PDA

View Full Version : OMG! I want it! Can I afford it?

Graceful
September 5th, 2009, 02:45 AM
Have you saw a DVD or CD that you really want to buy but don't have enough money for it?
Tell Us Here ;-

Cheesymitten
September 5th, 2009, 02:48 AM
I had it happen to me today -.-
I saw one of my favourite bands album new out and mum said...
"Got any money Adam?"
I didn't T_T so i couldn't pay her back or anything...

Graceful
September 5th, 2009, 03:21 AM
It happened to me when I was 'Scanning' Ebay for A Utada CD or Merchandise. Like a Poster. They were MEGA expensive. I'll have a look later. I have £40 now....

Rokusasu
September 5th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Nope, because I don't watch many DVDs, and I prefer iTunes/ Spotify to CDs. :P

There have been other things though, like games and stuff...

poopnoodle
September 5th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Raising the money for all the seasons of Arrested Development was hell. I eventually got them, and now I feel stupid because Hulu and MSN play them for free. 6_6

Virtual Chatot
September 5th, 2009, 03:06 PM
I couldn't afford the last Dave Matthews band CD that came out because I had just spent all my money on a $90 Hebrew learning book.

It's almost worth it :3

Jweeson
September 5th, 2009, 03:33 PM
I had it happen to me today -.-
I saw one of my favourite bands album new out and mum said...
"Got any money Adam?"
I didn't T_T so i couldn't pay her back or anything...
That's when you say "Yes." and don't tell her you have no money until you get home.

And yes. I really like the movie "The Nightmare Before Christmas, and they just came out with a remastered edition and I really want it. Still no money. D:

Gold warehouse
September 5th, 2009, 03:47 PM
If you're so unimaginably poor that you can't afford a CD or if you're just a cheapskate, torrenting is your friend. :D

NeonFire
September 5th, 2009, 04:12 PM
I saw the Final Fantasy: Advent Children at Wal-Mart.
I didn't have any money though. ;'(
My mom might've gotten it, but she needed to watch it first to see if it was okay.
Meh. I'll watch it online.

Owl
September 5th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Yea, Tha Carter lll lol. I wanted it so badly that I sold some kid a bag of cheetos overpriced and he bought it lol xD

Tudj
September 6th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Yes, an Xbox 360, except I had to wait and extra 2 months to raise enough money.

Graceful
September 6th, 2009, 03:04 AM
I saw the Final Fantasy: Advent Children at Wal-Mart.
I didn't have any money though. ;'(
My mom might've gotten it, but she needed to watch it first to see if it was okay.
Meh. I'll watch it online.
It's Just Got A Bit Of Fighting. No Blood. A Few Cuts And Scars, Er....Violence, Sorta Depressing Storyline. ITS AWESOME!!! ^_^
I also would like 'Exodus' By Utada [British Edition With 2 Bonus Remixes Of ; You Make Me Want To Me A Man] Or Secret By Kuu-Chan.....:c

BJ088
September 6th, 2009, 03:08 AM
I remember my last DVD shopping spree, there was SO much that I wanted but I was broke. Then my father calls me up and told me that our insurance claim was successful after I had stuff stolen from me earlier that year and we received a voucher for JB HI FI to use within the upcoming year for $2500. HUGE! I got everything I wanted and MORE. Still got $400 left to spend!

Graceful
September 8th, 2009, 02:16 AM
I want the U*Star - Cubic U/Utada 3/U3 CD Off Ebay. It's really rare, and I need it! v_v I've heard it and I want it! Utada's re-releasing it as '9 Year old Memories' in Japan, but I really want the original!

Noah Ridgewood
September 8th, 2009, 02:36 AM
I have to rely on my father to buy me music. Mainly because I buy all of my music through iTunes and that requires a credit card; a useful treasure I don't have the privilege of owning for some reason I will never be able to understand. So for the most part, I have to ask him if he could buy me a song or an album... or whatever it is that I want, and I have to wait until he gets off the couch and finally takes the time to buy it for me... then he takes decades looking for more songs; only to add them to his "wish list." Never to actually buy them.

I can't wait until I turn 18, omg. :(

Gunn
September 9th, 2009, 04:14 AM
I have to download the Poets of the Fall albums because they don't sell their stuff in CD format in the States. If I were to import them, they would cost way too much than what I would generally pay for on a single album. So yeah, no CDs for me. ): I swear, if I were to take a trip to Europe, that is going to be the first thing I'm going to do is buy ALL OF THEM. mewant.

TRIFORCE89
September 11th, 2009, 06:28 PM
For CDs... really only The Beatles Stereo Box Set that came out earlier this week.

I know it wasn't asked, but for non-CD stuff... a membership to D23

Cello
September 11th, 2009, 06:59 PM
CDs and DVDs aren't a problem for me. I bought a DVD just today.
And I have my card linked to my iTunes account so if I want a song I just go get it.

But fff if it isn't these new phones that make me want to pull my hair out.
I suck at saving money for things that aren't bills. D:

diamondpearl876
September 11th, 2009, 07:18 PM
I don't ever buy DVDs, but I do always want to buy CDs. T___T I have to resist the urge and keep reminding myself to just download it when I get home... Yeah.

Sammi
September 12th, 2009, 08:45 AM
I've done it with the first season of Pokemon. Lame, I know, but I wanted them. I just didn't have the money at the time. :( Probably won't for a long time, and by the time I do, I just might not be interested anymore.

I also almost bought The Great Mouse Detective on a whim at Wal-Mart. What stopped me was that although I technically had the money for it, I really shouldn't spend it. So no DVD for me.