PDA

View Full Version : Question: Quote Pyramids/"Shrinkies"

Redstar
August 16th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Why aren't quote pyramids automatically formed when quoting, and if there is a problem on my part in understanding this particular forum's use of said feature how can I make it happen?

Ausaudriel
August 16th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Quotes inside of other quotes are removed 'cause they're annoying and take up a lot of room. >_<

Redstar
August 16th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Well they're very helpful because that way I don't have to dig back five pages to follow a single conversation. Just that not everyone on the Internet knows how they're appropriately used, so I guess that's fair.

.Seth
August 16th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Although this is a bit unrelated to the topic at hand >.< ...
Let's do this with spoilers. The "auto-removal if there's one in the other".

beauty. proletariat
August 17th, 2009, 03:27 AM
Hmm I think quote pyramids should be put back in (like in PMs) but that they should all automatically be in quote spoilers.

In long discussions some people may have a good idea but because they have to go back pages and pages just to see what was said; they may not have a chance to give their two-cents.

Cherrim
August 17th, 2009, 04:18 AM
._. I'm seconding the "they're annoying, don't put them back in" sentiment. If you quote properly (ie with the actual quote bottom), it'll add a little arrow next to the "Originally posted by..." text that you can click to go to the original post. It's a little more cumbersome than just reading the whole thing straight through in a quote pyramid but it takes up so much less space.