PDA

View Full Version : Do you plan on adopting?

Owl
August 29th, 2009, 02:51 PM
I might if I can't find a wife lol, hbu? I really like kids btw.

emoBill™
August 29th, 2009, 03:09 PM
It's confusing. I might but I might not. I mean, I want kids somewhere along the line, but (as selfish as it sounds) I don't really want to go through the pain of pregnancy, you know? It's easy for the guys to say they want or don't want kids, but the girls have a lot of thinking to do. I also think I wouldn't be a very responsible mother to the kid, so...I'm kind of undecided. If I adopt, there's no pain, but the kid isn't a part of me, really. Ugh. Ignore me. Everything I say is coming out wrong.

.little monster
August 29th, 2009, 03:48 PM
I might, depends if my partner wants to. <3

Jolene
August 29th, 2009, 05:08 PM
I love the idea of adoption: of giving an unfortunate child a comfortable home and a loving family. It's a really nice idea, but it doesn't often turn out all that sweetly. The babies who are put up for adoption are often from really horrible backgrounds, so they sometimes have health issues and mental complaints and other nasty problems. Couple who adopt children need to have a lot of will and dedication to overcome problems like those, and I'm not so certain that I'd be able to cope.

Giraffles <3
August 29th, 2009, 06:01 PM
I hate children at the moment, so it doesn't seem like it would be a smart thing for me to do :3.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
August 29th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Not that I necessarily want kids or anything, but yes. If I ever do, I'd definitely consider adoption. The world is already full of kids who already exist and need homes, so there's no need to make new ones. I would love them the same even if they aren't biologically related to me.

But yeah, I still don't really like kids, so.. I don't know.

THIRTY-SIX
August 29th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Only if we were infertile together.

Wings Don't Cry
August 30th, 2009, 12:31 AM
I'll only adopt if my life partner isn't willing to give birth or we have problems with making an offspring.

Idiot!
August 30th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Yes. Some day I will adopt a dog.

Caliban
August 30th, 2009, 01:23 AM
I haven't begun to think about having a "special friend" yet, let alone a life partner or adopting a child!

Guillermo
August 30th, 2009, 02:28 AM
Maybe. I haven't thought about adopting. Besides, adopting would mean no making babies. Which sucks.

Gold warehouse
August 30th, 2009, 02:33 AM
I'd definitely consider adoption. The world is already full of kids who already exist and need homes, so there's no need to make new ones. I would love them the same even if they aren't biologically related to me.

Seconded. These are my thoughts exactly.

Kazukii
August 30th, 2009, 02:55 AM
My current sexuality would mean I couldn't have a child.. but I'd love a baby so adopting might be something to consider. A surrogacy baby would be more what I was looking for.

Synaesthesia
August 30th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Well I probably will end up adopting, seeing as I'm a lesbian. Although one of us can always end up going to the bank...

Owl
August 30th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Well I probably will end up adopting, seeing as I'm a lesbian. Although one of us can always end up going to the bank...
What bank? Ohhh that bank O.O lolz

Haza
August 30th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Im gay so when I settle down with my man we will definately be adopting.

morrison
August 31st, 2009, 12:59 AM
no. I don't plan on adopting one. I'd like to have one with my Oh though.

Camisado
August 31st, 2009, 01:09 AM
I said "maybe" because I can't definitely say no.

I think I'd like my own kids, but the idea of giving birth scares me, especially if there would have to be a caesarean. That would squick me out really bad. I would have to consider it carefully with my other half.

I think adoption is a great thing, and I have one or two friends who are adopted and they're quite happy with life, but I think I would like to leave it to people that can't have children, if that makes sense, although those are usually the people that want more than anything to have their own kids and pay out for IVF and other treatments.

I don't know, I'd find it awkward deciding, whether to tell my kids they were adopted, when, and how. I don't know what kind of effect it would have on the relationships...

Rokusasu
August 31st, 2009, 03:00 AM
If whoever I eventually settle down with and I were unable to have kids together but still wanted a family, then yeah, adoption would definitely be on the cards.

♣Gawain♣
August 31st, 2009, 03:55 AM
You don't specify what to adopt.

I'll adopt a pet if I can.

Blazers
August 31st, 2009, 04:08 AM
Only if a fell ill and was unable to produce the needs to make a baby =P

Toshiro.
August 31st, 2009, 09:01 AM
Probably not, I'd like to have my own child rather than adopt one. Idk. Depends.

Tudj
August 31st, 2009, 12:17 PM
Hmmmm it appears some people here don't know how to have kids. But I would only adopt if one of my partner of I was infertile.

Daydream
August 31st, 2009, 12:22 PM
Being gay, adoption is something I have to consider for my future, but at the moment I'm not entirely sure whether or not children is something I want.

s0nido
September 3rd, 2009, 10:55 PM
No, I don't plan on adopting. I want to have kids the natural way. ;)
Besides, adopting kids is a sin in my religion. You can adopt them, but they have to keep their own surname and family heritage and all that.

Giraffes? Giraffes!
September 4th, 2009, 05:59 PM
I don't think so... Why do i have to pay to take a child into my home?

I'd love to adopt, but the pricing on a child is ridiculous.

Captain Hobo.
September 4th, 2009, 06:19 PM
No i want to have my own baby.

Jordan
September 4th, 2009, 07:07 PM
I plan to adopt at least one child with my partner. Having a biological child comes first, though, then an adoption.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
September 4th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I've adopted three wonderful playful cats already, I may get another one soon

:t354:TG