PDA

View Full Version : What do you want to be when you grow up?

Naruto Uzumaki
August 29th, 2009, 08:03 AM
What did you want to be when you were little? and What do you want to be right now? How did you change your mind about it? Discuss.

Yoshimi
August 29th, 2009, 08:22 AM
I don't have it planned out yet. However, I do want to be involved in science and/or medicine, so maybe a nurse doctor, despite the messy work.

HyPeRsHoCk
August 29th, 2009, 08:39 AM
I have no idea yet. I guess a possibility of being a rhythm guitarist for a metalcore band.

Patchisou Yutohru
August 29th, 2009, 09:02 AM
I thought I wanted to do something along the lines of graphic design or work for a magazine. But since then, I really don't know anymore. I've been having doubts and questioning what I was going to do with my life ever since I started really looking at the fact that this is my final year in high school.

Mitchman
August 29th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Chef. Already in Culinary school so its not something I want its something I will achieve.

THIRTY-SIX
August 29th, 2009, 09:47 AM
I want to be on the radio. ;'(

Camisado
August 29th, 2009, 09:48 AM
I remember wanting to be a hairdresser first, because my Dad's cousin was a hairdresser.

Then I wanted to work for the RSPCA (http://www.rspca.org.uk/), because I love animals, but quickly went off the idea when my Mum was all "I don't think you want to see injured animals."

Then quite a few years later I started taking Cisco Network Academy after school when I was 16, I decided I wanted to be a computer technician, technical support and the like, particularly in networks and security. Two years later, I scored an apprenticeship with my local council, and I'm one year into it now. Winner. =D

So yeah, I'm in the middle of getting what I wanted to do.

.inLOVE
August 29th, 2009, 09:49 AM
I want to look into journalism. I was sure I wanted to teach but.... It wasn't really for me.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
Game Designer.

I have so many ideas for everything.
Why not put it into use on something I love?

twocows
I'm working toward a computer science degree. I plan to go into IT.

When I was younger, I wanted to be a firefighter, then a politician, then a lawyer, then a doctor (in that order). I gave up on doctor around 16 when I realized it would take eight years out of my life just training for it.

Esper
August 29th, 2009, 10:01 AM
At different points in my life I have wanted to be a writer, an astronaut, a ghost, a whale and a giant marshmallow.

Right now I just want to be happy.

Lynnx
August 29th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I've wanted to be a paleontologist, marine biologist, professional musician, author, photographer, photojournalist, and now a journalist. In that order.

Timbjerr
August 29th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Me?

As far back as I could remember, the first "thing I wanted to be when I grew up" was a fireman, then a martial artist, then an astronaut, then a voice actor, then a cartoonist, then a graphic designer, then an architect, then (and currently) an engineer. My college classes are geared towards civil and mechanical engineering, so for the sake of not wasting college money, I hope I don't change my mind again. XD

Spherical Ice
August 29th, 2009, 12:30 PM
I want to be either a singer, author or architect. I also agree with Scarf on the Giant Marshmellow (called Ethan).

PikaFreak
August 29th, 2009, 12:49 PM
I'm not sure yet. An pre-teen/adult author, singer for my band, gymnastics person.
IDK!

TRIFORCE89
August 29th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Since I was a wee little lad, my dream was to be animator. But, I lack the talent for that and have moved on. While not my dream job, my current career path looks like it will be in the Information Technology field.

Naruto Uzumaki
August 29th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Chef. Already in Culinary school so its not something I want its something I will achieve.
Thats awesome :DDD I love to cook :3

aurevesque
August 29th, 2009, 01:22 PM
uhh...sinecurist. hee-hee. (don't know what that means? a person who earns money wihtout working!)
my momsays i could be a nuclear engineer or whatever 'cause i'm good at math.(has no idea how that ties in with making things go boom!)

Naruto Uzumaki
August 29th, 2009, 01:24 PM
I've wanted to be a paleontologist, marine biologist, professional musician, author, photographer, photojournalist, and now a journalist. In that order.
Paleontologist and Marine Biologist are awesome! I want to be a Zoologist :3

Lady Gaga
August 29th, 2009, 01:44 PM
ive wanted to be a Broadway star, author, palientoligst, lawyer, and Spiderman.
Though, I really dont know what i want. Maybe i could be a star chef, and not know it. Maybe i should take what everybody keep ssaying and become a Broadway Star. Or should i follow my parents dreams for me coming a corporate lawyer. I dont know.

I just know i want to have a happy, successful, and awesome life.
I also want to be a father. <333

Naruto Uzumaki
August 29th, 2009, 01:50 PM
ive wanted to be a Broadway star, author, palientoligst, lawyer, and Spiderman.
Though, I really dont know what i want. Maybe i could be a star chef, and not know it. Maybe i should take what everybody keep ssaying and become a Broadway Star. Or should i follow my parents dreams for me coming a corporate lawyer. I dont know.

I just know i want to have a happy, successful, and awesome life.
I also want to be a father. <333
No one asked you Gag >:D lol jk

Lady Gaga
August 29th, 2009, 01:59 PM
No one asked you Gag >:D lol jk

did you just call me Gag? how dare you! D=<

hah, and I see you paired with my Gaga Buddy. Nice ;D

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
August 29th, 2009, 02:34 PM
I wanted to be a teacher, but the college told me my health made that impossible.

I'm studying finance now, but I'd really like to be a trucker. Or stay in college my whole life.

Naruto Uzumaki
August 29th, 2009, 02:37 PM
I wanted to be a teacher, but the college told me my health made that impossible.

I'm studying finance now, but I'd really like to be a trucker. Or stay in college my whole life.
That would be expensive though.

Feign
August 29th, 2009, 03:30 PM
I'm still not 100% sure, but perhaps an author, or an English professor.

Jolene
August 29th, 2009, 05:15 PM
I want to be a detective's sidekick.

Giraffles <3
August 29th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Don't know at the moment, might try being a lot of things :3.

Chloè
August 29th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Hm... I either want to be a History Teacher or a Forensic Scientist.

Gymnotide
August 29th, 2009, 06:07 PM
When I grow up, I wanna be DANGEROUS.

twocows
August 29th, 2009, 06:48 PM
When I grow up, I wanna be DANGEROUS.
What kind of dangerous? "James Bond" dangerous, or "beats wife while brewing meth" dangerous? There's a bit of a difference.

Citrinin
August 29th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Corporate Lawyer. I'm pragmatic. :P

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 29th, 2009, 07:48 PM
I'm already grown up!
Let's just say I wish I could be these things after I'm done studying...

1. Lawyer
2. Prime Minister of Malaysia
3. Robotics Enginner
4. Author
5. Newspaper Editior
6. Astronomer

@No.2: No seriously I do...

POKEMON_MASTER_0
August 29th, 2009, 08:07 PM
When I was younger, I wanted to an electronics technician (I think that's what it's called). It's the job that my dad does. When I visited his work, I was enthralled by all of the computers, half-disassembled computers, and just random computer components laying around. Looking back on it, I'm not even sure why I wanted this job.

However, I now want to be a pharmacist. I guess it's mainly because in the rare instances that I'm taking medication, I find it interesting to look up the said medication(s), see what they treat, and how they work. I have a strong interest in science (particularly chemistry), am decent in math, and can write and speak pretty well. So yeah, pharmacist it is.

Rich Boy Rob
August 30th, 2009, 02:19 AM
I'll list some of my previous ideas
-Astronaut
-Artist
-Astronaut
-Game Designer
-Graphic Designer
-Game Designer

I've decided I want to be a Graphic Designer now, but I still remember when I was little and wanted to be an Astronaut.

Gunn
August 30th, 2009, 02:29 AM

Ugh, awesome. I envy anyone that can cook, because I can't. I do like baking though...

Well, when I was a kid, I never looked forward into becoming anything. It wasn't until high school that I decided to work somewhere in the field of arts, like graphic designer, even a cartoonist. Some family issues made me change my mind so I wanted to work in law enforcement. I'm getting ready to work on an AA Degree in Criminal Justice and I just interviewed the chief of police at our local police department a few days ago. So far, I'm liking it this career.

Kazukii
August 30th, 2009, 02:40 AM
I'm not too sure really. Something to do with writing might be nice. Maybe a salesman of some kind?

Guillermo
August 30th, 2009, 02:41 AM
I want to either be a pilot for the army, buy, renovate and sell houses for more or get into a earth-moving trade.

Captain Hobo.
August 30th, 2009, 11:47 AM
I want to be a pro basketball player.

silverdreams92
August 30th, 2009, 12:16 PM
When I was a kid I wanted to be a vet, voice actress, or forensic scientist. Now I want to be a journalist, though voice acting still seems fun.

Gymnotide
August 30th, 2009, 12:16 PM
What kind of dangerous? "James Bond" dangerous, or "beats wife while brewing meth" dangerous? There's a bit of a difference.

Whichever is more dangerous.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
August 30th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Whichever is more dangerous.

That would be James Bond dangerous.
The other is "My life is a wreck and I'm am an abusing douche" dangerous.

>.>
<.<
<.>
>.<

Azonic
August 30th, 2009, 12:23 PM
I'm really interested in something related to music or the medical field.

Firebird306
August 31st, 2009, 08:30 PM
I've always thought something involving computers, however atm I've found what I'd like to do; Computer Forensics (legal and professional hax0rz ftw). With a backup of Game Design if I don't like it/can't find a job in it. I know the subjects I need and the degrees I have to acquire at university. But there's still time to decide what I want to do. ^.^

Though I need to decide soon, however having a Bachelor in Computer Science sounds ftw imo. XD

Johnny590
August 31st, 2009, 09:15 PM
I am currently studying English Literature and Linguistics at the University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez Campus (Top public college in PR).

I plan no becoming a professor and then maybe later get into Law, probably Civil or Federal.

So yeah, teaching or defending people, I AM grown up but in the process of becoming what I want to be. :)

_Dean_
August 31st, 2009, 10:56 PM
Right now my plans are to be a professional musician, however that doesn't usually fly to easily so my backup plan is to be a spoken interpreter for either business corporations in oversea trades OR the US Army. ^^"

poopnoodle
August 31st, 2009, 11:13 PM
Considering every week I change my mind about what I'm really ~passionate~ about, I really don't know where I'm headed. I see myself living in a Camry parked in someone's driveway seeking WiFi service, which doesn't sound horrible. I'm notorious for carelessly improvising my life. The only thing I don't want to be when I grow up (to think I actually use that phrase as if I ever will grow up) is lonely.

_Dean_
August 31st, 2009, 11:18 PM
The only thing I don't want to be when I grow up is lonely.

Put that on a t-shirt and you'll grow up to be rich. lol XD

♣Gawain♣
September 1st, 2009, 02:52 AM
I wanna be an Astronomer. With a side course of Botany(I like plants you know).

xiaolinmaster
September 1st, 2009, 02:59 AM
I used to want to be a doctor but now i'm leaning more towards teaching, i also wanted to be a super hero when i grew up lol i also want to go into plants so botany ftw yay

Reminiscing
September 1st, 2009, 05:38 AM
I don't really know right now, college is so near to me I don't know what I'm going to take. But sometimes I want to be a lawyer or an engineer and something to do about arts and music.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
September 7th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I want to be either a Forensic Scientist or working in a tattoo parlor as a piercer, i don't know which one is better, they both sound great

:t354:TG

Yoshimi
September 7th, 2009, 05:30 PM
I want to be the next Daniel Craig.

http://popculturenerd.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/daniel_craig.jpg

Seriously, what guy doesn't want to be THAT?

Cherry.
September 8th, 2009, 02:00 AM
I want to be a Stylist/Fashion Designer;; =P, Or a lawyer, Who knows what will my future be.. =DD... THIS OR THAT!? XD;

MrSasquatch
September 8th, 2009, 05:34 AM
I want to act in/make movies.

Virtual Chatot
September 8th, 2009, 12:33 PM
I want to study/teach the Arabic and Hebrew languages.

michele
September 8th, 2009, 01:05 PM
i wanted to be an actress when i was little [who didn't?], but now i want to be something along the lines of graphics designer.

emoBill™
September 8th, 2009, 03:25 PM
At different points in my life I have wanted to be a writer, an astronaut, a ghost, a whale and a giant marshmallow.
:pink_giggle: That's funny. It would be fun to be a giant marshmallow. Or a ghost. Or a whale. Any of those things would be fun to be. I like your sense of humor.

When I was very young I wanted to be an astronaut O.O I have no idea why, considering that now I am afraid of even the very prospect of going into space. So that won't do it for me. I wanted to be an astronomer after that but when I found out how much went into it, I didn't want to anymore. I went through a couple of different job choices and now I've settled on either a magazine writer, an author, or a singer. My dream job is to be a singer because I love singing with all of my heart. It's just something I love to do, and to perform as well. I like making people happy with my music and just entertaining in general. I sing for my friends all the time and even today in school I took the microphone from my music teacher's room and used it and walked all around the room like it was a giant stage :pink_giggle:

An author would be fun because I love to write. I'm always writing, so I think it will be the job that suits me best. I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, but I'm good at it (possibly very good?) and it's the most promising career for me. I might start off as a magazine writer if I don't get to be a singer (even though I am planning on recording a demo CD recently). That way I can pay my bills whilst I write some kind of book or something.

I've got my career pretty well planned out.

Zorua
September 8th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I always wanted to be in the medical field ever since a good year ago. o.o

I love helping people, and I feel that being a doctor will help me to do just that. With psychology and anthropology on my side to make sure that my work goes smoothly. :3

Ageless Irony
September 8th, 2009, 04:45 PM
I WANNA BE A SPACEMAN!!!
:DDDDD

Åzurε
September 8th, 2009, 07:00 PM
I want to be... White. Or a YouTube celebrity.

But honestly, I'd rather look into something in a computer-based field, maybe programming, R&D, or medical robotics. I'm gonna be in school for a while...

The Scientist
September 8th, 2009, 08:17 PM
I am already grown up (my growth plates have been gone for over two years).

When I was younger (age 3-6), I wanted to be a paleontologist. After that, I wanted to be a physicist. Then I studied astronomy and considered that as a possible field. At age 11, I wanted to be a chef. After a year, I settled on some sort of scientific research, either chemical, physical, or biological.

The 6 years after that were devoted to deciding which of the three I would go with. I chose biology, but continued researching/studying other fields on the side.

I'm pretty good at cooking today, though.

Guillermo
September 9th, 2009, 02:57 AM
When I was young, I wanted to be a fruit. Then a tree. Then a pizza. Then as I grew up, I wanted to be a Vet. Then I wanted to be a doctor and dedicate myself to helping other people after the death of my friend, but I wasn't smart enough so I decided on the three things I posted earlier.

Graceful
September 9th, 2009, 07:21 AM
I would like to be a Vet or Veteran Nurse Or an author, but If I had a choice, I'd be a singer.....<3

Tacogeddon
September 9th, 2009, 04:59 PM

Right now I just want to be happy.

You could always be an ectoplasmic marshmallow whale.

Yingxue
September 9th, 2009, 06:00 PM
For a while, I wanted to get into a technical school to become a mortician...

But I'm kind of re-thinking it, because I don't know much about the field and how to become one in my home state.

Dukey
September 17th, 2009, 02:29 AM
When I grow up
I wanna be famous
I wanna be a star
I wanna be in movies

When I grow up
I wanna see the world
Drive nice cars
I wanna have groupies

When I grow up
Be on TV
People know me
Be on magazines

When I grow up
Fresh and clean
Number one chick
When I step out on the scene

o.o;;
But seriously I wouldn't mind graphic design, but I'm incredibly lazy and haven't got much better since a while [goodz grammerz?].
Anyways, that's the plan atm XD

BenRK
September 17th, 2009, 02:38 AM
A bum, living in my parents house, unable to find work.

Tudj
September 17th, 2009, 02:55 AM
Its kind of stereotypical, but I have always wanted to represent my country at a sport, but I am pretty good at so many i haven't chosen a path quite yet (I am 14, still have a lot to think about).

Sweet Jasmine
September 17th, 2009, 06:10 AM
I'm not pretty sure with this because my mind always change. :((

At the moment. My dream is to become a Chef or a Fashion Designer. ^.^

I'm really good at cooking and I'll always treasure that talent! :DD

Being a Fashion Designer is pretty easy to me. ;3 I know how to mix, blend colors and style properly. :P

Blaziquaza
September 17th, 2009, 12:42 PM
I wanted to be Spider-Man when I was very little,but I decided that I wasn't Peter Parker.Now I wanna be a Pokemon trainer,a cat,a whale(considering my size),and a Pokemon.

Fernando
September 17th, 2009, 12:56 PM
I'm hoping to be a web designer when I grow up,I've been learning CSS & HTML lately for some webpages and getting the hang of it.

AntLion.
September 17th, 2009, 01:56 PM
I would like to do anything with animals I just love animals so much always have since I was a kid but if I couldn't become something to do with animals I would probably be a photographer.

Kishijoten
September 17th, 2009, 03:50 PM
I've always love to fight ever since. So I decided as a "offical" dream. I really want to become a shinobi. (ninja). yes, it may be weird but, I'm doing something optimistic and supporting as well. a perfect blend.

Ellie
September 17th, 2009, 03:55 PM
I'm not really sure lol. I'm majoring in biology next year when I start college, but I don't have a specific career in mind. I don't want to be anything in the medical field, though, that doesn't interest me in the slightest and it annoys me that everyone keeps suggesting it.

KUROXFAI
September 17th, 2009, 06:11 PM
when i was really little i wanted to be a vet, then a trucker, then a Trauma Surgeon in a hospital, then Graphic designer, Then a Forensic ME, and now a Forensic Entomologist!

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty
September 18th, 2009, 04:38 AM
Baaaah, I'm in university right now doing my BA in Literature and I have no idea what I want to be when I leave. More so since the economy all went to pot and shrunk the job market in the lit field even more ;.; But hopefully I'll get some ideas in October - I'm volunteering at the Literature Festival in Cheltenham (my uni town \o/) and I hope to get to talk to some people about where to go in the literary world.

Journalism is one option I won't ever consider, though. Unless it's to be a research-assistant or something.

Mr. Avocado
September 18th, 2009, 08:38 AM
To be an Assistant Admin on PC!

I dont know yet, Im thinking about it, though!

Hiidoran
September 18th, 2009, 10:46 AM
As of this current moment, I'm studying to get a BA in both Japanese and Asian Studies. I had originally planned to pursue a degree in Japanese Education so that I could one day become a Japanese teacher here in the United States, but that would involve transferring both my major and my school, and I'm not liking that option as of right now.

I'm not quite sure what kind of career a BA in Japanese is going to land me, but I figure it can't hurt to have one, and I'm not sure what else to do with my life right now. If nothing else, I could get into the JET program and teach English over in Japan, but I guess we'll see what happens when I get my degrees, eh?

Mr. Avocado
September 18th, 2009, 10:49 AM
I wouldnt mind a suitable job at Nintendo, but that would take alot of work and Japanese language X_X

Tater Tot
September 18th, 2009, 10:53 AM
I really have no clue at all. I don't really care, as long as it pays. XD;

Mr. Avocado
September 18th, 2009, 10:58 AM
I really have no clue at all. I don't really care, as long as it pays. XD;Thats true. Its money that matters. And a suitable job!

BenRK
September 18th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Money rules the world, there's no question about that.

Mr. Avocado
September 18th, 2009, 11:34 AM
But you need to a Job thats WORTH the money. Not just the fact that you get money!

Idiot!
September 19th, 2009, 05:00 AM
For some reason I just want to be a cleaner.