PDA

View Full Version : GCSE Results On 27th

Cнαяcнιc
August 20th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Is anybody else anxious :O

And do you all think you passed?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 20th, 2009, 06:59 AM
If I mind asking what does the GSCE stand for?

:t354:TG

Cнαяcнιc
August 20th, 2009, 07:04 AM
General Certificate of Secondary Education :]

When we complete all five years of secondary school we get a letter with our GCSEs in, and they are our grade in each specific subject we learnt such as, English etc.

And then to get into college we need the right GCSE from grade A to C, any below is a fail.

Spinor
August 20th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Sorry but not everyone has whatever-that-stuff is. Each country/State has a different standard of education.

wakachamo
August 20th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Sorry but not everyone has whatever-that-stuff is. Each country/State has a different standard of education.

No way, really? I really thought that the entire world had the same standards and protocols. Wow.

Seriously, if you don't know what it is, don't post on this thread. It's just that simple.

Suki
August 20th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Ah, I used to stress over this so much but I kinda predicted my grades and it doesn't seem so bad. I'm pretty sure I'll be a nervous wreck next week though haha.

SquirtleGirl
August 20th, 2009, 07:44 AM
I have my irish exams which are like GCSEs but taken at 15 instead.

Don't get my results until September though :(

Cнαяcнιc
August 20th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Yeah I suppose, well good luck to all of you :D

It is just because it is soooo close, and this is what we have spent like 13 years of our lives to get :( I hope I get good grades :D

Suki
August 20th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Yeah I suppose, well good luck to all of you :D

It is just because it is soooo close, and this is what we have spent like 13 years of our lives to get :( I hope I get good grades :D

What are you hoping to get? Well we all do :3 ha

Horizon
August 20th, 2009, 08:26 AM

When we complete all five years of secondary school we get a letter with our GCSEs in, and they are our grade in each specific subject we learnt such as, English etc.

And then to get into college we need the right GCSE from grade A to C, any below is a fail.

Technically, no. Employers and colleges look for students with a good amount of A* to C grades, and less so with those below. Which is why teachers encourage you to get at least a C grade. D and E grades are still passes, but aren't looked upon as favourably as C grades and above. F and below is a fail. I should know; I took my GCSEs last year, getting 3 As, 6 Bs and a C.

I got my AS level results today (Year 12/First year of college) and got an A, two Bs and a D. Not bothered about the subject I got the D in though.

For those who are wondering, this applies to those in the UK.

parallelzero
August 20th, 2009, 08:44 AM
If I mind asking what does the GSCE stand for?

:t354:TG

Clearly it's the Gold Crystal Silver Emerald results, determining one's skill level in returns to Pokemon knowledge of second gen and a bit of third gen.

Geez.

Toblerone
August 20th, 2009, 09:14 AM
It was the UK A Level results today!! My sister passed and i'm happy for her. Anyway, Exams can be stressful times, i hope anyone who is getting their results soon who are members of the PC Forums pass!!

Rokusasu
August 20th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Ha, I remember being all in a tizz about exam results. XD Good luck for next week to all you GCSErs, and congrats to those who got their A Level results today. :3

Hassamu
August 20th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Just got my AS Level results today, I was really nervous about that so I know how all you GCSEers feel.

Good luck everyone anyway.

hashtag
August 20th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Wow, I took my math exam one year early. Well, one of three exams we need to take over the course of the next two years. Well, I'm thinking I didn't do too well. I was predicted an A but I think I'll get a B, I'll be happy with anything C and above.

.Wolfie-kun.
August 20th, 2009, 03:21 PM
I'm now starting to worry a little, since it's getting closer. I think I've messed up on half of them ><

Ah well, I suppose we'll find out on "Judgement Day" *Shot'd*

Cнαяcнιc
August 20th, 2009, 08:51 PM
I'm now starting to worry a little, since it's getting closer. I think I've messed up on half of them ><

Ah well, I suppose we'll find out on "Judgement Day" *Shot'd*

6 days now :D We are bound to be worried because it is so close and we spent the last 13 years of school, to get these qualifications. We only need 5 A-C Gcses to actually pass.

I think I'll definately pass.

English Literature - English Language - Geography - Maths - Chemistry and Biology, that is Six. And I am doing both English Lit and Lang in College so I should be fine, all post your results when you find them out :D

>Feelings<
August 21st, 2009, 03:54 AM
And then to get into college we need the right GCSE from grade A to C, any below is a fail.Well, no, you're wrong. Anything below E is fail. Upto E is pass, if you didn't know...
They just like to scare you, and that's all... It's just that Upto C is considered an attractive result to catch the attention when getting employed and getting into colleges and universities.

I know because I took my GCSE in the past.

I should know; I took my GCSEs last year, getting 3 As, 6 Bs and a C.

I got my AS level results today (Year 12/First year of college) and got an A, two Bs and a D. Not bothered about the subject I got the D in though.

For those who are wondering, this applies to those in the UK.

Mind if I ask you what your subjects are in both?
And the GCSE also applies for people outside UK, does it not?

Clearly it's the Gold Crystal Silver Emerald results, determining one's skill level in returns to Pokemon knowledge of second gen and a bit of third gen.Good one. But I was thinking of it already...

Suki
August 21st, 2009, 04:44 AM
6 days now :D We are bound to be worried because it is so close and we spent the last 13 years of school, to get these qualifications. We only need 5 A-C Gcses to actually pass.

I think I'll definately pass.

English Literature - English Language - Geography - Maths - Chemistry and Biology, that is Six. And I am doing both English Lit and Lang in College so I should be fine, all post your results when you find them out :D
Are those the ones you're confident in passing? I'm confused haha. I need a B in English Lit otherwise there's a possibility I won't be able to study it in college :/ Pressure pressure! I did awful in the exam!

processr
August 21st, 2009, 04:55 AM
It's all about A and AS level results from yesterday. ;D

Got my AS results, and one A level result. I got B grades in Philosophy & Ethics and Chemistry, A grades in General Studies and English Literature, and an A* in my Mathematics A level. I did the whole two year course in one so I can do Further Mathematics this year. 8D I'll be retaking two tests from my B grade subjects though - they were the ones I wanted A grades in. =/ Ah well, another year of Sixth Form to build on that. (Sixth Form > College *shot*)

If anyone cares, my GCSEs were four A* grades and seven A grades.

Avey
August 21st, 2009, 05:00 AM
I have my irish exams which are like GCSEs but taken at 15 instead.

Don't get my results until September though :(

Lol, junior cert. I'm gonna be so screwed this year.

RAWR ^_^
August 21st, 2009, 08:36 AM
>___<

I'm only getting one result this year, for RE. I'm only just going into year 11 when I go back, so I haven't done them all yet. I've 2 science Modules though.

Chemistry; A,A
Bioloigy; A*,A
Physics; A, A*

My predicted grade for my RE result is A*, but I'm seriously doubting I will get it at the moment.

Razer302
August 21st, 2009, 12:23 PM
Got my AS results yesterday. Didn't really care as I have already been accepted into the Police, I ened up getting a D E E, I got a D in the only subject I tried in and wasn't like I completely failed the others I was 1 mark under on 1 of a D grade and 6 marks off in another.

Cнαяcнιc
August 21st, 2009, 08:14 PM
5 days to go :D

I am so excited and worried :D

Horizon
August 21st, 2009, 11:29 PM
5 days to go :D

I am so excited and worried :D

Don't be worried; there's nothing to worry about. What's done is done, you cannot change your grades now, whatever you do they'll still be the same when you open that envelope. Just be confident that you have done your best and don't dwell on it until the time comes.

Although I often find that those who worry a great deal about their exam results are the ones who do well. So i guess it's a good sign.

Signomi
August 21st, 2009, 11:52 PM
I remember being very nervous about getting my GCSE exam results back because I would always think I did so poorly on them, so glad to be proven wrong there, I'm sure you guys managed fine. I managed to get my National Diploma grades recently, the course itself was equivalent to three A levels, my results were three Merits and a Distinction, which is...actually somewhat better than my laid out GCSE results, more than I thought I'd get. You may actually do better than you expected to, and even if you don't do so well this time round, there's always a chance for you to redeem yourself in further education.

Cнαяcнιc
August 22nd, 2009, 12:29 PM
Thanks Signomi :)

Charchic.

Suki
August 22nd, 2009, 01:35 PM
Thanks for your support everyone or just words of assurance :] I actually lay in bed last night for 3 hours just worrying and predicting (which I really shouldn't be doing since I will most likely be disappointed when I receive the results =_=;) but anyway I'm over it noww. There's nothing that can be done anymore, and I know I worry too much over everything.

Cнαяcнιc
August 23rd, 2009, 12:06 AM
4 days to go...

We are bound to be nervous, the test(s) are over and done with so we can just hope for the best :D

Barney.
August 26th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Tommorow.

I hated French anyway..So I couldn't care less if I don't pass..But of course I want too.

To those wandering I only took french because I was good at it in year 7, therefore I took it 2 years early...Worst experience ever.

I'll be starting my chosen subjects this coming school year.

Cнαяcнιc
August 26th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Ommmmmmg.

Good luck everyone, :D

Josephine
August 27th, 2009, 02:41 AM
Just got back from school, got the grades I needed! :D

I guess I'm going to be the first to post their grades? There a lot better than I thought I'd get. xD;;

ICT - A
Science - A
Art - B
English - B
French - C
Maths - C
Additional Science - C
Religious Studies - D

I've got my enrolment day for college on the 1st, and then my 1st term starts on the 9th~ :3

>Feelings<
August 27th, 2009, 05:05 AM
Congratulations Counterfeit!
I wonder why you took Religious Studies anyways...

Cнαяcнιc
August 27th, 2009, 09:09 AM
English Lit - A
English Lang - B
English Lang 2 - B
Chemistry - D
Physics - C
Maths - C
Geography - C
Graphics - D
Business Studies - CC

Overall I did okay :)

Mukkamoto
August 27th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Well good luck to those that have gotten their results, and i wish you the best for your future :)
If anyone is in need of help or want to know what i got just VM me :)

Suki
August 27th, 2009, 11:41 AM
A* Product Design
A* Mathematics
A* Additional Science
A* RE
A French
A Science
A English Lit
A English Lang
A Statistics
A Business
B Other Business
B Citizenship (RE is combined with this though)
C ICT

Yayyy, well done everyone!

Mukkamoto
August 27th, 2009, 01:44 PM
A* Product Design
A* Mathematics
A* Additional Science
A* RE
A French
A Science
A English Lit
A English Lang
A Statistics
A Business
B Other Business
C ICT

n00b :<
joking, the best ive seen on PC so far.

1KewlDude
August 27th, 2009, 03:17 PM
All the GCSE's I've taken over the past two years:

A* - ICT (Unit 1)
A* - ICT (Unit 2)
A* - Spanish
A* - Mathematics
A - English Language
A - English Literature
A - Physics
B - Portuguese
B - Chemistry
B - Biology
B - Graphic Products
C - RE

I'm quite pleased =]

Barney.
August 29th, 2009, 01:53 PM
I got a C in my French GCSE.

I guess the hard stuff starts soon XD

xiaolinmaster
September 1st, 2009, 02:51 AM
french- B
statistics-B
Maths-A
English-B
English lit-B
RE-F
Biology-A
Chemistry-A
Physics-B
Business-C

I'm so happy just got my results, as was on holiday
got As... XD and in my a-level choices aswell great

The Fourteenth Doctor
September 2nd, 2009, 07:50 AM

Any grade below G is a fail i think (according to jobcentre plus anyway), but i think below F might be a fail

A* Product Design
A* Mathematics
A* Additional Science
A* RE
A French
A Science
A English Lit
A English Lang
A Statistics
A Business
B Other Business
C ICT

well done, when i did my GCSEs 4 years ago my results were D-G (the G was Graphics but i hated that lesson anyway and didn't like the teacher either), the class i was in only allowed me to get as high as a D

hashtag
September 2nd, 2009, 08:57 AM
Well, I was in Year 9 last year. Taking my maths exam early I got a B, I was only aiming for a C so ^__^

Mew Ichigo
September 2nd, 2009, 11:06 AM
Well done to everyone! I still have another year or 2 before my GCSEs.

Rich Boy Rob
September 3rd, 2009, 12:04 AM
I am not looking forward to my GCSE's next year, however I did much better than I thought I would on my sciences (which I had to 1 out of 2 of the papers this year).
Physics: A*
Chemistry: A
Biology:A

If I get that on the rest of my GCSE's I'll be laughing!