PDA

View Full Version : Popularity: The only way to live a good life

.little monster
August 14th, 2009, 08:58 PM
..not really.

Are you popular (anywhere)? Are you not popular? Do you simply not care?

Simple~

Star★Seeker
August 14th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Not really. I used too when I was much younger, but now I simply can't stand most of my male classmates, they're so dumb and immature, and most are wannabe gangsters. I'm pretty popular with the girls(in a non-romantic manner) and I'm always hanging out with them.

.little monster
August 14th, 2009, 09:06 PM
I am not popular, but honestly I couldn't care less.

Loki
August 14th, 2009, 09:33 PM
I hang out with the popular kids, but I myself am not particularly popular in the definition of having a lot of friends or being well-liked by the general populous of my school.
[/I'm kind of the headstrong person who can be nice if I like you, but am a complete arse if I don't like you. Therefore, most of the people I don't like, naturally don't like me either.]

I personally am the type who cares about certain things, and I strive to fit into the social demands of hanging out with the people I do. As for making multitudes of people like me however, I have long given up on that, because I just have a bad personality and I don't like hanging out with people outside of school. xD [/it's a hassle]

Jack O'Neill
August 14th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Back in the day, I could have been considered reasonably popular, but I just didn't give a damn.

Bianca Paragon
August 14th, 2009, 09:42 PM
I never really was the popular kid at school; I had my small circle of friends and that was enough for me. I've been at the height of popularity at times in my life; and in the pit of solitude at other times and I think it's really about what makes you happy. Enough friends that you can give them all the love and affection they deserve without neglecting them? I think that's the winning formula.

Sora
August 14th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Nope. Not popular. But of course, I don't care if I am or not. xD Just as long as I have my little group of friends~

twocows
August 14th, 2009, 09:52 PM
I don't care, and really it's been a non-issue since early high school. I don't even think there exists such a thing as popularity on a college campus. Or maybe I'm just too sheltered, who knows.

Ruphire
August 14th, 2009, 09:57 PM
I guess I'd considered myself popular.

I have a wide variety of friends, but honestly, I don't know what makes someone popular anymore.

Aurafire
August 14th, 2009, 10:03 PM
I don't care about popularity...I'm content with the way my high school years went and I'm content with the friends I have now, so any social hierarchy means nothing to me.

Thundєr
August 14th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Neither one nor the other, I have my group of friends an' stuff, but I'm not interested in being popular. I'm fine like that.

Wings Don't Cry
August 14th, 2009, 11:54 PM
It depends where you live and sometimes your gender.

In a first world country, if you're naturally popular because of the way you look then you're set for life. Some people work their ass off to gain their popularity and that ain't such a good life.

People in third world countries that don't care about popularity are more satisfied with their life than most people in countries like American and Britain etc..

Popularity does matter I guess, sometimes at school I say a joke and everyone says you're not funny, then a popular kid says the same joke 5 min later and now you have the comedian of the century.

Signomi
August 15th, 2009, 01:16 AM
There appears to already be a thread on this in Other Chat.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=185307

~Closed