PDA

View Full Version : Can you read me like an open book?~

Melody
August 27th, 2009, 07:01 PM
How do you feel about OVP in general? Do you enjoy being able to be open and honest? Do you enjoy polls in general?

I tend to enjoy it in some ways. I feel that it's a lot easier to express opinions by polls rather than trying to say it outright on my own. While I am decent at writing, oftentimes what I say is misread, polls tend to push intent more clearly than say...a blog posting most of the time. What do you think?

Lady Gaga
August 27th, 2009, 07:04 PM
i feel the same way. sometimes its good to let everything out, it can make you feel alot better. even about the small hings, its fun to hear yourself think about your own opinions and realize how obscure they are

Signomi
August 27th, 2009, 10:47 PM
This isn't me being completely biased to this forum because I happen to moderate it, but OVP is up there as my favourite forum on PC. I love being able to express certain aspects about myself and to open up about my characteristics, and it's just as interesting seeing what people have to say about themselves, to me it makes them that more interesting. You tend to learn new things from reading other peoples' experiences and personality traits, so looking through an array of topics here is something I do on a daily basis.

>Feelings<
August 27th, 2009, 11:03 PM
How do you feel about OVP in general?
I've always felt that OVP is a whole lot better than the Other Chat.
That's because of the type of people who normally gather here. When people change, so does the place...!

Do you enjoy being able to be open and honest?
Yes, I enjoy being open and honest at times, but up to a certain limit, since I'm not sure who to trust and who not to.
But whenever there is a thread that asks something I don't want to honestly reveal about, I don't even post in that thread instead of posting lies.

Do you enjoy polls in general?
Yes, I do enjoy most polls!
But one thing about those bar graph polls that bother me is that they have limited options to choose from, whereas my mind can have such great variations sometimes that a poll with fixed options doesn't satisfy me, and I'm sure it happens to other people too sometimes.

I CAN be very good at expressing myself, so it really doesn't matter if I have to write it, but even if polls limit me sometimes, I find them pretty inspiring in terms of thinking more about the subject the poll is about.

Route 18
August 28th, 2009, 12:54 AM
I love Other Voting Polls, because it's full of variety, and you get to learn more about other members of the PokeCommunity. Other Chat, on the other hand, has too much discussion and debating, and this usually leads to creating problems between two people. I don't really like to debate in a forum because I get heaps of neg-rep and abuse when I try to express my opinion. Other voting Polls, on the other hand, allow you freely express your opinion without having to cement it with a page of facts.

Banjora Marxvile
August 28th, 2009, 02:02 AM
I prefer keeping to myself a bit, but I like the OVP because it helps me learn more about people, and also voice my opinions without too much conflict.

Citrinin
August 28th, 2009, 03:37 AM
I enjoy OVP because it's a relaxed place to post - it allows people to casually reveal information about themselves, thereby opening up the community. It's also fun to learn about what others think of things, especially when their take is unusual or unique (or crazy 8D).

Hiidoran
August 28th, 2009, 11:16 AM
OVP has been on my list of favorable boards for a while now. It has the potential to ask opinions regarding anything from an extremely important issue to something as trivial as what you had for breakfast, and demands a pretty concise answer. OVP is just structured better for questions in this one's opinion; a much better board for conversation than Other Chat, where answers can be rather ambiguous. D:

Avey
August 28th, 2009, 11:21 AM
I enjoy polls that are difficult to answer. Boring, plain questions don't really excite me the way an intellectual, complicated one can. I try my best to be honest and if it's too personal I just don't reply to the thread.

Aurafire
August 28th, 2009, 12:30 PM
I enjoy OVP quite a bit, I find it to be very laid back and yet interesting enough to keep my attention most of the time, especially if there's a particularly interesting poll question. It's definitely one of my favorite forums.

piece of something
August 28th, 2009, 01:57 PM
sure. posting here can be pretty fun. i love it!

Naruto Uzumaki
August 28th, 2009, 02:58 PM
I like this section :D, I like asking questions lol. Even though I get confused with the titles sometimes.

Captain Hobo.
August 28th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Yeah i like gerenal but it not my favorite. My favorite are New Users / Welcome or other voting polls.

Jordan
August 28th, 2009, 03:50 PM
I don't post here as often as I used to, but it's a nice place. I prefer to voice my opinions using a click of a button in a poll with choices, though.

Royal Squirt
August 28th, 2009, 04:56 PM
I like OVP cuz it's simple and I don't have to think about what to say :D I either have an opinion or wait until I do have an opinion, it's simple. Perfect when I have nothing to do :)

Synaesthesia
August 28th, 2009, 05:32 PM
I think it's fun to answer random questions that the people here come up with. It's a nice way to pass the time, I guess. XD

TRIFORCE89
August 29th, 2009, 12:58 PM
When I first joined, I was much more active in here. And then I got to a certain point and went "Why am I saying all this? Why on earth would all these people I don't know care?"

But apparently people do. XD So, trying to fix that and slowly being more active

Michii
August 29th, 2009, 07:47 PM
OVP is my favorite section in PC. I've been here since January of 2008 and will always be in this section posting. One of the biggest parts of my personality is the part that loves to share and learn of experiences. I love letting people learn more about me and showing how unique I am. I love helping people indirectly by giving my experiences. I love learning about other's experiences and applying them to what I do in my life; their experiences help me too. I also find the opinions of some people in some of the threads fantastic in so many aspects, even if I don't agree with them.

OVP is just a place where I can express myself and where I'm completely comfortable. It's a place where I'm like "hey, yeah, I'm tl;dring. But I don't care! I know that someone is going to read this and someone will remember it!" 'Cause I don't care what anyone says. Someone will read my long posts and someone will apply it to their life.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
August 29th, 2009, 08:40 PM
It's one of the few places I can be bothered to post in. The threads usually have a somewhat short answer, that makes you think, but not take 30 minutes to write out a tl;dr reply. It's at least in my Top 3.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
September 4th, 2009, 08:20 PM
It depends on the questions, if they are extremely personal or boring I'm not going to answer it fully.

:t354:TG

Zorua
September 4th, 2009, 08:50 PM
OVP is one of those sections where one could freely talk about themselves, if they wish to. It's fun for me to read everyone's responses on a particular topic and see their viewpoints on things and heck, even share a bit about themselves. I'm one of those people who only shares things that I feel that people need to know; or in less personal threads and stuff.

Still though, this doesn't mean I don't like OVP. It's a really fun forum and I really love it; it's one of my favorites in PC for the reasons that are already mentioned.

it's also funny attempting to read Siggy's tl;dr posts in every one of them.