PDA

View Full Version : Additional data streams from outside

Melody
August 27th, 2009, 06:56 PM
So, do you have any extra (6th+) senses? if so, how do you parse this extra data? Do you believe in it?

I have a few curious sensory abilities myself, like being able to sense strong negative emotion without any standard sensory cues. I tend to try and pay attention to that ability, along with my gut. It has never failed me in an extreme way. :3

.Seth
August 27th, 2009, 07:03 PM
I have "I'm Awesome." senses. They're always tingling for some reason. D:
I don't really have any 6th senses, but I can tell if an object is bothering me for some reason.
Anyone remember my blog entry about the lamp? D:

Citrinin
August 27th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Anyone who doesn't have six (and more!) senses is deficient. Senses, in terms of methods of perception, extend far beyond sight, taste, touch, hearing, and smell. You also have equilibrioception (sense of balance/motion), proprioception (knowing where the parts of your body are), thermoception (sense of heat), nociception (sense of pain), and a sense of time. Additionally, there are a number of other internal senses as well.

But I know what you meant - I'm just being a pain. :P I myself don't believe I possess any "sixth sense" or special psychic ability to perceive things.

.little monster
August 28th, 2009, 02:36 AM
o_o Not really, unless you count the ability to know when my cat walks in my room a sixth sense.

Royal Squirt
August 28th, 2009, 04:54 PM
No, I can't say I do. It would be cool if I could see ghosts or something?

s0nido
September 4th, 2009, 02:32 PM
I don't have a "sixth sense" as far as I know, but I know other people that do. Like my friend's mum.

Rokusasu
September 4th, 2009, 02:53 PM
I have the odd moment or two where I predict something, or get certain feelings about things. My dreams have been kinda prophetic from time to time, too. o_o;

Timbjerr
September 4th, 2009, 03:22 PM
I can sense when a TV or computer in the next room has been turned on before any audio or video cues hit me. I think I can pick up the electromagnetic waves they put off when the electronic components are warming up. o_0

Owl
September 4th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Sometimes (rarely) My head will turn by itself in a direction where something (alive) is hiding lol xD.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
September 8th, 2009, 08:34 AM
o_o Not really, unless you count the ability to know when my cat walks in my room a sixth sense.

I have that same sense too, I don't have it for one of my cats, maybe because shes so black that you can't see her lol

:t354:TG

Nuke
September 8th, 2009, 08:41 AM
I wonder if saying the same thing as my friend at the same time is one, it just seems too often sometimes.

I also manage to turn the right page when I open a book.

Neither of those can probably be counted but whatever.

Åzurε
September 8th, 2009, 08:51 AM
I tend to finish the sentences of people I know, though that could just be predicted behavioral patterns. The closest I've gotten to being psychic is the whole random number alteration thing. Whenever I'm really into a game, especially a legendary battle in Pokemon, the effectiveness of random things (Pokeballs for the example) increases slightly, although I used to think I'd jinxed the balls and telling myself it would break would keep the target in. o_0

Serene Grace
September 8th, 2009, 10:55 AM
I can't honestly say I do. I guess it's one of those things you find out for later or one of those things that I just don't have. It would be amazing to have a really special sixth sense.

Guillermo
September 8th, 2009, 11:07 PM
I consider all the extra 'senses' I have to be talents. Not senses. Though, I suppose I can figure out when someone's sad or hiding something from me without getting hinted. It's a magical thing I like to call 'friendship.'

Zorua
September 9th, 2009, 01:58 AM
I'm sensitive to emotion, and its easy for me to tell whether people are lying or not.

I know I have some other abilities as well, but I can't be bothered to remember them at the moment. D:

beauty. proletariat
September 9th, 2009, 02:39 AM
i can tell when my girlfriend is looking at her fone / when she pays attention to it sometimes... though its probably coincidence

Avey
September 9th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Yeah, I have a sixth sense. I see dead people.

Aurafire
September 9th, 2009, 07:22 AM
The closest thing to a sixth sense imo would be a "gut feeling", something I don't really consider to be reliable or even close to a supernatural sense. Everyone has special skills that they're more proficient at then others, there's no reason to call it something special =/