PDA

View Full Version : New Problem: Pm from the 1970's O.o

Universal
September 2nd, 2009, 10:31 PM
Yeaaahh..I got a PM from the 1970's and i can't open..

Its not really big...But its acually a missing pm from a friend..Kinda like a bad egg..lol..

Anyone else had this?

Also..I can print the screen if you want me to.

Rukario
September 2nd, 2009, 11:03 PM
you have a extremely rare item.. I'd hold it forever.

Universal
September 2nd, 2009, 11:06 PM
I know. :3

Im never gonna delete it

NarutoActor
September 3rd, 2009, 12:32 PM
wait so you can get them
(i want one)

abnegation
September 3rd, 2009, 12:34 PM
That is so much win.
My god you sure you're not high? xD;
I'm joking but that is cool.

Sajuuk
September 3rd, 2009, 12:42 PM
Are you not able to open it? You know what, PC didn't even exist at that time, neither did the internet, nor vBulletin or anything like this.

So how the PC database managed to get a PM from way before the thing even existed is very beyond me. That explains why you can't open it.

But this is so much win. :)

Shining Armour
September 3rd, 2009, 12:48 PM
I'd like to see a screen shot plz...

PsychoTines
September 3rd, 2009, 12:49 PM
Haaa. that was my message.
I wanna find out how I sent that...o.o
Has there been any news about other ones?

Benadryl
September 3rd, 2009, 12:49 PM
Are you not able to open it? You know what, PC didn't even exist at that time, neither did the internet, nor vBulletin or anything like this.

So how the PC database managed to get a PM from way before the thing even existed is very beyond me. That explains why you can't open it.

But this is so much win. :)

Wow there are such things as time stamp errors and naughty admins so I'm sure there's a pretty logical answer to why this is occurring.

Sajuuk
September 3rd, 2009, 12:51 PM
Wow there are such things as time stamp errors and naughty admins so I'm sure there's a pretty logical answer to why this is occurring.
There is: it happens on every vBulletin forum running, so don't expect vB to fix it any time soon :D

processr
September 3rd, 2009, 12:59 PM
01/01/1970 is the earliest date that all modern computers and software (vB included) will display, so a default date for something will be exactly that. For example, in the CMS for my site I am listed as having been a member for 39 years or so, as that's the date is uses to show that I've always been an admin, if that makes any sense. As for why you have a PM from then, I've no idea.

Camisado
September 3rd, 2009, 01:01 PM
I've had 01/01/1970 happen a lot on my own server (with vBulletin and other software like Drupal). If I recall correctly, it's the earliest date that Apache will handle, and it sometimes just happens.

Edit: Dammit Michael, beating me to it. >>

Universal
September 3rd, 2009, 01:03 PM
Sucks cause i need 15 post ;-;

It keeps saying i got a new pm when i can't even open it! Dx

Tudj
September 3rd, 2009, 01:10 PM
Hmm not on this website, but on others I have had the same problem, except it was more reported than it is here.

Sajuuk
September 3rd, 2009, 01:12 PM
As mentioned, it's a known bug but don't expect vBulletin to really care about vB 3.8.x atm, they're working on vB 4.0 more than fixing a bug that happens everywhere on Earth. :D

processr
September 3rd, 2009, 01:16 PM
As mentioned, it's a known bug but don't expect vBulletin to really care about vB 3.8.x atm, they're working on vB 4.0 more than fixing a bug that happens everywhere on Earth. :D

Do you actually take in anything that people say?

Sajuuk
September 3rd, 2009, 01:17 PM
Do you actually take in anything that people say?
Yes, but you're repeating what I've already stated.

Rucario
September 3rd, 2009, 01:17 PM
I have two. Deleted one, but still have one.

Benadryl
September 3rd, 2009, 01:20 PM
It's not a bug. It's simply a global issue that occurs on most sites due to uncoordinated time stamps. It may have timed out while its command remained idle and then was defaulted and sent anyway. A bug would mean a very direct flaw in V Bulletin or PC's digital software, which is not the case.

Team Rocket's Raichu
September 3rd, 2009, 01:36 PM
Nice, don't delete. Send me a PM with a pick.

Cloyster67
September 3rd, 2009, 01:40 PM
Guys, don't be stupid.

As homeworld said, the Internet didn't exist back in that time.

If you ask me, Mercyful wasn't even born back then.

And we've yet to see this "screenshot" of that message.

So I'd like to see this closed, just for plain nonsense.

Universal
September 3rd, 2009, 01:41 PM
Trying to get 15 posts D:

Its not really anything big though e-e

Cloyster67
September 3rd, 2009, 01:44 PM
Plus, as Mercyful just posted. ^^^^^

All he wants is lots of posts, so please lock this.

Shining Armour
September 3rd, 2009, 01:45 PM
He has to have 15 posts to post a link to the screen shot

Universal
September 3rd, 2009, 01:47 PM
http://i26.tinypic.com/2ufygz4.jpg There...

Shining Armour
September 3rd, 2009, 01:52 PM
If you can't open it, and want to get rid of the notification, try logging out, and then back in.

Universal
September 3rd, 2009, 01:54 PM
Try'd it,just now,failed >XP

Like i said,its really not that bad..Though i feel lucky o.o

Shining Armour
September 3rd, 2009, 01:59 PM
You clicked log out at the top of the page right, not just the "x"?

or, you can clear your browser history by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Delete.

EDIT: lolz, its my one thousand one hundred eleventh post.

Daydream
September 3rd, 2009, 01:59 PM
That's legendary. xD I'm so jealous. o_o

Universal
September 3rd, 2009, 02:00 PM
You clicked log out at the top of the page right, not just the "x"?

or, you can clear your browser history by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Delete.

EDIT: lolz, its my one thousand one hundred eleventh post.

lol,Yes,thats what i did

I dun wanna delete the message..Who knows what powers it contains O.o

Cloyster67
September 3rd, 2009, 02:02 PM
It's all just photoshopped!

I want this thread closed!

Universal
September 3rd, 2009, 02:04 PM
I suck at photoshop ;-;
I don't even have photoshop >XP

PsychoTines
September 3rd, 2009, 02:06 PM

...Why would someone photoshop that?

to do this you have to prt scrn(not that hard), THEN prtscrn cut and copy the mail thing PERFECTLY place it, change the date, delete the title and go through and match the color, clean.
that's actually quiet a complicated thing to do when you think about it.

Shining Armour
September 3rd, 2009, 02:06 PM

Your right it does look photo shopped, if you look at the timestamp on the "old" messages and the unread one, the time is below the date, not beside it; however that does not give you reason to bash this guy.

Even if he is a troll, that does not mean you can be rude too. You need to learn some respect, and who cares if you want it closed. Its up to the staff if they will close it.

Zumi
September 3rd, 2009, 02:07 PM

You're just a stupid noob that can't take infomation in.

Universal
September 3rd, 2009, 02:08 PM
Your right it does look photo shopped, if you look at the timestamp on the "old" messages and the unread one, the time is below the date, not beside it; however that does not give you reason to bash this guy.

Even if he is a troll, that does not mean you can be rude too.

Well...I still got the Notifacation with that un-read 1970's pm..What me to prin screen that? O.o

Also,i never photoshop anything ._. I completly fail at it e-e

Zumi
September 3rd, 2009, 02:12 PM
Well...I still got the Notifacation with that un-read 1970's pm..What me to prin screen that? O.o

It's ok. I have also had his PM.

Shining Armour
September 3rd, 2009, 02:12 PM

I am just saying that the bottom one is different, It does not make a difference to me one way or another, I looked at it in photoshop, and it if it was shopped, it was done fairly well, except for the time.

I was just stating that the other guy needs to quit trying to run the tread, it pisses everybody else off.

Universal
September 3rd, 2009, 02:13 PM
It's ok. I have also had his PM.

-is no longer special since you have it to- D:

EDIT: Got another screen picture..You will see that im in my pms,and i clicked the notification.BUT.There is no new pm(The 1970 pm..WHich is in the last page)

Ineffable~
September 3rd, 2009, 02:21 PM
I can't believe no one has answered this question yet... -.-

If you want to get rid of the notification, simply check the box next to the private message, then select "mark as unread" from the drop-down list. It will no longer say "Your Notifications: 1"

And I guess that's all I have to say here, everything else that is needed has been done. Congratulations on your private message. ^^

Universal
September 3rd, 2009, 02:26 PM
Im saving it :3

I'll name it 1970 o.o

Katalyst
September 3rd, 2009, 02:29 PM

The "time being beside the date instead of below it" is a fact, but the date and the time are perfectly aligned, the font is exactly the same type and size as the other PM dates and the colours look alright, so I don't think it was photoshopped.

And you're no staff to want a thread closed, are you? You don't need to bash someone because you think they're lying.
--
Well, a PM from 1970 is an epic thing, but it's also strange. I'd keep it if I were you.
I have no idea of what would cause that o.o Like I said, it's strange.

NarutoActor
September 3rd, 2009, 02:43 PM
its to good to be photoshoped like the post of above everything fits
(dont be jelous)

Giratina55
September 3rd, 2009, 02:44 PM
Ok, i believe all of you are wrong. (no offence, you dont have to believe this if you dont want to)

But i have heard a story from my friend about his friend.

One time his friend (Zack, he used to be on here, dunno his username) got that message. He tried to hack his way in to try and see what it was. He finnaly did it,
and you know what was inside? All it had in it was this... "I see youve cracked the code, now prepare for the worst week you will ever have!" and, there was a weird thing, it said "aihaopucanreedziscuasifucantenuwundie" He couldnt understand it.
So the next day, he almost got struck by lightning (it was an inch away from his arm o.O)
next day he almost got hit by a crashing car.
the next day he almost got hit by a wing of a crashing airplane (the wing fell of the airplane, and also was an inch away from his right arm)
next day, almost got hit by a accidental fire (on his right o.o)
the next day he almost got hit by a flying knife (he dodged it by going right)
next day, the whole right screen of his monitor was glitched up.
and, the 7th day, he died due to falling down in the road, and getting his right arm,leg, and head cut off.
i hear its called the 7 right days of doom curse.
know one knows what causes this.

(AND IM NOT LYING! and dont say it was dumb bloody mary or candyman, but im not saying tails doll...thats a diffrent story....)

Universal
September 3rd, 2009, 02:46 PM
Im not gonna hack the pm open if its true ._.

Although my stomach has been hurting for some odd reason..Though im prob just hungry.. >XP

Giratina55
September 3rd, 2009, 02:49 PM
Ya, probly XD

but believe me its true, i know my friend, he never lies.
so if he doesnt, i dont.
i lie sometimes, but not if its a story that was true.

Universal
September 3rd, 2009, 02:51 PM
._. ..............Im hungry...

Counterfeit
September 3rd, 2009, 02:54 PM
removed .

Giratina55
September 3rd, 2009, 02:54 PM
Ok, i believe all of you are wrong. (no offence, you dont have to believe this if you dont want to)

But i have heard a story from my friend about his friend.

One time his friend (Zack, he used to be on here, dunno his username) got that message. He tried to hack his way in to try and see what it was. He finnaly did it,
and you know what was inside? All it had in it was this... "I see youve cracked the code, now prepare for the worst week you will ever have!" and, there was a weird thing, it said "aihaopucanreedziscuasifucantenuwundie" He couldnt understand it.
So the next day, he almost got struck by lightning (it was an inch away from his arm o.O)
next day he almost got hit by a crashing car.
the next day he almost got hit by a wing of a crashing airplane (the wing fell of the airplane, and also was an inch away from his right arm)
next day, almost got hit by a accidental fire (on his right o.o)
the next day he almost got hit by a flying knife (he dodged it by going right)
next day, the whole right screen of his monitor was glitched up.
and, the 7th day, he died due to falling down in the road, and getting his right arm,leg, and head cut off.
i hear its called the 7 right days of doom curse.
know one knows what causes this.

(AND IM NOT LYING! and dont say it was dumb bloody mary or candyman, but im not saying tails doll...thats a diffrent story....)

Piplup-Trainer
September 3rd, 2009, 03:11 PM
I have a very stupid problem...
When I try to go on page 2 of this thread (I'm right now writing this quick reply on page 1), then the whole site goes black and a weird text appears :
http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii209/Ganondorf-Fake/wtf.jpg

If you have any answers to my question, then please open a new thread or PM me (I can open every page from Pokecommunity, except page 2 of this thread)...