PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Another Idea

Elite Four Lucian
August 29th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Hello Again, I have another Idea, and it may seem pointless to some of you, but it's just an idea. I think it would be cool to have a WI-FI Gym, League and Battle Frontier. It would be really sweet, people could Win Prizes, and gain certain pokemon and what not. It would be awesome.

Swift!
August 29th, 2009, 01:09 AM
Members can create their own Gyms/Leagues in the Battle Stadium, so there's no real need for an official one. Although, it couldn't hurt.

Avey
August 29th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Hello Again, I have another Idea, and it may seem pointless to some of you, but it's just an idea. I think it would be cool to have a WI-FI Gym, League and Battle Frontier. It would be really sweet, people could Win Prizes, and gain certain pokemon and what not. It would be awesome.

I could be wrong, but I remember talking to Sana a couple of months ago and somehow we ended up chatting about what you suggested. She said there was something like it when D/P was released but it fell apart because it couldn't be organised properly or something.

If I'm wrong, someone correct me, yeah?

Arcanine
August 29th, 2009, 04:33 PM
If you mean like official PC Gyms or something along them lines... we thought about it, and planned it out before Diamond and Pearl came out. But in the end it just fell apart. I personally would still love to see a Gym type system here on PC (where people could take their D/P/Pt team and battle different members for badges and such). I just don't see it happening unless the D/P/Pt Mods can put something together.

Aurafire
August 29th, 2009, 05:06 PM
The problem with gyms is that, in most cases, nothing really gets done. I mean, you could read through a page of posts in one of the more popular gyms in the battle stadium and maybe one battle gets done. Most of the time it's just conversation about the battling, stuff about rules and prizes, or "r ther any gym leaderz on rite naow?" posts =(

If something were to be put together in hopes of actually being successful, it would need to be under heavy moderation to make sure that battles get done and the thread doesn't simply turn into mindless chatter. Perhaps there could be two threads, one for challenges and one for general league conversation. Anyway, that's just one idea, but I feel like we'd need a lot of help from the DPP mods to make it work.

bub150
August 29th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Dude you stole that from Poke Revolution. You know how I know? Because I came up with it douchebag!

parallelzero
August 29th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Dude you stole that from Poke Revolution. You know how I know? Because I came up with it douchebag!

Ah yes, I'm sure you're the mastermind behind a gym system for Pokemon forums. I'm sure the idea wasn't bluntly obvious to everyone on a Pokemon forum and your blissfully creative self composed this blindingly original idea through excruciating terms of hard work, pouring your sweat and blood into developing and expanding upon this awesome invention of the human mind.

That said...

GTFO TROLL

Elite Four Lucian
August 30th, 2009, 03:05 PM
I just thought it would be a cool idea, I mean I could help organize it.. I have experience in doing it on Marriland Forums.

Zorua
August 30th, 2009, 03:16 PM
If you mean like official PC Gyms or something along them lines... we thought about it, and planned it out before Diamond and Pearl came out. But in the end it just fell apart. I personally would still love to see a Gym type system here on PC (where people could take their D/P/Pt team and battle different members for badges and such). I just don't see it happening unless the D/P/Pt Mods can put something together.

Well to be honest, we could try the several ideas suggested before and make it member-ran; and the gym leaders and such decided by the D/P/P mods.

Elite Four Lucian
August 30th, 2009, 04:32 PM
I could run it along with 2 of my buddies. And then we could pick the leaders, because I was thinking of putting the gym leaders we pick and the frontier brains and elite 4, through a test, my friend is going to create for me.

Zorua
August 30th, 2009, 04:39 PM
I could run it along with 2 of my buddies. And then we could pick the leaders, because I was thinking of putting the gym leaders we pick and the frontier brains and elite 4, through a test, my friend is going to create for me.

Well that would be a bit biased, dontcha think? D: I personally think it's up to the D/P/P mods to decide who gets picked, it'd be most fair for everyone.

NatureKeeper
August 30th, 2009, 04:39 PM
It will be a nice idea. The Pokécommunity League.

Lycaeus
August 30th, 2009, 04:48 PM
It will be a nice idea. The Pokécommunity League.

Indeed. And I have to agree with Cookie, EFL and co. running the official PokeCommunity Forum Leauge would be biased, simply based on the fact that you came up with it. If you tried out and got in, that'd be fine, but otherwise, it'd be biased :/.

Elite Four Lucian
August 30th, 2009, 04:52 PM
I suppose.. But I've already asked my friends to help me run it..