PDA

View Full Version : Do you post for the post number or just for posting?

Owl
August 30th, 2009, 02:59 PM
I just post because I feel like posting lol xD. How about you?

Jolene
August 30th, 2009, 03:17 PM
I post when I have something that I think is worth saying.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
August 30th, 2009, 03:23 PM
I don't really post for postcount. Otherwise, I wouldn't be posting so much in threads like "The One Above", "Caption the Avatar Above You", or "TCTI" :P

Citrinin
August 30th, 2009, 03:38 PM
I post because I feel like posting. Some of the time, my posts aren't deep, but that's simply because I'm engaging in friendly conversation, or answering a poll. Postcount's a fun statistic to keep track of, particularly when it reaches numbers like "666", and even sometimes in competition, but at the end of the day, I don't really care too much about it. :/

Rokusasu
August 30th, 2009, 03:47 PM
I post because I talk too much, though I do get encouraged to post for the sake of post count when it nears a certain number. 8D Like the last one was 1337.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro
August 30th, 2009, 05:43 PM
A bit of both. I don't Spam and I generally speak my mind. But it is fun to watch those numbers rise.

EDIT:Reached 555 just now! Aiming for 666. XD

Michii
August 30th, 2009, 05:47 PM
As much as I think it's cool to watch my postcount number rise everyday, I don't post for it at all. As I've said in other posts, I post to share my experiences or express my opinions. Sometimes I post just because I'm bored, but I almost always post to tell a story. And meh, so my posts per day are below two, but I don't care. I'm not the twelve year old on the old forum I went to who posted ten times a day because I thought it'd make me look cool. :/

twocows
August 30th, 2009, 06:08 PM
If I wanted meaningless stuff to lord over other people, I'd play World of Warcraft. I don't, and I don't post to increase my post-count.

Timbjerr
August 30th, 2009, 06:14 PM
AS much as I love to see my postcount rise, I usually only post when I've got something to say in a topic. I do try to keep my ppd high, just for the fun of it though. :P

Esper
August 30th, 2009, 06:31 PM
I want to post to say that I only post when I have something to say, but just saying that doesn't really feeling saying something and would make me a hypocrite. Such a quandary. I know! I'll try using humor to distract from the hypocrisy. Oh, it's not very effective.

I just post when I have something to say.

Josephine
August 30th, 2009, 08:02 PM
For the postcount of course, I don't trust those other penis enlargement methods.

Yoshimi
August 30th, 2009, 08:55 PM
I like having a high post count to intimidate the newer users.

But I usually just post when I want to.

Soul Eater
August 30th, 2009, 09:04 PM
I already have a high post count. I post pretty much when I feel like posting. XD

World King
August 30th, 2009, 09:22 PM
High postcounts are intimidating and epic, but I just post for the heck of it, since posts in the Wi-Fi Stadium don't count: and that's where 70% of my posts are... xD

Synaesthesia
August 30th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Well right now my post count is pretty low and I know that gives the automatic impression of "noob" to me so I'm trying to post to get that off my back. But once it's up there, I'll be posting just for the fun of it. :3

Astinus
August 30th, 2009, 11:10 PM
I post when I actually have something I deem worthy to add to the thread. I don't feel like posting if I don't have much to say on the topic, so I read through a thread and think about how I could respond. Short answers in my mind get a pass.

In my newer days online, I used to post all the time because I was one of those that believed that a high post count meant something. Fortunately, I'll say, my mindset changed, and as a result my posting activity changed. While it doesn't look good to not be visibly active through my posts, I want to show that I strive to be a contributing member to this forum.

So I will say that I used to post for the sake of posting, and I used to post just for the number. Now I post to say something to the discussion, if that makes sense to anyone.

Tudj
August 30th, 2009, 11:17 PM
I post for 2 reasons-
I talk to much
I think what i say can be used for good use (which half the time noone cares),
but as much as noone says it, most people post for the count, ot to be more well known in the community

>Feelings<
August 30th, 2009, 11:25 PM
If I wanted meaningless stuff to lord over other people, I'd play World of Warcraft. I don't, and I don't post to increase my post-count.

Yeah, that's what I would have said.
I only post when I feel like posting. I couldn't care less about the post count...

Haza
August 30th, 2009, 11:41 PM
I don't really post for postcount. Otherwise, I wouldn't be posting so much in threads like "The One Above", "Caption the Avatar Above You", or "TCTI" :P

I dont believe those even count towards ur post count.

I usually post when I want to get my opinion in but If Im bored I do often just go to every interesting thread and post something.

flight
August 30th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Quality counts more than anything else when posting; but usually my replies are simplistic and thus there's no need to make them lengthy and stuff, even though that'll probably be the case with this post.

Postcount is a fun thing to have. I only like to see it go up every 1,000 posts or so, and are quite cool to look at then, but yeah. Definitely quality counts above all else. :D

Wow this post wasn't lengthy at all lol.

♣Gawain♣
August 31st, 2009, 03:34 AM
The higher the post number, the active you are counting on the join date.

I usually post to share my intelligence, that's all.

Firebird306
August 31st, 2009, 03:40 AM
Well I've been active on and off, though normally I get a little shy and opt against posting.

250 or something counted posts in 4 years is sad. =/ So I'm considering posting for the post count and for the sake of posting.

At least get 1000 so I look a tad reputable for my join date. <.<

deliriouspurple
August 31st, 2009, 03:44 AM
I just post I'm not into post counts. I just post if I want to.

Graceful
August 31st, 2009, 03:48 AM
I just feel like posting even if it's all the time in every thread. I love posting randomly!

Anxiety.
August 31st, 2009, 04:14 AM
I post because I have something to say.

Mitchman
August 31st, 2009, 05:50 AM
I post for the hell of it most of the time. Weather its just to post on the topic or disagree is another matter. I used to post for the count but that was in the first month or so.

Guy
August 31st, 2009, 06:45 AM
I don't post for the count as it tells nothing about a person besides how many posts they have made since joining. I post only to express my experiences, thoughts or opinions on the matter of subject.

If I'm bored or have nothing to do, then I might hop around for a bit around the board, but I don't go overboard like some may do it.

Serene Grace
August 31st, 2009, 06:53 AM
I post to contribute to the forums. I don't particularly notice my post count unless it's close to reaching a milestone.

By the way Mitchman, your post count is 6,999. How ironic is it that you post in a thread about posting with that postcount.

Nuke
August 31st, 2009, 07:09 AM
I post because I feel like posting. Some of the time, my posts aren't deep, but that's simply because I'm engaging in friendly conversation, or answering a poll. Postcount's a fun statistic to keep track of, particularly when it reaches numbers like "666", and even sometimes in competition, but at the end of the day, I don't really care too much about it. :/

This.

I dont get why anyone would go on a forum just to raise a number.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
August 31st, 2009, 07:10 AM
I post when I want to post, not just for post count.
However, it is neat to see how many posts I have made. :3

Avey
August 31st, 2009, 09:05 AM
I'll post in a thread if it takes my fancy, not to raise a pointless number.

Lady Gaga
August 31st, 2009, 09:10 AM
well, i dont post just so it goes up, but its cool counting them, especially when they get to good numbers, like 500, 666, 1000, etc.

xMizuOokami
August 31st, 2009, 09:19 AM
Normally I dont even pay attention to the postcount, I just post for posting..
Lol. If i post for post counts its like the first or second. lol

Hiidoran
August 31st, 2009, 10:25 AM
Just as next to every other member who has posted in this particular thread, I only make a post when I actually have something I feel is worth saying. When I want the community to know my opinion on something, or I just have something that I want to say, as is the case in New Users / Welcome, I just go ahead and make that post.

Simple as that. The numbers are nothing but neat little statistics to look back on when you're bored. o/

Melody
August 31st, 2009, 11:35 AM
Post count is irrelevant to me. I don't pay much attention to it and I definitely don't post to see it go up. When I post, it's because I want to post something, and you can be sure the post will have something to say. That being said, when my postcount reaches milestone numbers like x000, nnnn, iiii or something like that then I might say, oh gee cool, my post count is xxxx, but I don't aim for those numbers. It's just something that happens, I go 'cool' and move on and continue posting.

Postcount isn't anything special.

x any number
n any fixed number, will be the same value as all other n's in the expression (1111)
i any number, will be one greater than the one before it. (1234)

:3
August 31st, 2009, 12:44 PM
I post when I feel like I have something to say,
But right now, Im kind of posting in every thread I think is cool :p

Lily!
August 31st, 2009, 12:53 PM
I don't post much at all, I prefer lurking. ;3
If the previous statement doesn't make it obvious enough, post count doesn't matter. You don't need a high post count to earn people's respect.

Hydra
August 31st, 2009, 05:05 PM
Usually just when a thread is worth posting in to me.

s0nido
September 1st, 2009, 01:14 AM
I'm one of those few people who post for the post count and the meaningfulness of my posts. I try to make as many posts as I can while making each post worthwhile, since I'm aiming for a blog on the PokeCommunity, and in order to do that, I need to gain 5000 posts. Yes, I could just get hand-picked by a staff member or donate, but it's relatively easier for me to gain 5000 posts rather than achieve one of the other conditions.

Pokedra
September 1st, 2009, 03:28 AM
I post when I have something to contribute, if not I stay quiet ^^

Honestly, joining a forum to get a large post count is pretty....sad :/

xiaolinmaster
September 1st, 2009, 03:33 AM
i would normally not care but now i'm just posting til i get to 15

Halcyon
September 1st, 2009, 04:38 AM
I used to have that kind of thought, but it would be meaningless to spam everywhere. o_o

Gary, the Magic Fairy
September 1st, 2009, 05:20 AM
I just post whenever I feel like it. I don't even know what my post count is. Like- 1200 or something, maybe?

[Edit] Oh wow, 2300. Way off. XD

BJ088
September 1st, 2009, 05:25 AM
Post counts to me are merely an indication of how much you post, how long you've been around, etc. Like Lets Get Lost Together said, it tells you nothing about the person. Usually I only post when I have something constructive to say.

Cherrim
September 1st, 2009, 03:35 PM
When I'm nearing a milestone, I'll post more and be more aware of my postcount... recently I was very, very aware of my postcount since I went from fourth to second highest poster in a week. Since then I've stopped paying attention then, though. I post when I have something to say and never more than that--it's very rare that I'll actively search out threads to post in just for the sake of posting. I'll usually just wait until an interesting thread comes along. :/

Star★Seeker
September 1st, 2009, 03:50 PM
I post for both reasons. I really want 5,000 post so I can blog.

Gummy
September 1st, 2009, 04:10 PM
When I'm nearing a milestone, I'll post more and be more aware of my postcount...

Pretty much this. I'm quite proud of my high post count; I believe it's a good way to show my dedication to the community (other than my supporter status). However, I don't mindlessly post to see that number go up; I actually look for threads that I find interesting. If I did care, I wouldn't have thousands of my posts in a forum where posts don't count.

icomeanon6
September 1st, 2009, 04:31 PM
I'm nearing 666 posts, so I'm watching out for it. I wouldn't say that post count is the reason why I post, but it's still important to me.

Red1530
September 1st, 2009, 04:42 PM
I manly post when I feel I can add to discussion at hand.

SonicThrust
September 1st, 2009, 04:43 PM
I post when I'm bored. Not overly concerned with post count, although it might be nice to have a big number there <3.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!
September 1st, 2009, 04:45 PM
I rarely even know what my post count is. I think it's nearing 2000 at the moment...or it might have gone over without me realising...

Sora
September 1st, 2009, 05:22 PM
I usually post just for posting. If I posted for Post Count, I wouldn't be having around in Other Trivia more than half my time here in PC.

The Fourteenth Doctor
September 2nd, 2009, 10:33 AM
i post when i want to post, i dont really pay attention to my postcount apart from when reaching milestones such as 50, 100, 250, 1000, 5000, 10000 etc

Camisado
September 2nd, 2009, 10:54 AM
I'm not that bothered by statistics. I post when I think there's something useful I can contribute, or something I find interesting that I want to comment on (like this sort of thread xD).

THIRTY-SIX
September 2nd, 2009, 12:28 PM
How is the question a yes no answer?

I actually try not to post too much.

michele
September 2nd, 2009, 01:55 PM
for the most part, i post because i want to or i have something to say. but i am really trying to get to 150 posts at the moment because you just MUST have that many posts in order to claim anything in the claim threads. :\ but i'm not gonna spam the board up just to get to that number - when i get to it, i get to it.

Lynnx
September 2nd, 2009, 02:18 PM
When I feel like it.

I mean, really, is it that much of a big deal?

Spinor
September 2nd, 2009, 02:47 PM
Some of you may think that I come here for the post count and the cheese.

But no, I post here because this shirt makes me look fat :(

Oh, and the fun I get out of people who don't read rules XD

The Scientist
September 2nd, 2009, 03:10 PM
Be conservative when posting. Only post when necessary.

It's how I've managed to be here over 5 years and have such a low post count.

I see Diglett 032 on the "Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread" footer. If he says "just for posting", it's a lie. His first day on Pokemon General, the page was flooded with "I like X, do you like X" threads.

Captain Hobo.
September 2nd, 2009, 03:13 PM
I love to post and i am trying hit 1,000 posts. I mostly on Other chat, New User / Welcome, and Other Voteing Polls but where i post on Pokemon Gerenal i only post when i have to say something.

Once a hit 1,000 i will only post when i have something to say.

Katalyst
September 2nd, 2009, 03:34 PM
I don't matter much about my post count, so yeah, it's just for posting.

Jordan
September 2nd, 2009, 04:07 PM
Huh? How is this a yes or no question? :P

Anyhoo, I post most often in the places where they don't count (Other Trivia), and will rarely venture out of there unless I see something interesting where I have something to say. For example, this thread. :D

Caelus
September 3rd, 2009, 07:31 PM
When I originally joined it was just for the Post Count, and nothing else. Then I decided not to care as much and only post when I wanted to instead.

Aurafire
September 3rd, 2009, 08:19 PM
Well I certainly don't do it just for post count, but I do have some sense of purpose when I post, otherwise I wouldn't do it. I is confused by the question D:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
September 4th, 2009, 08:31 PM
I post for the hell of it and for the number of it. My goal is to get to 10,000 by the end of this month

:t354:TG

Galukxy
January 3rd, 2010, 09:08 AM
both post for posting and number i know that didn't come out right -_-'

King Goodra
January 3rd, 2010, 10:38 AM
Gonna lock this thread since its a revival of a thread that hasn't been posted in since early September. Be careful when you reply to threads, sspokemon, and remember to check the dates of the last reply to see if they're more than a month old. If they are, remember that you shouldn't reply to those. Just make a new thread. :)