PDA

View Full Version : District 9

Jazmine Marie
August 24th, 2009, 05:00 PM
I couldn't believe there wasn't a thread for District 9 on here, so I went and made one myself! :cool:
This movie was mega epic. I can't even explain how much I love it!
Has anyone else seen it?

http://blog.seattlepi.com/shockroom/library/District9Poster.jpg

Munch Dog
August 24th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Yup I saw it. I thought it was great, even though the people I went to see it with didn't think so...

It was great, though it's epicness kind of got overshadowed by Inglorious Basterds for me. Still District 9 is an excellent movie.

JP
August 24th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Fantastic movie. Went to see it twice! I loved pretty much all of it and it's definitely my one of my favorites, if not favorite of the summer.

Loved seeing some of the Halo things in the film too. :P

Ven
August 24th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Eh, it was a good movie.
But I hate endings like dat >.<

Aurafire
August 24th, 2009, 07:35 PM
I thought it was an excellent movie, and the story was actually very believable, which helped me get into it even more. The ending was a bit anti-climactic, but overall, I enjoyed it =P

Hiidoran
August 24th, 2009, 09:16 PM
The first twenty or so minutes when it's being portrayed as a sort of "mockumentry," I wanted to get up and leave. What with the shaky camera and the annoying scene flashing, I began thinking we had a Cloverdale clone.

Good thing my friends and I decided to stick around, eh? District 9 ended up being one of the better movies I've seen this entire summer. Oh, and the ending wasn't too terrible... kinda fitting.

TRIFORCE89
August 25th, 2009, 05:42 PM
I've heard great things. It sounds very interesting. I want to see it. But...bits of it sound rather gruesome.

txteclipse
August 25th, 2009, 05:55 PM
I've heard great things. It sounds very interesting. I want to see it. But...bits of it sound rather gruesome.

Yeah, it's pretty gory. Uncomfortably so. But that's kind of the point.

I myself thought that it was the best science fiction film in quite a number of years. I've missed gritty sci-fi for a while now.

Yuoaman
August 25th, 2009, 06:27 PM
If there was a theater in my town then I'd have already seen it, though I'm sure I'll love it when I do see it.