PDA

View Full Version : Hayate no Gotoku

Roy-Kun
August 25th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Hayate is a boy who was abandoned by his parents and left with a debt of 150 Million Yen to pay to some "Good-looking guys", but one Christmas Night, he meets Sanzen'in Nagi, a child heir of a huge fortune, and, in a strange way, ends up becoming her Butler. And his debt to the "Good-looking guys" ends since Nagi decides to pay the debt herself.

Now Hayate must serve Nagi until he is able to pay his debt to Nagi, while at the same time, must face the little temper and lots of misunderstandings from the little girl, who has a crush on him, but he's oblivious to that.

Lots of anime/manga/video game parodies and comedy! And the manga is still running!

So, anyone has/is watched/watching or read/reads this anime/manga?

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 25th, 2009, 01:18 AM
Ah, I actually watch that show. Yep, the first season just ended where I'm from. To tell you the truth I'm more interested towards the comedy and utter randomness of the plot. Although, I do have at least one pairing claim related to the show.
Hayate Ayasaki x Hinagiku Katsura

I reccomend the anime/manga to anyone whose bored or needs something fun to do. XD

Roy-Kun
August 25th, 2009, 01:49 AM
Ah, I actually watch that show. Yep, the first season just ended where I'm from. To tell you the truth I'm more interested towards the comedy and utter randomness of the plot. Although, I do have at least one pairing claim related to the show.
Hayate Ayasaki x Hinagiku Katsura

I reccomend the anime/manga to anyone whose bored or needs something fun to do. XD

I like the random stuff of the plot too, it's what makes it so interesting and funny.

...Hayate and Hinagiku? You know... YOU GAINED MY RESPECT D:

digi-kun
August 25th, 2009, 05:08 AM
It's definitely nice, and I think it's the only manga I've actually kept up on as far as bought volumes go. It's great comedy, and it's pretty fun as a series in general. It's nice seeing a manga that has a (technical) side character as the most popular (AKA Hina). Anime-wise the second season is going pretty well, with Hina's awesome ED, same going for Nagi and Hayate's, and Hina singing Cruel Angel's Thesis, which thought wasn't going to happen XD

and with the introduction of Athena in the manga, it's gonna be a lot more interesting from here on out

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 25th, 2009, 07:30 AM
It's definitely nice, and I think it's the only manga I've actually kept up on as far as bought volumes go. It's great comedy, and it's pretty fun as a series in general. It's nice seeing a manga that has a (technical) side character as the most popular (AKA Hina). Anime-wise the second season is going pretty well, with Hina's awesome ED, same going for Nagi and Hayate's, and Hina singing Cruel Angel's Thesis, which thought wasn't going to happen XD

and with the introduction of Athena in the manga, it's gonna be a lot more interesting from here on out
I haven't read the manga yet but I'm planning to. The second season hasn't come out where I'm from so I'm just going to wait patiently till it does. Also, I'm interested in Hermione Ayasaki, Hayate's alter 'crossdressing' ego. And yes, Hina is awesome. XD

Wings Don't Cry
August 25th, 2009, 11:59 AM
I watch it but I don't like the way Nagi messes everything up, I like it when she makes Hayate do random things but not when she kicks him out for no good reason.

My favourite characters are Maria and Isumi because they're cool.

Tachibana Azumi
August 26th, 2009, 11:32 PM
I love that show. The randomness and the parodies crack me up.

And is it strange that I ALWAYS see a Case Closed reference every time I watch a random episode?
For example, I watch one episode and it has a CC reference, and a few days later I watch a new episode on TV, and there's ANOTHER CC reference.

...Strange.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 27th, 2009, 01:20 AM
I love that show. The randomness and the parodies crack me up.

And is it strange that I ALWAYS see a Case Closed reference every time I watch a random episode?
For example, I watch one episode and it has a CC reference, and a few days later I watch a new episode on TV, and there's ANOTHER CC reference.

...Strange.
Also, if you've noticed, Ayumu Nishizawa is in every episode. Almost every episode that I see her in relates to food in one way or another.

Wings Don't Cry
August 27th, 2009, 01:44 AM
Also, if you've noticed, Ayumu Nishizawa is in every episode. Almost every episode that I see her in relates to food in one way or another.

That's the whole point of her character in season 1, didn't you notice that, it was heavily implied that she liked food and that was all until season 2.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 27th, 2009, 03:06 AM
That's the whole point of her character in season 1, didn't you notice that, it was heavily implied that she liked food and that was all until season 2. I finished watching season 1 and am patiently waiting for season 2 so is she still in every episode in season 2? Also, it implied that she is indeed a closet glutton. XD

Also, The Sanzenin Estate has a stone bust that looks oddly like Conan Edogawa from Case Closed/Detective Conan.

Tachibana Azumi
August 28th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Do they like referencing to Case Closed...?

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 28th, 2009, 03:00 AM
Maybe it's just an inside joke with the writers?
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd74/hh_hydro/anime/Hayate%20no%20Gotoku/Hayate_no_Gotoku_ep33_00.jpg
Found this on the net...

Roy-Kun
August 28th, 2009, 08:40 AM

There are statues of Conan in the household.

Many of them, actually.