PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: A new Idea (I hope)

Elite Four Lucian
August 28th, 2009, 12:54 AM
I have an idea for the site. I'm not exactly sure if this idea has been suggested or not. But why not create a website for the forums. It could get more people on here, and I also wanted to suggest maybe a Pod Cast type thing, I could help with the website and the Pod Cast. I hope these ideas will be considered.

Forever
August 28th, 2009, 12:59 AM
PC used to be affiliated with... totalpokemon, seafoam island and ppn I believe. But then that kinda just ended or something. Besides, PC's fine just as a forum - there's not much else PC can really give out besides... what it already does, as far as information goes (which totally makes sense.)

... And I doubt PC needs a pod cast? o_o PC's not like a radio station. :[

Camisado
August 28th, 2009, 01:05 AM
The problem is, there are already a ton of other sites out there that would have the same information that a PC site would have. That's probably the reason we don't have a site.

Like Hakeen said, this forum used to serve as the forum for three other sites.

What do you think PC's website would bring to the community that, say, Bulbagarden and Serebii don't already provide?

I hope I don't sound too harsh. =(

Elite Four Lucian
August 28th, 2009, 01:06 AM
Well, the podcast serves more as a way for the Admins and what not, to be able to reach out to the community. And I thought it would be cool to have a website, It could offer more along with the forums. I think they could add walkthroughs and stuff like that.

Forever
August 28th, 2009, 01:08 AM
You're missing the point that PC HAD websites, ain't gonna happen again.

Podcast still doesn't seem necessary. XD;

Serene Grace
August 28th, 2009, 01:09 AM
Well, the podcast serves more as a way for the Admins and what not, to be able to reach out to the community. And I thought it would be cool to have a website, It could offer more along with the forums. I think they could add walkthroughs and stuff like that.
That's the thing though. I don't think PC can give you any information than Serebii and Bulbagarden so a website is kinda pointless.

Elite Four Lucian
August 28th, 2009, 01:11 AM
I understand that, I'm just trying to help, Get my ideas out there and what not. It's just my opinion and it's just a suggestion.

Serene Grace
August 28th, 2009, 01:16 AM
I understand that, I'm just trying to help, Get my ideas out there and what not. It's just my opinion and it's just a suggestion.
I know. I'm not trying to bring you down, I'm just explaining my opinion here which you can choose to accept or decline.

Elite Four Lucian
August 28th, 2009, 01:19 AM
Oh, I know, it's ok, Just saying.

Sajuuk
August 28th, 2009, 07:15 AM
No, just no.

We already have a website for PokeCommunity, which can be found in Rukario's usertitle.
Or, if you don't want to search for him, this is PC's website: www.ppnstudio.com

Serene Grace
August 28th, 2009, 07:49 AM
No, just no.

We already have a website for PokeCommunity, which can be found in Rukario's usertitle.
Or, if you don't want to search for him, this is PC's website: www.ppnstudio.com

Actually, I don't think PPN Studio is officially affiltated with us anymore.

Sajuuk
August 28th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Really? Why's the link to the forums listed there linking to PC? *confuzzled*

.Seth
August 28th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Rukario owns PC technically, and he owns PPNStudios, so...
They're linked. "OMG LEIK NO WAII!!!" -_-

As already stated, there's no need for a podcast (though, we were considering one at one time for the ROM Hacking Newsletter, but that's been scrapped). Plus, website affiliation between sites with pretty much the same information (whether in a forum form, or a wiki forum, like Bulbapedia, for example) doesn't really work well.

Drew
August 28th, 2009, 01:11 PM
I think were it stands right now is that PC is pretty much on it's own, because it's big enough now, and can be found easily enough to where it doesn't need to be advertised anymore. PPN Studios used to be a Pokemon site, and it was the main website that went with this place, so it got it enough attention. These forums can stand on their own pretty well. That's what I think anyhoo.