PDA

View Full Version : Do You Think.....

Graceful
September 1st, 2009, 10:35 AM
Do you think your country/town/city doesn't care about really important stuff like drugs,alcohol etc?

Venusaur♣
September 1st, 2009, 02:37 PM
Not that tight anymore since my neighborhood is all Gangsters. I live in the ghetto lol xD

World King
September 1st, 2009, 02:58 PM
As a matter of fact, Mexico cares so much about its drug-users, they legalized drugs all over the country. O_o You heard me right, folks. (I wonder how many people who read this will suddenly plan a trip over here... xD)

Rokusasu
September 1st, 2009, 03:09 PM
Brighton's known for its bars and clubs- I think they were doing something to cut down on binge drinking, but I dunno. =/

poopnoodle
September 1st, 2009, 03:57 PM
The town I used to live in was way uptight, but our class was constantly sabotaging the town's rep...so now it's just known for the drugs/alchy. I just moved, though, so I don't really know much about this neighborhood. I seem to be surrounded by thugs, but they're pretty friendly, so I feel more protected than threatened. xD

twocows
September 1st, 2009, 05:07 PM
Important stuff (noun with adjective)
1. A subjective phrase whose meaning differs from person to person.
- example: "One person's idea of important stuff is different from another person's"

I don't care about alcohol laws. I don't care if they ban it, and I don't care if they legalize it for kids as young as 8 (both are bad ideas, but I don't care anyway). I think some drugs SHOULD be legalized for the same reason I think the 21st amendment was a good idea.

The "important stuff" for me is patent abuse and intellectual property laws. Since those are topics most people don't care about, the elected officials rarely care about those topics, either.

poopnoodle
September 1st, 2009, 06:03 PM
I don't care about alcohol laws. I don't care if they ban it, and I don't care if they legalize it for kids as young as 8 (both are bad ideas, but I don't care anyway). I think some drugs SHOULD be legalized for the same reason I think the 21st amendment was a good idea.

I agree with the idea of drug legalization. Not only for "what you do is your business" reasons, but I believe the legalization of drugs would mitigate a large number of social issues in the US. When drugs are restricted, crime rates rise. There are several reasons I support the legalization of drugs (I don't do them, however), and I won't get too far into it. Wouldn't want to ignite a debate. =x

Rich Boy Rob
September 2nd, 2009, 01:24 AM
Well our town isn't so bad, although we apparently raided 3 crack dens a couple of months back, on of which was right next to a primary school (0.o). So I think there's been a crack down (no pun intended).

Zorua
September 2nd, 2009, 01:55 AM
Living in the ghetto(sort of) isn't really your idea of "safe". So yeah, we get a fair share of gangsters and whatnot around my neighborhood, along with some crazy people to tie it in with. The crazy people, however, I believe are more or less annoying than dangerous, but the sensible person would keep their distance. :(

The city as a whole probably cares but no one reports this kinda stuff and/or nobody realky cares that much, which is the sad part.

.little monster
September 2nd, 2009, 02:51 AM
My city doesn't care. My country does. I think, some drugs should be legalized. This is because alchohol is worse than them. :| Pointless to say "Well they are bad!" with a beer in your hand.

Hamako-chan
September 2nd, 2009, 03:02 AM
Lol, I don't really know.
But... theres rarely anything on the news relating to drugs.

Graceful
September 2nd, 2009, 03:17 AM
The reason I posted this is because I was listening to Jesus Of Suburbia by Green Day. The parts that got me were - "I Don't Care","No-One Really Seems To Care","Doin' Some-One Else's Cocaine","Alcohol and Cigarettes".
Well I don't think my town seems to care much. I know where drugs are most likely to be. On a field next to the local primary school. And someone a few months ago threw a bag of drugs in the playground(!!!) they had to get police to move it.
Plus I'm getting sick on the news when it says Teenagers are getting killed by Alcohol. Like a guy who just finished his GCSE's was celebrating, got drunk and walked off a cliff.

s0nido
September 3rd, 2009, 10:17 PM
We're supposed to be living in a high crime area, but I haven't actually witnessed any crimes here. So I guess our council cares. <3

Esper
September 3rd, 2009, 11:20 PM
I live on the edge of my city's red light district which only a few weeks ago hosted a gigantic beer garden that must have drawn in thousands of people. But yes, in their own way the city does care about drugs and alcohol and things of that nature. Illicit drugs of any kind are so illegal that hemp grows on the side of the road and no one dares to pick it. By making sure that people can drink in a safe place that has access to subways and taxis it tries to cut down on drunk drivers, though people here still drink way too much in my opinion. My biggest complaint is that people can and do smoke everywhere and no one cares about it.

Camisado
September 3rd, 2009, 11:22 PM
We're a small town with surprisingly good crime rates etc., but in every town there's drug problems, especially with the homeless.

We don't have a bad alcohol problem but one or two people can overdo it. There's a local boy in hospital in a coma at the moment due to an alcohol-fuelled attack.

Xebelleon
September 3rd, 2009, 11:33 PM
I think Canada tries to care. Municipalities must not be trying too hard though if the homeless have such access to whatever smokes. And then there is the media reporting on drug methodologies from elsewhere coming towards where I live. Yeah, way to go. Why not mention the names of those in criminal cases you mention months ago yet can't now due to publicity ban?

And I wanted to be a journalist...

Guillermo
September 4th, 2009, 03:16 AM
No, we don't. Kevin Rudd is a complete idiot. He's focusing on idiotic stuff such as street racers and age limits instead of more important things.

bit.trip void
September 4th, 2009, 03:19 AM
I second what Will [Juicy Juit] said.

♣Gawain♣
September 4th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Our major religion Roman Catholic tolerates it, but the government doesn't. That's the sad fact...

Gold warehouse
September 4th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Yes my town cares a lot about alcohol, we have lots of decent pubs around, and the stores always have plenty in stock.
idc about drugs.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
September 4th, 2009, 02:50 PM
My town loves drugs. :D They're also quite fond of alcohol.

Plus I'm getting sick on the news when it says Teenagers are getting killed by Alcohol. Like a guy who just finished his GCSE's was celebrating, got drunk and walked off a cliff.
I lol'd hard at this. I'd assume maybe 2% of teenagers are being killed by the alcohol itself. People should not be playing around on freaking cliffs in the first place.

Jordan
September 4th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Guelph as a whole is a pot town/alcoholophilic (not a real word) city....Canada as a whole is like this, though.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
September 29th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Where I live at, it's considered the King of drugs and drinking -.-"

:t354:TG

Haza
September 29th, 2009, 10:03 PM
They are to get it! XD No one reeally cares about it. Its so normal that it only matters if you do or dont do it. Its unlikely that u will be judged for it.

Tudj
September 30th, 2009, 01:37 AM
Well in my neck of the woods, crimes are taken pretty seriously, but the worst it gets is underage smokers and drinkers.

The Darkest Gale
October 4th, 2009, 02:20 AM
well my street has a lane with druggies alchoholics and stuff so I wish my town cared more about it. Our street gets the worst :( my dads jaguar XK got all its windows smashed yes ALL. plus last year guys started throwing vbricks and wood at children in my street including me! it was annoying then they chased us and it was midday and we actually had to run through the centre of town,shopping centre and everything! I managed to hide in Argos :D so I WISH they cared but our MP is an grump and cheap :(

Cheesymitten
October 4th, 2009, 02:35 AM
My town does try a lot to get peeps off of drugs but,
There are a lot of "hooligans" *smirk* around here

ÇyänïdëÉX
October 4th, 2009, 04:58 AM
Well my neighbor hood has its ups and downs but i think more could be done with it. Though the police are out to mainly just stop people for the slightest infractions instead of going for the major speeders etc. In overall the city i live in could do so much more but its just a stupid crappy city that just keeps draining their citizens of money.