PDA

View Full Version : If Zombies Attacked

Nuke
August 27th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Okay so hypothetically if zombies attacked what would you prefer?

- In a heavily barricaded building with enough food to last you a week but with only a pistol and enough ammo to stop 24 zombies.

- In a medium barricaded building with enough food to last you a few weeks with two pistols and enough ammo to stop 48 zombies.

- In a lowly barricaded building with enough food to last you and another person there a week, you and the other person have an SMG each and enough ammo to stop 250 zombies each.

- No barricades with enough food to last a lifetime and with a Machine gun with enough ammo to stop 1000 zombies

Machine Gun > SMG > Two Pistols > Pistol as you might have guessed.

There are 5000 zombies and obviously not all will attack you but more will if you have less barricades.

This may seem unbalanced (and it probably is) but I was just coming up with something. D:

EDIT: I've decided to add a bit more (probably well needed) info.

I've changed shots to kills to make it easier, this makes the quality of the weapons seem useless but now for the next part.

The heavy barricade option is probably for the type of person (me) who would freak out and be terrified if this happened. You would more likely want to be safer from the zombies and would probably not have as much will to shoot.

The medium is for the type of person who wants to have enough food to possibly last long enough while also hoping they run into fewer zombies. This would be the kind of person who while terrified would probably be able to keep their cool when they need to.

The low barricade would be for people who arent as scared by the zombies but also dont really want to fire a gun. (Thus the partner is there)

The no barricade is for someone who probably dreamed of this happening and just wants to take out as many as they can.

Remember its still only hypothetical. D:

I hope that mega update changed it because I looked at it the first time and it made no sense.

Melody
August 27th, 2009, 08:47 AM
I'd much prefer no barricading and enough ammo and food to last it out. Food is the obvious priority, if I was camping out in say... in an abandoned wal-mart or something like that where no barricading is available, but there's plenty of food, I'd be fine since I could fight them off. Besides, as long as you can HIDE from them, you're fine. You don't need to barricade the doors, just close them...and have that machine gun ready. >D

That being said, you could hide in the offices and the rear end of the store and subsist off of everything they keep back there and not be in much danger. Besides, 1000 rounds would see you alive for a good while if you didn't waste it needlessly, and by then, with all the supplies at hand you could fashion more weapons to fight them off with.

twocows
August 27th, 2009, 08:51 AM
I'd take the no barricade option, and then FIND a barricade. Simple as that. Food, water, and protection are your priorities. You've already given us plenty of those in that situation, I'd just move it to someplace more defend-able.

Lady Gaga
August 27th, 2009, 08:52 AM
id probably go with medium. it seems balanced out to me. though, even though i would be so scared, id rather be able to kill more zombies, then not be able to kill any at all if they come. you know? and anyways, all the zombies ae going to the ones with little to none barricades ;D
and enough food for a couple weeks sounds good. by then, hopefully all the zombies would be gone O:

Nuke
August 27th, 2009, 08:53 AM
I'd take the no barricade option, and then FIND a barricade. Simple as that. Food, water, and protection are your priorities. You've already given us plenty of those in that situation, I'd just move it to someplace more defend-able.

It'd be pretty risky going onto the streets, many of the zombies would be breaking barricades so those that are would be there if you went out onto the street.

Not to mention that the ready, barricaded place would be hard to get into without breaking the barricade.

Code
August 27th, 2009, 09:06 AM
In The Mall:
Me: "They have chrashed through our defences! what do we do?!"
Astor (best friend):"grab all the food you can carry! let's get the H*** outa' here!"
*runs as fast as I can carying SMG and backpack full of food*
Astor:"There's the exit!"
Me:"Oh, no!"
*Zombies block the door*
Astor:" fire short bursts! we have limited ammo! aim for the legs!"
RATATATATATATA
Astor:"I said short bur-...arghl" *gets strangled from behind*
Me:"Astor!"
RATATATATATA
Astor:"thanks...ugh...we gotta get outa' here!"
*firin' down zombies while we escape with our lives towards the nearest car. car crashes. I drive the next car. we escape.*
XD

Jolene
August 27th, 2009, 09:16 AM
I'd try to reason with them, and then perhaps we could work around our differences and become friends.

I believe that all forms of life deserve to be treated fairly, even the living dead...

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 27th, 2009, 10:17 AM
I've always wanted this to happen and I've always wanted a Machine Gun. XD

Alinthea
August 27th, 2009, 10:19 AM
IKEA.

That is all I need to say.

I would go to IKEA.
I use to work in one before I moved to University as a part time job. Those buildings are built like a, I don't know what. Trying to break in is near impossible! XD

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
August 27th, 2009, 10:55 AM
IKEA.

That is all I need to say.

I would go to IKEA.
I use to work in one before I moved to University as a part time job. Those buildings are built like a, I don't know what. Trying to break in is near impossible! XD

Not to mention the good-looking Swedish Furniture to decorate your zombie fortress.

I would defiantely go into someplace with food and plenty of weapons,
Most likely a supermarket after taking things from a gun shop, etc. etc.

So yeah.
I think I would have three weapons with me at all times,
One light weapondry, such as Dual Pistols,
One Medium weapondry, such as an Assualt rifle,
and One Close-Combat Weapondry, such as a Machete.

Speaking of which,
Did you know you can get machetes at Walmart?
The must have for close-combat zombie attacks.

Hopefully,
There are military outposts somewhere, or some sort of safety,
because then you would be truly safe.
Otherwise, hold out where you are.
If you're the only living people in the world, you might as well play Survival Mode.

But, you your situation,
I would take the No barricades.
But I would have one or two others covering my back when the zombies attack. :3

Cassino
August 27th, 2009, 11:04 AM
I'd go for heavy barricading with a pistol (Desert Eagle, see uage later).

Most zombies, only being as strong as a normal human at best (and usually weaker given their decaying state) aren't going to be able to rip apart even something as simple as a palisade, which I'll build with pine trees to surround my home base Land Rover (well I have access to it IRL so why not retain the mobility?).

This'd be in an isolated place out in the woods so that
A: I can survive by foraging and shooting Deer (hence a Deagle, if I was going to shoot zombies I'd use a normal handgun that shoots hollow-point rounds, since what you want, contrary to common belief, is weak bullets that expand inside the target, rather than a high velocity bullet that will fly straight through it and cause minimal damage), and
B: I can for the most part evade zombie encounters (clearly they will favour the urban areas until they start having to prey upon rabbits or something), and lastly
C: Being in the countryside means I'm much more likely to find another gun, but this is almost guaranteed to be an over-and-under break-action shotgun shooting 12-gauge birdshot, better than an empty pistol that weighs 4# though.

Oh and I could also go do some coppicing to make me some javelins, assuming I'm allowed to bring a melee weapon in the form of a billhook? Well heh, I know the exact locations of two chainsaw storages anyway, one of them even has a few with 6ft bars. Oh and there's always the local army barracks, if I can bust open its armoury, and upon further thought I may well migrate to it if the area is calm (this would be my first port of call and I'd turn god-mode on by coming out in a Warrior IFV, but then that wouldn't be answering your poll).

Fenrir Reki
August 27th, 2009, 03:57 PM
I would go with no barricades because I would rather have lots of ammo for my guns and enough food to survive. First I would probably find a nice gun store and get some guns/stock up on some ammo and other things such as a knife or something. Then I would find a nearby convienience store like target, etc and get some food or what not. I would then search the place for things I could use as a barricade to place inside target and wait there until the food supplies run out OR zombies end up overruning the place. I dont think I would need barricades, but yeah they are useful.

Azonic
August 27th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Knowing my bad aim, I think it's safe to go with the machine gun. xD;

lucario giavlés
August 27th, 2009, 04:10 PM
I would go with no barricades because I would rather have lots of ammo for my guns and enough food to survive. First I would probably find a nice gun store and get some guns/stock up on some ammo and other things such as a knife or something. Then I would find a nearby convienience store like target, etc and get some food or what not. I would then search the place for things I could use as a barricade to place inside target and wait there until the food supplies run out OR zombies end up overruning the place. I dont think I would need barricades, but yeah they are useful.

strange... id end up doin the same thing!!! but i wuld take a dual ejed sword (master sword, biggoron sword e.g) and a .45 handgun from the same gun store (tip: aim 4 the zombies head... the die faster)

but id baracade the gun store (evil grin) but id let still uninfected humans in, yes im careing and im hopeing ur not gona get infected IF THIS HAPPEND

also my zombie survival rank from a quiz on a game site: z+ (wuld take a nukelar holocost 2 wipe me from teh earth O.o) ya... im strong and zombie smart

.Seth
August 27th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Screw your little barricades and pistols.
Hand me a shotgun, and I'll have all of them down.
8D

♣Gawain♣
August 27th, 2009, 04:33 PM
I'll choose heavy barricade, with pistols. And I've already brought a M60E4 machine gun! It'll last until rescue arrives.

Esper
August 27th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Rather than barricades I'd want to be protected by an obstacle course. Can you even imagine a zombie trying to climb a rope ladder?

Cassino
August 27th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Rather than barricades I'd want to be protected by an obstacle course. Can you even imagine a zombie trying to climb a rope ladder?
Not much space at the top of those structures for your gear.

Idiot!
August 27th, 2009, 07:24 PM
I'll choose no barricades. Simply because I could shoot myself should I succumb to zombies. And also handling a machine gun is a dream come true for me. With all that food, I could live on paradise before I die. I don't have to feel guilty or have regrets.

Otherwise I could pretend to be one of the zombies and live.

xxxLatiasxxx
August 27th, 2009, 07:27 PM
If zombies attacked I would prefer to have no barricades with enough food to last a lifetime and with a Machine gun with enough ammo to stop 1000 zombies.

Mariah Carey
August 27th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Become a zombie and screw you all over. Though I'd be the zombie that leads them all, of course. Like Jesus or something.

>Feelings<
August 27th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Of course I would choose the option of having no barricades, to get unlimited food and a whole lot of ammo in return anytime!
I have my reasons, and in real life situations this would be the best option if you are a good survivor and if you are a courageous one at that.
Those reasons include being able to find a good place as barricade myself, and so that I can keep in the move from place to place if they find out my location.
I'd also get uninfected people to join me in my mission, and! and and!... oh you don't know all the things I would do.

I should tell you that I have good survivor skills and that I have gotten the best possible ranking in a lot of good zombie survival quiz, :D XD

But seriously, if you knew about zombie, you would know that trying to befriend them isn't a good idea. They don't have a mind to work out the meaning of truce or friendship, and all they are PROGRAMMED to do is to make you one of them.

s0nido
August 28th, 2009, 12:49 AM
I would go for the first option, since they wouldn't be able to get into my building, and I would be able to shoot any that manage to get through.

Tudj
August 29th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Ha I have like a secret attic in my room noone knows about (not even family and in it is like a safe room hehe id just pack it with food and stuff