PDA

View Full Version : Whats The Stupidest Thing You Did In Pokemon Leaf Green And Fire Red

koopacrazy
August 14th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Getting The Wrong Vesion Of Leaf Green Without The Gamepak

Revise Librarian
August 14th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Using an Action Replay just to find bad eggs in my PC.

Eggie Poo Poo
August 14th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Actually purchasing Fire Red when I could have used an emulator (it was a pack a got with a GBA, I just wasted like 100+ dollars)

Alli
August 14th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Buying Lemonade and thinking that would get me past the guard to Saffron City.

Velvex the Øverlørd
August 14th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Spending a whole day getting Chansey, and then seeing it's only good stat was HP and that it couldn't kill a level two pidgey with one hit while it was level 45

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 15th, 2009, 05:53 AM

I thought I was the only idiot that did that lol, I don't see why he couldn't just take the lemonade. But when I went to go get the water, it got me really pissed when he said that "I would share this with my other buddies" meaning he would have to get up and anyone could of went into Saffron city. What a lazy and poor bum >=[

Epoxy
August 16th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Wasting all day trying to get a Dratini then I never used it.

Divine~Deoxys
August 16th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Expecting it to be as easy as Emerald and Diamond (lol i just got it when i realised i couldn't get a bulbasaur as i didn't i have wi-fi then).
Spending days after choosing my starter, hunting for wild charmander and squirtle

funny1always
August 16th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Buying like 20 waters to get pass those gaurds in safrron

skorupoke
August 17th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Since Fire Red was my first Pokémon game, I didn't know much about the game. I was about 9 years old (I am 14 now) I defeated all legendaries without knowing I had to capture them...

Tudj
August 17th, 2009, 01:15 AM
I always get Dratini, and i bought it a thousand times at teh game corner (teh earliest way to get it) and on one game it costs around double then the other one, so i sold all my things for the coins, got like 5000, and then realised it was only around 2000, and for a while I was poor and sold all my valuable stuff

Lycaeus
August 17th, 2009, 05:41 AM
Deleting Ivysaur's Razor Leaf (pretty much the best grass attack it can learn early in the game if you ask me) and having to go all the way to Erica with Absorb d:

Zodiac Realm
August 17th, 2009, 06:12 AM
i was deleting afew items and deleted the masterball by mistake:(

Firebird306
September 2nd, 2009, 09:31 PM
Not bothering to catch any Pokemon in my second run through of LG only to realise I need 60 for National. 17 Pokemon owned ftw. :S

Especially since I need to trade my Venusaur over, catch a few of the legends and restart a third time for Squirtles. XD

ShivaDF
September 2nd, 2009, 09:39 PM
Catching Arcticuno on my first run with a MASTERBALL.

Zan
September 2nd, 2009, 10:09 PM
going to the other 4 ilands thinking it was like only lvs 20~30s like the 1st 3 are (what a dumdum, poor POOR team)

Hamako-chan
September 3rd, 2009, 12:14 AM
The time when I thought beating the elite four 100 times would unlock mew.

M4CK_M4YN3
September 3rd, 2009, 03:28 PM
beat the whole game and forgot to get eevee~fire red

tryed to surf on the side of cinnabar haha ~leaf green

WolfWrath
September 3rd, 2009, 10:09 PM
LeafGreen was my first pokemon game and I got it when I was 8, so it was pretty bad:

I thought the ghost Marowak was an impossible to catch legendary, my sister (who had the game briefly before me) named my rival Ash (though I told her 20 times his name is Gary), so on my way to the champion, Lance tells me ASH is the champion so I'm like "Ash, really?", when I get there, I find the Ash imposter named Gary. I really wanted to kick ash's butt that day though=/.....and also again with my sister owning the game for a short time, she got lost deep in Rock Tunnel, with no Flash HM -_-....so I'm wandering around for hours wondering were to go....sad when I finally realized I'll be stuck there forever, so I eventually wander out and find the Flash HM.

D-d-dat's all folks!

Soul Silver
September 6th, 2009, 07:21 AM

Yeah that was the same for me as well. Who knew he had discovered a taste for tea?

PoliStorm
September 6th, 2009, 10:43 AM
I thought that I could catch the Marowak in the Pokemon Tower, so I wasted all my Pokeballs and Great Balls trying to catch it.

Valen
September 6th, 2009, 10:44 AM
wasting my time trying to get a dratini its so weak at its first evolution stage

Air Pichu
September 7th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Wasting time finding Dittos in the fields.

dash!
September 10th, 2009, 06:45 AM
I once sat in school at the computer playing a leafgreen rom. (Our teacher didn't care, bahaha :D) And I saved just after defeating Brock. Then I continued playing, and playing, and playing, and eventually as I was cruising down cycling road my teacher got a phone call, and I guess that whatsisface, who is with the schoolboard and is visiting the school, was on his way down from the office to check up on us. Now, he acually did care that we all did our work, so the teacher was like BEGIN WORKING NOW!!! I simply went and exited the rom without saving.:pink_disbelief:

⋚Raika⋚
September 10th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Migrating all my good pokemon and legendaries to Diamond/Pearl.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
September 11th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Migrating and trading my shiny Muk that I caught in LeafGreen.

Wasting hours in the Safari Zone as my urge to kill rose, only for the sake of getting a few Pokedex entries. Yeah, I'm a completionist, sue me :P

c3rad
September 12th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Probably when I taught my Magmar fire blast a la TM. Then I found out it would have learned it on its next level up.

Porygonz
September 12th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Finding entei while i had a masterball, then my game died before i could save so i haveto find him again

CyanideEspeon
September 12th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Leafgreen was my second main series game, and it took a few seconds to get used to pressing Start instead of Y.

Edit: Oh, and using nothing but my Charizard.

Alli
September 12th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Ummm...playing it? They're seriously my least favorite main game. They're not bad, they're just...I don't know. They're not terrible games, though.

-Trying to find Moltres in Victory Road
- Trying to buy Lemonade to get past the guards and go to Saffron

*~Frost Umbreon~*
September 12th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Trading my Mewtwo over to Emerald, getting it up to level 100 and never using it again. Ever.

And spending a lot of time trying to catch Zapdos and finally catching it with a Pokeball. XD

ProfessorRolly
September 12th, 2009, 08:20 PM
letting my nephew borrow my game and him selling it to his friend at school....

Seadiga
September 12th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Chosing Charmander and thinking i could get past the first two gyms with it.

patch.
September 13th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Ummm...playing it? They're seriously my least favorite main game. They're not bad, they're just...I don't know. They're not terrible games, though.

-Trying to find Moltres in Victory Road
-Trying to buy Lemonade to get past the guards and go to Saffron

This. -sigh-

Took me ages to find out why it wasn't working. >_<

Brendonwii
September 13th, 2009, 12:49 AM
i used the moon stone on niddorino at level 16 and he only learns 2 more moves as niddoking so i rested it

DeeJayFusion
September 14th, 2009, 07:21 AM

HAHA. That's mine also

Also, I used my masterball on a Onix by accident. I had recently bought new Ultra Balls and thought they were still in my first item slot =/

themzr
September 28th, 2009, 11:49 AM
trding a pokemon to someone in the game. but the pokemon i traded had my exp share in it. then i taught aerial ace to my moltres when it was meant for my nidoqueen.

No, you fail
September 28th, 2009, 12:22 PM
well i let my sister play and she got a random shiny encounter and thought she broke my game because it wasn't the normal color and turned it off >.<

PokemonLeagueChamp
September 28th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Ignoring a shiny Zubat.
Trying to beat Brock and Misty with only Charmander(lost SO many times).
Using my Master Ball on Snorlax(followed up by buying a Gameshark to get a Master Ball to catch Mewtwo -_-).

Moltres111
September 29th, 2009, 01:59 AM
Well, I recently played through my friend's FireRed as my own is lost (together with my Ruby and Sapphire games, and my 1st Emerald was stolen - dang thieves! I had like 20 Lv.100s on that game. Including Annoyissey.)

As he wanted Suicune, I had no choice but to choose Charmander for a starter. Pewter Gym went just fine as Charmander learns Metal Claw. But I tried and couldn't beat it yet, so I evolved it into a Charmeleon. When I did that, it went just fine. And then I went to the Cerulean Gym. GOD! It was a nightmare. I had to train my Charmeleon to lv.34. YES, THIRTY-FRIGGING-FOUR to beat that stupid Starmie!!!!

So I ended up having a Lv.40 Charizard when I was at the SS.Anne. X_X X_X X_X

And a Lv.70 Charizard when I came to the Elite Four. I almost only used Charizard for the E4. :S

Fire Wolf
September 29th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Well, I like Dragonite, so I sold nearly all my stuff for 2800 coins for Dratini. my lowest level in the team then was 28. it turned out to be lv18 and i never used it since.

Wiesner
September 29th, 2009, 11:54 PM
My mistake is starting the game again, I'm gonna get so addicted now!

- James

560cool.
September 30th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Ok ... I bought 20 of evvery FreshWater Lemonade and SodaPop for these guyz in Saffron......
Lost 30 days of gaming in Icefall Cave (searching for ARTICUNOOO ) !
Searched 4 Moltres in Victory Road (I read a Red FAQ and it said it is THERE ) .
Killing these : - Shiny Exeggcute
-Shiny Tentacool
-Zapdos

Not CHOOSING a Shiny Squirtle as a Starter (thought it was regular )

Me in 2004 : Stupid Kid who Didn't know how to play well....

Destinyfate
September 30th, 2009, 02:28 PM
The most stupid thing ive ever done was Realse my Arceus Shiny

Orlando
September 30th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Believing my friend who told me that I could find Mew and Mewtwo in the old manchine on cinnabar island in Pokemon Firered. Lol I spent 2 hours searching around the place getting pissed off by tons of raticates. I was too stupid to not remember the repels. ROFL

Apostrophe
September 30th, 2009, 03:50 PM
The most stupid thing ive ever done was Realse my Arceus ShinyArceus was never in FR/LG. Besides, you obviously hacked to get it in the first place, just hack to get it again.

Tyranitarpwnge
October 4th, 2009, 03:46 AM
Like almost every one else said - The lemonade and stupid saffron guy XD

xXI JOE IXx
October 4th, 2009, 03:57 AM
I used a MasterBall on seaking, XD. When I saw Mewtwo I almost died :(

koguryo
October 4th, 2009, 06:47 AM
The Lemonade Guy
Moltres
I also looked for a Magmar in the Pokemon Mansion on Cinnabar.

Ace~Sasaki
October 4th, 2009, 07:22 PM
hunting for wild charmander and squirtle
OKay, I laughed so hard at this. You, hunted for a wild charmander-squirtle? okay...Mine would be...vowing to never play again after trying to get through victory road and then picking it up 2 minutes after and start to play again. It was just funny. :)

Caelus
October 4th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Wasting time trying to get past the guard in Saffron, and sadly the same thing happened in rby (not sure if it was any different there though).

Oh, and catching Moltres with a masterball was pretty stupid for me since I don't have much problems using Ultra balls on it.

Meepman
October 5th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Giving away my mewtwo (yeah I'm that stupid).

Citrinin
October 6th, 2009, 07:10 PM
This. XD;

I was sure I'd be able to do it like on RBY, but nope, the game wouldn't have a bar of it. XD; I was so annoyed. :P

FinalMaster
October 7th, 2009, 01:08 AM
Losing it (I recently received word that it had been found, but in the end it turned out to be someone else's Blue Rescue Team) and only paying attention to my Venesaur on my first file of the game. It was level 100 and I still couldn't beat the elite four the second time through. Also, naming my Bulbasaur 'LeafGreen'. Plus, I was training something up when I encountered a shiny Vulpix. I went straight to my bag... but I forgot to buy any pokeballs XD

hi fi wi fi
October 30th, 2009, 09:50 PM
I hadnt played my firered in about a month so i decided to play it and i thought hmmmm level 100 charizard i think ill transfer that to my diamond. Well i had to fly somewhere for something because walking there would waste alot of time. I didnt feel like getting my pokemon that knows fly out of pc so taught it to charizard used fly. Found out i cant trade a pokemon that knows hm moves. I thought i was reaaaaaaly stupid =\

ριє™
November 1st, 2009, 04:06 AM
I Caught A Ratatta In A Master Ball >.<
Wish I Had Saved It For The Legends -.-

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
November 1st, 2009, 07:41 AM
I hadnt played my firered in about a month so i decided to play it and i thought hmmmm level 100 charizard i think ill transfer that to my diamond. Well i had to fly somewhere for something because walking there would waste alot of time. I didnt feel like getting my pokemon that knows fly out of pc so taught it to charizard used fly. Found out i cant trade a pokemon that knows hm moves. I thought i was reaaaaaaly stupid =\

Take him to the Move Deleter and get rid of Fly. Problem solved! =)

As for me...transfering all of what I thought were my 'good' Pokémon to my Platinum, and then discovering they were all Level 30 and rubbish. XD I restarted the game.

rndm.
November 1st, 2009, 12:18 PM
Here:

Using my Master Ball on a Tentacool

Fainting all legendaries

Leveling my team to 70-80 in Victory Road just to get past Elite Four

Randomly using all one time only TMs

Getting full national dex and other stuff so I really can't start over and undo all stupid stuff

SCV058
November 2nd, 2009, 01:41 PM
Using my Master Ball by accident on some random poke and not realizing till after I had saved-

Amore
November 2nd, 2009, 01:48 PM
Only levelling up Dragonite, so i now only have two pokes on my team:

Lv.80 Adamant Male Dragonite (only male on my entire team, aaargh!!)
Lv.68 Jolly Female Furret (was on exp. share)

I have yet to defeat the Elite Four 2nd time.

Still, i have a Lv.70 Jolly Mewtwo!

Silhouette
November 2nd, 2009, 02:01 PM
Starting a new game on my file that I finished the Kanto Dex was by far the stupidest thing I have done.

Teh Blazer
November 2nd, 2009, 10:08 PM
My stories are pretty sad...

- Selling my Masterball (for what I thought was 9999999 bucks), only to find out five minutes later that you get ZERO money from selling it.

- Looking for a Magmar, in FireRed! Wasted 2 hours of my life.

- Used my last Pokeball to catch a Zubat (I got annoyed by them so I decided to enslave them!) and my next encounter was a SHINY Golbat. Life just hurts.

Live Update King
November 3rd, 2009, 07:42 AM
Using cheats to fill the pokedex because I cant be bothered to trade :)

mynightmare
November 3rd, 2009, 02:04 PM
getting leafgreen instead of firered. most my favorites are ones that you can't get on leafgreen. XD

ShadowForce_G
November 4th, 2009, 03:09 AM
Having trouble with national dex.
Story:
I new game my leafgreen and defeat E4, then restart the game, continue, and "now, what must I do?", "OH, sevii island" (searching sapphire and ruby mission), "how do I go there?", "OH, National Dex!", "WHAT? My pokedex still the old pokedex?", "how do I upgrade my pokedex?" and then I talk to Prof. Oak and nothing happened. "Last time I played it, the pokedex automatically upgraded...". So, I travel the region, waste many precious time, next day I ask to my friend, he said "You must caught at least 60 pokemon", (I just have 26 pokemon, too lazy), then I caught as many as possible, include useless pokemon, then went to sevii island!

Fire Wolf
November 4th, 2009, 04:51 AM
My stories are pretty sad...

- Selling my Masterball (for what I thought was 9999999 bucks), only to find out five minutes later that you get ZERO money from selling it.

I think you can't sell MasterBall? The man in the PokeMart refuses to take it...

BoreanWolf
November 4th, 2009, 07:54 AM
At the battle against Green/Blue/Gary, both of us had one pokémon left. And so I decided to use Hyper Beam on his Tyranitar.

I'll leave the rest to your imagination >:

VeganMacAndCheese
November 5th, 2009, 04:28 AM
The Lemonade Guy
Moltres
I also looked for a Magmar in the Pokemon Mansion on Cinnabar.

You don't find Magmar there? o____O Where do you find them then, I've been going crazy looking for one T_T

koguryo
November 5th, 2009, 05:15 AM
You don't find Magmar there? o____O Where do you find them then, I've been going crazy looking for one T_T

Apparently in Leaf Green, its location was moved over to Mt. Ember.

VeganMacAndCheese
November 5th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Apparently in Leaf Green, its location was moved over to Mt. Ember.

SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT. D:

HooblerGoobler
November 5th, 2009, 03:48 PM
>.> I caught a Shiny Vulpix and restarted without trading it over to another game!!! T,T I hate myself for doing that...still...

PokemonLeagueChamp
November 5th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Waste $500 on a stupid Magikarp.

Trying to catch Mewtwo with 3 Ultra Balls and 22 Great Balls.

Challenging E4 with mainly Pokes under LVL 40.

Just fail Fail FAIL!!!!

Gimmepienow
November 8th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Since FireRed was my first Pokemon game and I was about 7 or 8 and I was looking in my PC and thought the "Release" selection meant it would release the Pokemon out of the pokeball and it would follow you around. All of my good Pokemon went byebye...

emimcg123
November 8th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Mine was also buying lemonade and thinking it would let me through the security gates lol

AliceBlaze
November 8th, 2009, 12:26 PM
I caught a shiny Bellsprout in Leafgreen then I migrated it to Platinum but I forgot to trade it over to Emerald and clone it first.

Since FireRed was my first Pokemon game and I was about 7 or 8 and I was looking in my PC and thought the "Release" selection meant it would release the Pokemon out of the pokeball and it would follow you around. All of my good Pokemon went byebye...
I did the same thing lol.

Haruka of Hoenn
November 8th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Saving after I defeated the legendary birds. I almost saved after killing Mewtwo at the end of the game, but only then did I realize that I could save before I battled the Pokemon and soft reset if I accidentally killed it! :P

SIN1488
November 8th, 2009, 01:23 PM
When I first played through the game, I transfered all my good pokemon over to Diamond. Only to realize I had no pokeballs left and nothing to fight trainers to earn pokedollars to buy pokeballs. So I couldn't catch a bunch of things I still needed for my pokedex in Diamond. I learned from my mistake the next time I played through at least :D

Klofkac
November 10th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Stupidest? It's simple. Trying to complete national dex. Pokemon from jotho = epic lose!

Game Over1375
November 10th, 2009, 09:55 AM
The dumbest thing I ever did?

Hmm... I tried to get a Crobat, thinking I could have one before I got to Misty. I got a Zubat and trained it to level freaking 42, thus leading to me having a Golbat, and it did not freaking evolve! I was getting mad, so I threw it into a PC. After the Elite Four, I raised it one level, and it evolved.

I'm still mad about that. Took me forever...

hourai
November 11th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Hmm I only make my Six starter Pokemon Evolved :D

GFA
November 11th, 2009, 05:26 PM
@ hourai: That's unreadable

Anyway, .... Turning my DS of after catching Snorlax, I was playing in the second slot

Lycaeus
November 11th, 2009, 06:35 PM
It happened today actually lol. I made my way through Rock Tunnel just to realize I had forgotten to battle Lt. Surge D:
So I'm gunna go get my Rainbow Badge and such, then maybe trek back through and get that sucker xD

Agent Cobalt
November 11th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Selling my LeafGreen forgetting I had a shiny Marill on it.

AuraAshley
November 12th, 2009, 05:20 AM
killed a shiny entei on accident

BlueShuckle
November 12th, 2009, 09:28 AM
I killed a shiny Raikou accidentaly. V_V
I got so excited about it, then I critical hit it with a Surf attack and it died.

AuraAshley
November 13th, 2009, 05:14 AM
Used the wrong attack on accident on lance when i was about to beat him then he beat me

Prince_of_Light
November 13th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Saving in seafoam island and wandering aimlessly until I solved the flippin' boulder puzzle. -_-;;

Nikorasu
November 14th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Calling up nintendo (this was costing money) saying that my game was errored cause i couldnt catch mewtwo after the elite 4. He replies: 'There are other things you have to do before you can catch him'
Before i rang nintendo i had already restarted a new game 2 times.

GlitchCity
November 14th, 2009, 03:08 PM
releasing my zapdos by accident :X

benthekid
November 14th, 2009, 03:14 PM
raising my starter to level 100 but keeping my others at the level i caught them

The Girl Once named Tracie
November 15th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Trading a pokemon that was holding the masterball

DarkAlucard
November 15th, 2009, 08:58 PM
i used the moon stone on niddorino at level 16 and he only learns 2 more moves as niddoking so i rested it

i always did this, but instead level 16 i evolve him in level 23

Venusaur♣
November 16th, 2009, 03:22 PM
I didn't catch the shiny Pidgy :[

PhantomDraco
November 16th, 2009, 09:48 PM
As Fire Red was my first Pokemon game, I spent hours leveling up a Pidgey, because I wanted a flying type. Then I remembered that I picked Charmander as my starter, and that evolves into the flying type Charizard.

Arcta
November 17th, 2009, 11:48 AM
b.u.m.p just here to help people bump :)