PDA

View Full Version : Have you dreamed about being shot?

Forever
September 3rd, 2009, 12:04 AM
And how did you react when you woke up? I've dreamed about being shot... maybe three times, all ending up with me crying, rather than screaming.

Signomi
September 3rd, 2009, 12:06 AM
...yeah, I have. I can remember being shot with a 45 caliber gun by...a dog.

YOU HEAR ME? A DOG.

A DOG SHOT ME.

THEN IT LAUGHED WITH ITS BUNNY AND CAT FRIENDS.

STUPID DOG.

STUPID GUN. >_>

Jubilation
September 3rd, 2009, 12:11 AM
I have to say I haven't, is it common to dream of being shot? @_@

Citrinin
September 3rd, 2009, 12:12 AM
Once. I dreamt that I was wandering through a field of people who all looked identical to me (a detail which, in the dream, didn't seem at all strange.) One of these "Hector"s, dressed in a suit, came up to me and asked me to play paper scissors rock. I said "yes", we played, and he beat me with rock. He announced that I lost, and then held a gun to my chest. Suddenly, I was cut to a scene where I was asleep on the couch, and the suited Hector held a gun to sleeping Hector's back and fired.

Yeah, my dreams are pretty wtf. :<

Tudj
September 3rd, 2009, 1:08 AM
Yes I have, but when I woke up I just had relief, and even with worst dreams like drowning or being kidnapped (some scary stuff).

Kazukii
September 3rd, 2009, 1:09 AM
I have. But it's not too bad because just as the bang bit comes, I wake up.. usually quite sweaty.

donavannj
September 3rd, 2009, 1:18 AM
Yes... several times... and usually several times per dream. And it's usually in sequences where I have superhuman strength because I'm avenging a travesty committed against someone innocent. They're really quite... odd.

txteclipse
September 3rd, 2009, 1:39 AM
I've had a few dreams of getting shot. One notable one was very vivid. I was walking through a mall that I recognized to be an actual mall I go to once in a while, and as I neared this certain flight of steps, three guys walked down them, one pulled a gun, and shot me. I believe I woke up just as I hit the ground.

⋚Raika⋚
September 3rd, 2009, 2:45 AM
I have not dreamed about being shot, but I had dreams about me being bitten by some Disney character on the neck (vampire!) and being turned into a worm by another worm for calling it a caterpillar... After these dreams when I woke up I was sweating like hell.

Rokusasu
September 3rd, 2009, 2:59 AM
Last night I did, but it was at a ridiculously long range, and the bullet wasn't capable of causing any damage, if that makes sense. o_o;;; Because it was a weird dream with anime/ Disney characters in, I wasn't too bothered. XD

Halcyon
September 3rd, 2009, 3:40 AM
Nope, I haven't. And I hope I really don't.

I dreamt of jumping of a building once, that was enough for me. X(

Firebird306
September 3rd, 2009, 3:59 AM
Years ago I dreamed about being shot. I was at some shops, when some guy tells me to go home and shoots me. Everything goes all slow-mo and I dodge the bullets. o.O Not really a scary dream for some reason. XD

Revise Librarian
September 3rd, 2009, 4:18 AM
I dreamed of it once... a few days ago... but I was only shot in the finger.

BJ088
September 3rd, 2009, 4:47 AM
Here's my story.

I was at a concert watching some random band play. I headed towards the candy bar to get a drink and there was a scuffle at the front of the candy bar. I thought nothing of it but heard some dude yelling at security just saying "give me my bag back and I will leave." So I walk off, then I heard a lot of commotion going on, more than before, and I ducked my head around the corner to see what was happening and the guy had his bag and started to walk my way. He saw me around the corner, I went to walk off and he reached into the bag, grabbed a gun and shot me in the chest. I didn't die straight away (because clearly when you die in a dream you wake up), but I was in pain. I woke up eventually (probably died in my dream) and my chest was hurting SO MUCH. It was bizarre!

Åzurε
September 3rd, 2009, 5:54 AM
Not shot, but I do believe I dreamed I suffocated trying not to inhale the Joker's laughing gas stuff. =/

silverdreams92
September 3rd, 2009, 7:07 AM
I have. The entire dream terrified me, so I won`t go into detail, but I remember someone shooting me. I woke up crying hystericaly.

Suki
September 3rd, 2009, 7:24 AM
Yeah I dreamed I got shot in the back once by someone keeping someone hostage! I felt the bullet but didn't hurt :] It was a pretty cool dream.

twocows
September 3rd, 2009, 8:27 AM
I don't think so. I do think I've had a dream where I died, though, and I had the same reaction; I was crying when I woke up. That was a long time ago, though.

Gold warehouse
September 3rd, 2009, 9:20 AM
No I've never dreamed that, I'm always the gunman.

Niles Crane
September 3rd, 2009, 9:24 AM
Only ran over... many times.

I'd be crying too.

Lynnx
September 3rd, 2009, 9:56 AM
Um, no. Well, yesterday I had this dream involving science camp, Canada, stolen cars, and fried chicken, but no guns ... yet. o.o;;

♣Gawain♣
September 3rd, 2009, 10:00 AM
I think it was a year ago when I dreamed I was shot by a shotgun full impact on my face. Woke up sweating and in hysterics...

.Wolfie-kun.
September 3rd, 2009, 10:21 AM
Yes I have had them now and again...

... and yes, it hurts >.>

Hiidoran
September 3rd, 2009, 11:24 AM
Not shot, but I have dreamed that I've been stabbed.

All in all, that dream wasn't too terrible. It made my heart beat a bit, and of course I woke up in mid-gasp, but it wasn't half as bad as the dream where I somehow accidentally drove off a cliff. >:

The thought of that dream still makes me shudder every now and again.

Captain Fabio
September 3rd, 2009, 11:47 AM
I am sure I have been shot in a dream, but I havn't cried over it.

That is just sad.

poopnoodle
September 3rd, 2009, 12:05 PM
I had a dream about my friend being shot at the post office, then her sister and I fleeing from the scene and fabricating a lie to tell our parents so they wouldn't find out.

Serene Grace
September 3rd, 2009, 12:08 PM
Yup, 2 days ago in fact. I was scared out of my mind but relieved in the end.

Jordan
September 3rd, 2009, 12:28 PM
I have dreamed many times of being killed by various methods. Gunned down, car crash, snake bite, damned, you name it, I probably was killed that way in my dreams....maybe it's a sign 0.o;;

Synaesthesia
September 3rd, 2009, 6:50 PM
I've never dreamt of shooting someone or being shot and I must say that I'm glad, cause it sounds horrible. D:

Caelus
September 3rd, 2009, 7:22 PM
I doubt it. What I recall the worst things that happen in my dreams don't involve me, but others... though none have gotten shot.

s0nido
September 3rd, 2009, 9:39 PM
As far as I can remember, I haven't had a dream where I was shot. Or maybe I have, but if I did, I can't remember the full details of it.

Graceful
September 4th, 2009, 7:49 AM
Yeah Sorta. I mostly get shot by Yuna from Final Fantasy X-2. I swear I'll never play that again!

Salvation
September 4th, 2009, 8:11 AM
ive never been shot but I've been shoved off a building a few times. Funny though, I swear it's the same dream every freaking time D=

Uh-Oh, Ho-Oh!
September 4th, 2009, 9:21 AM
I'm pretty sure that I haven't...

Michii
September 4th, 2009, 9:46 AM
In all of the dreams involving guns which I remember vividly, I've always talked my way out of the dangerous situations. I'd still be slightly frightened upon awakening, but I've never woken up crying hysterically.

I have been shot, however, in those dreams when you've just entered REM sleep (which a lot of people have). It's the one where you're falling or about to get hurt, and upon impact of ground/bullet/etc, you're jump started awake. I've had many of those, most involving the falling to the ground, though some of being shot.

Chloè
September 4th, 2009, 12:39 PM
I have dreamed many times of being killed by various methods. Gunned down, car crash, snake bite, damned, you name it, I probably was killed that way in my dreams....maybe it's a sign 0.o;;

Same here. Mine are really bloody and gruesome, with my insides flying everywhere, etc etc. It might be a sign of my eternal damnation...

Barney.
September 4th, 2009, 12:44 PM
I dreamt I was shot by Mario once...It was a pretty wild night anyway..Probably my own fault...I didn't cry though, or was sweaty.

But I did cry when I dreamt that my dad got shot and then my mum married the murderer, but she didn't know that he was, only I did..If you get me.

It wasn't a massive cry, just a few teers.

Owl
September 4th, 2009, 1:28 PM
I don't have to dream of being shot it happened once before :]

Azonic
September 4th, 2009, 4:05 PM
I can only recall a few times with me being in a death situation with knifes / guns. They usually don't pull an emotional trigger on me when I wake up. In fact, I sometimes enjoy it for the adventure. xD

Wink
September 4th, 2009, 4:16 PM
Yeaaa, I do. xD But it's usually me at school and the teachers go bad or someting stupid like that. I usually find it pretty funny.
Apart from that, I usually only have (serious) dreams about being killed by stabbing or drowning. xD

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
September 4th, 2009, 8:39 PM
Not a shooting but more like someone stabbing me in my arm, and I felt the pain when I woke up

:t354:TG

Idiot!
September 5th, 2009, 7:24 AM
Someone has been fatally knocked down by car in a hit-and-run.

I've been whacked on the head and I was thinking, so this is what it's like to die. while blacking out, only to wake up.

I've been cut into pieces too. My dreams are sadistic. There are bombs too.

deliriouspurple
September 5th, 2009, 7:26 AM
Being shot, yes I dreamed it lots of times. I shout when I dreamed about that.

emoBill™
September 5th, 2009, 3:38 PM
Oh my gosh, yes. That's actually weird because I dreamt that about two weeks ago. For some reason I was in a concentration camp, even though I'm German and only have a little bit of Jewish in me, and so Hitler came in. And he had a machine gun. It was terrifying. For some reason, he fell asleep, and then I took his machine gun and shot him O.O

Then he woke up and he tried to shoot me and I hid behind a chair.

It was a funny-yet-serious dream. I think I woke up normally. I don't remember now.

Blazers
September 5th, 2009, 4:27 PM
Haha yupp.
Stabbed shot melted hit with hammers.
Even been shot with a nail gun.

Corvus of the Black Night
September 5th, 2009, 5:46 PM
Does dreaming of being run over count close enough? Because both still happen in Detroit.

Oh joy ~

Guillermo
September 5th, 2009, 6:05 PM
I've probably been like tortured in my dreams, but as usual never remember. :]

So, not that I can remember. I've been thrown off of a speeding ambulance before?

ArcanineOod
September 18th, 2009, 5:15 PM
O_O
No. Not once, not ever. I've never been shot, or killed in any other way in any of my dreams. I was almost killed by a massive heat wave that was engulfing the Earth because it was the end of the world, but I made it out of that dream alive. I was also almost killed by all-consuming alien plants that came to Earth as spores and started growing over everything, but again, I managed to escape. Scary, scary dreams, but I've never been shot. Thank goodness.

xX

Alistair
September 18th, 2009, 7:36 PM
Yeah, I have. Countless times. The most memorable one took place in the middle of a field. I was walking, just listening to my Zen and minding my own business, when all of a sudden, I felt something penetrate my larynx, and I went down. Somehow, a random ambulance appeared and picked me up. I appeared to be unconscious by the medics, but I could still hear, breathe, and see (I couldn't move or talk, though). When I got to the ER at the hospital, I saw them pull out a hack saw from a treasure chest. By that time, I had passed out in the dream and woken up in real life. As soon as I woke up, I coughed up blood and felt a strange pain in my throat. It was wierd. The pain went away after about 20 minutes, and I was fine for the rest of the day.

Lucy Lu
September 18th, 2009, 7:48 PM
One time I dreamed that my family got shot. D: They got robbed and then the robber killed them and took everything. At that one point, I woke up all sweaty. ;;

For the most part I usually will have nightmares that I get run over or get into a car accident. Or my family get into a accident. Not me or them getting shot. I just had the nightmare once. Thank goodness.

DestinyBender
September 18th, 2009, 8:07 PM
Lawl, this may sound strange.

I had a dream that I had Piper's powers from Charmed. Now, I am sitting at the hospital, waiting for my girlfriend to get out of a few stitches.

Then some guy in black started shooting everyone with a machine gun. I froze the room (lawl) and pulled my gf out of emergency. She was like wtf?

I woke up. Lawl.

~DB

Captain Hobo.
October 8th, 2009, 9:57 AM
Yes sadly yes it is very scary:(

Guy
October 8th, 2009, 10:31 AM
I've actually had quite a few gun shot-related dreams in the past and one most recently. Some involved myself being the victim of the bullet shot, while others may have pertained to a friend or family member. As for my most recent, I cannot remember exactly what is may have been about, but I do remember getting shot in the ear. Ya hear that? The ear! xP

Anyhow, I ended up waking up during my usual time in the morning, but oddly enough the dream left me with a slight ear ache during the midst of the day.

narcoleptic
October 8th, 2009, 11:13 AM
I'm not sure If I did but maybe,considering my dreams are crazy always.

Avey
October 8th, 2009, 11:38 AM
I can't remember all of my dreams, but I'm pretty sure I've never been shot in any of them. I've had a couple of dreams centered around guns and luckily none of them have been aiming at me when the triggers were pulled. I had one dream where I was holding a gold desert eagle (I know it was one because my friends and I had been talking about Modern Warfare just before I fell asleep, lol) and the person I was aiming at turned out to be two different people. In my dream, I asked him what his name was and twice I was given two different answers. Then I woke up.

I think it'd be pretty funny to be shot in one of my dreams though. I'd probably end up falling out of bed or something, lol.

Haza
October 8th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Yeah, i had a dream that I was a Japanese assassin and my brother was an American assassin and we were fighting on the roof of a skyscraper and he shot me in my back. I felt it. I have also had dreams of being stabbed. Wierd dream I know.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
October 9th, 2009, 7:56 AM
I'm sure I have at one time or another (my dreams frequently involve the criminal element) but I really can't recall the details. And I don't think I really woke up terrified, because I'm used to extreme violence in my dreams.

Cheesymitten
October 10th, 2009, 12:53 AM
I had a dream that i got shot in the back, when i woke up i found out that i had twisted my back...
=(

gigapoodle
October 10th, 2009, 9:18 PM
I think once I had a dream that I got shot by a gun loaded with fruit loops...then I fell off of a dock and landed in the water. I woke up thinking, 'WTF?' And just kinda staring at a wall for a while.

Sushi.
October 11th, 2009, 3:41 AM
Years ago I had a dream that I was being shot by a gun.
I was all scared when I woke up from that dream.

Serene Grace
October 11th, 2009, 4:04 AM
I've had one dreeam about being shot. I was running down my street after a football match when I bumped into this guy. I noticed he had a gun straight away on him and I told hime not to shoot. He shot me in the stomach, but I ended up walking back home normally. I told my dad and he told me to go to hospital. The next thing I know, I was awake.

I used to have a lot of death related dreams back when I was 5-9. They used to really scare me because they were always the same - me jumping off the stairs of a burning building. now that i'm older though, these dreams have stopped which makes me glad.

Kishijoten
October 11th, 2009, 8:37 AM
Nope I haven't. But, someone was aiming for me and some of my other classmates. So I guess not. I never got hit by those shots because we kept dodging em from a window in a classroom.

Articuno Girl
October 17th, 2009, 2:14 AM
Yeah I have a lot of these kind of dreams. The pain is excruciating when I wake up and I'm often clutching where I had been shot.
What makes it worse, it's always the people that mean the most to me that commit the crime.

Patchisou Yutohru
October 19th, 2009, 7:58 PM
I don't normally remember my dreams, but I'm rather positive that I dreamed about being shot in the past and I dreamed that I was the one to shoot somebody as well. :>

Anyways, I don't react to dreams or anything when I wake up. I may say something about it to someone in the short hours after I wake up or something, but apart from that, any dream I have usually stays in my head with me either wanting to fall back asleep to continue the dream, or me falling asleep anyway and starting a new one.

Nich'ya
October 20th, 2009, 2:03 PM
Oh my god, yes. Someone was chasing me around then they shot me with a rifle and for the rest of the dream, it was like a camera was circling around my dead and bleeding body.

TwilightBlade
October 20th, 2009, 3:01 PM
I never had a gun in my dream. Regardless, I have not personally died in any of my dreams, but other people have died. One time, I woke up so shocked I was still crying on the way to school an hour later.

Aberbecam
October 21st, 2009, 1:22 AM
Yes i have. Once i was really sad (for some personal reason) and wondered what would happen if i get shot by someone or something. But now,come to think of it. it's not really worth getting shot unless you are a emo.

MUSION
October 22nd, 2009, 12:21 PM
I recall a couple of childhood dreams where I was shot at (once by some 'secret agent' kinda guys o_O and once by a dinosaur (a ceratopsid as I recall) with a minigun on it's back o_O), but I don't have any memories of being shot, then waking up.

derozio
October 22nd, 2009, 10:33 PM
Dreamt about falling into an eternal pit of darkness? Yes.
Dreamt about being shot? No.

But apart from that, I sure have seen dreams in which some member of my family gets killed...... They make me cry everytime I see them...

I am sure that I never cried when I died in a dream. Its just that.......I cry when someone else dies in my dreams.

:'(

THIRTY-SIX
October 22nd, 2009, 10:49 PM
Yes, by a variety of guns. I wake up half disappointed.

Seen myself die various ways too.

third93
October 23rd, 2009, 4:53 AM
it once ... it was long ago ... I shot a man who does not know