PDA

View Full Version : Bring the FAQ back?

Sajuuk
September 5th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Alright, so while I saw going through the archives of CQ+F by how many times a thread was viewed, this came up:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=30600

It looks quite good, and personally that could cut down the spam. Just a shame that it got undocked.

So, what do you think? Bring it back or leave it dead?

Poll running btw ...

.Seth
September 5th, 2009, 10:37 AM
So...if people don't read the FAQ in the first place...
then that means...

Why revamp it?

jigglyppuff8
September 5th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Why need a thread when this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/faq.php) exists?

Azonic
September 5th, 2009, 10:39 AM
O hello dar (http://www.pokecommunity.com/faq.php)

It doesn't make much sense to recreate what already exists. Especially if the one that exists is already much better than what you can create.

edit: stupid internet is slow ;o;

Sajuuk
September 5th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Other than that one, which is always there. Nah, I meant the FAQ for CQ+F, since I quite like that one that Erica made :)

.Seth
September 5th, 2009, 10:42 AM
They still don't read that FAQ anyways.

Sajuuk
September 5th, 2009, 10:53 AM
They still don't read that FAQ anyways.
But the one I'm linking to was viewed 12,340, more times probably than the other FAQ.

Pazuzu
September 5th, 2009, 10:57 AM
But the one I'm linking to was viewed 12,340, more times probably than the other FAQ.

Just what do you base that claim on?

Avey
September 5th, 2009, 11:01 AM
People who ask those sort of questions don't check stickied threads, nor the FAQ. Thus reposting the thread is completely unnecessary.

Stop with your hypocritical attempts at getting modded, Spey. You will never ever be a member of staff, just give up.

Sajuuk
September 5th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Stop with your hypocritical attempts at getting modded, Spey. You will never ever be a member of staff, just give up.
These are NOT any kind of attempts to become a staff, I know I never will be one, since Arcanine told me so.

So please, stop now, before I explode with anger. I'm already having a lot of stress with my school, people going around on a piece of coded software telling me that these are attempts to make me staff aren't going to wash anymore. You will get bored of saying so.

Also, every CQ+F thread I seem to make comes down with a lot of spammy and flame-worthy posts. Can't you just get off my back, stop spamming my threads with pointless posts and also, reporting them because you don't like my ideas.

Your ideas are very different from my ideas, we can't all be clones thinking the same things.

So, in moral, give it a rest.

Zorua
September 5th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Okay, that's it. One of a kind people like you should be told and it should be flipping creamed into your head that your suggestions suck. I'm just being honest here, and let me tell you why:

· Hey staff I found a way to cut down spam lol :) - Your threads like these offer no basis and never will. Want to know how I know? Because in the daily life of a forum, especially one that's as active as PC, spam is pretty much inevitable. It happens, and it's part of the staff's job to deal with those kinda things. It happens, so there's nothing you can do about it. No more additional announcement, no more additional stickies. That's it

· Staff I have a suggestion :) - These kinda threads are seen less often, but they're still annoying nonetheless because they contain ideas that:

a. Do not work
b. Have been attempted before, but didn't work
c. Way out of wack and just would never work.

I don't want to be seen as mean, I'm just being honest, Spey. This really is irritating, y'know. I understand you're trying to help PC, but sometimes, there are certain things you take, and you take them whether you like it or not.

So yeah.

Sajuuk
September 5th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Okay, that's it. One of a kind people like you should be told and it should be flipping creamed into your head that your suggestions suck. I'm just being honest here, and let me tell you why:
Sorry but I take that remark as flaming other members.

· Hey staff I found a way to cut down spam lol :) - Your threads like these offer no basis and never will. Want to know how I know? Because in the daily life of a forum, especially one that's as active as PC, spam is pretty much inevitable. It happens, and it's part of the staff's job to deal with those kinda things. It happens, so there's nothing you can do about it. No more additional announcement, no more additional stickies. That's it
No, it's not always. So don't make such a claim. The staff are there to maintain the board, not clear up the spam. There are forums like RelicNews, right, they have lots of staff, but spam is so little, they don't have to do much.

Because their rules are very strict, and make them elitist. The rules here aren't setting out what is and isn't. Like what is spam and what isn't.

· Staff I have a suggestion :) - These kinda threads are seen less often, but they're still annoying nonetheless because they contain ideas that:

a. Do not work
b. Have been attempted before, but didn't work
c. Way out of wack and just would never work.

How do you know? You are not staff, nor do the staf ftell anyone anything that staff are discussing. That's the purpose of it and is also very like the NDA that people sign up for, in Focus Groups.

I don't want to be seen as mean, I'm just being honest, Spey. This really is irritating, y'know. I understand you're trying to help PC, but sometimes, there are certain things you take, and you take them whether you like it or not.
Sorry, but I see your entire post as insulting and flaming.

Pazuzu
September 5th, 2009, 11:13 AM
How do you know? You are not staff, nor do the staf ftell anyone anything that staff are discussing. That's the purpose of it and is also very like the NDA that people sign up for, in Focus Groups.

As unbelieveable as it sounds, he was at one point. :x

Avey
September 5th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Lolk, let's get one thing straight before you post another thing: look at your own flaws before pointing out the flaws of others. Stop trying to help get rid of spam here until YOU stop spamming yourself.

Damn it, Spey, get the hint.

Zorua
September 5th, 2009, 11:16 AM
@Spey: Flaming != Harsh Criticism.

Just saying.

Avey
September 5th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Sorry, but I see your entire post as insulting and flaming.

Saying every post that disagrees with your points is insulting and flaming you is pretty pathetic. Stop reiterating.

Klippy
September 5th, 2009, 12:05 PM
You guys all are making yourselves look bad. You're all spamming this thread with an unrelated discussion. Who cares if Spey is trying to get modded? It doesn concern you, so quit picking on the kid. Give it a rest. :|

Ausaudriel
September 5th, 2009, 12:09 PM
@_@; Why do these threads always spiral downward so quickly... guys, stop antagonizing him. Stop replying.

Other than that one, which is always there. Nah, I meant the FAQ for CQ+F, since I quite like that one that Erica made :)
That FAQ was almost an exact copypaste of the actual FAQ (http://www.pokecommunity.com/faq.php), she didn't just randomly go and type up a thread with new content. We unsticked the thread because all of that information was already in the other FAQ (which is accessible from not only the description of CQ&F, but from every single page on PC from the navbar links.)

So yeah, we're not bringing that thread back. Appreciate the thought and everything but it's redundant, so...

:furretlock: