PDA

View Full Version : Restarting the Pair Up Thread

Togepi4eva
October 6th, 2004, 04:07 AM
Purin and I think it'd be a good idea to remake the Pairup and Romance thread. The current one is kind of spammy and some of the people on the list aren't active anymore. Starting it over might make it less spammy and will give us the chance to remake the list so only the active members will be in it. People would post in the new thread saying who they're paired with or if they want to pair up. It'll have a fresh start that would hopefully make it better. So I made this thread to see what others thought and to know if we could restart it.

Purin
October 6th, 2004, 04:13 AM
I have the same thoughts as Togepi.
The male's list is especially long, making it seem that there weren't enough females to pair up with.

Eliana
October 6th, 2004, 04:17 AM
If only we could have dont that to the crush thread.....*sigh* well I suppose its a good idea....might as well do it before its to late.

Legendary_Pokegirl
October 6th, 2004, 04:25 AM
I guess we can try it, but it might be a little hard sorting out who is still active and stuff. =/ Not to mention the other thread is beginning to be one of our biggest threads.

Purin
October 6th, 2004, 04:27 AM
I guess we can try it, but it might be a little hard sorting out who is still active and stuff. =/ Not to mention the other thread is beginning to be one of our biggest threads.
I think it's going to be like "everyone reapplies" thing.

Cradle Of Filth
October 6th, 2004, 04:48 AM
shouldn't we have a poll on this matter?

Togepi4eva
October 6th, 2004, 04:49 AM
That's a good idea, I should have thought of that when I made this thread.

Zapchu
October 6th, 2004, 04:51 AM
That's a good idea...the male list is getting a bit too long, and some of them might not even be active anymore.

Togepi4eva
October 6th, 2004, 04:54 AM
That's a good idea...the male list is getting a bit too long, and some of them might not even be active anymore.
Exactly, that's one of the reason we want to start it over.

Cherrim
October 6th, 2004, 04:56 AM
I'm all for it. I bet half the pairs on that list don't even come here anymore or something. o_O;;

We're due for a reset anyway. :x

Eliana
October 6th, 2004, 05:02 AM
Yup! Now who should make the new thread......^^

Toothache
October 6th, 2004, 05:04 AM
I think Togepi4eva should be the one to restart it, since she brought up the issue.

Purin
October 6th, 2004, 05:04 AM
Maybe a condition could be that at least one of the pairs must still be active at PC. It's like honouring your other pair, but if the remaining pair doesn't want to be paired up with the other anymore, because the other is inactive, he/she can choose not to put the names back on the paired list, and can apply for the waiting list.
Togepi should have the honour to restart it, I agree.

TRIFORCE89
October 6th, 2004, 05:14 AM
I'm all for it. I bet half the pairs on that list don't even come here anymore or something. o_O;;

We're due for a reset anyway. :x
Yep, I agree. It'd be able to see who actually still wants to be paired, and who don't.

Please no unpaired list this time.

Purin
October 6th, 2004, 05:15 AM
Please no unpaired list this time.
Why not? *is confused*

raveberuk
October 6th, 2004, 05:21 AM
What is this Pairing stuff? I dont get it? I an kinda a newbie so help me? :dead:

Rave :cool:

Purin
October 6th, 2004, 05:23 AM
What is this Pairing stuff? I dont get it? I an kinda a newbie so help me? :dead:

Rave :cool:
No problem, I'll explain.
It's something done in fun. You pair up with someone of a different gender, although some people do otherwise. People usually assume that pairs are in love, but it's not always like that. People can pair up for absolutely any reasons.

raveberuk
October 6th, 2004, 05:27 AM
Kewl... Anyone wanna pairup with me, the DoDoMaStEr :confused: :confused: ?

Rave :disappoin

Toothache
October 6th, 2004, 05:42 AM
raveberuk, wait until the Pairup thread is restarted and post in there :-)

And I'm in agreement with Triforce89, restarting the Pairup thread is a good idea, but removing the unpaired list is a necessity.

Purin
October 6th, 2004, 06:07 AM
And I'm in agreement with Triforce89, restarting the Pairup thread is a good idea, but removing the unpaired list is a necessity.
How will the ones who want to pair up know whoever will be interested to pair up with them?

Toothache
October 6th, 2004, 06:14 AM
Well, you can speak to people over PM, you know. The pairup thread is not the only place for chatting to new people. :-)

Purin
October 6th, 2004, 06:16 AM
Well, you can speak to people over PM, you know. The pairup thread is not the only place for chatting to new people. :-)
I don't really know, but without the list, I foresee that unprepared people will be soon getting irritating, unwanted messages from people asking them to pair up with them.

Taki
October 6th, 2004, 07:13 AM
I agree with Purin... There's no point on deleting the unpaired list XD

Castrainer
October 6th, 2004, 07:51 AM
Thats a very good idea... I agree compeltely with Aunt Puri and Togepi...
Well... Who will start it? Or is it already started?

Taki
October 6th, 2004, 07:56 AM
Oh, yeah, you're right Casty... Who and when is it going to start??

Lol, Casty, we both have Chobits avatars XD

Purin
October 6th, 2004, 08:02 AM
It will be started by Togepi4eva. She brought up the idea first. Let's wait for her to be online soon.
Thats a very good idea... I agree compeltely with Aunt Puri and Togepi...
Well... Who will start it? Or is it already started?
Since when did I became an aunty? XD

Castrainer
October 6th, 2004, 08:08 AM
It will be started by Togepi4eva. She brought up the idea first. Let's wait for her to be online soon.

Since when did I became an aunty? XD

Okay XD

Since when ya paired up with Uncle Fixi XD

Purin
October 6th, 2004, 08:11 AM
Okay XD

Since when ya paired up with Uncle Fixi XD
Oh ya, I forgot that's his nick ^^;;
So now I've got three nicknames: Aunt Puri, Pudding and Purin XD

Taki
October 6th, 2004, 08:15 AM
Lol, you became an auntie,Purin! XD
Castyyyyy!!! Can we be twins? Lol, I know, it's not on topic, but can we? XD

Castrainer
October 6th, 2004, 08:16 AM
Oh ya, I forgot that's his nick ^^;;
So now I've got three nicknames: Aunt Puri, Pudding and Purin XD

Purin (Jigglypuff) Pudin? Sounds yummy~ >=d XD

Castyyyyy!!! Can we be twins? Lol, I know, it's not on topic, but can we? XD

XD
Im already "twined" ^^;

Taki
October 6th, 2004, 08:30 AM
Lol, I know, but we can be triplets adn we could ask PIKA2 if you want XD

Edit: Back to topic... Why don't you do the updating tomorrow since today there is DF's wedding? XD

William
October 6th, 2004, 09:00 AM
Im for the restarting of the thread...the other has alot of posts...people dont care to go through all that reading.

But I find that the unpaired list is a nessity needed to help the paired list. Cause if they see someone on the unpaired list than they might PM that person to see if it may worked to be paired. But I guess yall already have everything planned out so dont mind me.

pichugirl
October 6th, 2004, 10:01 AM
Hi everyone it's pichugirl.

Castrainer
October 6th, 2004, 10:08 AM
Hi pichugirl! Do ya know yar post was competely useless? XD

Lol, I know, but we can be triplets adn we could ask PIKA2 if you want XD

Dont know really... I'll have to wait till Jeremy gets online...

Togepi4eva
October 6th, 2004, 10:32 AM
Sorry, was at work. I'll make the new one now. ^_^

Castrainer
October 6th, 2004, 10:38 AM
Sorry, was at work. I'll make the new one now. ^_^

Zankyu~
Now I ask myself... Shouldnt it get a sticky?

Kairi
October 6th, 2004, 11:19 AM
I don’t think it needs a sticky, it’s just another thread more or less. Same could be said about DCC I s’pose, but eh. @@;

I’m for getting rid of the unpaired list. How often did someone practically use it? Not very much right? How many people just got on the list and made no effort to contact someone else on the list? Almost all of them.

So I think pairing should be done on a case-by-case thing. If someone comes in asking to be paired, work with them. That’d help it from *ahem* going roleplay and off-topic, and would get rid of that daunting useless list.
I also think the king/queen/whatever stuff is a little needless, only one that really would be different would be married couples or something.

--Just ideas.

Togepi4eva
October 6th, 2004, 11:26 AM
If there's no unpaired list then people won't know what other people want to pair up. And helping people makes the person they're helping lazy. I agree the gods, royalty, and stuff like that aren't really necessary but I think they were added for fun. And since it's always on the first page of threads, it doesn't really need to be stickied. Same with DCC.

Kairi
October 6th, 2004, 11:54 AM
But 99% they don’t know the people on the list and don’t want to pair with them anyways. Pairing is supposed to be about pairing up with people you’re already friends or girl/boyfriends with, more than just name matching no? @_@;

Gardy
October 6th, 2004, 11:59 AM
a new thread seems lik a good idea and lik zapchu said the males list is long >> and lik kairi yea the *queen/king/mistress* stuff is worthless I don't really get it either XD but whatever the desicon is I'm okay with it.

*~Ashley~*
October 6th, 2004, 11:59 AM
I agree with Abby... the unpaired lists aren't necessary. The whole idea is to get to know someone better first... not just add your name to the list to get paired with someone you don't know at all just to have something to put in your sig. And all those other categories seem pointless as well... but then again, the last time the unpaired list was removed it ended up coming back again anyway...

Cherrim
October 6th, 2004, 12:00 PM
We tried getting rid of the unpaired list already. It doesn't work. =\ There will always be desperate n00bs who feel the need to be paired - yet they won't take initiative to ask people, so they want to take the lazy way and put themselves on a big useless list. Maybe it makes them feel better about themselves. *shrugs*

And yes, PLEASE can we get rid of those stupid categories at the top of the list. -_-;; They're completely useless and half of them aren't even filled... they're just sitting there. o_O;

Togepi4eva
October 6th, 2004, 12:01 PM
I agree but it's still nice to have the unpaired list since some people might see their friends on it. And part of the reason the unpaired part was kind of annoying is because the list was bunched together. The different parts were separated by lines and the name of the parts had ~ around them. I spaced between the parts and bolded and underlined the name of the parts to make the list easier to read.

TRIFORCE89
October 6th, 2004, 12:07 PM
And yes, PLEASE can we get rid of those stupid categories at the top of the list. -_-;; They're completely useless and half of them aren't even filled... they're just sitting there. o_O;
Oh, yes. I mean, how on Earth does one become a Duke (not Dutch! Stop saying Dutch!) and Duchess (not T)?!??! O_o Yeah, I think the titles hould go...although I think that "Married Couples" and "Engaged Couples" should stay (or at the least, just married). There is a wedding thread, right? Might as well just keep those two.

Cherrim
October 6th, 2004, 12:09 PM
I think keeping the Engaged and Married lists would be fine. They don't take up much room and they're fairly important. It's just titles like... "King and Queen"? o_O Of what!?

<<;

Kairi
October 6th, 2004, 12:14 PM
Ehh, I guess so @ the unpaired list.
Yeah, as long as those other categories go it shouldn’t be *too* overwhelming.
*gets to propose to pair with Sawah again, yay~ <3*

Togepi4eva
October 6th, 2004, 12:14 PM
The extra sections are just to make it more interesting. They're not necessary but they're a fun thing to have. And they don't take up too much room.

Cherrim
October 6th, 2004, 12:16 PM
Well, then can we at least remove the empty ones? o_O

seraphim
October 6th, 2004, 12:17 PM
I agree with Abby... the unpaired lists aren't necessary. The whole idea is to get to know someone better first... not just add your name to the list to get paired with someone you don't know at all just to have something to put in your sig. And all those other categories seem pointless as well... but then again, the last time the unpaired list was removed it ended up coming back again anyway...
heheh...oops... ^^; well, it worked out anyway...masquerainmistress is almost just like me, but not me....i hope... :paranoid:

Togepi4eva
October 6th, 2004, 12:20 PM
Most of them are empty since the list was started over. :P

Cherrim
October 6th, 2004, 12:21 PM
*blinks* Well, let's discuss this in the actual Pair Up thread now, shall we? o_O; It's reopened (obviously~).

*closes*

aRedMoon
October 6th, 2004, 12:22 PM
*was actually for the idea that the first post would have the paired list, then the second one could have the unpaired*

Meh, I'm too late though...