PDA

View Full Version : Hesitant to Sleep?

Lady Gaga
August 20th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Hey. do you guys ever feel somewhat scared to go to sleep. pray to god that you hope enobody will come to your house and kill you? hide under your covers, and stay awak even if you hear the slightest cracck, or you har something outside, or think you hear somebody in your house? im like that every day T_T how about you guys?

Zero°
August 20th, 2009, 05:49 PM
same here. I'm a nervous wreck.
Sometimes, I think a ghost will come out of my closet and attack me. :|

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 20th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Yes. Aside from being sadistic I'm also paranoid. In my old house, when going up the stairs there was a window facing outside behind me. I always ran up the stairs so snipers could not get proper aim.

But yeah, I do listen for every single creak or occurrences like that.

Azonic
August 20th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Nope, never really did... UNTIL I READ THIS THREAD. ;____;

ugggh

Loud and Annoying Pidgey
August 20th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Surprisingly, I can be like that sometimes. Jumpy and nervous O.o

.little monster
August 20th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Nope, I love sleeping so much~

Jolene
August 20th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Sometimes after watching a scary film I get really nervous and need to have my TV on while I'm going to sleep.

Lady Gaga
August 20th, 2009, 05:59 PM
ya, when its dark, and i need to get sometinhg in my house, i run as fast as i can, near the walls, looking back and forth, screaming and shouting Dx

Zero°
August 20th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Oh My Pork. If I have to go to the bathroom at night, I slowly open the door, incase a serial killer isn't on the other side, then I close my eyes and turn on the bathroom light, since my bathroom is right infront of my room. then I look around the bathroom, making sure there aren't any zombies in. Then I lock the door, to make sure that the serial killer doesn't get in. and the process repeats as I exit.

silverdreams92
August 20th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I was until about a year ago. I used to not be able to sleep facing away from my doorway, and would freak out at the slightest noise. I`m not as bad anymore, but I still need to sleep with a light on in a room I can see clearly into from my bedroom. It just comforts me.

Aizuke
August 20th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Whoa, talk about paranoia. :x

Though circumstances are people would feel that way if they lived in a bad neighbourhood, or they don't feel their house is secure enough. But yeah, that's.. really bad paranoia. XD;

My house is probably the safest place I know, plus my parents are pretty paranoid people and make us check if all the doors are locked before going to bed, so I don't feel the need to think thoughts that someone evil is lurking outside my house. Paranoia like that is probably the cause of insomnia and why people are scared of the dark, which sucks. I have no trouble sleeping, no matter where I am and usually problems I have is what keeps me up at night, but I rarely have problems, so I sleep fine.

2A4Rulez
August 20th, 2009, 07:09 PM
No I didn't,until just now.:paranoid:
All the lights in my room were off so I got scared and ran to the light and turned it on as fast as I could.

Manaphy1128
August 20th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Definitely. I'm always the last one to go asleep in my family. On visits to the bathroom at night I carry my dog with me to the bathroom, look everywhere, and then rush to get to the bathroom. I listen to music to stop hearing the noises of the fridge or the cars outside or of the fan. I used to have a nightlight until it stopped working, but now I'm fine in the dark, but I still hate the darkness. I often have horrible visions of myself getting stabbed through the stomach or neck in the middle of the night.

Twisted Cuteness
August 20th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Ugh, I'm such a light sleeper. I The air conditioner clicking on jolts me awake (and thats a soft sound) I get paranoid when car lights go by my window >:(

Dogboy2709
August 20th, 2009, 07:38 PM
I usually only do this after i watch Paranormal stuff on TV really late at night....other then that, nope.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 20th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Ummm no and there is no way I'm going to pray to someone that I know does not exist. Besides I have Insomnia so its hard for me to sleep

:t354:TG

Samme!
August 20th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Not until you brought the subject up :P

I used to have terrible sleep problems and I had to sleep right next to my parents bed for a whole month! But then my Doctor prescribed Melatonin which helps me get to sleep so I usually use that if I'm scared or if it's past midnight and I'm on the computer and I have to wake up early the next day !! (current situation*)

But now I am usually fine ^^

Citrinin
August 20th, 2009, 08:48 PM
No. Occasionally I have trouble getting to sleep, but not out of fear.

Forever
August 21st, 2009, 12:56 AM
Yeah whenever I'm hesitant to sleep Gummy comes along and makes IT better~

But seriously, I'm fine with sleeping. Sometimes I wonder how I'm supposed to sleep, but that's all. XD;

Hiidoran
August 21st, 2009, 01:03 AM
I used to be petrified something was going to happen to either my family or myself during the nighttime, when I was a child. I remember having horrible nightmares of murderers or monsters coming in and killing everyone, and I was nothing shy of helpless. ._. Pretty scary dreams for someone so young.

Needless to say, this developed into a fairly large case of insomnia when I grew up a little. I was on medication for it for a few years, but I slowly lost the need to use it. Now, I can sleep just fine with no issues - and no nightmares, to boot! o/

Though, I usually like to have some kind of white-noise in the background. Television, fan, radio, etc. Just something to block out the other, more sporadic noises of the night.

♣Gawain♣
August 21st, 2009, 02:12 AM
I'm nervous to go sleep when I watch ultra-scary movies, after a horrible incident, and after drinking sodas before bedtime.

Royal Squirt
August 21st, 2009, 02:16 AM
I sometimes wish someone would come into my house, just because it'd be interesting. The thought doesn't keep me up though.

Soul Eater
August 21st, 2009, 02:29 AM
I always feel like that. I also can't watch scary movies. Like, scary movies other people find amusing. D: I get massive and very severe nightmares from them.

I do know that watching Ghost Hunters on Wednesday kind of jump starts me fear scale. XD I'm usually okay though, if I leave the light on and have a movie playing.

I'm also afraid of my window. Like, if I look out my window when my room is dimly lit, I freak out and have to turn on the light. :|

Signomi
August 21st, 2009, 02:40 AM
I'm usually not too bothered by anything in the night that would actually prevent me from sleeping, unless say...my mind is cluttered with thoughts and is far too active, an odd horror movie has given me too many weird images in my mind that keeps me from sleeping...basically those two. In the past I used to live in rather unusual areas where various shifty things would be going on through the night, so during that time I had a lot of trouble trying to sleep because I'd be so worried about my family and just...how secure our house might be. But it became something you can be accustomed to after a while. Even now I still don't think that's something you should ever get used to, but you just expect certain things to happen when you live in an area for a while.

ShinjisLover
August 21st, 2009, 03:05 AM
Nope. Loud noises may scare me, but I usually jump, laugh at myself for being a wussy, and then go to sleep. Even after scary movies.

That sleep hesitance is more like paranoia . . . As long as you have an alarm in your house, I see no reason to be afraid. Besides, unless you live in the ghetto, you have a slim chance of someone breaking into your house.

Alex_
August 21st, 2009, 03:53 AM
I kinda grew out of that phase when I turned 6.

Mew Ichigo
August 21st, 2009, 03:55 AM
I can never get to sleep, worried or not.

Lady Gaga
August 21st, 2009, 04:50 AM
Nope. Loud noises may scare me, but I usually jump, laugh at myself for being a wussy, and then go to sleep. Even after scary movies.

That sleep hesitance is more like paranoia . . . As long as you have an alarm in your house, I see no reason to be afraid. Besides, unless you live in the ghetto, you have a slim chance of someone breaking into your house.

ya, i wish T_T it broke a year ago...

and, well, that kind of place is across the bridge right across the street...

so, you all dont have to try to comfort me, i got my reasons to be scared, this is about you remeber? x3

FlyingSquirrel
August 21st, 2009, 05:35 AM
I had someone try to break in when i was sleeping back in the US states..
I was not in panik but still scared after that i slept with a knife lol

Idiot!
August 21st, 2009, 11:15 PM
Sometimes, when I remember nightmares from last night.

sabapple
August 22nd, 2009, 08:47 PM
I always jump at every little noise. And it's bad because I have problems getting to sleep, I could just lay in bed for hours and not have any luck drifting off to sleep. Now I always leave the tv on at night 'cause it is better when everything isn't dead quiet then you hear the door creak or something. I even formed a habit of looking at the four corners of my ceiling when in bed, make sure there's nothing up there. And I've had a fear of someone coming in and killing my family after watching a 48 Hours where a kid woke up and everyone in his house was shot and killed and he had to walk miles through the woods to get to the police station. :( *sigh* I always leave the light on at night, so I could see my whole room. It's terrible how I'm so jumpy... :(

Noah Ridgewood
August 22nd, 2009, 10:15 PM
I read this thread, turned around, turned on the lights, and then shut the blinds.

Not that this thread was the cause for me to do so as I normally would do that all anyway this late at night, where I hear things and assume the worst. Back when I was going through depression, my psychiatrist diagnosed me with some fancy word that meant something along the lines of being scared that someone was... something. omg, I can't remember, its been so long ago. But I have paranoia all the time. And I mean all the time. Not just at night. One of my worst fears is someone being in the house with me who isn't wanted -- and omg, I was planning on going downstairs to get a drink and now I just want to... stay put. o_o

But seriously, especially if I watch one of those shows like Snapped and other true crime stories on television, it really gets me feeling very paranoid of my surroundings and realize that anything can happen at any given point in time and its just... not a comfortable feeling for me.

But the rush of adrenaline is awesome, omg. :>

Halcyon
August 23rd, 2009, 02:22 AM
My bed is too comfortable that I cannot hear any distractions.

But outside... No way!

Anxiety.
August 23rd, 2009, 06:46 AM
Hey. do you guys ever feel somewhat scared to go to sleep. pray to god that you hope enobody will come to your house and kill you? hide under your covers, and stay awak even if you hear the slightest cracck, or you har something outside, or think you hear somebody in your house? im like that every day T_T how about you guys?

I'm exactly like this. I'm actually scared to go to sleep. I have to curl up into a ball in the top corner of my bed.
I'm a nervous, twitchy, paranoid idiot. My heart beats so fast when I know I have to go to sleep, I panic. I hate being helpless, and when I'm asleep that's what I am.

It's horrible. I'm very jumpy, if there is a small creak or bang I jump really violently, then can't sleep for the rest of the night. I hate it.

EDIT: I also hallucinate at night, so when I think someone is there, I see them, even if they aren't, if that makes sense.

Gold warehouse
August 23rd, 2009, 08:28 AM
I used to get afraid to the point where I would actually barricade myself in my room at night, I'm not even sure what I was afraid of. I also sort of had hallucinations, I didn't think that people where there, but the room and walls seemed to get a lot larger whilst the doorway seemed a lot smaller; does that count as a hallucination? idk... xD
This happened up until I was about 13-14.

Now I'm usually too exhausted to even think about anything like that when I go to bed. I never get afraid at all, even when Kenji kindly provided me with some frightening stories before I went to sleep. xD
No more visions of room distortions either.

Trap-Eds
August 23rd, 2009, 08:28 AM
Yeah, when I was younger I used to hate going to sleep, because most of the time I'd lie there unable to stop thinking of scary things....

But when I finally realized that most of the things I was scared of thinking about weren't really that bad, now I sleep like a baby. :sleeping:

SonicThrust
August 24th, 2009, 12:03 PM
I don't think I've been afraid to go to sleep since I was um...8? Maybe younger. The worst I get now is random thoughts of "lol, if were actually important I would be really easy to assassinate" which make me laugh.

Rokusasu
August 24th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Only if I watch something like Doctor Who... I don't watch horror films because they scare me too much and I get paranoid that the fictional serial killers/ monsters are gonna come in my room and kill me. =X

Stellar
August 24th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I looove sleeping, there could be trained assassins positioned outside every door and every window and I'd still be out like a light.

The only exception is after a scary movie. Not slasher horror or anything, but real paranormal stuff. I love those movies though, and the fear never lasts long. (:

Captain Fabio
August 24th, 2009, 12:59 PM
I never really think about someone coming into the house.
I am not paranoid.

Luck
August 24th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Yes actually. I always make sure to lock both doors, shut the blinds, and make sure the oven is off before I go to sleep.

HyPeRsHoCk
August 24th, 2009, 02:37 PM
I don't really get scared unless I hear a loud noise outside...

jigglypuff_96
August 24th, 2009, 06:14 PM
omgish story of my life. When I was small I had to sleep with my parents until I was 6 and if they werent with me when I woke up, I thought they left me forever. Now I'm really scared of a fire happening, I got this because my dad was one of ten children and 5 of the children died in a fire during the night, more than 30 years ago. One of them was only 10. I'm also scared because my dad's work van has an ladder on top of it, just rapped with wire and my room is infront of the house with a big section of the roof on it. Also when I was younger I thought aliens would steal me XP.

So dont worry iDawg, I know how you feel.

HyPeRsHoCk
August 24th, 2009, 06:24 PM
omgish story of my life. When I was small I had to sleep with my parents until I was 6 and if they werent with me when I woke up, I thought they left me forever. Now I'm really scared of a fire happening, I got this because my dad was one of ten children and 5 of the children died in a fire during the night, more than 30 years ago. One of them was only 10. I'm also scared because my dad's work van has an ladder on top of it, just rapped with wire and my room is infront of the house with a big section of the roof on it. Also when I was younger I thought aliens would steal me XP.

So dont worry iDawg, I know how you feel.

Dang. That sucks. I'm really sorry about that. :(

jigglypuff_96
August 24th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Dang. That sucks. I'm really sorry about that. :(

Thankies <3 Don't worry though, their in a better place now :)

Lady Gaga
August 24th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Thankies <3 Don't worry though, their in a better place now :)

yes, i feel the smae way about my brothers and sisters. i never met them (their were 4, i was the middle child of us 5), because they died before they were born, though, i know they are in better place. =D

jigglypuff_96
August 24th, 2009, 07:00 PM
yes, i feel the smae way about my brothers and sisters. i never met them (their were 4, i was the middle child of us 5), because they died before they were born, though, i know they are in better place. =D

Im so sorry, but we will see all of the one day :)

Lady Gaga
August 24th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Im so sorry, but we will see all of the one day :)

yes, and i really cant wait. =D

hah, i hope this makes me sleep better x3