PDA

View Full Version : Look at me! I'm awesome!

s0nido
August 27th, 2009, 12:26 AM
Do you beg for attention? Does everything you do just beg for attention? Or are you one of those people who keep to themselves and try to attract as little attention as possible? Post away. :3

Melody
August 27th, 2009, 12:35 AM
I prefer not to draw attention to myself. I'd much rather be among close friends who I know and love in that non-romantic-friendship-only-way having fun with them. It's not that I want to be cold and unfriendly either...but, it's hard to avoid being that way sometimes, especially when in your past, people did that to you. Heck, I enjoy making friends. But I don't draw attention to do so. I just make friends as best I can with the people I encounter on a regular basis.

That being said, once I get to be your friend, I don't exactly push a social calendar on anyone, as I'm not the get out and be social type. Heck, I'd much rather sit with my family or close friends somewhere reading a book, drinking coffee or tea or whatever non-alcoholic beverage and killing time than chasing girls on the bar scene or catching a movie.

Nine times out of ten, I'm the guy who gets dragged along by the more energetic types of people. XD A regular Kyon sort of guy. *hide*

Citrinin
August 27th, 2009, 12:58 AM
I don't try to draw attention intentionally to myself, but I am able to handle being the centre of attention if need be (like in public speaking, for example).

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 27th, 2009, 01:24 AM
I'm not nervous in social situations but for the most part, I'm a loner who shirks away from social events and gatherings in real life. I'd rather use my extra time to contemplate the complexity of life and the direction humans are taking. Also, the odd prayer or two every now and then.

.little monster
August 27th, 2009, 02:54 AM
No, it's attention is awkward.

Lady Gaga
August 27th, 2009, 08:58 AM
before, i think i used to be like that, but recently, i have been changing the way i act, and been hiding back. let the attention and trouble go to other people. ;D

♣Gawain♣
August 27th, 2009, 09:00 AM
It's child's play. I never seek attention.

poopnoodle
August 27th, 2009, 09:03 AM
I'm not really one or the other, I tend to accidentally attract attention with my instability and my wardrobe's explosion of hideous fabrics.

Rokusasu
August 27th, 2009, 11:06 AM
In a group of strangers, I don't like to draw attention to myself. In a group of friends with whom I feel comfortable with, I do like to be involved with things and I'm alwaysy hyper/ up for stupid dares/ pulling pranks etc. . I have been called an attention seeker by a friend before. /=

Captain Hobo.
August 27th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Well if im playing sports i like it but if im singing or anything like that i hate it.

salmence33
August 27th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I'll seek attention only when I'm with my freinds, mostly by yelling out random things

emoBill™
August 27th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Oh gosh, yes. I honestly am the person who can't stand not having attention brought to themselves. All the time, I'm constantly wanting the attention on me. It's like a craving, I guess, being the center of attention. However, my friends seem to understand and they always pay attention to me. Mostly because I have interesting things to say, unlike them :pink_giggle:

But honestly, it's pretty bad. It's almost unhealthy how much I love attention. That's just the kind of person I am, though, and it's not annoying to my friends and it's not annoying to me, so we're fine.

Speaking of which, to prove how much I love attention:

I'M BACK! CHECK OUT MY NEW PICTURES! CHECK OUT MY PROFILE! SDSFSFSFSFSFSF!!

Not just kidding.

ShinjisLover
August 27th, 2009, 06:03 PM
I prefer not to attract attention to myself. But people notice me regardless. Ugh. .

ReyRey-Pyon
August 27th, 2009, 06:19 PM
OMG HAI /DORKY WAVE

LOOK

LOOOK AT MEEEE

Look what i maed

UR PROUD OF ME RITE?

RITE?

slkdhsdlkf D:<

LOVE ME ;n;

OMG

<n> *pokepokepoke*

hey

hey

hey you

HAY D:<

hi :B

^ does that answer your question? :>
so yeaaaa...I enjoy attention

Miss Soupy
August 27th, 2009, 06:36 PM
I like my attention in small doses. Like, it's nice to have people pamper me on an occasion, but it's not like I seek attention constantly. And in large social gatherings where there's a load of people, I'll back out and just lay low; but I don't like to be totally ignored in said scenario.

sanny the hedgehog
August 27th, 2009, 06:45 PM
nah i dont seek attention, i just try to be funny.
i sometimes have to cause i have a tendency to get ignored.

Idiot!
August 27th, 2009, 07:12 PM
I prefer to hide my real abilities. So I send out misleading messages to people who are only interested in what I can do and not who I am. I don't like the spotlight to be on what I can do, especially if I can do it well.

xxxLatiasxxx
August 27th, 2009, 07:31 PM
I try to keep to myself most of the time.

Drew
August 27th, 2009, 07:57 PM
IRL I hate getting attention.. xD; somehow I'm the ringleader of my group of friends, so I always seem to be at the center of their attention, and it makes me fairly uncomfortable. ~_~; I'm always like "HEY look at that -insert random object here-", so they give their attention to something else.

Online I get attention whether I want it or not, but since I'm more out going on here I do like attention more online then I do offline. Although, it still stands that I hate being at the center. (~ x.x)~

I'm pretty much a lone wolf by preference, so it's hard for me to deal with at times.

22sa
August 27th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Some attentions are meaningful, others are random.

Signomi
August 27th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Some attention is actually really nice to have, otherwise you may have that lingering feeling of not really standing out, still, I do think too much of one thing can be bothersome. When you're bombarded with peoples' attention you may become casual with it, might leave something more to be desired when their attention shifts away from you. I'd like to think that having some attention every now and then can give me a real appreciation for being noticed, I don't really mind so much if I'm not often in the spotlight, most of the time it's actually better that way.

God
August 27th, 2009, 10:47 PM
If I said no, people would roll their eyes.

Owl
August 28th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I try to stay away from attention lol, i'm kinda shy

Simplicity
August 28th, 2009, 05:43 PM
It depends. Most of the time I enjoy staying in the crowd. I'm not the type of person that wants to stand out or be entirely different from others. Still, attention is good sometimes, as long as it's not always on me. XD And I prefer getting attention from doing good, not bad.

xxFrozenFlower
August 28th, 2009, 06:53 PM
I definitely try to stay invisible.
But it'd be fun to just be one of those brave/crazy/confident people... however, I think I'm just a bit too lazy for that... O__o
^^;;

*hylian*sakura*
August 28th, 2009, 07:05 PM
It's not that I don't like to be recognized for the good things I do or whatever, but I don't really like attention from just random people on the street. I'm not gonna go out with a multicolored afro on just to get someone to look at me.
And also, my personality is naturally chill and mellow most of the time. So I don't really care much either way. I'm not radical or daring. So there's nothing to really notice??

MarstheCar
August 28th, 2009, 08:20 PM
I stay away from attention, or else I start blushing and get a weird smile on my face.

Graceful
August 29th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Not really. I'm just this person who has been pushed in the corner and doesn't want attention just Anime prefers to be alone.

Cheesymitten
August 29th, 2009, 07:06 AM
I hate seeking attention, i'll do everything i can to make sure that i'm not seeking attention.
But the problem is people will think i'm seeking atteniton if i'm too quiet :/

THIRTY-SIX
August 29th, 2009, 08:00 AM
I keep my awesomeness in a box. I don't try to stick out, it just happens.

TRIFORCE89
August 29th, 2009, 12:18 PM
I don't seek out attention. I like keeping to myself. Don't like the pressure

However, I may ask to be included in things. I don't seek out attention, but I don't like being excluded from things either

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
September 4th, 2009, 08:16 PM
I always draw attention to myself for some odd reason

:t354:TG

Synaesthesia
September 4th, 2009, 08:50 PM
If I want to draw attention, I will. But if I don't, I won't. I'm in the middle. :3

flight
September 4th, 2009, 08:59 PM
I'm that person who wants to stay as far away from attention as possible. It drives me crazy. :(

Not that I hate it though; I don't. I'm just never used to it. XD

Also, like Triffy, I don't like being excluded from stuff. :[ it sucks.

Pokedra
September 4th, 2009, 09:49 PM
I don't beg for attention, sometimes it's nice to have everyone's attention but usually I don't draw attention to myself.

s0nido
September 4th, 2009, 10:33 PM
I'm going to answer my own question now. :D
Well, I'm not a complete attention-seeker, but I do enjoy having the spotlight put on my by saying random things, doing noisy things or just saying things that will draw attention to me. In a group of strangers, on the other hand, I try to attract as little attention as possible. Seriously, I'm completely opposite to my normal self in a new place. I don't talk, just sit there and wait to see someone familiar.

Alexithymia~
September 5th, 2009, 02:33 AM
*flails unhappily*

Eww, I hate attention seekers. It's one of the things that makes my skin crawl.
I do not like having attention put on me. I'd rather stay in the corners of the rooms thank you very much~

Forever
September 20th, 2009, 06:40 AM
I used to a lot .. but now I uh, try to limit that... as much as possible. XD;

Bay Alexison
September 20th, 2009, 07:27 AM
I usually like to keep things to myself, although a couple of times I would like certain achievements of mine to be known. That way, I know my good work is appreciated.

As far as attention seekers go, I can be annoyed at them sometimes if they go too far. XD

Idiomorph
September 20th, 2009, 07:43 AM
I'm quite heavily sociophobic and for the most part try to keep away from people as much as possible. However, there are a few individuals whose opinions I care a lot about, and I do strive to earn their acknowledgement and respect (...albeit not with great success).

Taziko
September 20th, 2009, 07:48 AM
I dont beg for attention, but I've always been quite popular with my peers. I get on well with most people and I have my trusted group of friends. Attention seekers turn me off.