PDA

View Full Version : do you like thunder storms

togetic11
August 18th, 2009, 03:14 AM
do you like thunder storms poll i personally love them!!!!♥♥♥♥♥

Poke'man Arceus
August 18th, 2009, 03:20 AM
I don't mind them personally its only when u get the big storms and the windows rattle >.< lol think they're going to break

.little monster
August 18th, 2009, 03:29 AM
There should be a "I don't mind" option instead of two that are basically the same. :|

I don't care about average thunderstorms. I love severe ones. I hate tornadoes. : 3

dotKarma
August 18th, 2009, 05:25 AM
Any thunderstorm is fun for me. I just sit on my front porch and watch it rain down.

.Wolfie-kun.
August 18th, 2009, 05:29 AM
They used to scare me years ago, but now I'm not fussed - sometimes their fun to watch :3

>Feelings<
August 18th, 2009, 05:56 AM
Most of the times I like them a lot, specially with the rain they bring along.

Cherrim
August 18th, 2009, 06:15 AM
I love thunderstorms. So much.

If it's a really good one, I'll turn out all the lights and just sit down by a window to watch the lightning. Don't care for the thunder as much (unless it's a quiet rumble or super impressive) but the lightning. I love it! :D Surprisingly, my love for thunderstorms has nothing to do with my username.

Forever
August 18th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Lightning x Thunder.
... I think that's a member.

Anyways, I don't really like thunderstorms that much -- I prefer the sky leading up to them <3

Jolene
August 18th, 2009, 06:21 AM
They're really annoying. It's always raining whenever there's a thunderstorm so I want to put up an umbrella, but I can't because I worry that it might act as a lightningrod, so I just have to get wet until I can find somewhere to shelter.

Swift!
August 18th, 2009, 06:33 AM
I simply love thunderstorms. Although, it annoys me that Australia doesn't get as many as it used to. :(

Alakazam17
August 18th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Thunderstorms are awesome, and I especially love the smell. There's nothing better than walking through a park or a forest after a thunderstorm has swept through. X3

I was also intrigued last winter when I found myself in my first thundersnowstorm. AKA a regular thunderstorm with snow instead of rain. =D

charizard_maa
August 18th, 2009, 06:53 AM
As long as they are outside the building I am in and I am inside a building and not wet then we are on okay terms! It could rain as long as they have too as long as there are no flooding. Then we are all cool.

SonicThrust
August 18th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Assuming I'm inside then I love thunderstorms, especially at night. I find it really peaceful to go to sleep during a big storm.

If I'm outside or going somewhere then I don't like them...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 18th, 2009, 07:12 AM
I love them because they are fun to look at and its entertainment by seeing people running, screaming and you know that your safely home watching T.V or looking outside your window

:t354:TG

Desert Spirit!
August 18th, 2009, 07:16 AM
i dont like them but i aint scaerd of the...if u lie them where a Riachu??

Eternal Nightmare
August 18th, 2009, 07:29 AM
I love thunderstorms. I love how others get scared will I just laugh and ask for more XD

Ayselipera
August 18th, 2009, 09:01 AM
I love thunderstorms! I love looking at the lightning through the window... even though I really shouldn't do that. :)

Anastasia.R
August 18th, 2009, 09:12 AM
I love thunderstorms. I don't see why people get so scared of them. =o

Went
August 18th, 2009, 09:43 AM
When there is a thunderstorm going on, chances are I'll sit looking at the window and watch it instead of TV. Not like we have them too often, anyway.

Michii
August 18th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Up. Freaking. Arrow.

I am nuts for thunderstorms. When one is going on while I'm on the computer, I open up the blinds of my bedroom window and watch it. If it's too severe to stay on the computer, I go to the biggest window upstairs and watch the lightning from there. The only thing that frightens me about the storms is the sound. I'm ok with the light and the danger associated with the storm, but loud sounds bother me, 'specially when I'm not ready for them. This is directed to the lightning that hits a couple blocks away or closer where the light and the sound are in sync. It startles me and keeps me up at night. BUTTHUNDERSTORMSFTW! I'm thinking of going on a tornado tour when I save enough money and maybe majoring in meteorology in college. :]

Logiedan
August 18th, 2009, 10:20 AM
I don't mind them,but they are very fun to watch.I like watching the lightning flash,i'll sit on my bed and look out my window.
My last thunderstorm was so crazy,it turned the clouds black and the sky orange.

Anxiety.
August 18th, 2009, 11:06 AM
I used to love them, but two of my good friends are terrified of them, so whenever there is one I taxt them or talk to them.

But if I know that they are fine I love thunder storms, they're just plain great.

Rokusasu
August 18th, 2009, 12:31 PM
I love sitting and watching out for the lightning. @_@ Thunderstorms at night are especially fun. <3

Anxiety.
August 18th, 2009, 12:35 PM
I love sitting and watching out for the lightning. @_@ Thunderstorms at night are especially fun. <3

Yeah. Thunder makes me jump, so I only really like them when there's lightining, which looks so much better when it's dark.

Fernando
August 18th, 2009, 03:50 PM
I like any kind of thunderstorm just has something to it,always calms me down or when I'm sad it cheer's me up, that's what I love about watching them.

Captain Hobo.
August 18th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Well kinda, i don't like them because they scare my dog. I like them because i sit by the window and watch it rain.

Timbjerr
August 18th, 2009, 05:36 PM
As long as I don't have to drive my car in it, I'm completely at ease when a thunderstorm rolls through. ^_^

Zorua
August 18th, 2009, 11:42 PM
I used to, since they're relatively calming and its easy to sleep in one.

Now, it's generally annoying because they happen at bad times, so yeah. D:

Soul Eater
August 19th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Actually, they scare me. I have an extremely low intolerance for sound. So thunder is something that will literally jump me from my skin. >_<

Pokedra
August 19th, 2009, 12:39 AM
I don't really care, I like the rain they bring along 8]

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 19th, 2009, 12:43 AM
I love storms! I watch them from my courtyard and occasionally, I watch it from the Garden. ^_^
Storms are the best.

the bitter end.
August 19th, 2009, 03:30 AM
I actually like them except when they put the power out, but I like the sound of rain and thunder. =]

MUSION
August 19th, 2009, 08:31 AM
I love them, as long as I'm not stuck out in them :D

♣Gawain♣
August 19th, 2009, 08:44 AM
I used to, since they're relatively calming and its easy to sleep in one.

Now, it's generally annoying because they happen at bad times, so yeah. D:

True, true.

I like storms because they clean the air. It is so pleasant to smell clean air after a storm.

The only thing is they can cut power lines, which means no electricity.

sanny the hedgehog
August 19th, 2009, 08:52 AM
normally i dont mind them but if it gets too out of hand then i get a bit shaken
when i was younger i had a huge fear of thunderstorms but its gone away now.

SquirtleGirl
August 19th, 2009, 03:18 PM
I love them ^^ the sound of thunder is amazing :]

Gary, the Magic Fairy
August 19th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Love them. I have a CD of a thunderstorm I sometimes play when I go to sleep.

The electricity going out is annoying, though. The freezer has an alarm that goes off whenever the power goes out, so if it's in the middle of the night it gets incredibly frustrating.

Caelus
August 19th, 2009, 03:34 PM
I'm indifferent towards them; sometimes I might enjoy them, other times I would hate them.

I mostly prefer them when I'm inside my house or with company of sorts.

Hiidoran
August 19th, 2009, 03:45 PM
I've always enjoyed a nice thunderstorm.

There's just something so relaxing about them. I love just lying in bed at night and listening to the low growl of far away storms and staring out my window to the show of lights. Nothing beats falling asleep to that. :3

Who knew such a destructive force of nature could be so soothing, eh?

Guy
August 19th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Thunderstorms are something I enjoy most about nature. I enjoy the rumbling thunder and the exotic lightning strikes that can strike at any time. They are fun to watch and it is just the time of day where I like to sit in a corner, preferably by a window and just look out the window and read a book or play a game. I know some people enjoy sleeping through a thunderstorm, but that isn't me. The lightning and thunder is like action and I wouldn't want to miss out on what could possibly happen next.

Tamaki
August 19th, 2009, 04:26 PM
I love the sound of thunder, but I'm so paranoid that lightning will strike my house, so storms scare me...

Jude Mathis
August 19th, 2009, 04:26 PM
There's one hitting us hard right now.. sometimes I find them calming, but right now it's just annoying. xD;

xxxLatiasxxx
August 19th, 2009, 05:53 PM
I don't mind them if they’re the ones that are small and the windows aren't rattling if it's one of the ones in which the windows are rattling I hate those kind of thunder storms.

Haza
August 19th, 2009, 07:07 PM
I can go to slep easily in them. Also they give me an excuse to act scared and hug on guys.

.Seth
August 19th, 2009, 07:22 PM
They're alright if it's a light one that lasts maybe an hour or two, but after that, it's just annoying, especially when they put the power out. ;;

Citrinin
August 19th, 2009, 08:33 PM
I find them annoying, because it involves having to remove the computer, television, and anything else electronic and expensive. >_<

Royal Squirt
August 21st, 2009, 04:23 PM
I really don't mind them. I won't go running outside and all, but I don't do that anyway :P

Arago
August 22nd, 2009, 01:00 AM
There was a thunderstorm last night. You wouldn't have been able to get me to shut up about how much I hate thunderstorms even if you tried. :(

Surf
August 22nd, 2009, 02:50 AM
I rather really heavy storms, like, not the electrical kinds.
It's the best time to go swimming :D

MarstheCar
August 28th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Oh yes! I wake in the middle of the night just to watch one past my town!

Sora
August 28th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Oh, I love Thunderstorms~ At least... until my internet starts spazzing/the power cuts out. XD;

twocows
August 28th, 2009, 09:11 PM
I love storms and everything about them. I like the rain; I like watching it fall in the pale light (if it's daytime), I like listening to it rapping against buildings and tress, and I like the smell of moist air and plants. I like the gentle sound of muffled thunder in the distance, and the ferocity of the closer strikes. I like the suddenly-brightened world during the lightning strikes, especially at nighttime. I like the howl of the wind as it hits the sturdy walls of my house. I even like the power outages that sometimes occur; they change things up a bit and force me to do something other than my usual routine. Also, if I'm riding as a passenger in a car, it's even better; everything seems larger and more real somehow.

Åzurε
August 28th, 2009, 09:24 PM
If it's more gentle rain with no lightning, little/no rain with lots of lightning, or a really strong windy storm with extra everything, I like it. I like other kinds of storms too, but those are my favorite. Basically everything twocows expressed, I love in the weather. I'm just tired and non-poetic right now. 'Night.

Wings Don't Cry
August 28th, 2009, 09:29 PM
I don't like thunder storms, no sir I don't like them at all.

They scare me. In year 8 during Cross Country the Year 8 boys had to run in one and our P.E gear wasn't exactly warm.

poopnoodle
August 28th, 2009, 09:36 PM
I love thunderstorms and everything they entail, minus the poor satellite connection. They make me feel calm and lazy.

msdmario
August 28th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Yeah, I really like thunderstorm for the reasons already mentioned in this thread such as the smell and watching the rain pour. Unfortunately, I haven't seen a decent thunderstorm in awhile where I live. There has been way too many triple digit temperature days to count this summer and a single thunderstorm would really my day. :) Came close to getting one this past evening and it even got pretty dark. It just passed us like always. Argh.

Blue_Drifblim
August 28th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Thunder storms are interesting. I used to be really freaked out by them.We get tornadoes here... and yeah, they're not really fun. I myself haven't seen one in person(except some rotation), but I'd say hearing the warning sirens go off is enough for me. XD

Idiot!
August 28th, 2009, 11:09 PM
I like thunderstorms. They bring in cool winds.

michele
August 28th, 2009, 11:24 PM
i looove thunderstorms! <3 except for when they blow out the power for 3 days. :\

TRIFORCE89
August 29th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Mmmm....I'm not sure.

I enjoy the sound of rain against the window. Provided that it isn't torrential. There's something peaceful and calming about it. XD It can put me to sleep.

Lightning (starting a sentence with that word is strange because it's capitalized and I thought I was talking about Erica for a second) is neat in the distance. It's impressive to watch. Close-by, however, is annoying. I don't like the possibility of power surges and the power going out.

And generally when there's a thunderstorm we lose our satellite signal :c

Naruto Uzumaki
August 29th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Not really since the power goes out lol, otherwise they don't bother me at all.

Mariah Carey
August 29th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Yes, they calm me for some reason. The thunder and lightning is just soothing, teehee. :3

Giraffles <3
August 29th, 2009, 06:04 PM
I love thunder storms <3! The dark clouds and the loud booming, don't know why but I just love it :3.

The Sly Fox
August 29th, 2009, 06:12 PM
I really don't seem to mind them, only when the thunder is like a big "BOOM" I get annoyed >.<

Megaera
August 30th, 2009, 03:42 AM
No, It reminds me of my fil teacher who made my life miserable.

Melody
August 30th, 2009, 06:26 AM
It really depends on my mood and what I'm doing. They annoy me when I'm at home, online and they cause my signal to fade. Especially when I'm in the middle of talking to my friends. X33

But, usually when I'm not online, I admire them, as a force of nature. I can't help but to stare out at the clouds and watch for the lightning and such. They really are a majestic thing you know. Even the thunder has it's meaning to me. I really don't mind them usually. I'm not the type of person who gets too into liking or disliking the weather.

Sure, I do complain about being too hot or too cold but that's about the extent of my complaints about the weather. :3 I rather admire nature. It's a beautiful thing.

Twisted Cuteness
August 30th, 2009, 12:29 PM
thunderstorms are pretty ;D I take pictures of 'em.

Ben Kenobi
August 30th, 2009, 02:38 PM
I had a fear of thunderstorms once, but don't really mind them now. I rarely experience thunderstorms over here and they're often not that severe.

I remember once when I was on holiday near Innsbruck, Austria (which is fairly mountainous) the thunderstorms got pretty bad. I was hidden in my room, while most others on the camp site, which included younger children didn't seem affected by the weather lol and continued with whatever they were doing.

Synaesthesia
August 30th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Oh my God you have no idea how much I love thunderstorms! Sometimes if I'm not doing anything important, I'll just stare out my huge window and watch it. :D

The other night I was trying to fall asleep at around 2AM and they had announced a thunderstorm, and it started as soon as I went to bed. I was like ;_______; cause I knew it'd keep me up out of excitement.

Route 18
September 3rd, 2009, 11:49 PM
I don't mind thunderstorms, but only when I'm safely inside and dry. The day before, I had to walk home in a thunderstorm. Let's just say that thunder is louder outside. :O

Alexithymia~
September 4th, 2009, 12:25 AM
I like to snuggle up warm in my bed and listen to thunder storms, with a cup of hot chocolate <3

Serene Grace
September 4th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Thunderstorms are the only time where a girl is truly scared and will do anything to hug/get close to me.

I LOVE THOSE FREAKING THINGS!

Graceful
September 4th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Lightning x Thunder.
... I think that's a member.

Anyways, I don't really like thunderstorms that much -- I prefer the sky leading up to them <3
Nice Shipping! XD [Not really thundy -> Hopefully He doesn't see this]
I don't mind...unless I have unplug the computer....