feelings<
August 15th, 2009, 02:01 AM
Well, when I'm depressed at low levels, then I just try thinking about something else that is fun, talk to my little bro who is the closest person to me, and it becomes okay after a while.
When I'm angry and/or frustrated at low levels, I get over it after a while by repeating the steps for depression, but this time I also think how to solve the matter which made me feel this way.

However, when I'm angry/frustrated/depressed at extremely high levels, which most of the people here have probably never imagined of, let alone experienced, then I can do a whole lot.
I have a lot of problems in my life just because of the high levels of these negative emotions and the low levels of positive emotions. They badly affect me to the point to make me mentally sick.
But I can still take it. For these strong ones, I bear with myself and my mind, and plan out a way to solve them or escape from them all and start over, and this plan must work in order for me to become like a normal person.
All I want to say is that, it was only once in my entire life that somehow such emotions got free for a while, and I almost killed someone. Ever since then, I have learned to either control my emotions freely at will, or if not possible then I just bear with myself. It gets better if you plan out.

MUSION
August 19th, 2009, 08:04 AM
I don't really get depressed nowadays, my life's too good :)

I do however get mildly angry once in a while, usually for one of two reasons

1) I keep taking lame hits on DMC3 while trying to SS a Mission.
Action: Call the pixelated enemy this that and the other. If it goes on for too long and I start getting frustrated I'll punch my wall, it's got a thin layer of some insulation stuff on it, so IT takes more damage than my hand :D (only happened twice so far)

2) My brothers won't leave me a-frickin'-lone (generally while I'm on my laptop).
Action: Shout at them, simple as. If they're REALLY annoying me I might slam my door behind them when they get the hell out. 10 mins later I'll probs be fine. (I can't hold a grudge at all XD)

Michii
August 19th, 2009, 04:14 PM
When I'm angry or depressed, I shut down. I stop talking, I stop caring about everything around me. I act like I'm on auto pilot while my mind carries on in its own little world. I pass my problems off as nothing, so not many people ask what's wrong. However, there are times when I just want to vent and end up surprising everyone around me. Sometimes I end up tearing up and it gets everyone worried since they know that something serious must have happened for me to get that upset (I'm a bubbly person).

And if I can, I find my diary or a piece of paper and I write about it. As you can tell by my elaborate answers to even simple threads, I love to share my experiences or let out my feelings. It's easier to express myself through writing than it is through words, so I find that getting my feelings down let me cope with them. I'm able to recognize and confront my anger or sadness or any other emotion by writing it down. It's a way for me to stop running away from my issues and burrying them down. :]

Samme!
August 19th, 2009, 04:32 PM
When I'm angry, I'm usually really angry. I don't think straight and I make all these ideas in my head to get back at the person or myself for making me so angry. Fact: I am an unusually emotional person.

Sam.Is.Dead.
August 19th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Listen to Deathcore, usually, emmure or the contortionist

Hotaru
August 19th, 2009, 05:56 PM
It actually takes quite a bit to make me mad, and I don't show it when I am. D: When I'm agitated or something, I tend to just keep to myself. Drawing is an excellent stress-reliever, and is always better when there's good music to accompany it.

White Glint
August 19th, 2009, 06:10 PM
*Laugh*

You'd have to do something REALLY stupid to make me mad. If I get mad, I think you'd have to K.O me. XD

But if it's regular agitation, I'll just hit up the PS2, and play some Persona.

jigglypuff_96
August 27th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Well, Im a really senstive and emotinal.

So when I'm angry I yell and cry at the same. Then I run upstairs into my room and then in a few minutes I will get hungry and run down like nothing happend:P

When Im sad I cry like crazy in my room letting it all. Then when most of my tears stop I get my ipod I listen to all my sad songs for a while, then after I'll start listening to happier ones. After I write in my journal about what made me sad. I usally star crying again, but after a while I stop. I then read over my diary and laugh at how silly I acted.

Gymnotide
August 27th, 2009, 08:02 PM
When I'm depressed, I become angry.
When I'm angry, I become THE HULK.

.Seth
August 27th, 2009, 08:03 PM
I'm a bit rebellious at this stage of my life, so I can a bit aggressive. Maybe punch a pillow, or look at funny pictures.
Or even listen to metal. I have no idea why, but it calms me down. ._.

s0nido
August 28th, 2009, 12:59 AM
I stay away from people and try not to talk to anyone, so people know that they have upset me or that I'm upset. Usually, someone will try to confront me and ask me what is wrong, and, after a little coaxing, I end up telling them. It's usually just me and my mood swings, though, so I get over it by the end of the day.

Patchisou Yutohru
August 28th, 2009, 01:43 AM
I listen to rather heavy and depressing music, then grow angry and complain about it to other people who bother to listen.

jb_2999
August 28th, 2009, 04:05 AM
when i'm angry.. i always go to my room and doesn't talk to anyone

Citrinin
August 28th, 2009, 04:05 AM
I've never reached a point so low in my life where I would consider myself "depressed". However, like everyone else I have experienced anger, and the usual method of relieving that anger is to stop whatever the source is. For example, if I become frustrated with a game, I'll stop playing it. If I become frustrated with the irrationality of a parent or teacher, I will appeal to their emotion with rhetoric and at least moderate the illogic. Et cetera.

As for dealing with anger in a situation you cannot evade or change, it's hard, but there's nothing left to do but accept the situation. The only alternative is feeling anger, while still being unable to change the situation.

Jad
August 28th, 2009, 04:13 AM
sometime break stuff
street fight
eat
play pc

sometime break stuff
street fight
eat
play pc

Gold warehouse
August 28th, 2009, 04:29 AM
I don't get angry.
When I'm 'depressed', I do nothing and continue acting as I normally do.

Mew Ichigo
August 28th, 2009, 05:32 AM
Just go up to my room and think about stuff.

HyPeRsHoCk
August 28th, 2009, 08:51 AM
I just keep going through everyday life. I just laugh less, and have less fun. I hate being depressed. :/ I miss the days where I was always happy and hardly felt any emotion. Before I got a gf...

Hyper Chibi Absol
August 28th, 2009, 10:40 AM
When I'm depressed, I give off a solemn look and am completely silent... I don't want to talk verbally at all.

When angry, I mutter to myself and glare, even if it's at nothing.

I'm a very silent person in all...

Jordan
August 28th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Turn up sad music from Clannad and cry my heart out D':. In both cases, I try to distance myself from other people to recover and think about the better things in life.

♣Gawain♣
August 28th, 2009, 05:36 PM
I'll just transfer my anger to a paper. I mean I'll just draw and doodle the source of my anger and rip it in two. If I'm depressed, I'll just sleep.

Yoshimi
August 28th, 2009, 05:41 PM
If I'm angry, I stay angry.
If I'm depressed, I stay depressed.
That's how it is, I just lose steam quickly.

*hylian*sakura*
August 28th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Huh... It's really hard to make me angry. Maybe if someone like, rips off my work. Then that sorta bugs me. But I'd just tell them that's not cool and give them a look. Like my *Really?? That's pretty Laaaame.* expression. I'd prolly be more annoyed than angry though.
When I DO get angry, it's usually at something my mom or bro did. Then I just play my music super loud. Or play my guitar fast and hard. Even better, play my electric guitar turned up crazy high. ^_^ But I do that when I'm happy too.
When I'm depressed... I listen to music as well.
I tend not to show people when I'm emotional. I'm just like that. I'll keep it to myself and learn how to deal with it on my own.

Lo-chan
August 28th, 2009, 07:15 PM
I usually just listen to music or write, sometimes draw. If I'm feeling super upset/angry then I'll just end up crying for a few minutes and just be alone. It's rare for me to get really upset/angry though.

Ash~The Purifying Prince~
August 28th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Hm well, normally if I'm feeling down or something; I either go listen to some music, draw some Pokemon art, watch tv or a Dvd or I play my Nintendo DSi. But sometimes it helps to talk about whats bothering you. Although I will say I rarely do that, I like to deal with things on my own. I recently got my heart broken and for a couple of weeks I was down, but I realized that theres no point in crying over it forever. Its best to just keep moving forwards, no matter how tough things get. ^^

txteclipse
August 28th, 2009, 11:17 PM
I either read, write, draw, or play video games. Good stuff.

.Seth
August 29th, 2009, 12:04 AM
You'd be surprised at how sleep can calm the mind..

Giraffles <3
August 29th, 2009, 05:57 PM
I just listen to music mostly or yell the "F" word incredibly loud a few times and I feel better :3. But I'd be very impressed if you actually were able to make me mad or depressed.

Hamako-chan
August 29th, 2009, 06:02 PM
I lay on my bed and cry feeling sorry for myself
And then fall asleep and then wake up like nothings happened (sometimes xD)

Chloè
August 29th, 2009, 06:50 PM
I listen to Seelenzorn, and throw darts at pictures of people I hate. I also light things on fire.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
August 29th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Sad:
*sobsobsobsob*

Angry:
*COMPLAINCOMPLAINCOMPLAINCOMPLAIN*

...yeah, pretty much that.
XD

mondays suck
August 30th, 2009, 01:36 AM
i play some stupid ego shooters till i feel better, its still better than sitting there and thinking how crappy life is imo

Rich Boy Rob
August 30th, 2009, 02:01 AM
Bottle it up.I just push it down to the back f my mind. If you ask my friends they will tell you it takes a LOT to get me lash out and when I do get angry enough to lash out at someone they're in trouble. Apart from when that happens (which is very rarely) I'm very passive, if I'm at home and get frustrated/depressed I play video games (although that sometimes makes me more frustrated XD).

Guillermo
August 30th, 2009, 02:04 AM
It depends on why I'm angry or sad. I'll usually just talk it off if I'm upset and it takes a lot to get me angry.

Oh, and I usually put on sad music when I'm sad. Music I can relate to.

bit.trip void
August 30th, 2009, 02:08 AM
Whack on the emo music.

~Nobody likes you, everyone left you, where'd you go~