PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys still watch little kid shows?

Owl
August 30th, 2009, 2:18 PM
I mean like Spongebob, etc. Do you still watch those shows? I watch Spongebob a lot he is my homie lol xD

Synaesthesia
August 30th, 2009, 2:33 PM
Umm, not really. I hardly watch TV anymore but right now I'm having a Friends marathon. But even that I've been watching online. XD

Rokusasu
August 30th, 2009, 3:57 PM
Only when my kid cousins are round, we have kids' TV on.

And when there's nothing else on.

Owl
August 30th, 2009, 4:02 PM
Only when my kid cousins are round, we have kids' TV on.

And when there's nothing else on.
lawl xD I'm sure you watch it because you like it :]

Azonic
August 30th, 2009, 4:02 PM
Spongebob is amazing man. ;o; How can you not watch it?

colours
August 30th, 2009, 4:05 PM
Spongebob is amazing man. ;o; How can you not watch it?

Patrick sucks dude. ;__; I just though I'd express my dislike. :(

As for the thread topic...welll...when there's nothing else on, I suppose it wouldn't kill me.

Jolene
August 30th, 2009, 4:07 PM
I used to watch Charlie and Lola despite being about 12 at the time. It's really cute.

Azonic
August 30th, 2009, 4:15 PM

As for the thread topic...welll...when there's nothing else on, I suppose it wouldn't kill me.
What about the time you told me you watched the Fairly Odd Parents? XD

ekekeke -runs-

Cosmo is cool tho.

TwilightBlade
August 30th, 2009, 4:26 PM
I used to watch all of those Disney/Nickelodeon/Carton Network shows until I got rid of cable a year ago. :<

SpongeBob, Fairly Oddparents, Drake and Josh, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Avatar, Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, Ed Edd and Eddy, etc were my favorite.

I'm re-watching Teen Titans online.

I miss South Park. D8

Azonic
August 30th, 2009, 4:34 PM
Teen Titans suddenly became interesting for me. :U

colours
August 30th, 2009, 4:36 PM
Teen Titans suddenly became interesting for me. :U

Ditto to this comment.

I still think Raven's awesome.

Felly
August 30th, 2009, 5:03 PM
Yeah, I still watch some children's shows from time to time. Only in the afternoons after school because there's never anything else on.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 30th, 2009, 5:37 PM
Age is relative. Sometimes I do, but mostly I watch Anime.

Citrinin
August 30th, 2009, 5:50 PM
Spongebob is awesome. ;o; Also, not sure if this counts, but I recently watched The Lion King. Quite a movie, I must say. Why can't Disney make movies of this quality anymore? XD

TRIFORCE89
August 30th, 2009, 5:54 PM
I don't know how to answer this.

I still watch animated movies. Frequently.

I still enjoy cartoon shows, but I don't actively watch them. For instance, like SpongeBob but I haven't seen an episode in ages. But it's not that I think such shows are now lame. I just...stopped watching? I guess

Gummy
August 30th, 2009, 6:08 PM
Even though I don't watch much television these days, I love watching those children shows. Spongebob is hilarious thanks to Spongebob and Patrick's silly antics, the Fairly Odd Parents own with it's awesome lines, and classics like Hey Arnold just simply win. I really hate comments like "you're too old for cartoons." No one is too old to relive their childhood.

twocows
August 30th, 2009, 6:11 PM
While I disagree with your labeling of shows targeted at younger audiences as "kid shows" (anybody can watch them, kthx), the answer is yes. I watch Courage the Cowardly Dog and the old runnings of Scooby-Doo (read: the originals). I can't think of any others that I watch.

Edit: I sometimes watch the old Loony Tunes, with Bugs and those folk.

Haza
August 30th, 2009, 7:42 PM
I love watching little kids shows. if I liked them then chances are they are still inmy heart a little

Soul Eater
August 30th, 2009, 9:08 PM
Of course I do! I love watching stuff like Rugrats and Spongebob. :D Rugrats especially, they go way back and I kind of miss them on Nickolodeon. D:

Xebelleon
August 30th, 2009, 9:21 PM
Sometimes.

It's usually Big Comfy Couch or Crazy Quilt on a irregular basis.
No children in the house so if I'm watching kiddie shows, it's because the rerun of a show I like is so bad.

Other kiddie shows I can, and have, tolerated include:

~Little Bear
~Nanalan
~SpongeBob
~Jay-Jay the Jetplane
~Sesame Street
~Once Upon a Hamster
~Lambchop's Play-a-Long
~Fred Penner's Place
~Underneath the Umbrella Tree
~Sharon, Lois & Brahm (sp?) and the Elephant Show
~The Polkadot Door
~The Friendly Giant
~Rolie Polie Olie
~Mr. Roger's Neighborhood
~Ovid Video

Show's I cannot stand to watch:

~Dora the Explorer (and that Diego show)
~Bob the Builder

World King
August 30th, 2009, 9:25 PM
(That Diego Show = "Go Diego Go, just for the record)

Yeah, of course I do. Classics we just can't forget, that should be remembered, so I just go on and watch them. =?D

>Feelings<
August 30th, 2009, 11:38 PM
While I disagree with your labeling of shows targeted at younger audiences as "kid shows" (anybody can watch them, kthx), the answer is yes.

Exactly my point. Please don't call them kid shows...
I don't watch any regularly, but I sure do love watching some of them!
My little bro does watch them, and sometimes, when I see him watching, I just sit with him and enjoy the thing he is watching, if the thing he is watching interests me.

I really like Spongebob Squarepants, Fairly Oddparents, sometimes Courage the Cowardly Dog, Phineas and Ferb, and a lot others.
But in NO WAY am I going to call them kid shows, as anybody has the rights to watch them, and anybody who has the minimum sense of entertainment and humor will end up liking them and laughing at them.
I know the ones I listed here are some really good funny shows, and most of the times they make me laugh!

But if this thread was talking about cartoons, there are a lot more that I watch sometimes.

Signomi
August 31st, 2009, 12:15 AM
Something like this would belong in Other Entertainment, so I'll move it along.

Also, I watch a few of my favourite cartoons every now and then, like Tom and Jerry (ooh I love this show), Spongebob Squarepants, Fairly OddParents, Courage the Cowardly Dog, even The Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab and Mr. Bean the Animated series on some occasions, when I was younger I used to tape my favourite cartoons and watch them over and over, and I still have the tapes. XD;

poopnoodle
August 31st, 2009, 12:24 AM
Well, Boomerang = life, and I find pleasure in youtube-ing Yo Gabba Gabba clips. I want nothing more in my DVD pile than all seasons of Doug, Pepper Ann, Recess, and the Animaniacs.

Tudj
August 31st, 2009, 12:52 AM
Yes, sometimes occasionally I watch the odd childrens show, but its not as enjoyable as it was when I was a kid.

Graceful
August 31st, 2009, 2:01 AM
Call me weird but little kids shows make me laugh more than others. Mostly Spongebob,Fairly Odd Parents and Rugrats. but. . .They rocks! XD

bit.trip void
August 31st, 2009, 2:07 AM
Fairly Odd Parents was pretty cool, as was Tomas when I was like, 5. :P

deliriouspurple
August 31st, 2009, 3:42 AM
lol Yes, I just can't get enough with them but not most of the times...I only watch them when my lil brother is watching one.

Blazers
August 31st, 2009, 4:33 AM
Not really nope.
If pokemon counts as a little kid show, then occasionally.

dannichols
September 14th, 2009, 7:36 PM
Yeah, I watch little kids shows. Thomas and friends, A lot of nickelodeon shows.

WolfWrath
September 15th, 2009, 7:55 PM
Yeah, whenever one of my fave. old cartoons are on, I'll abandon whatever else I was watching to see it, even if its a repeat.

Mukkamoto
September 16th, 2009, 12:55 AM
SpongeBob Squarepants, Tom & Jerry, Fairly Odd Parents & anything else that tends to follow up these shows. I still watch kiddo shows when im bored and the nothing better on TV is on.

Harmonie
September 16th, 2009, 5:48 AM
Sometimes. Because when I'm bored and turn on the TV I'm more inclined to enjoy a cartoon than anything else. But I still don't really watch the newer cartoons anyway.

The Apprentice™
September 16th, 2009, 5:55 AM
I'll only watch it if I lost the remote and I'm too lazy to change it myself haha

BJ088
September 16th, 2009, 5:57 AM
Some children's programs still rock. I mean, I'll never get sick of Rugrats, that show is mad lol.

luf100
September 16th, 2009, 6:44 AM
I love Fairly Odd Parents. That's pretty much the only kids show I still watch on TV. It still makes me laugh. xD Sometimes I watch Arthur... sometimes.

poopnoodle
September 16th, 2009, 7:48 AM
Alwayz. I watch Boomerang all day long.

Belinda
September 16th, 2009, 10:28 AM

I only care for certain episodes of Spongebob,going to have to agree the characters can get annoying for me and Patrick has the weirdest voice.
Right now watching alot of Disney Channel shows.

Houndour2004
September 16th, 2009, 1:23 PM
I still watch cartoons on VHS from the highlights of Danish and German morning TV in the 1990's.

Masterge77
September 17th, 2009, 12:17 PM
I srtill watch spongebob, I grew up with him, I love to watch cartoons, just not the real stupid ones for adults, in which teens only watch it...........

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
September 27th, 2009, 5:05 PM
I watch Pokemon, Spongebob, Blue's Clues, The Fairly Oddparents, and Dora the explorer etc.

:t354:TG

-NEXON
October 1st, 2009, 12:03 AM
Not really. When something I liked as a child is on, then I might just watch it for a bit. But I don't plan to watch any cartoons (like "OHHHHH, Sponge Bob is on 7am" xD).

:-)

Rehab Doll
October 1st, 2009, 12:23 AM
I love Kenan & Kel, Invader Zim and old Spongebob. I don't care if they're meant for kids, I'll love 'em forever.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
October 1st, 2009, 11:19 AM
Not really. Then again, the shows I watched as a little kid probably wouldn't be considered as such. I never watched kid shows as a kid. No reason to start now XD

Serene Grace
October 1st, 2009, 12:00 PM
The problem with this question is that "what exactly do you class as a kids show?" Something that someone else thinks is for kids might be perfectly normal for you. For example, the show Everybody Hates Chris has been classed as a normal comedy but I do hear people calling it a kids show simply because the starring actor is a kid.

Anyway, if I were to answer the question as you proposed, my answer is yes. Although the only ones I watch are Spongebob and Phineas and Ferb.

michele
October 1st, 2009, 12:41 PM
bananas in pajamas. that is all. :bandit: [of course there are others, too, like rugrats, pokemon, zaboomafoo, digimon whenever i can, etc.]

Gold warehouse
October 1st, 2009, 12:49 PM
I watch Anime's that are aimed towards children; as for Western children's cartoons, no, I never watch them.

Even as a child I didn't really enjoy cartoons, I preferred shows like Camberwick Green, The Magic Roundabout, Clangers, etc.
My favourite shows were: Thunderbirds, Stingray, Captain Scarlet.

The few cartoons that I did watch were English dubbed animes: Pokemon, Digimon and Cardcaptors.

yvette
October 1st, 2009, 2:21 PM
I enjoy the occasional episode of Spongebob. I was watching it yesterday. Really fun.

ÇyänïdëÉX
October 3rd, 2009, 1:08 PM
Hmm i say you are never to old for cartoons. In reality though cartoons are the only thing good that is on most of the time. I can't force myself to watch something boring like the news or dumb comedy shows. like i watch CN, Nick, and boomerang, and i say hey there's nothing else on might as well watch some cartoons.

Jordan
October 3rd, 2009, 3:01 PM
Define "little kid shows." In the context of shows aimed at a younger demographic like Spongebob, Fairly OddParents, or Pokemon, then yes...if I still had television ;;

Rizuza
October 4th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Depends. I hardly watch TV anymore, but if I do get my hands on the remote, I watch them. o:)

Captain Hobo.
October 4th, 2009, 7:08 AM
I hate Spongebob now it is annoying to me.

Cheesymitten
October 4th, 2009, 7:15 AM
I watch a lot of kids programmes seeing as my brother hogs the TV and i hog the laptop most of the time.
Most include Spongebob, Prank Patrol [oh God] and Johnny Test XD

Ace~Sasaki
October 4th, 2009, 6:57 PM
13 and I still watch Spongebob (no matter what's on) and the weirdest, the corniest shows like Franklin and the Magic School Bus. YES, THE MAGIC SCHOOL BUS, u heard me. haha. However, I still watch shows appropriate (and some not) to my age.

DestinyBender
October 4th, 2009, 7:45 PM
Meh. I still watch Spongebob. I always though Phineas and Ferb was a bit childish.

♣Gawain♣
October 5th, 2009, 7:32 AM
I used to watch all of those Disney/Nickelodeon/Carton Network shows until I got rid of cable a year ago. :<

SpongeBob, Fairly Oddparents, Drake and Josh, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Avatar, Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, Ed Edd and Eddy, etc were my favorite.

I'm re-watching Teen Titans online.

I miss South Park. D8

I miss the old CN. >.>

I always watch Sponegbob. You can't resist it's vile humour-ness. lolz And Billy Mandy and Grim, and Courage.

And Happy Tree Friends.

Hassamu
October 5th, 2009, 2:18 PM
http://www.alispeaks.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/arthur.gif

Yeah I still watch Arthur..

PKFL_531
October 10th, 2009, 6:57 PM
I still do, especially when I would eat some kind of treat... I want to watch more, but PokeCommunity calls for me.

RivalGator
October 10th, 2009, 9:41 PM
...Am I the only person who hates SpongeBob here, and has always hated it?

I rarely ever watch much TV anymore, but if I do it is usually for Sonic X, Digimon, Pokemon, Pucca, or South Park. That's about it, lol.

ChronicEdge
October 10th, 2009, 9:45 PM
The **** that's on right now? LOL, no. House, please.

Honest
October 11th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Does that Jackie Chan Adventures anime count? Cause I gotta tell you, that is like the best show ever, even though its for kids. You can see it in the Shows section of Youtube, if your interested.

As for other shows...well, my baby sister watchs stuff on PBS kids, and I sit down with her, but it soesn't mean I watch it... does it?

Masterge77
October 11th, 2009, 12:53 PM
I watch a lot of kids programmes seeing as my brother hogs the TV and i hog the laptop most of the time.
Most include Spongebob, Prank Patrol [oh God] and Johnny Test XD

Prank Patrol? Never heard of it, SPongebob and Phineas and Ferb for the win

Pokefangirl
October 11th, 2009, 3:47 PM
I enjoy watching Jimmy Neutron whenever I get the chance.

iPooP-On-[Arceus]
October 20th, 2009, 8:00 PM
:P I stil like Banana In Pajamas xD

Trap-Eds
October 20th, 2009, 9:08 PM
I mean like Spongebob, etc. Do you still watch those shows? I watch Spongebob a lot he is my homie lol xD

I would, if I still had DirecTV. :x Cartoons are awesome. ...Well, the ones that actually have a plot and such.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
October 21st, 2009, 8:26 PM
I loathe recent cartoons/kids shows. I still enjoy some slightly older ones. Angry Beavers, Rocko's Modern Life, Invader Zim, Johnny Bravo, Courage the Cowardly Dog... they were all great, and I don't think it's just the nostalgia.