PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in true love?

Jolene
August 31st, 2009, 08:33 AM
Do you believe that there's such a thing as true love? Like, a perfect relationship where you both really love each other and you want to always be together forever and ever?

I do! :pink_love:

Lady Gaga
August 31st, 2009, 08:35 AM
I do, but it is very, very uncommon. Though, it happens. It can happen. <333

Graceful
August 31st, 2009, 08:35 AM
Personally I do. I believe in that stuff. I never tell anyone though. Or people make fun of me.....

Ambellina
August 31st, 2009, 08:41 AM
I do :'O I'm a hopless romantic like there is no tomorrow ^^;;

Soul Eater
August 31st, 2009, 08:49 AM
Yes and I found true love... with none other than the lovable Pachy. <3333

shauwk
August 31st, 2009, 09:24 AM
Yes and ive found it.. Its a really crazy feeling.. When i first fell in love i couldnt stop smiling about it, that person was always on my mind No matter what and i couldnt stop thinking about him even when i tried to since i was in school and couldnt focus on what i was doing, i felt like i was missing that person to death but when we got to talk again it was great! I would feel my heart sinking when he would tell me he loved me...well that was about 2 years ago... We still love eachother more than anything but that crazy love feeling is gone

*hylian*sakura*
August 31st, 2009, 09:27 AM
I believe in true love. I haven't found it, but that's not really a major concern to me at this point in my life. I prefer having guys as friends right now. ^_^

Melody
August 31st, 2009, 09:30 AM
Yes and I found true love... with none other than the lovable Pachy. <3333

But of course I belive in True Love! <3 I'm almost 100% certain I've found it in kimi. <3333

Besides, anyone who doesn't belive in it ought to be slapped around a bit and re-educated. :3

poopnoodle
August 31st, 2009, 09:38 AM
I believe in intense emotions and attachment to someone/something (sexual or not), and that "love" is the term that expresses that feeling. However, I can't say I understand why this term has also become the official designation for obsession, jealousy, abuse, insecurity, and meaningless infatuation.

Alinthea
August 31st, 2009, 09:51 AM
Not another "love" thread. -____-"

No, there is no such thing.
It is just lust.

Chloè
August 31st, 2009, 10:18 AM
True love is very real. <3 It tskes a while to find....
I'm quite certian that I have found my true love. <3

Esper
August 31st, 2009, 10:23 AM
True love is kind of a redundant term, don't you think? All love is true. If it were false love it wouldn't really be love.
Forever, though, I dunno about that. I'm weary of anything lasting forever.

But if I had to choose I would say yes, I Believe In A Thing Called Love.

Cloyster67
August 31st, 2009, 10:23 AM
I'm still SEARCHING for true love.

XD

Twisted Cuteness
August 31st, 2009, 10:54 AM
I do. Maybe not that whole "Oh man I wish my price will take me away" schtoof but I know love is out there and I'll carefully look for it

Banjora Marxvile
August 31st, 2009, 10:59 AM
I think there is, but it is incredibly rare. After all, there has to have been true love at some point, even if it is once in the history of man, there is bound to be true love somewhere.

Ash&pikachuarethebest
August 31st, 2009, 11:15 AM
I believe in true love because I have found her which was just by random luck how we got to meet and got together but we don't care how we met anymore we just care for each other and hopefully going to move in to place together next year.

TRIFORCE89
August 31st, 2009, 12:02 PM
It's not something magic. I don't believe in the idea of a soul mate. That there is just one person out there who is perfect for you and waiting for you.

In any relationship you're in, you probably (hopefully) love the other person. To take that next step and commit to each other and want to stay with each other for the rest of your lives takes an entirely different level of love and understanding. You could call that true love. I think it is attainable. You need to find the right person and you still need to work hard at the relationship.

Tudj
August 31st, 2009, 12:21 PM
Its possible, but you don't see it very often. Anyway what I have seen from my high school/college, people their have no idea what true love is, their only interested in one thing :/.

twocows
August 31st, 2009, 02:47 PM
I'm sure there is. It sure as hell isn't what most people have, though, let me tell you. I don't go around telling people that, though; it wouldn't do any good anyway. People only learn the important lessons on their own.

Venusaur♣
August 31st, 2009, 02:47 PM
Yes, but it hasn't come to me just yet :]

TwilightBlade
August 31st, 2009, 04:22 PM
Not anymore, kiddies. Do not believe everything people tell you. 8>

Devil's Guitarist
August 31st, 2009, 04:36 PM
yup, I beleive in it and I have already found it!The most beautiful,smart and nice person in the whole world.

Hydra
August 31st, 2009, 05:02 PM
Defiantely a hopeless romantic..

C:

Kishijoten
August 31st, 2009, 07:38 PM
The answer is simple. No, i do not believe in true love. Why? Love is like a illusion you think its there but, sometimes its not.

Yoshimi
August 31st, 2009, 07:42 PM
I don't believe in such a childish thought, but it is a nice image indeed. I can't show people that true love is wrong because it is unfalsifiable. If their supposed "true love" goes behind their back and sleeps with their best friend, then they will just say it wasn't their true love.
Besides, love was already known to be hormonal changes. Kinda strange that most true love happens during puberty, right?

Synaesthesia
August 31st, 2009, 10:20 PM
Yes I think there is such a thing as true love and it's hard to find. You can't suddenly believe you're in true love if you've been with someone for a year and all your past relationships have only lasted up to 4 months. True love is when you don't hesitate to get engaged.

Camisado
August 31st, 2009, 10:32 PM
I do believe in it because I can feel it. =x

And yes, I do think I've found the person I want to share my life with, and he feels the same way, so...I said I'd found it, too.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
September 1st, 2009, 05:26 AM
All love is true.

But no, there's no such thing as a perfect love. You might get close, but it's never perfect.

_Dean_
September 1st, 2009, 10:30 AM
Aha. I knew I'd get into one of these subjects sooner or later.

I believe in true love, but my outlook on love is a very different one that most people. But I think its best I wait a while before explaining. lol

Patchisou Yutohru
September 2nd, 2009, 01:15 AM
I believe in true love. I think there's someone out there that's completely compatible with you. Now, finding that person is of course highly unlikely to occur, but there are a lot of people out there who would probably be compatible to your personality, which I believe is the foundation to creating a relationship with the person.

I also believe in the creation of true love. Someone who isn't completely compatible with you, but you developed a bond that is so strong that it doesn't really matter whether or not they're completely perfect. Perfect is boring anyway and finding that very special someone is highly unlikely.

Rich Boy Rob
September 2nd, 2009, 01:53 AM
I don't believe in true love. I believe in love, but that is still just the release of certain chemicals into the brain, it's not a spiritual thing. I believe you can love a person/object/feeling but do not believe in destined love/true love/soul mates, they all seem very fairy tale to me.

Sophie
September 2nd, 2009, 01:55 AM
I do, but it can be hard to find :3

Lo-chan
September 3rd, 2009, 04:42 AM
I believe in true love~ I don't know why I do, I just do.

Yrie
September 3rd, 2009, 10:46 AM
Totally =P

I tend to have a similar thought on it to Bill Kaulitz. Basically, there's no hating someone and then loving them later on, you feel something powerful the moment you meet a true love. But I haven't found true love yet (a little young for the xP)

Gold warehouse
September 3rd, 2009, 12:13 PM
No matter how perfect you think your significant other is, you can never be entirely sure what they are thinking or what their intentions are.
There will always be some slight form of negative thoughts in your head, people are too selfish and/or mistrusting.
True love is just another unreal fantasy thought up by humans, like destiny and Jesus.

It can be close to perfect, but it's never 100%.

Jordan
September 3rd, 2009, 01:11 PM
Yeah, I believe in true love (I just accidentally typed power instead love just there :P). It's not romance, though, because romance is lust like RomeoxJuliet. Real love is dedication, compassion, and an knowledge of each other that transcends romance and the stereotypical image of love. In that sense, I have not found my true love yet. Not sure if I will :P

s0nido
September 3rd, 2009, 10:03 PM
No, I don't think that there's such a thing as true love, where everything's perfect in your relationship. That would imply that both sides of the relationship are perfect, never fight and are always happy with each other, which is not really love at all. People in any kind of relationship always have fights and find faults in one another, but what makes it worth it is when the two people in the relationship kiss and make up, because they know that they truly love each other.

Guillermo
September 3rd, 2009, 10:28 PM
Yes, I do, but I still believe even true love can be torn apart. Only few relationships ever work out for a long time.

22sa
September 4th, 2009, 08:39 PM
If there's true friendship, then there must be true love.

But I doubt this is a possibility that applies to everybody. At any given time, how many people actually have true friends? I really don't know, and I can't claim I have them. Credit this to a lack of virtue but that really doesn't say anything. I credit it to an inherent human flaw, which can't be resolved by ordinary people in general. Some are born luckier then the rest, though.

>Feelings<
September 5th, 2009, 05:53 AM
Yes, I believe in true love.
However, I do not believe in soul mates much, as I believe that the person you can truly fall in love with can be anyone, and it doesn't need to be one fixed person.

True love is not one where there are no fights or anything... It's just the love where both sides have perfect understanding and feel for each other. I can go on and on about it.
It doesn't happen to everyone, and that's why a lot of people will end up getting in bad relationships - because there has been a fault in relationship that was never fixed in the first place.

Love is a feeling, and I truly feel sorry for the people who are so negative about love that they can't differentiate between love and lust. And I also feel sorry for those people who think love is non-existent and is just some hormones, lol.
If it was just the chemicals in our brains, then it's like saying all the emotions and feelings we have within us are just hormones and chemicals, lol.

Idiot!
September 5th, 2009, 07:05 AM
No. Any relationship can end up good or bad. It's both parties' attitudes that determines the outcome

Cherry.
September 8th, 2009, 02:56 AM
Yes i believe in " TRUE LOVE "

I already experience this kind of situation when i was 14 years old. o3o. But the problem is it was not serious. =((
But still yes i believe! XD;

Aurafire
September 8th, 2009, 04:06 AM
I'd like to believe in true love, but I'd rather experience it first before I say I believe in it =(

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
September 8th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Nope but I do believe that love is natures way of tricking people into reproducing with each other

:t354:TG

Kung Fu Quagsire!
September 8th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Nope. As wise people have said before me; it's all chemicals, nature's way of getting us to reproduce, the attitudes of the people in the relationship, ect.
Anyone who truely believes that there's a soul mate/perfect partner/whatever out there for them seriously needs a reality check.

emoBill™
September 8th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Yes, and I'm proud to say that I am one of the twelve people who voted that they found it :pink_giggle: It's such a wonderful feeling, I adore it. I wake up every day thinking that maybe it will go away, but it never does. It gets stronger every day and it makes me so happy.

xxxLatiasxxx
September 8th, 2009, 09:07 PM
No I don't believe in true love.

Bagel
September 8th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Sigh, true love. I may be young but i think ive found my true love. (Zones out thinking of Boyfriend~)

I believe in it 100%. I feel bad for those who cant exsperiece this, God its great.

Sublime
September 9th, 2009, 08:31 PM
True love isn't something you can really, completely, believe in until you find it. It's like believing in unicorns. In your mind, you truly think they exist, but you can't be sure until you find one. And even when you do find it, it takes a while for you to notice that's really a unicorn and not some horse with an ice cream cone on its head. So yea, even when you find it, you might not realize it for awhile is what I'm trying to say XD;

So if the question were "Do you think you believe in true love?" then my answer would be yes. I'm not sure if I've found TRUE love yet. I know I've found love, in more than one person. I've found love in everyone close to me. I've found very VERY strong love in a certain person, as well, but is it true love? We'll just have to wait and see for that.

Sammi
September 9th, 2009, 09:01 PM
It's certainly something I want to believe in, for sure. I'm kind of a hopeless romantic like that. And considering that some people can be married for fifty years or more, it gives me just a bit of hope that it's real. But, I've never been in love, so I can never be absolutely sure it exists.

I don't believe that it's perfect, not at all. Two people can never fully agree with each other, I think. It's being able to look past their flaws and love them anyway. But what do I know about relationships?

Code
September 9th, 2009, 09:15 PM
"I want to believe..." *Plays weird X-Files music*
XD
Me: "Sure, I believe in love! You have to believe that at least something is good in this world! What else is there to believe in?"
people: "God"
Me: "but I a already believe in him!"
people: "Good"
XD

Haza
September 9th, 2009, 11:47 PM
I believe you can truly love someone but not in the concept of true love if it make sense to word it that way.

ArcanineOod
September 18th, 2009, 04:53 PM
I believe that true love is possible and very much real. I hope that one day I will find this true love myself. ^_^

xX