PDA

View Full Version : BAD ENDING

Gymnotide
September 3rd, 2009, 11:21 AM
ITT: Which anime has the worst final episode(s) ever?

I just finished watching Trinity Blood ep 24 and I feel like I just got completely shafted with the ending. Sure, I respect that the original story never got finished officially and that there were budget and time constraints, but really not cool! As a whole, the series was great, but the final episode left too much to be desired plotwise (both explanations of the previous episodes and the story to come) and seemed extremely rushed.

WTB season two :(

solopy567
September 4th, 2009, 02:45 PM
School Days

pretty self-explanatory for those who have seen it

Bay Alexison
September 4th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Does the 26th episode of Excel Saga count as an ending? If so, I would have to say that last episode is just...a WTF moment there for me, due to how that episode went too far with the explicit content. If not, maybe I'll edit this post as soon as I remember the endings of the animes I watched so far. XD

parallelzero
September 4th, 2009, 08:52 PM
School Days

Aha yeaaaaah. Pretty disturbing stuff.

Roy-Kun
September 5th, 2009, 11:02 PM
School Days (lol already mentioned), and Soul Eater to me.

The anime of Soul Eater had a PRETTY DISSAPOINTING and very lame last episode. I expected a more exciting ending.

ShinjisLover
September 5th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan; they ended it in the middle of freaking series!! >=OO

Wings Don't Cry
September 6th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Shaman King, at least they went and fixed it by making an extra series in the manga.

Also Special A, how dare they make the anime 25 episodes long and stop at 99 chapters for the manga. Why was it so rushed? They work for Shoujo, they don't need to be rushed like Weekly Shonen mangas.

Jordan
September 7th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Evangelion's alternate ending/movie anyone? It was basically "Okay, you don't want to have the characters' emotions reconciled? We'll just rip their bloody guts apart on the big screen!"

parallelzero
September 7th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Evangelion's alternate ending/movie anyone? It was basically "Okay, you don't want to have the characters' emotions reconciled? We'll just rip their bloody guts apart on the big screen!"

Nobody got ripped apart. D=

They were turned to goo, it's completely different!

Jordan
September 7th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Nobody got ripped apart. D=

They were turned to goo, it's completely different!
D;
Okay, so I guess only Unit 02 had its bloody guts spilled, but it wasn't pretty for anyone else either! Poor Asuka, she has to be the most abused character that I know of.

Rokusasu
September 8th, 2009, 03:05 AM
Vampire Knight Guilty had a fairly lacklustre ending- I know not many chapters of the manga had been released at the time, but still... I didn't watch 26 episodes of an anime for it to end with them walking off to stay at someone else's house for a while. o_o;

Graceful
September 8th, 2009, 03:07 AM
Sailor Moon Series One. It sorta sucked. The Next Series Final was better. It could have been better. That's all I'll say.

Integra Hellsing
September 8th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Hellsing, it should have last longer as a Manga and as an Anime.. However the OVAs look nice.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
September 29th, 2009, 02:41 PM
InuYasha.....................I just didn't really understand it, didn't make any type of sense to me

:t354:TG

.Chocolate.
September 29th, 2009, 05:12 PM
School Days...oh my god.
I've seen worse, but I hated Makoto after that.>.>

sabrina_diamond
September 29th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Revolutionary Girl Utena (but the movie was even worse)
Neon Genesis Evangelion

.Chocolate.
September 29th, 2009, 05:38 PM
I also didn't like Death Note's ending. Not gonna reveal any spoilers, if you watched the anime, you know why.

twocows
September 29th, 2009, 07:04 PM
School Days

Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey.

Nice boat.

Aha yeaaaaah. Pretty disturbing stuff.

School Days...oh my god.
I've seen worse, but I hated Makoto after that.>.>
I think he was referencing how the anime airing "ended." Google "nice boat" and you'll figure it out (edit: better yet, here's a link (http://globalvoicesonline.org/2007/09/21/japan-axe-murder-school-days-and-a-nice-boat/)).

Finnel
September 30th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Revolutionary Girl Utena (but the movie was even worse)
What are you talking about!? The movie was pure gold! Girls turning into cars chasing giant castles on wheels are awesome!

JP
September 30th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Only one I can really think of is Neon Genesis Evangelion, only because it's so widely known as having a horrible ending. I do remember thinking "what the hell? that's it?" at the end, but over the years I've come to understand it, and I really don't mind it at all.

ShinjisLover
September 30th, 2009, 01:00 PM
As was probably said before, Neon Genesis Evangelion. It was painfully awful. I wasn't really a fan of Black Lagoon's ending, either. Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan's ending was fairly terrible.

solopy567
September 30th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Well, symbolic animes are bound to have fairly bad endings, considering the message they are suppose to convey.

Yes, the ending to NGE was strange, but even stranger in the End of Evangelion movie.

Symbolism and good endings don't go together very well.

Yoshimi
September 30th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Most of the anime and manga I watch don't have an ending as of yet, but there are quite a few.
For one, Deathnote.
It all happened because Light had to flail his arms around every single time he wrote in the deathnote. Not to mention that his ego was even bigger than his IQ, and that he had an idiotic reporter working for him. And personally, I was rooting for Light; his acts killed the vile people of the world, although it led to him being a hypocrite.

The second one had to be Code Geass.
I was really saddened by the death of Lelouch, and it was beautifully made, but it's the fact that they made the ending anonymous. You will keep seeing theses questions on the internet asking "Is lelouch really dead?" and there will still be idiots denying it even though he was on the dead list of a popular magazine. If he is indeed alive, then it will make that whole emotional experience just nothing.

And lastly, Bitter Virgin.
I'll admit, I really liked the manga, and I wanted to read more, but it was a really short manga. Like before, it has those "what really happened?" endings. It isn't as garbled as to what happens like Code Geass, but it is still a confusing ending nonetheless. It tells nothing about what will happen in the couple, but there are still flaws I have yet to talk about in the manga.

Bay Alexison
September 30th, 2009, 03:42 PM
The second one had to be Code Geass.
I was really saddened by the death of Lelouch, and it was beautifully made, but it's the fact that they made the ending anonymous. You will keep seeing theses questions on the internet asking "Is lelouch really dead?" and there will still be idiots denying it even though he was on the dead list of a popular magazine. If he is indeed alive, then it will make that whole emotional experience just nothing.
Well, I don't really think the ending of Code Geass is anonymous to me. There has been clues that shows Lelouch is indeed gone like Kallen reflecting what happened, the pictures, everyone moving on, C.C.'s line at the end, and basically the world is indeed a better place ('cause the world will indeed go crazy if Lelouch is still emperor :P ). I guess I can understand why some people would ask if Lelouch is gone, considering C.C. is immortal and had used the Geass before if I remember correctly. Then again, yeah that it's a bit baffling some would think Lelouch is still alive even though there's loads of proofs that he's gone. XD

And lastly, Bitter Virgin.
I'll admit, I really liked the manga, and I wanted to read more, but it was a really short manga. Like before, it has those "what really happened?" endings. It isn't as garbled as to what happens like Code Geass, but it is still a confusing ending nonetheless. It tells nothing about what will happen in the couple, but there are still flaws I have yet to talk about in the manga.
Oh gawds, glad I'm not the only one that thought Bitter Virgin's ending is confusing. XD; Yeah, it's weird the couple's relationship is going to be vague like that. Dang it, if they like each other, they should just stick with each other! :<

thedestinedblade
September 30th, 2009, 04:28 PM
I wouldn't necessarily call them bad, but I find most of the Gundam endings pretty unsatisfying apart from maybe Turn-A, and Victory (Somewhat).

scyfer
September 30th, 2009, 09:18 PM
i loved air gear, but it had a horrible ending,

Ibuberu
October 1st, 2009, 01:33 AM
Soul Eater D: Actually, the whole anime kind of went downhill the moment it turned 'mecha' D: That was around the last few episodes. The ending really didn't do justice to the manga ;; And School Days, of course, the last episode was horrible, I covered my eyes and closed the window in the middle-ish part. And Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles? I just didn't like the ending of Season 1, and Season 2 wasn't all that great either, if compared to the real manga itself.

Kotowari
October 1st, 2009, 02:13 PM
Vampire Knight Guilty...
I was really looking forward to some kind of epic fight scene between either Zero or Kaname and the other Kuran... who's name escapes me at the moment... It was rather wierd really... Withe vines coming out of Zero's Bloody Rose, they should've explained it better... I raised my eyebrows more than once while watching the final episode. It was a very good anime in general though... but the ending... was lacking. In more ways then the one mentioned before.
Also, I'm reading the manga, so I'll see how that one ends up ending...

Utawarerumono... Seriously... I didn't understand one single bit of everything that was unfolded in the final Arc. (ok, exaggerated, but still, A lot of it didn't make sence)... And why did they have to introduce Mecha in it? Things were fine the way they were. >_<
Hakuoru some kind of goddeity, that works... ... but Mecha, no thank you. The final scene was nice though. :3

Candidate for Goddess... Yukiru Sugisaki, please finish the manga. D: Then maybe they'll decide to actually FINISH the anime as well. (it's not that I hate mecha... I should just fit in the story... Utawarerumono's Mecha... was just wierd and out of place (imo))

Eucliffe
October 1st, 2009, 03:14 PM
Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey.

Nice boat.

I immediately think Touhou. But that's because that line has been used in Touhou music parodies, so...

Anyhow, here are the ones I think had bad endings:

Full Moon wo Saga****e and Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne. They both ended in cliffhangers. If it wasn't for the manga giving us an ending (though there are some who love to think up what happens next, hence fanfictions are born), I would've probably continued crying out of frustration.

Also, Shaman King's ending wasn't the best either. Which is why I'm gonna try and go through the manga.

twocows
October 1st, 2009, 06:22 PM
You have to admit, it is a nice boat.
WIUQ7nwCl1o

kohei
October 2nd, 2009, 06:30 AM
Utawarerumono... Seriously... I didn't understand one single bit of everything that was unfolded in the final Arc. (ok, exaggerated, but still, A lot of it didn't make sence)... And why did they have to introduce Mecha in it? Things were fine the way they were. >_<
Hakuoru some kind of goddeity, that works... ... but Mecha, no thank you. The final scene was nice though. :3Well, Utaware is a SF story wrapped as a fantasy, so... though yeah, the anime was confusing for those who haven't played the game beforehand.

Misheard Whisper
October 2nd, 2009, 11:34 AM
Toradoru, or To-LOVE-Ru, had the most unsatisfactory ending ever. If you've read it, you'll know what I mean. If not, it's impossible to explain. *points you toward mangafox* There was a reason, though. Something about the author's ex-wife threatening to sue him and/or never let him see his daughter again, over a main character she claimed was based on her. It's understandable, I guess, but I really wish he'd finished it properly. It was a great manga.

kohei
October 2nd, 2009, 06:31 PM
Toradoru, or To-LOVE-Ru, had the most unsatisfactory ending ever. If you've read it, you'll know what I mean. If not, it's impossible to explain. *points you toward mangafox* There was a reason, though. Something about the author's ex-wife threatening to sue him and/or never let him see his daughter again, over a main character she claimed was based on her. It's understandable, I guess, but I really wish he'd finished it properly. It was a great manga.
The divorce thing was more of less to do with his wife cheating on him, with a teenager she met at some Nico Nico Douga offline meeting.
I doubt that is the direct reason for To-Love-Ru ending abruptly, but it could always be one factor.

Still, like Shaman King, a "complete" version could come out in the future, once everything has settled. Who knows.

Misheard Whisper
October 2nd, 2009, 10:05 PM
Full info on the matter is here (http://forums.mangafox.com/showthread.php?t=98552).

シルバー
October 2nd, 2009, 10:28 PM
School Days D:

I found the endings very boring and kinda annoying since the manga and anime have two completely different endings.
I don't know but I think they could have gone on a little more.

The Anime really mad me mad though. Makoto doing what he did really disgusted me.

SilverStilletto
October 2nd, 2009, 10:34 PM
i didnt like the end of Deathnote... i mean, Light deserved a much bigger finish than that! he may haved been warped and wrong, but ya gotta admit, his character was great. and the idea behind Deathnote was so cool too... it really shouldnt have had such an anticlimactic ending...

but the worst ive ever seen has to be Tokyo Underground. that was just... bad. the whole thing, other than the first couple eps was pretty fail, but the end, oma, i didnt think any ending could actually combine all the elements of bad endings... it was cliche, it was anticlimactic, it didnt explain things, things that didnt make any sense happened, nothing matched up! i mean, the final confrontation between Rumina and the bad guy whose name i cant remember lasted like 5 SECONDS!!!! and then, Ruri, who was absent most of the series, starts glowing and she, Chelsea, Jenosuke, and Rumina are suddenly in a field of flowers on the surface? WHAT THE TORN WORLD???!?!?!?!?!?! it never even explained what happened to everyone else, or even if the slums got crushed or not!!! im sorry if im giving out spoilers, but seriously, if youre upset about them, dont be. youre really much better off skipping the last ep, better yet, the last COUPLE eps, and making up your own idea of how it ends. seriously... it was just... bad.