PDA

View Full Version : Ramadhan Al-Mubarak- Happy Ramadhan!

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 21st, 2009, 09:42 AM
Sine it's the 22nd of August and the moon sightings confirmed it, let me be the first to say,
Happy Ramadhan Al-Mubarak or Ramadhan Mubarak!!! Yay!

For those of you who are blissfully ignorant don't know, Ramadan is one of the holiest months in the Islamic calendar in which muslims fast (abstain from food and drink) and try to be better people. It's also a month of spiritual reflection, doing good deeds and spending time with family and friends.

Ramadan is a month long celebration that ends with the celebration of Eid ul-Fitr (in my language it's pronounced Aidilfitri).

For more information:

http://www.ramadan.co.uk/index1.php?page=others.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramadan
http://islam.about.com/od/ramadan/a/ram_benefits.htm

Happy Ramadhan!!!

On a side note: Try not to flame. ^__^ I'm too tired to argue right now...

Mew Ichigo
August 21st, 2009, 09:45 AM
Happy Ramadhan!!!

Im fasting tomorrow.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 21st, 2009, 09:47 AM
Happy Ramadhan!!!

Im fasting tomorrow.
Congrats, I had no idea you were a Muslim. ^_^

Feign
August 21st, 2009, 09:49 AM
Happy Ramadhan! I remember that holiday whilst with my Indonesian friends. Ramadhan for most people is either the biggest or 2nd biggest celebration for them (of course depending on family traditions).

If I recall Eid ul-Fitr was not only a day of food and celebration, but also foregiveness.

Jolene
August 21st, 2009, 10:48 AM
Can I still wish you a happy Ramadan even though I'm not Islamic?

Also, is fasting fun, or is it kind of difficult?

Feign
August 21st, 2009, 10:53 AM

Children aren't as regimented as adults, so sometimes they either don't have to follow it, or follow it as strictly. But it can especially depend where you are in the world. Where I live, we get a good amount of daylight, while compared to other countries, it could be up to 12 hours between meals. But of course they get used to this (or rather their body does).

Mew Ichigo
August 21st, 2009, 11:52 AM
Congrats, I had no idea you were a Muslim. ^_^

Yup. And proud ^^

Of course! Its like Christmas, I can wish you a Merry Christmas.

Its hard when you first start, but then kinda fun. I like the feeling when Im hungry.

Chaostorm
August 21st, 2009, 11:54 AM
Im as well a muslim , so Ramadhan Mubarak ^^

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 21st, 2009, 06:11 PM

Yep, like Mew Ichigo said, it's like Christmas and everyone should join in the festivities. On Eid ul-Fitr here in Malaysia, we hold open houses for everyone to enjoy, even other religions. :D

And fasting is fun in a way. You eat early in the morning(during Suhoor/Sahur) and then you fast for the rest of the day. When the sun finally sets(Maghrib), you can eat and the food tastes better after fasting for a full day. It really is fun.

Also, children aren't forced to fast, only people who have reached puberty. Children can fast if they want to though. :)

TRIFORCE89
August 21st, 2009, 06:41 PM
To quote Krusty the Clown, have a a solemn and dignified Ramadan. lol

Have a Happy Ramadan

Soari
August 21st, 2009, 07:43 PM
Glad to see a thread for Ramadan anyways, Ramadan AL-Mubarak to all the muslims/non-muslims here in PC!

Umm Yeah I am a muslim too.

♣Gawain♣
August 21st, 2009, 11:12 PM
Im as well a muslim , so Ramadhan Mubarak ^^

I've no idea you were a Muslim! Anyways, Happy Ramadhan! It's one of the 5 pillars of Muslims. Another is one must go to Mecca once in a lifetime(or so), you Muslim guys be going there?

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 22nd, 2009, 01:16 AM
To quote Krusty the Clown, have a a solemn and dignified Ramadan. lol

Have a Happy Ramadan
I saw that episode. XD

Glad to see a thread for Ramadan anyways, Ramadan AL-Mubarak to all the muslims/non-muslims here in PC!
Glad to see Muslims here on PC besides me. Ramadan Al-Mubarak to you too. It's almost Maghrib here so I'll be able to Break Fast soon.

I've no idea you were a Muslim! Anyways, Happy Ramadhan! It's one of the 5 pillars of Muslims. Another is one must go to Mecca once in a lifetime(or so), you Muslim guys be going there?
The pillars are as follows in no particular order:
1.Pray 5 times a day.
2.Fast in the month of Ramadhan.(Sawm)
3.Go for the Hajj (pilgrimage) if able(financially and physically).
4.Declaration of Shahadah(declaration of faith)
5.Zakat(charitable alms-giving to the poor based on accumulated wealth).

And yeah, when I have enough money.
FunFact: It is recommended to break fast with something sweet and healthy such as dates.

Mew Ichigo
August 22nd, 2009, 03:32 AM
I am so hungry DX
Anyway, I cant wait till Eid! We always have yummy curry!

Chaostorm
August 22nd, 2009, 04:03 AM
You , Ive been there twice , its good that you found out that im a muslim xd

@Mew Ichigo : lol , I stayed awake yesterday till 5:00 AM to eat before I sleep , and now I dont feel hungry xD

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 22nd, 2009, 04:05 AM
I am so hungry DX
Anyway, I cant wait till Eid! We always have yummy curry!
Curry is nice. ^__^

In Malaysia we usually have Rendang(a type of beef stew), ketupat(a form of sticky rice) and a whole host of delicacies.

I just broke fast by the way, it's already Maghrib in Malaysia and now I'm going for tarawih.
We had noodles and fried rice with potato stew. It was delicious. ^__^
http://www.peninsulamalaysiancuisine.com/images/fd05_beef_rendang.jpg
(This is Rendang by the way)
Sorry to those that are still fasting. It looks good though.

Now, just 29/30 more days to go till Eid!!!

@Mew Ichigo : lol , I stayed awake yesterday till 5:00 AM to eat before I sleep , and now I dont feel hungry xD It's called 'Suhoor' for anyone who doesn't know. ^_^

Mew Ichigo
August 22nd, 2009, 04:21 AM
Why did you post that picture ;_;

Chaostorm
August 22nd, 2009, 04:49 AM
haha , it doesnt make me feel hungry xD , I ate too much yesterday

Jad
August 22nd, 2009, 05:14 AM
HAPPY RAMADAN!!!
Who is fasting
i am

رمضان كريم

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/6627/image001vcq.jpg
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3003/image003nld.gif

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9004/image002e.gif

اعادة الله علينا وعليكم وعلي امة المسلمين بالخير واليمن والبركات

" قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم

(من قام رمضانا" ايمانا واحتسابا" غفر له ما تقدم من ذنبه . )

( اقْرَءُوا الْقُرْآنَ فَإِنَّهُ يَأْتِى يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ شَفِيعًا لأَصْحَابِهِ... )

( من قام ليله القدر ايمانا واحتسابا" غفر له ما تقدم من ذنبه )

(من فطر صائما كان له مثل اجره غير انه لاينقص من اجر الصائم شئ ) ..

(من فرج عن مسلم كربة من كرب الدنيا فرج الله عنه كربة من كرب الآخرة ومن ستر أخاه المؤمن في الدنيا ستره الله في الآخرة والله في عون العبد ما كان العبد في عون أخيه. . )

رب اغفر لي و لوالدي و أصحاب الحقوق على والمؤمنين والمؤمنات والمسلمين والمسلمات الأحياء منهم والأموات يوم يقوم الحساب انك قريب تجيب الدعاء – آمين.

الحمد لله رب العالمين والصلاة والسلام على اشرف المرسلين وعلى اله الطيبين

كل عام وأنتم بخير

Mew Ichigo
August 22nd, 2009, 06:26 AM
Im fasting!

Im hungry :(

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 22nd, 2009, 07:28 AM
Why did you post that picture ;_;
I just broke fast. XD
Then I went for Tarawih.

Don't you eat in the morning? Suhoor then pray Subuh then go back to sleep. ^_^

Jordan
August 22nd, 2009, 07:35 AM
Have a wonderful time, my fellow Abrahamics! :D

.little monster
August 22nd, 2009, 07:54 AM
Well, even though I am not Muslim myself I decided that I would participate in Ramadhan this year as part of a spiritual journey, as some would say. I have not broke fast at all since it started by the way. : 3 Happy Ramadhan to all who participate~

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 22nd, 2009, 08:11 AM
Well, even though I am not Muslim myself I decided that I would participate in Ramadhan this year as part of a spiritual journey, as some would say. I have not broke fast at all since it started by the way. : 3 Happy Ramadhan to all who participate~
That's nice, we don't fast 24/7 for the entire month btw.
It goes like this, we wake up at usually 4 A.M. or before the dawn prayer. Then, we fast until the sun fully sinks in the sky(Maghrib). But congrats on trying new things, it's fun and the food tastes better at the end of the day. Also, it's like dieting.

poopnoodle
August 22nd, 2009, 08:46 AM
I'm not religious by any means, but I try to celebrate many religious holidays. Ramadan is a lovely celebration based around honoring fellowship and nurturing the self. I tried to fast last year and failed x|...no self-discipline. (And, to my understanding you're not supposed to indulge in anything excessively...but I'll pretty much be abandoning myself to PoCo and MSN for the rest of, well, my life. That's my plan so far.) This year will be a new endeavor, good luck and Happy Ramadan to everyone participating!

Mew Ichigo
August 22nd, 2009, 08:51 AM
I ate.

Its my first time. Maybe Im still to young.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 22nd, 2009, 09:24 AM
I ate.

Its my first time. Maybe Im still to young.
Aww. Ah well, you can try tomorrow. If you were starving and going to faint then, you have to eat. Don't fast up to the point where you might kill yourself. If you feel fasting to be unbearable, then you must eat. Self torture is bad.

The point of fasting in Ramadhan is to train yourself to not fall for your desires so easily. Lust and such things are examples. However, if you're really starving, that's not your desires but actually it's your needs. Desires and needs are two different things.

To anyone fasting, if you're really starving and you feel like you might die/faint/gastric/ect please just eat. You can replace it at a later date.

Also, Ii know many people have heard this word 'Jihad'. Jihad does not mean mindlessly slaughtering people. It means 'struggle'. Fighting for a cause as in physical violence is known as the 'lesser Jihad'. Struggling to control your desires is known as the 'greater Jihad'.

Fasting is the 'greater Jihad' since you struggle against your own desires which is food. Jihad is not a bad thing I assure you. Trying to control your desires is what Jihad is about.

Tips for fasting:
1. Don't exert yourself
2. Eat a heavy meal during Suhoor.
3. Don't think about food or water.
4. Drink warm water during Suhoor to avoid thirst.
5. Brush your teeth first during Suhoor so you don't have to suffer with thirst for the rest of the day.
6. Pray

Maybe if I said that I started fasting when i was 7 would motivate you. No? The first time is the hardest. You'll get used to it.

Keep fighting sister(in Islam)!

Mew Ichigo
August 22nd, 2009, 09:30 AM
I will try tomorrow. Thank you.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 22nd, 2009, 09:32 AM
I will try tomorrow. Thank you.
Good luck. ^___^
I'll be rooting for you.

Also, remember what I said about eating when you're really desperate.

Jad
August 22nd, 2009, 11:06 AM
If you would like to not feel hungry stay on the pc
time will fly or watch movies

It's hard to do thatt cuz my mom wants stuff to cook
today went in the sun
very hot(i started to swet(dehydrate))
and went to buy my mom stuff
17kg watermelon
2kg apple
Hommos
meat and they is a large distance between the stores

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 22nd, 2009, 10:59 PM
If you would like to not feel hungry stay on the pc
time will fly or watch movies

It's hard to do thatt cuz my mom wants stuff to cook
today went in the sun
very hot(i started to swet(dehydrate))
and went to buy my mom stuff
17kg watermelon
2kg apple
Hommos
meat and they is a large distance between the stores
Or you could pray and read the Quran/Koran. That's what Ramadhan is about anyway...
Just saying.

Jad
August 23rd, 2009, 05:32 AM
off course i pray and read quran in ramadan
but what do i do in the other time
in a day we pray like 30 min
read quran for some hours
and play on pc

Freezer
August 23rd, 2009, 05:45 AM
I'm fasting right now. :D
Ramadhan Moubarak to all Muslims/non-Muslims in PC.

Yes, I'm a muslim. ^^

Spherical Ice
August 23rd, 2009, 05:51 AM
Happy Ramadhan, guys. I'm doing my first whole day today. When I woke up, I was starving. Now, I'm fine (he says, glaring lustfully at the water bottle on his desk). It's not THAT hard.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 23rd, 2009, 07:17 AM
Happy Ramadhan, guys. I'm doing my first whole day today. When I woke up, I was starving. Now, I'm fine (he says, glaring lustfully at the water bottle on his desk). It's not THAT hard.
He's right, it's not that hard. It's worth it when Eid comes along.

Spherical Ice
August 23rd, 2009, 08:04 AM
Well, so far, I'm doing fine. A bit tired, but I think I'll just take a nap for a while... Meh.

Corvus of the Black Night
August 23rd, 2009, 08:18 AM
Happy Ramadhan. Even though I'm not Muslim, I believe it is important to respect the holidays of others. Also, be careful when fasting, alright? There's times I've almost fainted, so be careful. I'm no doctor, but I think it's a bit unhealthy for 11-12 year olds to be fasting at such an age. I'm no pro on Islam, so I don't know if there's a year that fasting begins, but do what you ought to do.

Now I expect return postage on September 18th.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 23rd, 2009, 08:28 AM
Happy Ramadhan.

Now I expect return postage on September 18th.
Which is what? My father's birthday is on that day...

And yeah, Happy Ramadhan!
Now in its third day.

August 23rd, 2009, 08:39 AM
Which is what? My father's birthday is on that day...

And yeah, Happy Ramadhan!
Now in its third day.
That would be Rosh Hashanah. It's basically the Jewish new year.

Wait, third day? Damn, I know it's about a month but how many days of fasting is this exactly? I'm pretty frail, I can barely go through 15 hours without getting the shakes, and it still effects me a few days later.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 23rd, 2009, 08:51 AM
That would be Rosh Hashanah. It's basically the Jewish new year.

Wait, third day? Damn, I know it's about a month but how many days of fasting is this exactly? I'm pretty frail, I can barely go through 15 hours without getting the shakes, and it still effects me a few days later.
Ah I see. I've never heard of it till now but it's nice to widen my knowledge. ^__^
I probably won't be on PC during Eid so can someone create the Eid thread while I'm gone. I'm going to my grandparents to celebrate as I do every year.
And yeah, Ramadhan is one month long. Fasting starts from when the sun rises(Fajr/Subuh) until the sun sets(Maghrib). Basically, it depends on the sun. If you're fasting in the equatorial regions, then you pretty much fast for a consistent time no matter what time of year it is.

If you're fasting in the Northern or Southern Hemisphere, the day will either be longer or shorter and that affects your fasting time. If you live in the poles well, I'm not sure.
Here, we fast for 12 hours, red the earlier posts to understand more.

Oh, one more thing, I might not be here on Rosh Hashanah so sorry because I have an exam possibly. If I'm here I'll be sure to post.

August 23rd, 2009, 09:25 AM
Heheeheheh, that's quite a while away. By the way, what's Eid? Sorry if I sound like a total idiot or anything, XD

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 23rd, 2009, 09:52 AM
Heheeheheh, that's quite a while away. By the way, what's Eid?
Eid ul-Fitr is the celebration of being able to fast for one month. This celebration is celebrated in the Islamic month of Syawal which is directly after Ramadhan. Usually, the celebration takes place on the 1st Syawal but then it is celebrated for the entire month in some cases. Eid is a time of enjoyment and thankfullness. Eid marks the end o Ramdhan. Eid ul-Fitr is referred to as the lesser Eid as opposed to Eid ul-Adha the greater Eid. Many muslims however celebrate Eid ul-Fitr more extravagantly than Eid ul-Adha. Also, it is forbidden to fast on the first day of Syawal.

We get to eat lots of tasty food on Eid. Just think of it as the biggest holiday in Islam like Christmas for Christians ad Hanukkah for Jews.

More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_ul-Fitr

August 23rd, 2009, 09:54 AM
Ah, that makes sense. your comparison to Hanukkah is silly

This may be silly to ask, but do you get presents too? XP

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 23rd, 2009, 09:59 AM
Ah, that makes sense. your comparison to Hanukkah is silly

This may be silly to ask, but do you get presents too? XP
Umm... not sure about other countries but here in Malaysia we get money. I'm not sure where this tradition came from though. I don't know what other countries do as well for Eid.

August 23rd, 2009, 10:05 AM
Ah, okay. Heheheheh, I'm just trying to get a better grasp of the holiday, that's all. :3

Spherical Ice
August 24th, 2009, 12:17 AM
I managed to do the whole day yesterday. I'm not fasting today, though.

Freezer
August 24th, 2009, 05:09 AM
I managed to do the whole day yesterday. I'm not fasting today, though.
I managed too. 8D Even saturday.
I'm gonna fast the whole month anyway.

Jad
August 24th, 2009, 05:11 AM
o-o
yy u no fastng
i fast everyday
since me young

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 24th, 2009, 05:18 AM
o-o
yy u no fastng
i fast everyday
since me young
It's okay if you haven't reached puberty yet. (Baligh)
I however, started when I was six.

©ereal Killer
August 24th, 2009, 05:28 AM
Wooo, a thread for ramadhan? Sweet! I'll be joining you guys since i is also fasting!
Its already the 3rd day... but im doin good...

Oh well, happy fasting y'all! :D