PDA

View Full Version : Chimecho after Jirachi?

ben_pokemon
August 25th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Now some of you may asked themselves or not, why is it that in the RSE Pokedex, after Jirachi the list ends with Chimecho.

I mean in all games the list ends with legendary Pokemon, but why Chimecho. It isn't a legendary, is it?

DarkAbsolX
August 25th, 2009, 07:20 AM
I think Chimecho it's relationated with something but i can't remember, but you are right chimecho it's not a rare pokemon, and i don't know why the pokedex end with him..xD

Amore
August 25th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Who knows??

I reckon that's good, it makes Hoenn more unique.

Also, it's pretty damn rare, i got everything possible on Emerald without events or trading (except that island that usually isnt there near pacifidlog), but i only ever saw 1 chimecho

DarkAbsolX
August 25th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Chimecho is dificult to find?? well i have 5 know and i don't know what ro do with them...xD

Teapot Turret
August 25th, 2009, 07:33 AM
No, it's rare but the first Pokémon I found at the top of Mt. Pyre.

mooneye
August 25th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Chimecho is dificult to find?? well i have 5 know and i don't know what ro do with them...xD
You could just release them.

DarkAbsolX
August 25th, 2009, 07:38 AM
That will be so mean :( releasing them to the wild, i never released any pokemon xD

Haunter Master
August 25th, 2009, 08:00 AM
They'll be happier in the wild then with a trainer who doesn't want them. Think about that...

DarkAbsolX
August 25th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Well you maybe right, but i will keep 2 of them, never knows when they are needed..xD

Toshiro.
August 25th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Maybe its a mistake that he's after Jirachi in the pokedex, because he is not a legendary obviously.
Idk xD

HackMew
August 25th, 2009, 10:32 AM
They'll be happier in the wild then with a trainer who doesn't want them. Think about that...

I guess, but you know... released Pokémon aren't actually released.

Maybe its a mistake that he's after Jirachi in the pokedex, because he is not a legendary obviously.
Idk xD

No, it's not a mistake. Actually, a last-minute add I bet. In fact, while the Chimecho data comes after Deoxys, in the Hoenn/National Dex it's displayed in the proper place.

Zeikku™
August 25th, 2009, 10:40 AM
I guess, but you know... released Pokémon aren't actually released.

No, it's not a mistake. Actually, a last-minute add I bet. In fact, while the Chimecho data comes after Deoxys, in the Hoenn/National Dex it's displayed in the proper place.

Exactly, We have learned that data for chimecho comes after Deoxies, The national dex was made to order them all correctly.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 25th, 2009, 12:37 PM
maybe they forgot about poor little Chimecho, so they had to squeeze him in

:t354:TG

Timbjerr
August 25th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Because its index number is greater than Jirachi, it was probably just a last-minute pokemon they added in....probably to make the number of GenIII pokemon into a round number. :P

Amore
August 25th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Maybe. Or maybe it's like the church in 4th Gen Hearthome, and lots of other pointless things: they did it coz they could

Redstar
August 25th, 2009, 01:21 PM
What are you people talking about? Chimecho is between Tropius and Absol.

Jad
August 25th, 2009, 01:22 PM
the reason is that it was added late into game development
and they made it like the number in the anime 358

Timbjerr
August 25th, 2009, 01:57 PM
What are you people talking about? Chimecho is between Tropius and Absol.

In the game's coding, Chimecho's INDEX number, not pokedex number, is beyond Jirachi's.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Index_number

I'm not sure if this was fixed in DPPt or not, does anyone know?

Redstar
August 25th, 2009, 02:06 PM
In the game's coding, Chimecho's INDEX number, not pokedex number, is beyond Jirachi's.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Index_number

So? RGBY had the numbers not match up at all.

FinalZero
August 26th, 2009, 09:28 PM
What are you people talking about? Chimecho is between Tropius and Absol.Pokedex Number != Internal Number (!= means not equal to) It's not only jirachi that's out of place when comparing these two numbers; lots of other pokemon are out of order too. It's usually rectified in the next generation though. Compare RBY's internal list to GSC for an extreme example. =p

Chimecho is indeed last internal number wise. To me it's obvious what it means: they added it at the very last second. So we can only consider ourselves lucky that we got chimecho in the 3rd generation instead of the 4th.

I do not.

The Scientist
August 27th, 2009, 12:30 AM
When/where was it specifically stated that the end of the regional Pokedex is reserved for ONLY Legendaries?

Amore
August 27th, 2009, 03:15 AM
Good point. To tell the truth, who cares???? in the Sinnoh Dex on Platinum, where's Dialga, Palkia and the fairy trio????the middle!!

Blaziquaza
September 5th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Good point. To tell the truth, who cares???? in the Sinnoh Dex on Platinum, where's Dialga, Palkia and the fairy trio????the middle!!
Umm...Well,you should know that well...They probably based the Dex on D/P,and added the other Pokemon after.

Tudj
September 6th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Maybe Chimecho was a late inclusion, intended to be in the 4th Generation (Chingling wasn't included till 4th Gen)

Alli
September 7th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Agreed with Redstar. Chimecho is not after Jirachi, it's 358 and Jirachi 385. Perhaps you are reversing the numbers.

DestinyBender
September 17th, 2009, 01:00 AM
That will be so mean :( releasing them to the wild, i never released any pokemon xD

Hah hah, I released my Creselia. Bahahaha.

I don't like it.

~DB

Halcyon
September 17th, 2009, 01:07 AM
I believe that Chimecho is added really late in the games.

ArcanineOod
September 17th, 2009, 10:17 AM
How very, very peculiar!
I never knew that, but I agree that it is rather weird... Hmm... The mysteries of Pokemon...

xX