View Full Version : Square-Enix and DS

October 8th, 2004, 4:27 PM
Square Enix's Akitoshi Kawazu said:
"I'm not sure if we can just bring our Internet games directly to the DS, since that would be rather difficult," replied Kawazu. "And a lot of people are still saying that the barrier to playing network [games] is too high. But I'm hoping that the DS will help lower that threshold, by bringing mobile games to the DS."

I am no supporter of DS, but me will keep you updated anyways XD
Mobile games, meaning their current medly of games and KH: Mobile and FFVII- Before Crisis.

And incase you're wondering about S-E with PSP.
All that is known about is Chrono Trigger: Revival, and that isn't official yet.

Also, Nomura says he won't even think about touching the PSP until his current works are done, because most games on PSP won't be a simple port(unlike DS which will make simple ports of old FF games). And it's not like he's not already behind schedule! Advent Children was supposed to be last summer, and KH2 plus KH: CoM! XD Don't get me started XD

October 8th, 2004, 4:37 PM
I'm sure at some point or another, the DS will have some sort of network playing in the future to compete with the PSP, and just in general, but I guess its all about how the good people at Nintendo handle it.

And I'm guessing that Sony has some expectations on the games that they want to put on it if Square Enix would want to be apart of it, but without them the PSP is basically doomed.

October 8th, 2004, 5:37 PM
I don’t think they’d name the new Chrono Trigger if there is one after that project, or so similar. o_O; But I’m vastly uninformed, just seems odd.