PDA

View Full Version : ~*!*~ DO YOU LIKE TO IMITATE PEOPLE? ~*!*~

~*!*~GavZ~*!*~
August 14th, 2009, 07:32 PM
So I've seen so many people do it. Seems kind of mean but it can be fun I guess.
So do you imitate people? Be it imitating them by what they say or even what they do. Do you like to imitate people even jokingly? Personally I don't like to. =/

Citrinin
August 14th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Your username suggests otherwise. ;o *bricked*

But seriously, no. I don't like to imitate either jokingly or seriously. The reason I don't do it jokingly is because it's incredibly annoying. The reason I don't try to model myself off someone else is because I aspire to be my own person. :<

Gummy
August 14th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Omg you just won the game xDD

I'm usually not one to imitate people since it's a pet peeve of mine to be overly compared to someone else. So please, if you don't mind, let me be myself~

Dr. Octogonapus
August 14th, 2009, 07:46 PM
omg you just lost the game DDx

I'm usually the one to imitate people since it's a closet enjoyment of mine to overly compare people to someone else. So please, if you don't mind, I see what you did there~

Scytheteen
August 14th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Omg you just won the game xDD

I'm usually not one to imitate people since it's a pet peeve of mine to be overly compared to someone else. So please, if you don't mind, let me be myself~

...yeah I like imitating people XD

.little monster
August 14th, 2009, 08:12 PM
No, I find it immature. But I also find irritating people immature and I still do that. <3

Star★Seeker
August 14th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Not really. Unless it for comic purposes, then yes. I'd rather stay the way I am than try to imitate somebody else.

Jude Mathis
August 14th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Nah.. I don't generally imitate people unless it's for the lulz.

Online-wise, if someone uses an emote I like, I might steal it and start using it because it's awesome.. but personality-wise, nah.

Loki
August 14th, 2009, 09:28 PM
I love imitating people.
Especially when it's extremely offending or mean to them.
I know I'm a bad person. D:

But like, when I'm closing a thread and someone has just been a total arse to someone else, I'll usually imitate the jerk and stomp all over his self-confidence for impact.
I hate people who walk over others and yet deserve to be walked on themselves. D:
[/might be hypocritical about this, but hypocrites make the world go round]

COURSE I DON'T DO THIS REGULARLY SO...
DON'T THINK I'M LIKE THE MOST HORRIBLE PERSON EVER. <A< [/though it's bad that I do it in general]
I only do this to people who have seriously offended me with their behavior. xD;;;

Soul Eater
August 14th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Sometimes I do imitate what my parents say. I guess I do it sometimes to joke but... I don't know. I mean I also repeat things from movies and tv shows out of the blue as well soooo... yeah. XD

Rokusasu
August 15th, 2009, 02:30 AM
I like to imitate people jokingly, because part of who I am likes to make people laugh. I also cosplay, so yeah. o; I imitate fictional characters too. XD

bit.trip void
August 15th, 2009, 02:33 AM
~*!*~I NVR IMIT8 PPL, BELIEVE IT!~*!*~

bit.trip void
August 15th, 2009, 02:37 AM
:'D, I hate to break it to you, but this word, IMITATE, means "copy", or "mimic".

k1ng0fh3artz
August 15th, 2009, 02:40 AM
haha im slow i thought it said intimidate :D

imitaTING PEOPLE IS IMMITURE :p like..... ME! tahah nah im just for sumreason hyped up idk whats wrong im not on drugs.... anymore

The Red Chain
August 15th, 2009, 03:04 AM
imitaTING PEOPLE IS IMMITURE :p

... Immature. o_e

When I think someone deserves it, yes.
As in, when someone is acting really brainless I like to mock them. >:
Though.. that's more of an evil form of imitation..
-smash'd in the face-

Route 18
August 15th, 2009, 03:27 AM
No, I don't like to imitate people, since it's annoying after a while. I'm not one to copy anyone else.

Alexithymia~
August 15th, 2009, 03:31 AM
I don't imitate people on purpose. I find that if I'm around someone a lot, I start to do a lot of the things they do, unknowingly~
I don't know, constantly being with someone.. I just seem to pick up on a few things they do, and do them myself.

k1ng0fh3artz
August 15th, 2009, 03:34 AM
i only imitate to make jokes and it seems to work well :D

Reminiscing
August 15th, 2009, 03:52 AM
I'm imitate the people that annoys me.

Captain Hobo.
August 15th, 2009, 04:27 AM
Somtimes i do it depends on what they say.

abnegation
August 15th, 2009, 05:41 AM
Hmm well this is a tough one. I Really wouldn't it just seems like too much effort for such a silly little thing. But then again if someone was annoying or something I guess I might do it in a polite way to show what they are doing that is annoying if that makes sense. Only for the benifet of them and other people of course.

ReyRey-Pyon
August 15th, 2009, 05:51 AM
/thinks

Yeah. alot, alot
for the lulz. I know its immature but...I am immature xD;;
I do immature things, Its how I am :>

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 15th, 2009, 06:36 AM
So I've seen so many people do it. Seems kind of mean but it can be fun I guess.
So do you imitate people? Be it imitating them by what they say or even what they do. Do you like to imitate people even jokingly? Personally I don't like to. =/

ummmm................. then why do you have................... ummm forget it not worth mentioning as a matter of fact I feel very honored :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Also if your going to imitate me, how about you start writing in all purple and arial narrow

I love doing it, most of the time its immature but who cares xD

Cassino
August 15th, 2009, 07:51 AM
No, hence my reply is not written as '~*!*~No~*!*~'.

Zorua
August 15th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Um...not really; I don't find a good reason to do anything like that. o_o It's sorta unethical for me, unless I'm really frustrated/pissed, but even then, that's pretty rare.

Naruto Uzumaki
August 15th, 2009, 08:26 AM
I don't liek to either. Its kinda stalkerish if you think about it =/

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 15th, 2009, 10:17 PM
ummmm................. then why do you have................... ummm forget it not worth mentioning as a matter of fact I feel very honored :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Also if your going to imitate me, how about you start writing in all purple and arial narrow

I love doing it, most of the time its immature but who cares xDI knew you'd notice this sooner or later. :D

Yeah, sometimes I imitate people just to see them squirm. Or something like that. But for the most part, I like to be original which is why I changed my name...

Donnie
August 15th, 2009, 11:45 PM
every now and then i imitate some of my friends for a good laugh
otherwise, no

X-626
August 15th, 2009, 11:52 PM
every now and then i imitate some of my friends for a good laugh
otherwise, noYeah, like me.

No, I don't. I may every so often imitate a certain person, but other than that, I prefer not to.

Halcyon
August 17th, 2009, 12:21 AM
Dear threadstarter, your name is attractive.

I think I only imitate boring teachers. ;P

Anxiety.
August 17th, 2009, 09:23 AM
I imitate people as a joke, but I don't do it to piss them off. I'll only do it if I know the other person will laugh.

Graceful
August 17th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Ok if people are mean or being mean to my friends I imitate people just with my mates.

Avey
August 17th, 2009, 09:50 AM
~*!*~SOMETIMES I IMITATE PEOPLE FOR THE LULZ~*!*~

Cherrim
August 17th, 2009, 11:08 AM
...I was very impressionable growing up (and still am) so a lot of my personality quirks actually sort of come from other people. :( Like, I'll see how someone types and like it, so I'll slowly start to imitate that until I've gotten comfortable enough with it that it's natural to me and feels right. This usually just applies minor things like smilies or acronyms but there are other things--the reason I don't type all in chatspeak is from imitating my friend who typed properly on the computer back when we were 11. So... I definitely imitate others, just in a subtle enough way that it doesn't really seem like it, haha.

But I will definitely do it on a more blatant scale for some laughs sometimes. :D

Mewtwo42
August 17th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Sometimes I imitate people without knowing it.
Otherwise, I never try.

SonicThrust
August 18th, 2009, 09:00 PM
I do, at times, imitate my friends to joke with them and sometimes it sticks >u<.

Michii
August 19th, 2009, 10:06 AM
I imitate my friends as a joke, but almost never seriously. I'm not one of those people that mockingly imitates people when I'm angry (which in itself is rare). Though I do imitate people when it comes to their mannersomes. I pick them up and use them myself. A friend's certain laugh, another's outfit style, another's string of curse words when irritated XD.

xxxLatiasxxx
August 19th, 2009, 01:48 PM
No not really I don't like to imitate people.

Caelus
August 19th, 2009, 07:02 PM
If I'm mad at someone I might imitate them when they are not around, but I tend to avoid that.

A lot of times I might imitate something cool I saw on TV (Nothing risky; I don't bother with those).

Oh, and I might imitate my friends, but not to get them angry or anything.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
August 19th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Sometimes. If it's easy. Like- if they have some huge, noticeable thing they do that can easily be made fun of. XD

Royal Squirt
August 21st, 2009, 04:25 PM
I'm not a fan of imitating people. If I find myself saying someone else's catchphrase I'll probably stop saying it :P

Idiot!
August 21st, 2009, 11:04 PM
Yes, only as a joke, and nothing more.

Signomi
August 22nd, 2009, 12:24 AM
Sometimes the way people act can actually sink into the way I act, I'd take that however I may just to see if it would be beneficial or not, but I wouldn't outright imitate somebody unless it would be, for the sake of the topic, for fun. Most of the time it is just for fun but on a serious basis I'd just stay true to myself than to copy anybody else.

Arago
August 22nd, 2009, 12:59 AM
Imitating people? I don't do it on purposely. On most of the occasions when people think I'm imitating them, a habit just develops from being around them too much. But... no, I don't think I imitate people, or like to do so. I feel rather annoying when I even start thinking that I'm imitating someone else.

Druid
August 22nd, 2009, 03:45 PM
No, the last time I tried imitating somebody it didn't end well. I'm better at being myself.

Firebird306
August 24th, 2009, 12:13 AM
I love to imitate people in a joking way with my friends, althought I fail miserably and they take me seriously and/or have no clue who or what I'm imitating. -.-

Obviously certains traits growing on you because of who you hang out with but I don't intentionally try to act like someone else in my every day life. <.<

ShinjisLover
August 24th, 2009, 12:16 AM
No, I don't like imitating people. =/ Unless it's just to get on their nerves. Then I will. XD