PDA

View Full Version : Do you actually LIKE pokemon?

bit.trip void
August 20th, 2009, 02:07 AM
Yeah I know.

But lately, I've been seeing people, (me included) that just... ditch the pokemon sections.

So if you don't actually like it, what brings you here?

:3

Just fo all us OCarians. :D

Swift!
August 20th, 2009, 02:21 AM
I <3 Pokemanz.

I'm sure everyone here likes Pokemon, at least a little.

Ayano Katagiri
August 20th, 2009, 02:22 AM
I think this says it all.
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m28/Alex0117/Random/th_collapsed.png (http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m28/Alex0117/Random/?action=view&current=collapsed.png)
It's been awhile since I last played a Pokemon game and even longer since I last ventured into the Pokemon sections of PC. I don't hate Pokemon, it's more that I've just bored of it. I only come on nowadays to make the odd post in the other sections and reply to VMs.

Anxiety.
August 20th, 2009, 02:35 AM
I still love Pokemon, even though I don't really go on the Pokemon section, I do sometimes, just not as often.

Nuke
August 20th, 2009, 02:44 AM
Since I've came back and I can tell that more people do post in the pokemon section, before most of the people over 1000 posts just posted in the other sections.

I still like it but I get closer closer to just liking the games themselves.

ninetales09
August 20th, 2009, 02:57 AM
i like it no i love it alot

Rokusasu
August 20th, 2009, 03:16 AM
I do like Pokemon, it's just that I have other interests too. XD

Cherrim
August 20th, 2009, 03:35 AM
Note: This thread has been approved and can stay here. XD Just so more people don't report it (and for hstaff who were iffy about its placement... like me).

Anyway!

I still love Pokémon. :O When I first joined PC, I didn't really post in the Pokémon forums at ALL and it was actually a few years before I even posted occasionally in Pkmn General. And I would ONLY venture into the gaming forums if absolutely no one else was on and modwork needed to be done, orz. Now? I frequent General and some of the older gaming forums far more than most other forums on PC.

If it weren't for PC itself, I likely would've fallen well out of the Pokémon fandom by now, only reviving it slightly each time a game came out. But since I've been on PC so long, Pokémon has always been there as a constant fandom for me, moreso than any other. Now that I have something to do outside of the games (collecting merchandise 8D), I maintain a constant interest in the fandom at all times. It's gotten me more active on the Pokémon boards here and, honestly, on PC in general.

But yeah, before I was back to full interest in Pokémon, I was really only here because I was staff. And I was originally modded in two non-Pokémon forums--partially because there were so few people to choose from who were active in those forums since everyone was active in the Pokémon forums back then. :P Now? The "go to" places on PC are the Off-Topic boards.

Avey
August 20th, 2009, 03:35 AM
A lot of members here only hang around to talk to their friends in the other sections of the forum. I'm nearly one of them, but I'll post in a Pokémon-related thread every so often.

TRIFORCE89
August 20th, 2009, 03:42 AM
I enjoy the main games and look forward to the new ones. I can't play it constantly though. I don't play the spinoffs although I do pick up and play Snap once and a while (if a good Wii Stadium-esque game was made, I'd buy it. Same for a new Pinball title. Snap 2 also plz)

I don't know every Pokemon and a lot from the last two generations haven't been memorable for me

I stopped watching the anime at the beginning of the Johto episodes.

I don't buy any merchandise.

So, pretty much strictly the main games. And even then, nothing too intensive (don't try to catch 'em all. Don't do Battle Tower, etc.)

machinegun777
August 20th, 2009, 03:44 AM
I still like Pokemon as much as I liked it when I was young.

.little monster
August 20th, 2009, 05:51 AM
I love Pokemon, except the anime. X3

Twisted Cuteness
August 20th, 2009, 06:39 AM
I love it and I most likely always will. I'll still sadly carry my Ds around looking for people to battle, adorn my car keys with my many pokemon keychains and come home to a room where there are plushies, posters, and dvd sets strewn everywhere <3

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 20th, 2009, 06:57 AM
I love Pokemon with a passion I'm just usually on almost every single section of this forum.

:t354:TG

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 20th, 2009, 09:10 AM
I'm somewhat fond of Pokemon. Why else would I be here?
But usually, I'm at the FanFiction area and occasionally in Pokemon General.

I also post here and in OVP when there's nothing to do elsewhere.

The Cape
August 20th, 2009, 09:13 AM
I just kinda came here for a friend. Not really into Pokémon that much, honestly.

Michii
August 20th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Believe it or not, I'm a huge fan of Pokemon. I play the games and watch all of the episodes when they come online in Japanese. When I first came to PC, I tried to be cool and act like I was better than the Pokemon sections. I pretended that I hated it, which was a lie. I automatically gravitated to the sections that weren't about anime (which I don't follow other than Pokemon) and about Pokemon. For that reason, I was isolated for a good year in OC, OVP, and Graphics and Photography.

When I finally came to the realization in late 2008 that I didn't have to act cool and I didn't have any standard to uphold, I started lurking in the Pokemon sections. I posted in the anime a couple times, but I quickly realized that this forum wasn't as hardcore Pokemon anime interested as I thought. This forum isn't about what you like and don't like. Honestly, why should it matter if you like Pokemon or Sailor Moon or Naruto? I didn't realize it when I joined, but people don't like you for being fake and acting that you're better than something. It's about the person inside and what their values are. It's about friendship and being able to converse with all of the people here.

Back on topic of this long post (I commend all who've read this whole thing. Size one can be misleading with length :p), I don't post in a lot of the Pokemon sections because I just don't gravitate to them as I do OVP and OC. Lately, I've been lurking there for a good portion of my time on PC but I haven't made the transition from lurking to posting. For me, posting is a big deal and I have to put a lot of feeling and umph into it (like this post XD;). I'm not sure how to put my feelings and experiences into a post about whether Tyranitar or Metagross is better yet. As for the anime section, much of what I pay attention to isn't as touched upon here.

So yup, I love Pokemon. I'm just extremely attached to the sections that I've been going to since early '08. :'3

sanny the hedgehog
August 20th, 2009, 11:07 AM
i love pokemon
well the games that is and thats really just about it
and from time-to-time chat about how good i thought the first season of pokemon was! XP
im a pretty hardcore pokemon fan and even if they screwed up the games we all know and love. i'd still be a fan, just a retro pokemon fan!!

lolwut
August 20th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Im only really into competitive battling/trading now and probably wont be for much longer so in general i still do but idk.

Blue Nocturne
August 20th, 2009, 11:10 AM
ive been less into pokemon recently, but its happened before so im not too bothered. I tend to stay away from most of the actual gaming forums because i know next to nothing about competitive battling and go in all guns blazing and come out with no self-confidence left. I come to this part a lot because it has a lot of varied and interesting topics. And you must admit, troll topics can be funny to read sometimes when they get going. The fact you can discuss next to anything in this section makes the topics more fun and wilder (troll topic or not)

D.xCharLx.B
August 20th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Yes, I'm in for competitive battling for 2 months.

offtopic: But TBH this metagame is getting boring with Scizor and Salamence appearing once in every 5 teams...

Kura
August 20th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Pokemon is awesome~ I restarted my yellow version a couple days ago to play through it again for the nostalgic value.. plus it is so awesomely fun! (And I've always wanted to catch a mew and now I know how <333 )

Chibi-chan
August 20th, 2009, 11:30 AM
I'll always love Pokemon, but in secret!

Captain Hobo.
August 20th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Yes i love pokemon but i also came here because i love to post.

Jordan
August 20th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Whui yes I do, good sirs and madams...though I probably won't be in the Pokemon forums too much.

TRIFORCE89
August 20th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Pokemon is awesome~ I restarted my yellow version a couple days ago to play through it again for the nostalgic value.. plus it is so awesomely fun! (And I've always wanted to catch a mew and now I know how <333 )
I like the sad Pikachu noise in that game. Play through Stadium too and unlock the special Pikachu (I think there was a special Pikachu? O_o)

Shem
August 20th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Yep, I love Pokemon, but I really only use PC as a means of socializing.

Lucy Lu
August 20th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Nowadays, I just play the games. Mostly Diamond. Before I used to love the anime. But I don't watch the anime anymore(stopped watching after Honen), so I turned to the games. Now I really don't play the games too much. It seems like I am getting off my fandom. I just come here to post in other sections, go to my blog, and reply my VMs mostly. Sometimes I will check out the Pokemon sections, but it will be rare.

Anti
August 20th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Yes, I'm in for competitive battling for 2 months.

offtopic: But TBH this metagame is getting boring with Scizor and Salamence appearing once in every 5 teams...

Don't worry, that's not off-topic lol. I know people who have quit OU because of stuff like that (including me lol).

But anyway, I like Pokemon. The anime is pretty horrible imo and I haven't collected trading cards since the 1st generation and I had all of them except Articuno, but man they have changed a lot. Nothing that could grab my interest again.

I still like the games since besides the people telling you you're a Pokemon master all the time (which makes it hard for new players to realize how much different competitive is, including me in 2007), it isn't really childish or anything and it's actually very difficult to beat the Battle Frontier. Ask anybody who has tried it - a mere little kid probably can't beat it.

I also like Pokemon for the competitive play, which I guess is a whole different way of socializing in a lot of aspects. You get to chat with your friends and watch their battles.

At the same time, there have been times where I've stayed at PC only for the social aspect of it. I've quit competitive Pokemon several times (sometimes for a break, sometimes because I needed the metagame to stop being horrible and unplayable, but never out of disliking Pokemon itself really), so I stayed around to call D_A ginger (<3), to say that Aura is too conservative (<3<3), and to give them all a taste of history of the history of the Great War (<3<3<3)...which reminds me, I sure did spare you with the lack of battle log in the wandering thread, so please thanks me ^_^

But seriously, I'm here for both. If I lost most of my friends or wanted to quit competitive permanently, I would probably leave. Luckily, neither of those things are going to happen anytime soon, so I guess my friends are going to have to put up with my Anti's America lectures on the server for quite a bit longer, lol.

Citrinin
August 20th, 2009, 10:27 PM
I still love Pokémon. <3 Although I derive a lot of enjoyment from non-Pokémon sections here, I am still very much a fan. ^__^

Camisado
August 20th, 2009, 10:40 PM
I do love Pokémon and I'm not afraid to hide it - I'm at the age where people start to stop judging you for things like that. I still play the games almost every day, and I collect plush now.

I just find the discussions more interesting in Other Chat etc. most of the time.

Went
August 20th, 2009, 11:37 PM
I still play the game because *dumdumdum* I like RPG's. Yep. And my parents still go "You still play Pokémon games?", and refuse to understand the game is not the anime >_>

>Feelings<
August 21st, 2009, 12:38 AM
Do you actually LIKE pokemon?

Yes... Yes, I do...
I don't see a point in suddenly letting it go, unless I got bored, which will probably not happen.
But even though I still like Pokemon, I'm not that mad type of a fan. I don't like the toys, plushies, or whatever there are in existence. I only play the games and used to watch the anime.
I still love Pokemon, but only the games, and nothing else - not the anime and not the manga... But if you're talking about the older anime back then, then I must say I still insanely love them.

Reminiscing
August 21st, 2009, 12:50 AM
What do you think, I would never come here to join if I don't like pokemon. Of course I love pokemon, from the shows to the games x3.

Giraffes? Giraffes!
August 21st, 2009, 01:42 AM
Yup i do like Pokemon, not as much as i did a few months ago...But i still do. I use to post in a lot of sections around PC but i shayed away from posting at all lately D:

Scarred Sean-o
August 21st, 2009, 12:05 PM
I do love Pokémon and I'm not afraid to hide it - I'm at the age where people start to stop judging you for things like that. I still play the games almost every day, and I collect plush now.
You saying that makes me wounder, I'm 27 in December and I still play Pokemon for 20 odd hours a week but there's only two other person that know I play Pokemon.
One who is a hardcore player and my bro who stopped years ago, but no one else knows besides people here.
But I meanly play racing games since I'm a big petrol head ^_^

Gold warehouse
August 22nd, 2009, 08:28 AM
No I don't really like it, lol. I watched a few episodes of the first anime series and 2 of the movies and I only ever played one of the games (Pokemon Ruby).
I can't remember why I actually joined, I think my brother wanted to find out how to do something on Emerald and asked me to find a walkthrough.

Trap-Eds
August 22nd, 2009, 09:11 AM
Yes, I still like Pokemon. And I'm gonna keep liking it for years to come. :D

Captain Fabio
August 22nd, 2009, 09:13 AM
Pokemons is boring.
I am here for the bicthes!

But seriously, I stopped playing Pokemon about a year ago.
The only reason I am still around is to talk to people!

OokamiShipper
August 22nd, 2009, 09:14 AM
I love Pokemon! Especially the special manga and the games <3333
I'm not really seeing the anime anymore (I think that's what most people think of first when they hear Pokemon, so yeah...)

The Apprentice™
August 22nd, 2009, 09:16 AM
Yup I love Pokemon always have and always will =)

Yamikarasu
August 22nd, 2009, 11:20 AM
I still love Pokemon, I just don't post often in those sections.

I just started playing Platinum again, EV trained a Starmie to help me beat the Battle Tower, and then lost due to hax. My guess is I won't pick up the game again for a month. :/

Patchy
August 22nd, 2009, 12:09 PM
Not really. I only visit Other Chat now, and get the odd VM or PM. I rarely even post anymore. I didn't really use the Pokemon boards here, ever, except wifi about a year ago; I used the Pokemon sections of another forum I go to, but I only visit its general forums too now.

I guess I sort of stick around because I never made any friends on this particular forum that I still keep regular contact with. :<

Caelus
August 22nd, 2009, 12:46 PM
I like Pokemon, I just don't play the games or watch the anime anymore. I'm mostly joined for other things anyway, and that's why I'm still here.

If I get a hold of any recent Pokemon games they might elate my interest again, but I haven't bought a new Pokemon game in awhile.

Zorua
August 22nd, 2009, 01:13 PM
The anime? Not necessarily. I sorta stopped on that; though I am a fan of the movies, though! :D

The games however, I feel I have the best connection to. Hard to esplain, but yeah. XD

Tater Tot
August 22nd, 2009, 05:29 PM
I still like Pokemon because it brings back memories of my childhood, and makes me feel happy. :3

Crystal Clair
August 22nd, 2009, 05:51 PM
I like specific characters and can't stop thinking of the Pokemon world now and then but overall, I'm getting bored with it and the anime is making me stressed.

I'm trying to convert to the Zelda fandom.

And tbh, the only reason I buy the Pokemon games is for tradition... although HGSS is looking to be good, mostly because Pokemon can follow you around again.

But overall, Pokemon's getting old for me.

donavannj
August 22nd, 2009, 09:57 PM
I'm still into Pokemon... I collect the cards (though this is limited due to a limited money supply), I play the games, read the manga on occasion, and sometimes watch the anime because I run out of things to do sometimes in the middle of the night.

daigonite
August 23rd, 2009, 07:14 AM
LOL YUSH

Although it can take me a bit to pick up the game and start playing again, though. Once I've accomplished that, there's no getting me off that damned DS/Gameboy ect.

Satelity
August 23rd, 2009, 05:51 PM
I lost my interest in Pokemon for a while, but now it sucked me back in.
Pokemon & Megaman FTW.

Sublime
August 23rd, 2009, 05:56 PM
Honestly, not really. I don't really have a care for Pokemon anymore. I'll give Fire Red or Crystal a nice replay if I'm bored, but that's about it. I like it as an RPG game, which is why I'll be getting HG/SS; but I don't really have any strong feelings for or against it in general.

I'm just here for the awesome people (b' ')b

Star★Seeker
August 23rd, 2009, 06:19 PM
I love Pokemon, except the anime. X3

^This. I simply adore the franchise, but no the anime.

Yoshimi
August 23rd, 2009, 06:32 PM
I only like the games. Everything else is "meh" if not just plain horrid.

Hyper Chibi Absol
August 23rd, 2009, 06:38 PM
I like it, but maybe not as much as I used to which surprises me to say. I love the games but what actually got me into the series has gotten bad for some reason (may just be to English dub, but I dunno) Yeah... the anime.

It isn't terrible, I still watch it when I can, it's just... not as memerable as the first couple seasons were.

Jak
August 23rd, 2009, 07:20 PM
I love Pokemon. I have all versions (except the original Green and Red and the Japanese blue), and also an extra Emerald and Diamond. I'm importing SoulSilver and getting both HeartGold and SoulSilver when they come out in English. I'm a pretty big Pokenerd...I'll just leave it at that to avoid further "let's poke fun at Silver the pokenerd".

Johnny590
August 23rd, 2009, 07:27 PM
The fact that were in a pokemon forum and a member actually made a topic like this, with a title like that, I find it very hilarious.

I mean, there are hundreds of social forums on the internet and you come to a Pokemon forum because of how "social" it is and not because of Pokemon itself?

The door is there whenever you want to take it.

And to answer you're question:

I love the games, everything else I could care less. The anime stopped being good until it got dubbed by PUSA, and in my opinion, the BEST episodes are all from Kanto and Johto.

I can't say I'm the kind of fan that bought merchandise, t-shirts, plushies, etc. I just played most of the games over the years and saw the anime when I was a kid. :3

Akio123
August 23rd, 2009, 07:43 PM
I know people here sometimes say they hate Pokemon...but I feel if you hate Pokemon, there are so many other forums you can go to. Hell, you can even make your own Anti-Pokemon forum. As for me, I've loved Pokemon since the 3rd grade and heck I will probably be teaching my kids Algebra through Pokemon tactics. XD

The Corrupt Plague
August 23rd, 2009, 07:46 PM
Yes, but very few people in real life know about it.

Satelity
August 23rd, 2009, 08:00 PM
Yes, but very few people in real life know about it.

^ This too.
I wish people would be more into Pokemon. xD

Jack O'Neill
August 23rd, 2009, 08:37 PM
I used to, but that was long ago. That pretty much sums things up for me.

bit.trip void
August 23rd, 2009, 10:30 PM
The fact that were in a pokemon forum and a member actually made a topic like this, with a title like that, I find it very hilarious.

I mean, there are hundreds of social forums on the internet and you come to a Pokemon forum because of how "social" it is and not because of Pokemon itself?

The door is there whenever you want to take it.

Actually, I havn't liked pokemon for 10 or so years. I still... know a bit about it, might play the games a bit, but that's all.

Honestly, not really. I don't really have a care for Pokemon anymore. I'll give Fire Red or Crystal a nice replay if I'm bored, but that's about it. I like it as an RPG game, which is why I'll be getting HG/SS; but I don't really have any strong feelings for or against it in general.

I'm just here for the awesome people (b' ')b

This is pretty much me;

PC is a great place, nice people and eerything.

So yeah, I wont be leaving anytime soon.

so gtfo

AsugetRanzo
August 23rd, 2009, 11:13 PM
I only really love the games anymore. I used to watch the anime until Misty left. After that, I quit watching. :/

Signomi
August 24th, 2009, 01:13 AM
I only really love the games anymore.

^ this.

The very reason I was interested in Pokémon in the first place was for the games, they're entertaining and a great time killer, from then on I managed to get interested in the anime (though I more or less stopped watching it after Johto, anything beyond that didn't perk my interest.) I like Pokémon but I'm not so much of a fan as I used to be when I was younger, I guess when you get into something like this at a young age eventually you'll find new interests that would make you grow out of it a tad bit, but of course that's not the same for everyone, just for me.

Gymnotide
August 24th, 2009, 03:19 AM
Yeah, but I don't like what's become of the fanbase, and to a lesser extent, the Pokemon community on this forum. People always complain about how this or that sucks, or how much they hate this Pokemon and how much they're a fan of that Pokemon, and how Gardevoir is hot and they want him (yes, him) to be their girlfriend.

I like all Pokemon really, as the little fuzzy monsters, and I naturally prefer some over others. Sometimes I say I strongly dislike a certain Pokemon, but that's only relative.

I spend most of my time on this forum in the D/P/Pt Quick Questions and Answer thread, the Other Cards and Other Games sections, and on-and-off in OT/OVP/OC; when there's a good discussion up, I'll be glad to reply.

Aurafire
August 24th, 2009, 03:30 AM
The only aspect of pokemon I'm still interested in is battling. As for the anime, TCG and playing through the actual games, I suppose I could pass, but I still consider myself a fan of Pokemon in general :D

Chaostorm
August 24th, 2009, 03:39 AM
I just like playing the games , especially the Spinoff ones ( PMD , Ranger )

NatureKeeper
August 24th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Yeah, I do like Pokémon..

Pokémon is my second life... :)

xMizuOokami
August 24th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Yes I truley Love pokemon, since the beginning <<3

Shadow Sneak Sableye
August 24th, 2009, 11:33 AM
I've always loved pokemon and I think I always will. There is always something new to see weather it's places or pokemon. Thats waht makes it so cool

SonicThrust
August 24th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I still like Pokémon. I've been a fan for a long time and I've gotten even more into it over the last year. I post both in the Pokémon forums and in other forums.

Inkpuddle
August 24th, 2009, 12:27 PM
I love Pokemon. I've loved it since I was pretty young and the first games came out in the US. There was a long time where I sort of put it on hiatus, but I've been through some rough points during these past few years and Pokemon became a nice reminder of simpler times. So, yes, I'm back in the obsession. ^^

As for actually posting in Pokecomm, I'm not really tied to any specific section. Even at 70+ posts I don't know many people, so I just skim and speak up when I'm interested.

DaMexicanMadness
August 24th, 2009, 12:51 PM
I revived my love for pokemon a year ago when i stumbled upon all my old pokemon games and just got hooked to Silver & Ruby and then I found out they were releasing Heart Gold & Soul Silver and i was like Good god yes!!! And then i got hooked into watching the anime again! :) So yeah i love pokemon lol, brings back great childhood memories!!

Cassino
August 25th, 2009, 01:54 AM
I'm a fan of the old first two generations. Pokemon should've been killed there, having run the best of its commercial and moral course by then.
That is, I don't like what Pokemon has become today as a franchise and anime, but do like the original games and obscure untranslated manga (you know, the ones where the monsters can talk?) that set its foundations in stone.

I actually ought to be around the GB/GBC section more since my motive for staying here beyond a thousand posts was originally to help people.

Gummy
August 25th, 2009, 02:25 AM
If it weren't for the games, I would have left Pokemon a long time ago. When I was younger I loved the anime, but once you get older you begin to see how stupid the premise really is. I'm so glad the main character doesn't talk in the games, so I can pretend he isn't some ten year old kid setting off into a dangerous world. Also, Pokemon is really the only handheld RPG that can last me more than a week.