PDA

View Full Version : I'm forming a new country. Want in?

Jolene
August 20th, 2009, 09:33 AM
The country I live in is kind of boring, so I’m gonna go a new one that’s more fun and stuff. I haven’t thought of a name for it yet, but I know that it’s going to be on an island somewhere in the Pacific Ocean, and the island is going to be shaped like a giant smiley face. You can move to my country if you want to, and I think you should because that would be nice. This is how the new country will work:

Economy: The currency will be measured in notes called kitts. All kitts will have pictures of cats doing funny stuff printed on them. This will make people want to work harder to earn money and see more funny cats, and so the economy will do good.

Tackling Global Warming: To combat global warming, all buildings in my country will be fitted with giant air conditioners on the outside to make sure that everywhere is nice and cool.

Stopping Crime: In order to tackle crime more effectively, all police officers will all be trained as ninjas.

National Defence: In times of war, the smiley faced country will become an angry face to scare off our enemies. If they don't leave, the face will start crying and they'll feel really bad and go away.

Education: All teachers must come to school dressed as fluffy pink rabbits, and they need to inhale lots of helium at the start of each lesson, because that would make them less intimidating and also fun to listen to.

Culture: Folklore and myths play a big part in most cultures, but this country won’t have been around long enough to have written any real folklore, so I figured we could just kidnap acclaimed fantasy writer Terry Brooks and force him to make some stuff up.

Transport: People will have wings.

And those are my ideas. Would you like to come and live in my country? Also, do you have any ideas for stuff that could make my country better?

And are there any flaws in my idea which I should perhaps iron out?

iDarky
August 20th, 2009, 09:41 AM
i would love to but there no room on earth you know

wakachamo
August 20th, 2009, 10:04 AM
That sounds like the goddamn best country ever.

Where do I become a citizen?

Nuke
August 20th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Should have posed this as a thread for other people to post their own countries based on the things you have. (Education etc.)

But anyway, I've got dibs on being a teacher.

Avey
August 20th, 2009, 10:11 AM
That country sounds like a pretty cool cat. How do I join?

Lady Gaga
August 20th, 2009, 10:14 AM
id like to come =D where is the sign-up sheet? can can you provide the flight, im kinda low on money nowadays =D

Eucliffe
August 20th, 2009, 10:18 AM

I would never live there if you used regular electricity to run those ACs and everything else. Now, if you were to use windmills or solar panels as means of getting electricity, then it'd be more reasonable for me to want to come live in this place of yours.

Actually, don't use AC whatsoever. Get all your buildings green roofs. Green roofs help make everything inside cooler, without the need of ACs. And perhaps it would help outdoors, too. It also absorbs any rain that would fall.

Rokusasu
August 20th, 2009, 10:23 AM
You're gonna need a national anthem y'know. o:

But I wanna be a ninja. 8D

Chloè
August 20th, 2009, 10:23 AM
If Obama is so great, then why hasn't he thought of it.... Where do I book my ticket.

.little monster
August 20th, 2009, 10:31 AM
I'd like to nuke your country. : 3 Can that be arranged?

Toblerone
August 20th, 2009, 10:36 AM
But, if you threaten the country, it'll go all sad faced!! Do you want that to happen? Do you want to upset an awesome and happy country?!

It sounds like an awesome country, can't wait to get my wings!! =P

Silhouette
August 20th, 2009, 11:13 AM
I'm in. I want sum dat munniez now.

XD Cats doing funny things, though. Brilliant.

Blue Nocturne
August 20th, 2009, 11:16 AM
wouldn't the land shifting to make a sad face be:
1. impossible
2. very dangerous?

never mind, a more dangerous life is a more exciting one. I'm training to become a doctor (sure its in the form of books only atm but still), any medical policies or requirements?

sanny the hedgehog
August 20th, 2009, 11:25 AM
You're gonna need a national anthem y'know. o:

yeah i help with the anthem but i may sound a bit metal-ish!

AND WHATS BETTER THAN STUPID CATS ON COINS
HECK YEAH COUNT ME IN
if its free im in!!
oh and you should also have 1 or 2 nukes just in case.

Kura
August 20th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Uh.. economy and food? Not to mention that if there are no valuable exports, your dollar value would be next to nothing.

No thanks, I rather stay where I am now.

Rokusasu
August 20th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Uh.. economy and food? Not to mention that if there are no valuable exports, your dollar value would be next to nothing.

No thanks, I rather stay where I am now.

I suggest waffles, pancakes and french toast as major exports. Alternatively, you could grow corn.

Jolene
August 20th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I guess the country could make money from tourism. After all, lots of people would probably want to go on holiday to an island shaped like a big smiley face. Exporting waffles, pancakes and french toast sounds good too, but I reckon France might have patented that last one.

ReyRey-Pyon
August 20th, 2009, 01:52 PM
hmmm

i don't wan't to be a citizen, no way! I want power
Give me a seat on the throne and you got yourself a deal

I don't like the sound of your teachers. No srsly,
fluffy pink rabbits? is it for all years? that sounds better suited for elementary school :B
I for one, would rather have some really sexy teachers instead eue /shot

and ninjas?
you need some pirates toooooo!!
pirates > ninjas

Captain Hobo.
August 20th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Ok im in it sounds pretty cool.

Usagi-Chan~
August 20th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Two Suggestions
1. Waffles grow on trees, pancakes grow underground, and Maple Syrup is squeezed from the Waffles
2. Everyone is born smart and those who are dumb are ground up for food.
And I want to live their :D

Hassamu
August 20th, 2009, 02:48 PM
I will move to your country, but only on these conditions:

1. Name it 'Pink Hippo Land'
2. Free delicious cake for all.

Yoshimi
August 20th, 2009, 03:43 PM
I want to enter, but only if the pictures are from icanhazcheezburger.

Jolene
August 20th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Two Suggestions
Waffles grow on trees, pancakes grow underground, and Maple Syrup is squeezed from the Waffles
Waffle trees with syrup sounds really nice, but I'm not so sure that I'd want to eat pancakes from out of ground - wouldn't they be all muddy?

i don't wan't to be a citizen, no way! I want power
Give me a seat on the throne and you got yourself a deal

How can I be sure you won't use your powers for evil?

I will move to your country, but only on these conditions:

1. Name it 'Pink Hippo Land'
2. Free delicious cake for all.
We don't have any pink hippos though, so the name would be kind of misleading. Can't we break even and I'll just bake you a pink hippo cake? It won't be to scale though.

Usagi-Chan~
August 20th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Waffle trees with syrup sounds really nice, but I'm not so sure that I'd want to eat pancakes from out of ground - wouldn't they be all muddy?

Nope, The mud would be chocolate :D

ReyRey-Pyon
August 20th, 2009, 04:38 PM
How can I be sure you won't use your powers for evil?

You can't be sure O:
I'm pretty unpredictable you know
... I'm all for justice (b")b
But i never said I wouldn't like the sounds of universal destruction either <u> /creepy stare/wtf am i on?
So do i get the job :D?

---

The theme should be the FUN song from spongebob ಠ_ಠ /slapped

Star★Seeker
August 20th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Where do I sign up?! Can the national athem be the song Poker Face by Lady GaGa? And can I have a my very own special discostick to use a transportation? I also want to be part of the goverment, fyi. :3

Usagi-Chan~
August 20th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I want to be part of the goverment, and the theme should be Let Your Love Flow by the Bellamy Brothers

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 20th, 2009, 05:48 PM
I'm wondering if this is a joke or are you really planning on making a Micronation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micronation). The implications of a smiley faced island sounds tempting though. The country would profit from extensive tourism and uh general weirdness. Also, air conditioners to combat Global Warming would just make it worse. Air Conditioners contain refrigerants called CFC (well, some of them anyway).

CFC is not really that reactive therefore, it has a lifespan of over 100 years. When it is released into the atmosphere, ultraviolet radiation breaks of a chlorine element which incidentally is very reactive. Then, the chlorine atom will collide with an Ozone molecule and steal an oxygen atom to form Chlorine Monoxide and leaving the Ozone molecule as a regular molecule.
Afterwards, when another oxygen atom collides with the Chlorine Monoxide molecule it will steal the oxygen atom and release the chlorine atom back into the atmosphere this cycle repeats itself.

If you use a non-CFC refrigerant it would be ok but then the power usage would be enormous. It is almost impossible to gather sufficient electrical energy from windmills and hydroelectric generators on such a small island. If you resort to fossil fuels then it just brings back the original global warming problem.

Now my comments on other stuff.
The currency will be measured in notes called kitts. All kitts will have pictures of cats doing funny stuff printed on them. This will make people want to work harder to earn money and see more funny cats, and so the economy will do good.

Cool, lolcat money. But then, are you sure you have enough ink to print colored pictures on money?

People will have wings.
I opt for fusion powered oxygen gas propelled jetpacks. :D

matt561
August 21st, 2009, 01:50 AM
I will join your civilisation of good.

As a Spy.

ninetales09
August 21st, 2009, 01:52 AM
pretty good i like the idea

Mew Ichigo
August 21st, 2009, 03:12 AM
I'm an elite ninja, so I'll be head of the force =3

Mitchman
August 21st, 2009, 03:26 AM
Place me at the borders with a gun. No one will get by if they are trouble.

Banjora Marxvile
August 21st, 2009, 03:49 AM
OK... Sounds unique. I would join, but as a scientist or researcher, to develop things further. Logic is the way of discovery, but so is imagination.

Royal Squirt
August 21st, 2009, 03:50 AM
I like the idea of this country very much. I wouldn't wanna be there while it's an angry face, angry faces aren't very nice x( I'd love it while it was a happy face!

Mew Ichigo
August 21st, 2009, 03:51 AM
I want to grow all the Ichigos strawberries!

And this has to be the national flag:
http://newmedia.funnyjunk.com/pictures/securedownload_12.jpeg

Esper
August 21st, 2009, 04:32 AM
I suggest you name your country La Serenísima República de San Smiley. The Most Serene Republic of San Smiley.

Kura
August 21st, 2009, 06:39 AM
I suggest waffles, pancakes and french toast as major exports. Alternatively, you could grow corn.

Belgium already beats you in that department. They have the best waffles in the world, and are -known- for it. They have more history.

And people wouldn't tour some random island. People tour to see history, like I said. Why do they go to France? Why do they go to Italy?

People tour to see history or culture, and the only culture I can see from this island is young teenagers running around thinking they can own a place without even proper knowledge of business or economy because they haven't even had the time to learn it yet.

Yeah, maybe you can turn your island into a resort but the only way you can lower the cost enough to persuade people to come instead of going to other countries is to have small wages and work the people there like personal maids and butlers.

Usagi-Chan~
August 21st, 2009, 08:12 AM
Belgium already beats you in that department. They have the best waffles in the world, and are -known- for it. They have more history.

I vote we wage war on Belgium, for stealing our exports before we even had them :badsmile:

MegaFuz
August 21st, 2009, 08:20 AM
And those are my ideas.
Rofl. YES. Best thread on PC ever.

Would you like to come and live in my country?
Yes.

Also, do you have any ideas for stuff that could make my country better?
No.

And are there any flaws in my idea which I should perhaps iron out?
No.

And people wouldn't tour some random island. People tour to see history, like I said. Why do they go to France? Why do they go to Italy?

People tour to see history or culture, and the only culture I can see from this island is young teenagers running around thinking they can own a place without even proper knowledge of business or economy because they haven't even had the time to learn it yet.

Yeah, maybe you can turn your island into a resort but the only way you can lower the cost enough to persuade people to come instead of going to other countries is to have small wages and work the people there like personal maids and butlers.
Damn. Enough careful thought and more irrational decision making plox.

Mew Ichigo
August 21st, 2009, 08:42 AM
I vote we wage war on Belgium, for stealing our exports before we even had them :badsmile:

Im head of the police, and I say sure. Just you can clean up the buildings when they get bombed by Belgium.

Usagi-Chan~
August 21st, 2009, 08:46 AM
Im head of the police, and I say sure. Just you can clean up the buildings when they get bombed by Belgium.

Sad face, don't forget the Sad Face protection mechanism

Nuke
August 21st, 2009, 08:47 AM

The police gets a say on what the army do!? This is an insane country.

I say we wage war on Brazil because then we can steal they're national football team.

Mew Ichigo
August 21st, 2009, 09:15 AM
Im chairman of the army aswell.

No srsly, Im not wasting all our money so we can kill countries starting with the letter "B"

Jolene
August 21st, 2009, 09:22 AM
I'm not so sure whether I like the idea of going to war with Belgium just to steal their waffles and pancakes. Can't we just send our ninjas in at night, and they can raid all the bakeries?

Usagi-Chan~
August 21st, 2009, 09:23 AM
How about we buy japan with our lolcat money so we get all pokemon video games first, and force them to learn lolcat out national language

Hassamu
August 21st, 2009, 09:37 AM
We don't have any pink hippos though, so the name would be kind of misleading. Can't we break even and I'll just bake you a pink hippo cake? It won't be to scale though.

Ok, you have me convinced.

I'm in.

Mew Ichigo
August 21st, 2009, 12:09 PM
I'm not so sure whether I like the idea of going to war with Belgium just to steal their waffles and pancakes. Can't we just send our ninjas in at night, and they can raid all the bakeries?

Sure. But we need more people. Im the only ninja.

mew²
August 21st, 2009, 12:14 PM
-flies to this odd country on my Pidgeott-

Hello Rhode Island! I mean . . . I need to stop watching movies . . .

Where can I trade my money for new money?

Mew Ichigo
August 21st, 2009, 12:15 PM
-flies to this odd country on my Pidgeott-

Hello Rhode Island! I mean . . . I need to stop watching movies . . .

Where can I trade my money for new money?

I dunno.

WHOS RUNNING THE MINT/POST OFFICE?!?

Kura
August 21st, 2009, 01:43 PM

Belgium would obviously win. You guys have like 4 people for defenses. Not to mention absolutely no resources.

ReyRey-Pyon
August 21st, 2009, 01:54 PM
WHAT?!
You guys are going to war already? without me?

This is relevant to my interests

As self proclaimed dictator of this island /bricked
I demand to take part in this war D:
You can't go into war without me you know ;< you wont stand a chance /unlessiscrewitup :D

Kura
August 21st, 2009, 02:05 PM
No one wants to promote a country that's just going to keep going to war. :/ Everyone wants world peace. Well.. anyone decent, that is.

Jolene
August 21st, 2009, 02:05 PM
There's no war. We're raiding the bakeries.

ReyRey-Pyon
August 21st, 2009, 02:07 PM
raiding bakeries?
No war?
awwww I was looking forward to one
/sulks back into lurkbox :<

can i at least use one grenade? 8D /bat****insane

Usagi-Chan~
August 21st, 2009, 02:57 PM
Okay, I'm up for raiding bakeries :D, I proclaim myself to be head of Foreign Relations, cause I will deal with the other countries jealousy of our lolcat money :)

shinx95
August 21st, 2009, 06:07 PM
Hey, I want in! This thread is great!
I want to run the Post Office!! The envelopes shall be fruit scented!
That will make everyone happy when they go to get their mail! :)
And how about we make all the stamps a scratch-and-sniff??

~Assassin~
August 21st, 2009, 06:14 PM
this is probaly the best country in the world.
sign me up in the Army and i'm gonna scare the enemy away

hold on...
no WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:(

Åzurε
August 21st, 2009, 08:09 PM
I'm in! *jumps* :D

I call the position of Spanish Inquisitor.
Anyone who fails my inquisitions (which nobody will ever expect), will either be subject to being strapped to the face of a SpacePalm, or 24/7 flaming for an indefinite amount of thyme.

This is only for the obvious trolls, of course. Successful ones the whole hard drive on purpose.

Esper
August 21st, 2009, 11:02 PM
Every new country needs a map.

http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu221/oots-scarf/smileymap.jpg

Zorua
August 22nd, 2009, 12:21 AM
I have a feeling someone is totally going to nuke that country.

But hey, that's just me. I don't see what good would come out of bombing a smiley face. :(

Jack O'Neill
August 22nd, 2009, 12:46 AM
Going to war with Belgium or Brazil? Not only do you lack adequate logistics or force projection capabilities to stage an invasion, in the wild event you actually enter their territory, their militaries can and will stomp whatever you can throw at them into the ground. Next thing you know, your pathetic excuse for a nation gets completely wiped off the map by the Americans.

Also, trying to buy off the country of Japan? Without precious metal reserves, your currency isn't even worth the paper it's printed on, and the prime minister will just laugh in your face and tell you to never set foot on Japanese soil ever again.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 22nd, 2009, 01:05 AM
Going to war with Belgium or Brazil? Not only do you lack adequate logistics or force projection capabilities to stage an invasion, in the wild event you actually enter their territory, their militaries can and will stomp whatever you can throw at them into the ground. Next thing you know, your pathetic excuse for a nation gets completely wiped off the map by the Americans.

Also, trying to buy off the country of Japan? Without precious metal reserves, your currency isn't even worth the paper it's printed on, and the prime minister will just laugh in your face and tell you to never set foot on Japanese soil ever again.
That was harsh... 0_0
But it was reality.

The truth is, most Micronations aren't even recognized by the UN so you'll just be recognized as terrorists.

Mew Ichigo
August 22nd, 2009, 04:24 AM
We need a list of who is who.

President: Jolene
Vice President: ?
Post Office: shinx95
Head of Army: Mew Ichigo
Head of Bakeries: ?
Head of Police: Mew Ichigo

Come on guys, who is who :O

Usagi-Chan~
August 22nd, 2009, 07:36 AM
I'll be vice president, It will be fun being a figure of authority :D

ReyRey-Pyon
August 22nd, 2009, 07:50 AM
I'm self proclaimed empress ;< I'll see no objections or else I'll nuke your island /stare

I also wish to be head of your Navy forces ;<

No objections?
I thought so ;]

Blue Nocturne
August 22nd, 2009, 07:54 AM
I'll be happy to be chief of medicine as long as i can still work with patients. But how does everyone feel about taking medical advice from a 13 year old, no matter how capable he may be?

Kura
August 22nd, 2009, 08:36 AM

Haha, for once I actually like what you've posted. In short: Agreed.

elli
August 22nd, 2009, 08:58 AM
Wow, some of you. Why so rational? D: This isn't serious business.

I wish to immigrate to this country, preferably legally. Where might I go about obtaining citizenship? :3

Mew Ichigo
August 22nd, 2009, 11:04 AM
Vice President: Usagi-Chan~
Head of Bakeries: ?
Head of Health Care: Blue Nocturne

Jolene
August 22nd, 2009, 11:21 AM
Every new country needs a map.

http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu221/oots-scarf/smileymap.jpg

Wow, that's a really nice map, Scarf.:)

I like that you came up with some place names and stuff as well. Does anybody else have some ideas for places that could be on the island? I was thinking there should be a cotton candy forest, or a chocolate mine...

Also, we still need a head of bakeries, or the waffles won't taste very nice. :shocked:

Spherical Ice
August 22nd, 2009, 12:59 PM
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff288/Sphericalice/5kt.jpg
That's the money.

I'm in. Baker plz.

Usagi-Chan~
August 22nd, 2009, 01:05 PM
Vice President: Usagi-Chan~
Head of Bakeries: Spherical Ice
Head of Health Care: Blue Nocturne

twocows
August 22nd, 2009, 01:13 PM
The only problem I see is that your country will be rife with piracy, since everyone knows ninjas can't stop it.

Zorua
August 22nd, 2009, 01:17 PM

Well, whaddya know? Jack speaks the truth about this. :[

What a way to crush someone's imagination, dude.

Spherical Ice
August 22nd, 2009, 11:35 PM
HUGE WAFFLES! (http://www.thefreshdiet.com/images/www.thefreshdiet.com/media_image_gallery/fresh_diet_waffle.jpg)
It's so my desktop. I'm so proud of myself. My first batch!

Halcyon
August 23rd, 2009, 02:18 AM
THIS THREAD IS MADE UP OF EPIC WIN!

Yes, I would definitely want to.
But do you have enough money for all that? :O

And... No Combees? D:

.inLOVE
August 23rd, 2009, 04:00 AM
Moving to your country, because all the cool kids are doing it.

HomicideCrunkMan
August 23rd, 2009, 04:24 PM
gimme a ticket and I'm in!!!!
Also can the national anthem be crunk army dance party by dropping a popped locket or supersex by dot dot curve (yes, i'm a scene kid. do you have a [problem] with that???

jigglypuff_96
August 24th, 2009, 06:21 PM
I want in!!!!!!!
But, there should be a force feild around it so nobody can attack! kk?

Patchisou Yutohru
August 24th, 2009, 06:26 PM
lol. Some people get so serious over something so clearly not.

Anyway, this thread makes me happy. Somehow it manages to make me laugh regardless of how many times I read it.

Usagi-Chan~
August 24th, 2009, 06:27 PM
HUGE WAFFLES! (http://www.thefreshdiet.com/images/www.thefreshdiet.com/media_image_gallery/fresh_diet_waffle.jpg)
It's so my desktop. I'm so proud of myself. My first batch!

Gimme some of those waffles for I am vice-pres.

Cassino
August 25th, 2009, 02:20 AM
I have a feeling someone is totally going to nuke that country.
Given Scarf's map there it looks as though it already has been nuked, remaining only as an atoll surrounding a water-filled crater.