PDA

View Full Version : Tearjerking Moments

Chloè
September 4th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Okay, so, I know I'm not the only one who has sobbed/cried at a certian anime series.... am I? I want to know, which series you found were tearjerking/misty eyed inducing. Spoilers please for spoilers, naturally. Manga counts too.

Here are mine, in order from most tearjerking to least, then by episode.

Clannad After Story

- Nagisa dies after giving birth to Ushiho. (I balled my eyes out)
- Ushiho dies (Poor poor Tomoya. T,T Once agian, balled)

AIR TV

- The scene where Misuzu is about to be taken away by her real father, and she yells "mommy" and Haruka runs to her. (Just touching.)
- Misuzu dies. (I think Lia's "Aozora" made this scene much more touching. I feel like both Luci Christian and Aya Hisakawa delivered an emotional delivery.)

Chrno Crusade

- Rosette and Chrono Die. (Once agian, just sad, how two people that love each other, can never have thier future)
- Death in the Manga (I could almost feel Rosette's pain..)

Sailor Moon

- Uranus + Neptune Die (I loved them both, and thier love really shone through in the end, the music didnt' help either.)

Golde-sama
September 5th, 2009, 04:26 PM
D.Gray-ManI'm one of those "hardened" types who doesn't cry much, but I was watching D.Gray-Man last night, and Daisya died. And I was just sitting there like, O What the crap! Which led me to be a disturbing combination of angry and sad.

There's more, but I can't remember..>XD

NeonFire
September 7th, 2009, 12:27 PM
I cried in Fruits Basket when Hatori told his story.

Rokusasu
September 8th, 2009, 03:03 AM
Death Note Anime
When L died.

Ouran High School Host Club Manga
When Hikaru and Kaoru talk about how no-one could ever tell them apart, and the effect it's had on them.

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles Manga
We find out the truth about Fai's childhood. Omg that one made me blub like a baby.

Fruits Basket Manga
Kyo's true form is finally revealed, and Tohru goes to 'save' him.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
September 8th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien:
When Haruka tells Takayuki to forget about her and move on and go with Mitsuki 'cause she's strong enough now to stand on her own

Well, I didn't actually cry, but I came pretty darn close. Ditto for the Clannad After Story scenes that were already mentioned.

Jolene
September 8th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Fullmetal Alchemist made me really sad, when

Nina died.

Dominus Temporis
September 8th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Only once has anime made me cry, and that's Gurren Lagann...
Pretty much the entire last half of the final episode, or at least the point when Nia starts to disappear, up until the very last shot. I knew it was coming and it still got me. Still does a little, every time I watch it.
And I still can't listen to some of the slow, sad music from the soundtrack without sandwiching those tracks between the awesome songs or I get all distraught.

twocows
September 8th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Hmm... there have been many, since I tend to watch stuff that induces such reactions. So many, in fact, that I can't remember them all; I'll just list my favorites.
Cardcaptor Sakura:
- second movie nearing the end
Fanboy rant here, best series ever, go watch now, etc.

Kanon 2006:
- Makoto arc
- Ayu arc
Both of these arcs really got to me. I can't say if one got to me more than the other; they both affected me quite a bit.

5 Centimeters per Second:
- parts 1 and 3 (mostly 3)
I'm not really a fan of tragic romance (I prefer happy endings, sorry), so this was an unusual choice for me. While I understand why the characters did what they did, I don't believe the outcome was inevitable. Still, very sad (and also very well done).

Wings Don't Cry
September 9th, 2009, 02:44 AM
One Piece

Nico Robin past

RYOUKI
September 9th, 2009, 05:23 AM
I think I'm the only one here who cried in a COMEDY series. XD

Lucky Star
I cried when Konata and her dad was talking about her mom.

Toradora!
The moment Taiga and Kanou fought for Kitamura.
The moment Ami and Minori fought about showing their true feelings for Ryuuji.
Taiga screaming for Ryuuji during the Xmas party.

Giraffles <3
September 9th, 2009, 04:15 PM
One Piece - Choppers Past

They chose the perfect music for it and it almost made me cry.

diamondpearl876
September 9th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Death Note - When L died. :[

Tsubasa - When we were told about Kurogane and Fai's past. Both of them were just... ughhh. ;__;

xxxHOLiC - When Watanuki's first friend turns out to be a ghost, when that's all he's been running away from in his life.

One Piece - The entire first arc that Sanji appears in made me want to cry a lot... I'm not sure why. At all. O_o;

KnilShadowLink
September 9th, 2009, 10:26 PM
I know this is a stupid question but how do I add the Spoilers button?

Anyways...

FMA

Pokemon

Fruits Basket

Oh and for some reason when I finish watching/reading an anime/manga I can't help but feel "empty" I don't know how I feel, I think I'm just sad it's over. (I'll add more as I remember them and I'll add what the specific parts of the anime/manga I'm refearing to if I learn to add a spoilers button.

Jordan
September 10th, 2009, 05:59 PM
+ All of Clannad Afterstory for me, save episode 1...
- All arc-endings of the first season, save for Tomoyo's (what the heck, 2 episodes?)

+ Kanon
- All arc-enders as well.

thedestinedblade
September 10th, 2009, 07:07 PM
The end of Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket is really heartbreaking. The tragic ending could have easily been avoid too. :'(

OokamiShipper
September 12th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Anytime someone dies I will cry.
That's all to it...wait, there are certain other parts where I'll cry to, besides the dying.

The Third -
When the Observer told everyone about his devastating and unappreciated life.

Code Geass -
When Lelouch died ;-;

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood -
When Hughes died

I've cried to more, but I've forgotten them. ^^;

chanchimi
September 12th, 2009, 10:37 PM
The end of Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket is really heartbreaking. The tragic ending could have easily been avoid too. :'(

Agreed. I found it very heartbreaking also. In fact, most of the deaths and tragedies could have been avoided in 0080.

T3h Kaiser
September 12th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Clannad After Story

- Nagisa dies after giving birth to Ushiho. (I balled my eyes out)
- Ushiho dies (Poor poor Tomoya. T,T Once agian, balled)

Heh, I clicked this thread just to see how long it would take me to find someone mention Clannad. Didn't take long at all... XD

Nina died.

Oh dear Lord, this. I don't even like FMA, but the closest I ever got to crying at an animu was this. I still hate that show for that.

Oh man, I forgot all about that. Such a great series, which is... atypical for Gundam in my personal opinion.

JP
September 13th, 2009, 08:16 AM

Nina died.
That and
When Hughes dies...

There were also a few moments in Gundam Seed, like...
When La Flaga dies to protect the Archangel. Of course that was pointless as he returns in Destiny lol...

Those are probably the most I've come to tearing up a bit, at least the only ones I can remember of. :P

Eпvy
September 15th, 2009, 09:17 AM
One Piece

Robin's Past
Brook's Past and Bink's Sake
Episode 405

(I'm sure that others have made me cry, but I don't remember the other stories quite as well. It's a long series. XD)

Fullmetal Alchemist

Hughes Funeral and Elicia asking why they're burying her father. T_T
When I thought that Roy Mustang was dead
The last episode or so when Ed died

That's all I can think of. One Piece has made me cry the most. Despite it looking like a silly and happy Shounen anime it has some of the most saddening stories.

ArcanineOod
September 15th, 2009, 12:06 PM
The only ones that really spring to mind apart from all the sad moments in Pokemon films where a character 'dies', have been in Death Note, for example:

When L died D=
When Light's father died D=
At the end when dear Matsuda, so overcome with grief and anger, shoots Light. D=
I mean, part of me was sad for Light, but most of me was saying he had it coming and all of me was distraught for dear Matsuda. Dear, dear Matsuda. The only person who never believed that Light was Kira, finding out that his hero was the very murderer he'd been chasing...

xX

ReyRey-Pyon
September 15th, 2009, 01:04 PM
in code geass when
Lelouch dies, and you realize he wasnt really evil after all, that he planned it, kallen and suzaku start to tear up, and his sister, dear god his sister is in hysterics. it doesn't help that you see flash backs of his life, including some of the good times he's shared with his friends

speaking of code geass tear jerkers, when
Shirley died was absolutely terrible ;A; , Lelouch is just begging her to live, and using his geass repeatedly, but no success, she dies. but what got me was her saying about how much she loves him, and no matter how many times she s reborn, she repeatedly falls in love all over again </3

and when Rolo "not a tool" Lamperouge dies too, using his geass to save Lelouch, against his protests, he gives a whole speech too. TT_TT

even though he is the one who killed Shirley, you can't help but tear up ;A;

Bay Alexison
September 15th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Some people already mentioned the tearjerker moments I was about to say, but I'll expand a bit. XD

Code Geass
Yeah, both Rolo and Shirley's death are quite emotional. Part of it because how those two, despite knowing Lelouch is Zero and of his intentions, they still love him so. Lelouch's death I didn't cry but actually smiled because later on the world became a better place and he achieved it. His sister screaming though is quite an intense scene there.

Heh, what's weird after C.C's line that Lelouch won't be alone, I thought so too and that he's with both Rolo and Shirley. :)

Lucky Star
I too got emotional when Konota and her dad were talking about their mother. It's such a cute but sad scene. The two really cared about her a lot.

And a couple ones not mentioned:

Black Cat:
When Eve stabbed Sven with her hair (yeah, that's right, hair :P ). I loved their interaction before that incident happened and I feel bad that Sven is willing to risk his life to not let Eve go berserk.

Axis Power Hetelia:
Yes, that anime. :P The ending of the "America Cleans His Closet" arc. Really sad America and England have to go against each other. Also, America's line to England, "You used to be so big," is just...dang.

Jordan
September 15th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Heh, I clicked this thread just to see how long it would take me to find someone mention Clannad. Didn't take long at all... XD
Everyone who watched Clannad Afterstory probably needed some emotional counseling some time or another. I bawled like a baby D:

revelp8
September 15th, 2009, 05:46 PM
>.> i had a few moments where it totally got to me

One Piece:
When Going Merry saved the crew one last time after luffy beat lucci, and then luffy put it to flames

Samurai Champloo:
when fuu finally meets her father, the samurai who smells like sunflowers and he's totally sick, and she can't hit him like she wanted to...

TTGL:
Kamina dies...

Fullmetal Alchemist: the first series
when edward killed his "mom" humunculus

twocows
September 15th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Everyone who watched Clannad Afterstory probably needed some emotional counseling some time or another. I bawled like a baby D:
I haven't watched the anime adaptation of the After Story arc, but from all the stuff I'm hearing, I'm guessing they went with the bad ending? The visual novel has a good ending as well, you know.

Finnel
September 15th, 2009, 08:08 PM
I haven't watched the anime adaptation of the After Story arc, but from all the stuff I'm hearing, I'm guessing they went with the bad ending? The visual novel has a good ending as well, you know.
The anime went with the good ending.

Yeah, CLANNAD was pretty sad but... What about AiR? Nobody's mentioned that. The last episode is just a gigantic crying fest, so were a lot of other episodes as well.

Haza
September 15th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Everytime a momodo on Zach Bell died I always wanted to cry.

Houndour2004
September 16th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Candy Candy made me cry, but it's years since I had it on VHS.

Jordan
September 16th, 2009, 03:22 PM

Like Makku said, they went with the good ending. The events leading up to it were very, very tearjerking, though. You should definitely try it out. It's better than the first season in my book, and according to MyAnimeList, a lot of other people's too.

twocows
September 16th, 2009, 08:29 PM
The anime went with the good ending.

Yeah, CLANNAD was pretty sad but... What about AiR? Nobody's mentioned that. The last episode is just a gigantic crying fest, so were a lot of other episodes as well.
Huh. Guess I shouldn't make assumptions.

Anyway, I wasn't a fan of Air. I had high expectations after Clannad and Kanon (all three are Key works), and I just couldn't relate to the main character at all. Granted, I only watched the first two episodes of the adaptation, but he kind of seemed like an idiot.

Ryoutarou
September 17th, 2009, 03:34 AM
Grave of the Fireflies
Still one scene that makes me cry, no matter how often I see it, Setsuko's death. Seita trying frantically to wake her up once he's finally gotten some food for her always makes me misty-eyed.

Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
Doesn't do much to me now, but when I saw it for the first time when I was 11 or so, Bernie's death really had me crying so much, as well as Al finally realizing the finality of death.

My Neighbor Totoro
The ending. It's so incredibly happy and relieving that I could never help but get teary-eyed at it, still has that sort of impact on me whenever I watch it.

Despite all of this crying, I'm still a total manly man. :O

Bianca Paragon
September 17th, 2009, 05:54 AM
Shara's death in Teknoman/Tekkaman Blade is particularly poignant for me; I *did* first watch it when I was very young and that may have had a hand in why it makes me so sad ~ but aside for that the scene itself is truly beautiful. Now it's worth noting that this is a 1992/93 anime so the production values aren't what we're used to today. But what they did give us; even in the Int'l Dub is nothing short of outstanding. Remember this is a period of very much "all cartoons are for children"; but we got so much more than that!

Yes, we did see Shara nude during her final Teknoman transformation; we did see her get quite literally crucified by her Brother, and tortured for his entertainment. And we do feel every ounce of the resolve of this girl who was doomed from the very off-set and whom gathered every little reserve of strength in one last full measure of devotion to what is fundamentally right and true; as she initiates her self destruct. The scene is brutal, no-holds-barred, sorta stuff. And at the same time, it's beautiful. Her sacrifice is gorgeous, breath-taking and, yes, very much a tear-jerker.

I've uploaded the scene here! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXRJ3QAwZRI) for your enjoyment. But be forewarned; as mentioned there's about a half second of anime-boob on display!

Azumi
September 17th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Well. I'm emotional. Serious.

Fullmetal Alchemist

- when Hughes died, in both series
- when Nina and Alexander died

Pokemon

At the end of the Shaymin movie. Yes I'm an idiot.
And also the Mewtwo movie. Dewgong ruined it though...

Keroro Gunso

When Keroro and the gang had to leave for their own planet, only to find that it was health check. Seriously, I was bawling like a baby. D:

There are a lot of anime that made me cry, but it currently escaped me. *sighs*

Bay Alexison
September 17th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Pokemon

At the end of the Shaymin movie. Yes I'm an idiot.
And also the Mewtwo movie. Dewgong ruined it though...

Don't blame the Dewgong! D:

In all seriousness though, it would be quite emotional if Ash did die at that moment. For realz. :P