View Full Version : Disney to acquire Marvel for $4 billion

August 31st, 2009, 1:52 PM

Discuss. I can't tell if this is good or bad...

August 31st, 2009, 2:02 PM
So long as Hannah Montana and the JoBros don't become superheroes, it doesn't bother me all that much.

Jazmine Marie
August 31st, 2009, 2:09 PM
Uhh, hi.

I believe there's already a topic discussing this in the 'Other Entertainment' forum.

I just thought I should tell you. :nervous:

August 31st, 2009, 3:16 PM
Just when Marvel was becoming a bit better... I assume though, it will be the same divisional staff, so that no major thing would occur to the film, perhaps the only change, would be to the script, if ABC did not like a certain thing being said.

August 31st, 2009, 3:22 PM
Disney owns a lot more than most people know. There's a lot that Disney produces that they send out under different banners. No Disney branding.

This I think will be the same. So there shouldn't be big changes to the comics.

Disney also can't wet their hands in the existing Marvel film franchises until they expire with their current producers (and maybe distributors?).

The benefit, as I see it, is perhaps simply theme park use. Depends what kind of contract Universal had with Marvel. Disney also recently bought the live-action division of Dreamworks. Doesn't mean much aside from merchandise.

Weatherman, Kiyoshi
August 31st, 2009, 4:27 PM
they bought MARVEL?

Good god Disney.

Unless Diney totally perverts Marvel and all that it has accomplished,
I'm good with it.

Netto Azure
August 31st, 2009, 5:06 PM
Wat? @_@

Didn't I have the exact same thread in Other Entertainment? XDDD (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5062223#post5062223)

Well as I said, it's still fun to see how the fandom reacts. XP

August 31st, 2009, 5:09 PM
Why should it matter.
Marvel are richer, who cares is Disney make sh!t cartoons and programs.
Just don't watch them, it won't really tarnish the name of marvel, I hope anyways.

August 31st, 2009, 7:22 PM
Not a huge fan of this but as long as they don't mess around with what Marvel has already established, I'm fine with it.

August 31st, 2009, 11:20 PM
This is definitely bad. I thought that my cars alternator going out was a real FML moment, but seriously. T__T

September 1st, 2009, 12:19 AM
As everyone has already said (though they should have just reported), this already has a thread in the Other Entertainment section.